Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

lobotomy molo
May 7, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Tayter Swift posted:

went to target today, in sacramento

mask usage was 100%, they had someone at the door enforcing and masks available at the front

i felt like a time traveller from fall 2020

let me guess: 90% cloth masks, surgicals, and gaiters

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

Rick posted:

4 out of 6 of the people who go into the office still for some reason are out with COVID now.

stuck at home with their families, they must loving hate it.

JAY ZERO SUM GAME
Oct 18, 2005

Walter.
I know you know how to do this.
Get up.

ty

Kreeblah
May 17, 2004

INSERT QUACK TO CONTINUE

Taco Defender

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

we've been treating it like an endemic disease for a loving year or more now with hundreds of thousands of deaths

this is it, this is learning to live with it, we're doing it.

The brunchists get real mad if you say that you agree it should be treated as endemic, which is why we need permanent masking rules, mandatory PTO for mandatory quarantines, no dine-in restaurants, severe limits on event sizes, enforced building ventilation standards, mandatory vaccines, etc.

They don't really want to treat it as endemic. They want to treat it as nonexistent.

tuyop
Sep 15, 2006

Every second that we're not growing BASIL is a second wasted

Fun Shoe

call_of_qthulhu
Nov 21, 2003

Fun Shoe

Kreeblah posted:

The brunchists get real mad if you say that you agree it should be treated as endemic, which is why we need permanent masking rules, mandatory PTO for mandatory quarantines, no dine-in restaurants, severe limits on event sizes, enforced building ventilation standards, mandatory vaccines, etc.

They don't really want to treat it as endemic. They want to treat it as nonexistent.

somewhere along the way the pundits redefined endemic as "inconsequential" instead of "constant"

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

Louisgod posted:

stuck at home with their families, they must loving hate it.

We are in a zoom meeting for a lady retiring and yeah one is complaining about this as we speak. Also she said, "I just need the drat negative test and I'm back in. I don't have COVID . . . I mean last night at the ER they drained my ears and I have vertigo and a cold and no sense of smell and .. and . . .and "

Hedenius
Aug 23, 2007

Nothus posted:

Also positive at-home antigen tests don't show up in any of the official stats. :eng101:

Yeah, but I was seeing a bunch of stuff on Twitter and in US media about how there were only X number of test sent to a specific address and how that was loving over people with more people living there. I don't think I saw anything about how antigen tests are insanely unreliable and don't seem to work at all when it comes to omikron.

xiaoren
Dec 9, 2021

To be alive during the coughing twenties.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

Only registered members can see post attachments!

snake and bake
Feb 23, 2005

:theroni:

The Wisest Moron posted:

Oh sorry, I wasn't trying to make fun of you, I was just making a useless, cynical post. I'm glad you were able to perservere/luck into a better position. Stay healthy!

All good buddy, I just realized after your post that mine probably came off as some meritocracy bootstrapping bullshit. I was just trying to point out that not all computer touchers are wealthy privileged assholes, some of us were poors first drat it

Pillowpants
Aug 5, 2006
Yesterday was the 30th day in a row we have had over 20,000 COVID admissions in the United States.

We broke the previous peak record of 142,000 hospitalized on 1/10 - and it hasnt gone below that since.

https://twitter.com/patricklsimpson/status/1487153945189531655?s=20&t=0UjYmsE10VPsfTLntrBqcA

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

Rick posted:

We are in a zoom meeting for a lady retiring and yeah one is complaining about this as we speak. Also she said, "I just need the drat negative test and I'm back in. I don't have COVID . . . I mean last night at the ER they drained my ears and I have vertigo and a cold and no sense of smell and .. and . . .and "

lol these people are loving mental

kreeningsons
Jan 2, 2007

do you think they’re covid testing the cat due to being in Biden’s presence

sullat
Jan 9, 2012

Atrocious Joe posted:

I feel like there is an opening to be the pundit that says 2000 deaths a day from COVID is fine and good. If you're good enough you can get enough Koch money fund a secure hermit lifestyle away from COVID.

Problem is that merely parroting propaganda is not enough, you need to be willing to abase yourself before the altar, to be willing to roll around in the plague pits with faith that the ruling class will not abandon you if you become too sick.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

kreeningsons posted:

do you think they’re covid testing the cat due to being in Biden’s presence

biden touches anything under the age of 10 so they're definitely testing it

Virgil Vox
Dec 8, 2009

tuyop posted:

Yeah check out Can't Get You Out Of My Head if you want to understand some of the history and geopolitics that is informing Chinese policy at this point.

?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c18441Eh_WE

kreeningsons
Jan 2, 2007

NeonPunk posted:

With how Covid can permanently remove your sense of taste and now it can give you a really good cardio workout just from standing up, I'm sure that Covid will help with the obesity pandemic!

https://mobile.twitter.com/ashwinrajenesh/status/1487094469040041986

every morning I wake up and open palm slam pure concentrated hatred for the ruling class deep into my psyche for causing this immense amount of suffering

Lacrosse
Jun 16, 2010

>:V

Rick posted:

4 out of 6 of the people who go into the office still for some reason are out with COVID now.

Meanwhile I'm in the office healthy as a horse because I wear a good mask and the WFH people are all sick with covid because they're so busy succ n fuccing when they clock out for the day

MLK Ultra
Mar 9, 2021

Oglethorpe posted:

from MSA's product literature:

cops if you're quick

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable
Oh apparently when I was out on vacation we got national guard crash course cna's. America is healing open biden!

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug

Fly Molo posted:

let me guess: 90% cloth masks, surgicals, and gaiters

diving bell, every single one

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

MLK Ultra posted:

cops if you're quick

With that outfit you don't have to be quick, just surround yourself with toxic fumes.

tuyop
Sep 15, 2006

Every second that we're not growing BASIL is a second wasted

Fun Shoe

https://archive.org/details/adamcurtis2021

Spime Wrangler
Feb 23, 2003

Because we can.

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

NextStrain still had a big teal-coloured slice of delta still showing as of 2 weeks ago:

https://nextstrain.org/ncov/gisaid/global

That orange stripe above omicron is BA.2

for us-only data, there was significant delta (>25%) around just a month ago

Virgil Vox
Dec 8, 2009

Louisgod posted:

Deltacron 3030

Bruce Hussein Daddy
Dec 26, 2005

I testify that there is none worthy of worship except God and I testify that Muhammad is the Messenger of God

lol

Burn Zone
May 22, 2004

Thoguh posted:

I wonder if these are all Delta and then Omicron infections or if Omicron is already reinfecting people.

mentioned this recently itt but my 4 year old niece had delta in November and Omicron now

Virgil Vox
Dec 8, 2009

MLK Ultra posted:

covid if you're quick

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

Lacrosse posted:

Meanwhile I'm in the office healthy as a horse because I wear a good mask and the WFH people are all sick with covid because they're so busy succ n fuccing when they clock out for the day

This is actually another reason I'm still being careful because I know if I get it they'll make me go back.

DrPlump
Oct 5, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I gotta say I have been reading this thread since the very beginning but not participate much due to the violent race based bullying I have received based on it. But I have to STRONGLY disagree with your strategy of this covid thing. I have been 100% honest about my experiences with this virus and have only been sexually bullied and silenced as a result. Sorry dont want to "offend" anyone here but y'all are 100% certifiably wrong pussies.

lobotomy molo
May 7, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

kreeningsons posted:

every morning I wake up and open palm slam pure concentrated hatred for the ruling class deep into my psyche for causing this immense amount of suffering

lobotomy molo
May 7, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Tayter Swift posted:

diving bell, every single one

is that a sex thing??

DrPlump
Oct 5, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Covid is over enjoy your life but I guess you already have been working from home playing bideo james.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

https://twitter.com/bnodesk/status/1487157099733860352?s=21

Bearjew
Apr 18, 2017

but, it's over?

Virgil Vox
Dec 8, 2009

I was making a joke but I haven't seen that one, will watch, thank you

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

it's ok, the extremely preliminary data that is definitely accurate says it doesn't hospitalize more people

https://twitter.com/BNODesk/status/1487157544594333697?s=20&t=3mi6if0FKC0HMy9XX90iiA

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

over

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DrPlump
Oct 5, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Louisgod posted:

it's ok, the extremely preliminary data that is definitely accurate says it doesn't hospitalize more people

https://twitter.com/BNODesk/status/1487157544594333697?s=20&t=3mi6if0FKC0HMy9XX90iiA

WRONG! Wear a mask ment to prevent acid vapors from entering lungs for the rest of your life.