Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
https://twitter.com/ItsBradShepard/status/1486666501608419332

its so beautiful it belongs in The Lourve

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

Davros1 posted:

I love these because they're POSITIVE if you mention any WWE person, EVERYBODY will know who they are. Hate to break their bubble, but if someone isn't a wrestling fan, then they'll have no idea who the gently caress Roman Reigns or Sasha Banks is.

I would be so embarrassed to quiz my wife on current wrestler names.

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

I'm trying to figure out what ol' Brad is implying by picking that picture specifically.

Tampa Bae
Aug 23, 2021

Please, this is all I have
I think danhausen has made it pretty clear it's an intentional parody

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Lead Pipe Cinch posted:

I would be so embarrassed to quiz my wife on current wrestler names.

My girlfriend asked me if "King of Darkness" EVIL is a wrestler recently which is probably the funniest name to be asked about.

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
what was your answer

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Seams posted:

what was your answer

"Yes" and then why she was asking about him of all people. One of her bosses is a New Japan fan and thinks her coworker looks like EVIL.

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

My girlfriend asked me if "King of Darkness" EVIL is a wrestler recently which is probably the funniest name to be asked about.

My wife is a librarian, so I get to validate whether or not to buy particular wrestler biographies when patrons request them.

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

"Yes" and then why she was asking about him of all people. One of her bosses is a New Japan fan and thinks her coworker looks like EVIL.

drat, better watch out. For all his faults as a wrestler, EVIL is d r e a m y

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
watch out for beret wearing men with garrottes GEORGE W BUSHI

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!

Lead Pipe Cinch posted:

My wife is a librarian, so I get to validate whether or not to buy particular wrestler biographies when patrons request them.

Mine too, but all I got out of it was a copy of Batista's book that they were throwing away.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

a cyborg mug posted:

drat, better watch out. For all his faults as a wrestler, EVIL is d r e a m y

She has another coworker who her boss claims looks like Tanahashi (and made the office watch Tana vs Mutoh of all matches to verify that) so either I'm dealing with the world's sexiest computer programmers or he's got some form of face blindness.

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

One of her bosses is a New Japan fan

Would you call him aficionado?

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

She has another coworker who her boss claims looks like Tanahashi (and made the office watch Tana vs Mutoh of all matches to verify that) so either I'm dealing with the world's sexiest computer programmers or he's got some form of face blindness.

Which would you prefer?

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

edogawa rando posted:

Which would you prefer?

Hey if she's surrounded by dead ringers for really hot pro wrestlers and is choosing to be with me I'll take that.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

https://twitter.com/ReyGDC_/status/1486959280838385666

Behold a man that got worked and is very mad about it.

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

"If I lose I will set myself on fire."
I got worked, that is all.
Something something Cody Rhodes.

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

I'm not interested in constructive criticism, believe me.
he literally thinks AEW is trying to hide cody getting booed and wants to claim he's not getting worked

cody derangement syndrome is very real

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

This is like one of those pictures where someone says this is the future atheist want and then you go yeah that would be rad lol

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

Wait, so you're telling me that as well as being a fun comedy wrestler Danhausen is also married to a burlesque dancer and plays dress-up with her?

And I'm meant to think that's... bad somehow?

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

https://twitter.com/LooneyToon_22/status/1486926253345103872
https://twitter.com/LooneyToon_22/status/1486930863959035908

nothing ever happens before it happens in WWE or AEW

Kosmo Gallion
Sep 13, 2013
AEW should only hire famous people. In fact, nobody should ever appear on TV or film again unless they've got at least 1M Instagram followers.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Shard posted:

This is like one of those pictures where someone says this is the future atheist want and then you go yeah that would be rad lol

It's always eye opening to get a glimpse into the psyche of someone who is so different as to almost be alien to me. I look at that picture and see a guy who is having fun and probably pretty secure in who he is. He sees the end of the world as we know it.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Pretty rich vein in the replies to that Shepard post.

https://twitter.com/Stevenjonesw/status/1486727515993346062?t=msQ-FIAuqRuLL1x-42O11Q&s=19

Cult of Pies
Oct 2, 2021
knowing tony

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Ratings are trending the highest they've ever been, now is the time to throw in the towel!

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Throw the towel in the toilet, Tony Khan you’re exposed

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Always remember that the former President was dumber than the dumbest person you've ever met by a wide margin

As we all know, the only highlight of Dynamite is "who's gonna show up this week?!?". The wrestling is inconsequential at this point, instead AEW has become an episode of the Love Boat, teasing surprising new celebrity appearances each week.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

A Fancy Hat posted:

As we all know, the only highlight of Dynamite is "who's gonna show up this week?!?". The wrestling is inconsequential at this point, instead AEW has become an episode of the Love Boat, teasing surprising new celebrity appearances each week.

Oh boy I can't wait for Ted McGinley to be All Elite

El Generico
Feb 3, 2009

Birds revere you and consider you one of their own.

You are welcome in their holy places.

Huh. I wonder why the esteem Mr. Shepard chose this particular image to be upset about...

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

El Generico posted:

Huh. I wonder why the esteem Mr. Shepard chose this particular image to be upset about...

Because he's a gay panic using piece of poo poo. I know you know I just wanted to type it out because it made me feel good.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
It's also very obvious that's Danhausen parodying his wife's publicity photos. Her Twitter banner has her in like that exact dress.

Fart Radio
Sep 7, 2010

@Therock hey man check it... You ever kill a man or no? Hit me up. ;)
Brad Shepard is targeting Danhausen for being a Wife Guy

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Gaz-L posted:

It's also very obvious that's Danhausen parodying his wife's publicity photos. Her Twitter banner has her in like that exact dress.

Instead of parodying his wife's work he should love and support her. Gross that AEW would sign this guy.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

This is the most muscular and wrestler like Danhausen has ever looked

SatansOnion
Dec 12, 2011

Fart Radio posted:

Brad Shepard is targeting Danhausen for being a Wife Guy

also for looking more amazing in that outfit than Brad could ever hope to, imnsho

Claytor
Dec 5, 2011
AEW is bad because it has no stories but also too many stories. AEW has no stars but also too many stars. AEW doesn't have good matches but is burning out the crowd by giving away too many good matches.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

Claytor posted:

AEW is bad because it has no stories but also too many stories. AEW has no stars but also too many stars. AEW doesn't have good matches but is burning out the crowd by giving away too many good matches.

in conclusion aew is a land of contrasts

dromal phrenia
Feb 22, 2004

TheKingslayer posted:

I'm trying to figure out what ol' Brad is implying by picking that picture specifically.
my guess is that this picture, crossplay Kidd Bandit, Fishnets del Sol and Sonny Kiss are making him feel a way that he is not comfortable with. He just needs to embrace this new side of himself and enjoy :shobon:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Probably shouldnt have used a picture where danhausen's makeup looks near perfect and is so detailed if you're trying to slam him

that's a nice face paint job