Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Azza Bamboo
Apr 7, 2018

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021
Worth it imo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
motorsport manager plus all the expansions are £6.99 on steam sale till the 3rd

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

italian quid posted:

I kept telling people its good but nobody believed me. Just like how nobody believed me when I said the latest matrix film has a scene where a character looks directly at the camera and says "We don't really want to make another matrix but Warner Brothers said they're making one whether we're involved or not so I guess we're making another matrix"

They should have held this belief after the first matrix movie because they only can blame themselves for chasing the money and making GBS threads out albino vampire twins or whatever and then punching you in the face with the Neo is Jesus thing over and over

The animatrix was good though

Zeta Acosta
Dec 16, 2019

#essereFerrari
Honda stays with RBR.

https://twitter.com/Motorsport/status/1487005846747893760

TheBacon
Feb 8, 2012

#essereFerrari

Lmao I guess they liked winning*

Roller Coast Guard
Aug 27, 2006

With this magnificent aircraft,
and my magnificent facial hair,
the British Empire will never fall!

Didn't Red Bull just construct a giant zillion dollar factory for building their own F1 engines?

Residency Evil
Jul 28, 2003

4/5 godo... Schumi

Guess Honda was still developing their engines after RB decided to switch?

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE
They've missed a trick by not 'leaving' for a year and then 'coming back' after the engines are frozen as a 'new' manufacturer

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

Tsaedje posted:

They've missed a trick by not 'leaving' for a year and then 'coming back' after the engines are frozen as a 'new' manufacturer

"The change has been made in part to ensure that RBP will still be a new participant when its own engine is introduced in 2026."

Turns out that's essentially exactly what this is.

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE
But they could have done it twice. Don't know if it's good or damning that I'm on the same wavelength as these fuckers

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

Roller Coast Guard posted:

Didn't Red Bull just construct a giant zillion dollar factory for building their own F1 engines?

Yeah, so it's basically a 4-year headstart on the new regs that come in 2026, so could well be a repeat of Mercedes HPP getting well ahead of the curve on the 2014 power units.

MustardFacial
Jun 20, 2011
George Russel's
Official Something Awful Account
Lifelong Tory Voter

quote:

Meanwhile as reported on Wednesday former Honda F1 boss Masashi Yamamoto has left the manufacturer to set up his own consultancy in order to provide a bridge between Red Bull and Japan, further extending the continuity between the partners.

Watch RBR buy this company right before the start of the 2026 season.

a pipe smoking dog
Jan 25, 2010

"haha, dogs can't smoke!"

learnincurve posted:

motorsport manager plus all the expansions are £6.99 on steam sale till the 3rd

A good game until you get to the off season and have to play fastest finger first with the AI to sign a new driver/engineer

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

italian quid posted:

I kept telling people its good but nobody believed me. Just like how nobody believed me when I said the latest matrix film has a scene where a character looks directly at the camera and says "We don't really want to make another matrix but Warner Brothers said they're making one whether we're involved or not so I guess we're making another matrix"

Maybe they should've let someone else make it instead of going out of their way to spitefully make one of the worst movies I've ever seen in my life

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

your friend wicka posted:

Maybe they should've let someone else make it instead of going out of their way to spitefully make one of the worst movies I've ever seen in my life

You didn't like it when it just made an abrupt tonal change and just randomly became an Ocean's 11 style heist film?

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

My personal take is that the Wachowskis are in fact bad directors and somehow the stars just magically aligned and somehow the matrix became a good film

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

italian quid posted:

You didn't like it when it just made an abrupt tonal change and just randomly became an Ocean's 11 style heist film?

I did not, nor did I like it when the heist instantly failed and they instantly moved on to just doing a different thing

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

Bound is a good movie

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

italian quid posted:

My personal take is that the Wachowskis are in fact bad directors and somehow the stars just magically aligned and somehow the matrix became a good film

My personal take is that most directors are bad and need producers to rein them in and prevent them from making bad movies, and the only truly good directors are those who are given complete control and still make good movies. Also Speed Racer is the best Wachowski movie, not The Matrix.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

My personal take is that most directors are bad and need producers to rein them in and prevent them from making bad movies, and the only truly good directors are those who are given complete control and still make good movies. Also Speed Racer is the best Wachowski movie, not The Matrix.

David Lynch both supports and disproves your theory.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

italian quid posted:

David Lynch both supports and disproves your theory.

The second I posted that I thought "I sure hope no one mentions David Lynch"

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

How Twin Peaks season 3 ever got made is a mystery for the ages, because its loving brilliant but I think no sane producer would look at that and say "yeah this works"

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC
The original Matrix film was good but I think it is fair to say, based on a recent Fox News interview and Reddit meltdown, that we're all a bit loving worn out from tolerating a very specific venn diagram.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

I don't know anything about Venn diagrams and I'm not gonna start now

a pipe smoking dog
Jan 25, 2010

"haha, dogs can't smoke!"

Theophany posted:

The original Matrix film was good but I think it is fair to say, based on a recent Fox News interview and Reddit meltdown, that we're all a bit loving worn out from tolerating a very specific venn diagram.

I feel like I missed something because I have no idea what this post is about.

Also maybe the other wachowski was the good one and that was why the new matrix was bad (I haven't seen it though so maybe it's good)

And finally they should make F1 be speed racer

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003
I love Speed Racer, but I will not defend it in any way if someone didn’t like it, I totally understand, I just love it for some reason.

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
I think Speed Racer as a movie was crap but I’ll defend it because the visual style was really unique and ambitious even if it didn’t work

MustardFacial
Jun 20, 2011
George Russel's
Official Something Awful Account
Lifelong Tory Voter
I'm going to watch this new matrix movie now and I hope it is as cringy as is described in these posts.

Rhopunzel
Jan 6, 2006

Stroll together, win together

italian quid posted:

the original movie was limited by the technology and budget so the action scenes had to be simpler, which had the side effect of being paced better and easier to watch. when you cant just fill a movie with nonstop action you have to rely on things like "writing" and "pacing"

after it was a huge success and they were less limited, so they just crammed as much as they could into action scenes until you get unintelligible messes like neo fighting 500 badly animated smiths and fight sequences where so many people are fighting at once its impossible to follow

in other words wickas right about producers needing to rein in directors

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

MustardFacial posted:

I'm going to watch this new matrix movie now and I hope it is as cringy as is described in these posts.

It's cool seeing a movie made under duress

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Rhopunzel posted:

in other words wickas right

Wow what a post

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

Just-In-Timeberlake posted:

I love Speed Racer, but I will not defend it in any way if someone didn’t like it, I totally understand, I just love it for some reason.

Ditto, except I'll defend it, it's based on a stupid anime, it's a stupid live action anime. It's loving great for what it's supposed to be.

Also Roger Allam.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Wow what a post

you've waited so long for such validation :unsmith:

my read on the RBR/Honda thing is the Honda board reversing course after seeing just how much press they were getting out of this whole F1 thing, and that's even without being able to truly maximize the home market because there hasn't been a race here in two years. They might have looked at the cost requirements they signed up on and realized they might as well put their name on it to benefit instead of letting Red Bull get everything.

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

italian quid posted:

How Twin Peaks season 3 ever got made is a mystery for the ages, because its loving brilliant but I think no sane producer would look at that and say "yeah this works"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=80eMhhWnWbk

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

ticktum already getting spicy in formula e :getin:

quote:

I was a bit unlucky because I got put in the middle of two rookies between Ticktum and Askew.

One of them was overly cautious which to me was the right approach, which was Oliver and good for him, he had a good race.

"And Dan, he just came where there was no [room], he shouldn't have been there and was overly aggressive and yeah, he ended my race."

https://us.motorsport.com/formula-e/news/da-costa-blames-overly-aggressive-ticktum-for-lap-1-diriyah-fe-exit/7702420/

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE
Da Costa's then hosed his own quali for the second race by not paying attention to the lights

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

Is there a good summary of the Formula E quali format anywhere? I saw a Tweet from Karun saying he liked it and it made things exciting, but F-E is also the race series of fan boost so exciting isn't always better.

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE
Field is split into two qualifying groups, the top 4 from each go into 1v1 knockouts where they're 10s or so apart on track. It's not very thrilling

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

The Honda engine fraud pisses me off op!!!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

Thanks Ants posted:

Is there a good summary of the Formula E quali format anywhere? I saw a Tweet from Karun saying he liked it and it made things exciting, but F-E is also the race series of fan boost so exciting isn't always better.

idk the reasoning for running 220kw vs 250kw. safety when more cars are on track?