Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
E

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Apple2o posted:

https://www.justice.gov/opa/pr/justice-department-announces-largest-health-care-fraud-settlement-its-history

Hey they are only responsible for the biggest medical fraud in history. But but, trust them this time!

Line up for your clot shot, sheep.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

(USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST)

:lol:

Oracle
Oct 9, 2004

I bet that was an incredibly satisfying probe. Just amazed it took this long with that rap sheet holy wow.

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Apple2o posted:

https://www.justice.gov/opa/pr/justice-department-announces-largest-health-care-fraud-settlement-its-history

Hey they are only responsible for the biggest medical fraud in history. But but, trust them this time!

lmfao fuckin' hell, this guy convinced me, I love covid now

Fuschia tude
Dec 26, 2004

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2019

Did you hit probate, probate, ban, and reply, all in a row?

Scarodactyl
Oct 22, 2015

CaptainSarcastic posted:

I'm frankly surprised to learn Emo Philips is still alive.
He's opening for Weird Al later this year!

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

Fuschia tude posted:

Did you hit probate, probate, ban, and reply, all in a row?

I posted the mod forum post where I said "I'm going to destroy this guy" in this thread instead of the mod forum on accident. :ssh:

Xenocides
Jan 14, 2008

This world looks very scary....

Scarodactyl posted:

He's opening for Weird Al later this year!

Well, that gives me a reason to pause work on my Rube Goldbergesque suicide machine. Thanks Covid thread!

mom and dad fight a lot
Sep 21, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 22 days!

Apple2o posted:

Last page sure ended with a bang.

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

This is probably going to be my take pretty soon tbqh, go have a little fun before the next variant and subsequent 3-6 months of being extra cautious. I live a quiet life as a parent, I would like to see some of my friends in person and feel normal for a little while

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

I respect your choice, but I will continue my pre-covid policy of not enjoying wastewater.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

I'm just sitting here waiting for the Canadian trucker convoy to completely implode their cause. They have a lot of completely batshit people joining them, like the Capitol storming levels of insanity and stupidity. Seems like the more moderate conspiracy theorists are begging the loudest wackos to shut up already because they're making everyone look bad :laffo:

Like, if your cause is attracting those kind of people, maybe do a little more critical thinking there, bud.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Der Kyhe posted:

Yeah, we cannot break the 85% of people eligible for vaccination getting one because of the stupidity here. It really gives you a whole another view into the country; the "stupid people" are not "some thousands in their social media echo chambers", we are talking about hundreds of thousands of people and they are everywhere.

That'd be tens of millions. If you include kids who are too young to get vaxxed there's at least 80 million unvaxxed people in the US. Also a significant percentage of "first vaccinations" have been miscounted so the actual number of people who have received a jab in the US is unknown.

quote:

Kaiser Health News this month reported that the tracker showed 99.9% of people ages 65 and older had at least their first shot – a number that experts said couldn’t be correct.

The CDC responded by quietly instituting a cap across the demographic groups they measure that, on paper, prevents any group from exceeding a vaccination rate of 95%. Its tracker now shows that 95% of those 65 and older are at least partially vaccinated instead of 99.9%.

A new footnote explains that the cap “helps address potential overestimates of vaccination coverage due to first, second, and booster doses that were not linked.” It also notes that inaccuracies could arise from part-time residents getting the shots and potential data reporting errors. The agency did not respond to a comment request.
https://www.usnews.com/news/health-news/articles/2021-12-21/uneven-reporting-raises-doubts-about-cdc-vaccination-numbers

Oracle
Oct 9, 2004

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

That'd be tens of millions. If you include kids who are too young to get vaxxed there's at least 80 million unvaxxed people in the US. Also a significant percentage of "first vaccinations" have been miscounted so the actual number of people who have received a jab in the US is unknown.

https://www.usnews.com/news/health-news/articles/2021-12-21/uneven-reporting-raises-doubts-about-cdc-vaccination-numbers

I’m betting a lot of those over counted shots were vaccine tourism, especially from Asia. My in laws told me that rich Thais were flying over and playing tourist last late spring and summer when cases were low here and exploding there but mRNA vaccines weren’t available there. They’d even bring the kids because hey the Americans are just throwing them out and they don’t even ask for ID.

HonorableTB
Dec 22, 2006

Bape Culture posted:

Candace Owens is so loving thick she got owned by notorious thick oval office Joe rogan lmao. How anyone falls for the obvious grift in tyool 2022 is incredible

Why can't people say oval office in gbs, but people are allowed to say retard without issue?

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

HonorableTB posted:

Why can't people say oval office in gbs, but people are allowed to say retard without issue?

Nah, you can catch probes for the r-word, too.

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug
i got probed for making fun of japan censoring their genitalia so its kinda rando

Betty Wight
Jan 1, 2022

Aardvark! posted:

I posted the mod forum post where I said "I'm going to destroy this guy" in this thread instead of the mod forum on accident. :ssh:

Nice

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde

I like dimetrodons. They're closer relatives to us than dinosaurs.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Oracle posted:

I’m betting a lot of those over counted shots were vaccine tourism, especially from Asia. My in laws told me that rich Thais were flying over and playing tourist last late spring and summer when cases were low here and exploding there but mRNA vaccines weren’t available there. They’d even bring the kids because hey the Americans are just throwing them out and they don’t even ask for ID.

Also some people, including some goons in here I believe, are lying about how many shots they've gotten so they can get extra ones.

sootikins
May 24, 2008

Did I ever. Remember it as if it were yesterday. Soon as I woke, I went to empty my bowels - my favorite part of the day. Defecatin' to the sunrise - downright glorious.

mom and dad fight a lot posted:

I remember someone on this forum said that Earl Grey tea tasted like soap, and I very much wanted to know where he was buying his tea from.

COVID-19: I wish I could taste the soap

Lady Grey tea is flavored with violets, it def tastes like soap and is nasty

my wife and I will be taking cursed lollipop tests later today, she had a direct exposure on Tuesday and we both feel not-so-great but can't tell if it's anxiety or the real deal

Verdugo
Jan 5, 2009

Lipstick Apathy

MarcusSA posted:

I don’t even want to know how you came across this.

He popped up on that goon Covid 19 Simulator game spewing his bs.

Ham Cheeks
Nov 18, 2012

Feeling hammy
my 94 year old grandma with congestive heart failure, a recently broken hip, lifetime of smoking, a stroke history is now sick in a care home with an active covid outbreak

Wilkins Micawber
Jan 27, 2005

as we leave this existence
looking for another
Fallen Rib
Partner bemoaning the lack of all-you-can-eat IHOP pancakes in our lives, and today is the last day. I have been so good and careful and safe this whole pandemic. I am boosted but only 1x. Is this a bad idea or a terrible idea? Dying for bad pancakes...:ohdear:

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Wilkins Micawber posted:

I have been so good and careful and safe this whole pandemic

The virus doesn't care how good you've been up until now :ssh:

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

The virus doesn't care how good you've been up until now :ssh:

Everyone trying to negotiate with it meanwhile.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Ntksk9SpPs

Wilkins Micawber
Jan 27, 2005

looking for another
Fallen Rib
I know, im just bemoaning my fate if/when I die or lose a vital function over OK pancakes. Maybe it's better than Spider-man

Wilkins Micawber
Jan 27, 2005

looking for another
Fallen Rib
It looks like I am going...tell my family...I loved pancakes

Anne Whateley
Feb 11, 2007
:unsmith: i like nice words
You can get a jumbo box of Bisquick for like $6

Malah
May 18, 2015

Apple2o posted:

Thank you for your service :mods:

Woodsy Owl
Oct 27, 2004
So I want another booster. How do I get it?

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Woodsy Owl posted:

So I want another booster. How do I get it?

If you're in the US just rock up to a pharmacy and go "Hello I'm here for my first shot, my name is [fake name] and my date of birth is [a date you'll remember on case you need to repeat it] and I do not have my ID or insurance details with me."

There's a chance it might not work depending on how much of a stickler/gatekeeper the pharmacy assistant is but in that case just walk down the street to a different pharmacy and try it again.

mom and dad fight a lot
Sep 21, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 22 days!
lmao no wonder we can't keep track of how much of the population is immunized

Hippie Hedgehog
Feb 19, 2007

Ever cuddled a hedgehog?

If you're in the US just rock up to a pharmacy and go "Hello I'm here for my first shot, my name is [fake name] and my date of birth is [a date you'll remember on case you need to repeat it] and I do not have my ID or insurance details with me."

There's a chance it might not work depending on how much of a stickler/gatekeeper the pharmacy assistant is but in that case just walk down the street to a different pharmacy and try it again.

Note: You'll get a full-dose shot this way. At least Pfizer and Moderna use a reduced dose for the boosters, I believe in order to have less side effects. So by getting a third or fourth full dose, you risk more of chills, fever, soreness or whatever you might get the next day.

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug

mom and dad fight a lot posted:

lmao no wonder we can't keep track of how much of the population is immunized

Yeah, everyone sane wanted this all tracked and an actual card when it all kicked off, but guess what. muh freedumb no tracking facebookwanna be get AWAY from ma guns i hate black people*dies of covid*

Wilkins Micawber
Jan 27, 2005

looking for another
Fallen Rib
I'm here at the ihop and even with some Klonopin, this is a lot. Ok don't freak out girl, you got this. Just keep the mask on as much as possible. Look, they have all these syrups. Breathe.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Kirk Vikernes
Apr 26, 2004

Count Goatnackh

Wilkins Micawber posted:

I'm here at the ihop and even with some Klonopin, this is a lot. Ok don't freak out girl, you got this. Just keep the mask on as much as possible. Look, they have all these syrups. Breathe.

I've been teaching in-person since 7/30/20 where masks are mandated, but not necessarily enforced, eaten in restaurants here and there, went on a 13-day road trip last summer, been to a few 20k-person concerts, and lived like a normal person aside from triple-vax and wearing a mask when in public and have yet to get covid. Enjoy your pancakes.

Kirk Vikernes fucked around with this message at 21:00 on Jan 29, 2022

mrfart
May 26, 2004

Dear diary, today I
became a captain.

Ham Cheeks posted:

my 94 year old grandma with congestive heart failure, a recently broken hip, lifetime of smoking, a stroke history is now sick in a care home with an active covid outbreak

:( that sounds awful, I wish you all the best. And maybe she’ll get lucky and doesn’t get it or have a mild case . My friend who’s a kidney donor patient with genetic heart disease seems to be going reasonably well through his omicron. He did receive antibodies at the hospital, and the staff already knew months in advance what to do if he caught it.

According to worldometers we have almost a million active cases here in Belgium. On a population of 11 million.
And virologists say it must be a lot higher because we don’t test people without symptoms anymore.
At what point will this thing burn itself out due to lack of hosts? I feel I’m the only one in my group of friends still holding to working from home but I’m close to losing my loving mind.

Pookah
Aug 21, 2008

🪶Caw🪶

poo poo got super relaxed here in Ireland in the last few days since a massive omicron wave translated into very few hospital cases.
Masks are still required in shops, but far more people are going maskless instore now.

Going by my observations of the last three days, the demographics going maskless in shops are 10% women, all ages. 10% elderly men. 80% short, belligerent-looking men in their 20-30s.

Seriously, it's mostly peppery-looking short guys.
Short Irish guys need to chill..

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anne Whateley
Feb 11, 2007
:unsmith: i like nice words

Philthy posted:

Yeah, everyone sane wanted this all tracked and an actual card when it all kicked off, but guess what. muh freedumb no tracking facebookwanna be get AWAY from ma guns i hate black people*dies of covid*
That's not why. It's because the more requirements and tracking, the less uptake among undocumented people. Which would be bad.