Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bacon Taco
Jun 8, 2006

Now with extra narwhal meat!
HAIKOOLIGAN
Dinosaur Gum

Sagebrush posted:

I was not earnestly suggesting that the explanation for that video is some hustler who drives around with an industrial robot arm in his white van and sets it up in your backyard for two hundred bucks and a bag of weed

Why can't we live in that timeline?

e: a shameful snipe

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Gummy Bear Heaven ... It's where I go when the world is too mean.

Sentinel posted:

When your cell battery hits 3%.

I'm glad/sad it cuts off before they manage to plug that cable in.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

haveblue posted:

Pittsburgh has lost at Infrastructure Jenga
OSHA IV: Pittsburgh has lost at Infrastructure Jenga

ILL Machina
Mar 25, 2004

:italy: Glory to Italia! :italy:

Ayy!! This text is-a the color of marinara! Ohhhh!! Dat's amore!!

Wistful of Dollars posted:

Infrastructure weak

Biden was supposed to talk in pitt hours later about infrastructure, in fact. Not sure if that still happened.

Deadly Ham Sandwich
Aug 19, 2009
Smellrose
It wasn't Biden's bus that fell with the bridge, so he will probably still do his talk.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
if biden is smart he will capitalize on the bridge failing as a key point in pushing his infrastructure agenda

lol

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius

Captain Invictus posted:

if biden is smart he will capitalize on the bridge failing as a key point in pushing his infrastructure agenda

lol

Nah, he'll blunder it all up by going to the ice cream store next to the fallen bridge and Fox News will have a field day.

Harry_Potato
May 21, 2021

Cojawfee posted:

Nah, he'll blunder it all up by going to the ice cream store next to the fallen bridge and Fox News will have a field day.

Apparently Biden is smarter than Fox News gives him credit for, based off of the photo op shots below. They will complain he's using the bridge collapse to push his infrastructure agenda. OANN will call out the bridge as a Crisis Actor. Turmp will claim it's a false flag and ANTIFA blew it up to avert attention from the border.

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

Harry_Potato posted:

Apparently Biden is smarter than Fox News gives him credit for, based off of the photo op shots below. They will complain he's using the bridge collapse to push his infrastructure agenda. OANN will call out the bridge as a Crisis Actor. Turmp will claim it's a false flag and ANTIFA blew it up to avert attention from the border.

Frick Park Bridge Fricked

B33rChiller
Aug 18, 2011

I can't believe yer so scared of our brave freedumb patriots, that you 'Mericans would blow up your own bridge to keep out our 200 thousand strong truck convoy!
Hashtag FluTruxKlan

Mr. Fall Down Terror
Jan 24, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
the lieutenant governor of pennsylvania doesn't give a gently caress about a little cold weather ya jabroni

gonna see if he can't lift that fuckin bridge back into place hisself and if not, was gonna go to the gym today anyway

https://twitter.com/PopulismUpdates/status/1487149491643838464

Lor
Oct 9, 2006

ILL Machina posted:

Reposting since the conversation's still going in case some folks missed it. It doesn't redeem the movies, really, but it does make them make sense. It's a quality watch and I can see why it got the Hugo nom. Even goes into how the movie radically affected New Zealand labor laws.

This is part one: (last time, I promise)
https://youtu.be/uTRUQ-RKfUs

Thanks for posting this, that was a journey. I haven't watched the Hobbit trilogy beyond the first like 40 minutes of the first film because it really just started going downhill so quickly, but that video series is great.

B-Rock452
Jan 6, 2005
:justflu:

Mr. Fall Down Terror posted:

the lieutenant governor of pennsylvania doesn't give a gently caress about a little cold weather ya jabroni

gonna see if he can't lift that fuckin bridge back into place hisself and if not, was gonna go to the gym today anyway

He keeps hanging LGBTQ and weed flags off his office balcony at the state capital and then makes fun of the GOP reps who call the state police about it to complain but are too afraid to actually go tell him to take them down

Dirt Road Junglist
Oct 8, 2010

We will be cruel
And through our cruelty
They will know who we are
Shorts and a hoodie in the snow, no fucks given.

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

B-Rock452 posted:

He keeps hanging LGBTQ and weed flags off his office balcony at the state capital and then makes fun of the GOP reps who call the state police about it to complain but are too afraid to actually go tell him to take them down

Awesome

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

Mr. Fall Down Terror posted:

https://twitter.com/GamedayMilk/status/1487157651792400388?t=TjqP1R2p9VfYJ2-Fly2rbw&s=19

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Dirt Road Junglist posted:

Shorts and a hoodie in the snow, shaking the President's hand no fucks given.

Fetterman is the hero we need, but don't deserve.

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

https://i.imgur.com/cgB0rT9.mp4

buttcrackmenace
Nov 14, 2007

see its right there in the manual where it says
Grimey Drawer

can't park there, mate

DreadUnknown
Nov 4, 2020

Bird is the word.
That looks like B-roll for a Russian army recruitment video.

emf
Aug 1, 2002

OSHA IV: ticket #307260 closed: issue resolved - bridge destroyed

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer

kinda like a B-movie when you see a Bad Guy driving a lovely old you car know it's at least driving off of one of those little quarter ramps and flipping over if not exploding in an enormous fireball

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
ASK ME ABOUT HOW HUMAN LIVES THAT MADE VIDEO GAME CONTROLLERS ARE WORTH MORE
Lipstick Apathy
I typed "repair FRP" into YouTube and this was the very first hit:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2UMKbOQn3k4

Sandals, no PPE to speak of, straight huffing a visible plume of microscopic glass shards into the lungs with a psychedelic 70's jam band going.

I looked it up, and OSHA says fiberglass dust is much less bad as asbestos:

https://www.safetymanualosha.com/is-fiberglass-a-health-hazard/

quote:

Because fiberglass breaks across the fiber to form tiny fragments, the tissue response is very different when these particles are inhaled. When fiberglass fragments are inhaled and deposited in the small air sacs of the lung, the alveoli do not close up and trap the particles. The particles are expelled from the alveoli and there is a rapid clearance of fiberglass dust particles from the lungs.

Carry on then!

HenryJLittlefinger
Jan 31, 2010

stomp clap

lmao

SyNack Sassimov
May 4, 2006

Let the robot win.
            --Captain James T. Vader

Exeunt, not pursued by a bear

evil_bunnY
Apr 2, 2003

Sagebrush posted:

Well yes, hence why I said that it could also be some fly-by-night carny with a quarter-million dollar robot arm and he just cranked the motion overrides past what is safe for humans.

I don't think that's likely though, and while the arm certainly can move that fast, that video is just sped up to make it look scarier.
There's no such thing as a "safe for human payload" setting you've got to override is my point. A smaller arm will overload its joints before you hurt anyone (assuming you don't yeet them at the ground). A larger arm won't really move fast enough (max G is quite low because they're so heavy). It'll still be exciting.

thepopmonster
Feb 18, 2014

I need to see which season of Canada's Worst Driver that's from

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

ERM.... I'm actually NOT bothered by this avatar

evil_bunnY posted:

There's no such thing as a "safe for human payload" setting you've got to override is my point. A smaller arm will overload its joints before you hurt anyone (assuming you don't yeet them at the ground). A larger arm won't really move fast enough (max G is quite low because they're so heavy). It'll still be exciting.

I didn't say they were overriding any specific "safe for humans" setting either. I said, in my joke, that you could give the carny some money to crank the overrides to 200%, by which I mean the feature that exists on essentially every industrial CNC machine or robot, where the machine is programmed to move at a certain speed but you can dial that up or down by some factor as you're adjusting its performance, slowing it down or speeding it up as required. For instance, the machine is programmed to swing people around at 4 feet per second, but you slip the carny a twenty and he turns it to 200% and now it is moving at 8 feet per second.

Yeesh

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

emf posted:

:hmmyes:

Rad-daddio
Apr 25, 2017

emf posted:

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
flatten and reinstall

GWBBQ
Jan 2, 2005

emf posted:

Zakrello
Feb 17, 2015

missile imbound

emf posted:

sick burn lmao

HolHorsejob
Mar 14, 2020

Portrait of Cheems II of Spain by Jabona Neftman, olo pint on fird

emf posted:

Artemis J Brassnuts
Jan 2, 2009
I regret😢 to inform📢 I am the most sexually🍆 vanilla 🍦straight 📏 dude😰 on the planet🌎
As much as I love having my gag as the current thread title, that one IS much better.

Somaen
Nov 19, 2007

by vyelkin
https://mobile.twitter.com/taxfreelt/status/1487342461253042177

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Someone ease my mind and tell me they have rope, we just can't see it.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Sagebrush posted:

It's sped up. Robot arm rides like that move quickly, but not that quickly.

OK but you're not considering that the operator of this particular robot arm might be a dude with a can do attitude, an inflated sense of self-worth and not enough good sense to fill a thimble.

"Safety features? Speed limits? gently caress that, I assume it'll be fine and that's more powerful than all the math in the universe!"

Remember: normal ziplines don't rocket their passengers into a hill at 100 mph but with dudes anything is possible!

quote:

proposal: i am going to make a fun zipline for kids at camp

reality: a goon spent tens of thousands of dollars constructing a machine that kills children, entirely by accident

Shaman Tank Spec fucked around with this message at 11:37 on Jan 29, 2022

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa

sigher posted:

Someone ease my mind and tell me they have rope, we just can't see it.

There's a knee-high wire, that prevents anyone from tripping

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Don't worry, bears are only in the zoo or the circus, not inside a factory. That's just a silly man who needs a shave and is wearing a fur coat.