Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

slave to my cravings
Mar 1, 2007

Got my mind on doritos and doritos on my mind.
Xbox stays winning

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
They call it the “X”Box because having opinions about it gets you Xcommunicated from discord servers

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer

veni veni veni posted:

I have never gotten more than 5 hours out of a dualsense and that's a pretty generous estimate . And it looks like a lot of people online get about the same. Maybe you guys both won the dualsense lottery I dunno

Yeah I’d estimate mine at closer to 4 hours though I haven’t timed it. Might have to do with how much the game makes use of the motors and trigger resistance?

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

We have two here to swap between and they only get about 4/5 hours each. They’re from a launch PS5

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Why so series s?

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Escobarbarian posted:

I think you need to actually time it because I literally don’t believe you at all lmao

I can time it while I'm watching netflix cause PS5 has no games. It's still gonna die in less than 5 hours tho.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Ok I edited my post but there’s been too many replies since so here’s the first result when I google for “dualsense battery life”, a TechRadar article from November 2021:

quote:

What I discovered during my second round of testing is that, while yes, some games do drain the DualSense quicker than others, it's Sony's low battery life prompt that is making things seem worse than they are.

I've found that the low battery life indicator will appear around the six-hour mark, but you comfortably get to nine to 10 hours of playtime before the controller dies. In my book, that's an incredibly early warning from Sony, especially as Microsoft's controller tends to warn you when you have around 15 minutes of juice left.

https://www.techradar.com/uk/news/has-the-ps5-dualsense-controllers-battery-life-gotten-worse-since-launch

Escobarbarian fucked around with this message at 23:31 on Jan 28, 2022

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.
Yeah mine doesn't run out but I feel like I get the warning all the time. Tbh whenever the warning comes up I look at the time and think Christ do something else for a while so maybe that's good.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Escobarbarian posted:

google for “dualsense battery life”, a TechRadar article from November 2001

He probably just got his numbers all mixed up because he was still so distraught over the recent attacks on the world trade center.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
lmao

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

veni veni veni posted:

He probably just got his numbers all mixed up because he was still so distraught over the recent attacks on the world trade center.

Seeing just One bar in my battery indicator brings me back to that sickening feeling i felt at 10:28am on that september morn

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

The backup controller is dead. I repeat the second controller just went down!

The Pirate Captain
Jun 6, 2006

Avast ye lubbers, lest ye be scuppered!

veni veni veni posted:

The backup controller is dead. I repeat the second controller just went down!

LoL.

Let’s all just time our controllers this weekend and report back. I’m going to be using it on PC, it’ll be interesting to see if PC vs PS5 get different numbers.

Crafty
Dec 9, 2003

I CAN'T SEE SHIT.

xbox one is the best
The battery is so lovely that I bought an extension lead and would play with my PS4 controller plugged in to a socket at all times for that 90’s gamer vibe

Eneloops are the way to go, but now my elite series 2tm has a built in battery. Thankfully it seems strong

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

veni veni veni posted:

lol

Twerk from Home
Jan 17, 2009

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.
Microsoft are almost certainly planning to introduce a streaming only Xbox that's like $70 with a controller or some poo poo, that's clearly what the Xcloud beta is ramping up to.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.

Twerk from Home posted:

Microsoft are almost certainly planning to introduce a streaming only Xbox that's like $70 with a controller or some poo poo, that's clearly what the Xcloud beta is ramping up to.

How many people in the world will actually be able to play and enjoy streaming games in let's say 2025? Most governments seem to stop developing residential infrastructure the moment Netflix works.

Fly Ricky
May 7, 2009

The Wine Taster

Now this right here is why I come to the Xbox thread. Pedantic arguments with citations about how lovely the PS5 controller is.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
*googles dualsense battery life and sees literally 280 million results*

Uhh actually as you can see by this link I found, it's not really an issue at all.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Battery life aside the ps5 controller is the best controller.

I hated nearly every PS controller before it but they knocked it out of the park with the new one.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Twerk from Home posted:

The problem with this is how much crossover is there between people who are only willing to pay $70 dollars for an Xbox and people who have absolutely baller internet connections with no data cap.

I think the reason streaming keeps failing is that the people who will be able to make the best use of it are the people who need it the least, because the type of person with a connection like that is going to have plenty of hardware to just play games natively on.

Lammasu
May 8, 2019

lawful Good Monster
I just finished the Halo Infinite campaign. The final boss is a lot easier when I realized cindershots were just lying around.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
xCloud runs in a browser. There's no reason for them to make an Xbox branded streaming box when they can instead just make a Game Pass app for your smart TV or your Chromecast or whatever.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

That too.

CV 64 Fan
Oct 13, 2012

It's pretty dope.
Why can't some some BC titles take pictures?

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Im hoping the activision acquisition lets them release a few more OG Xbox games and 360 and old PC titles. It probably won't, and activisions library in that period was like 90% licensed games, but still Id like to have Gun again.

Disposable Scud posted:

Why can't some some BC titles take pictures?

Hypervisor doesn't like that, I'd guess.

CV 64 Fan
Oct 13, 2012

It's pretty dope.
Gun is available on the 360 marketplace but it never goes on sale. I like the game but it's only 4 hours and 20 bucks is a bit rich.

I am displeased to see Sands of Time is no longer available to purchase. I am guessing Ubisoft did that when that horrible looking remake was announced...

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Huh so it is.

Well were never getting x-men legends so I guess fire up the bad crash and spyro games and give me Dark Reign 2

Fanatic
Mar 9, 2006

:eyepop:

Laserface posted:

Forza is fun but the seasonal events constantly changing and moving makes it feel like I will never ever finish anything playing it once a week.

it is frankly impressive how many activities this game shits at you. I have only had to buy a handful of cars I want, everything else is just thrown at you non stop.

They could completely remove the customisation/mod/tuning aspect too because Im never getting enough time in a car to bother. by the time that car feels like it might not be competitive you have a new one or a new category of event to go and do.

Late reply but I recommend tuning your cars using player made ones. It requires no effort on your part while also improving your cars considerably while optimising them to your desired power class (A, S1, S2, etc.). I do it for any car I take out of the garage.

Live At Five!
Feb 15, 2008

Fanatic posted:

Late reply but I recommend tuning your cars using player made ones. It requires no effort on your part while also improving your cars considerably while optimising them to your desired power class (A, S1, S2, etc.). I do it for any car I take out of the garage.

My favorite car in forza is a reliant supervan fully maxed out, its completely undrivable but still has insane straight line speed but if you try to turn you will flip over.

Fanatic
Mar 9, 2006

:eyepop:

Live At Five! posted:

My favorite car in forza is a reliant supervan fully maxed out, its completely undrivable but still has insane straight line speed but if you try to turn you will flip over.

Yeah it makes a pretty good dragster :D

FH3 had a fun achievement where you had to do a 300ft jump off one of the Danger Signs in the supervan.

Ruffian Price
Sep 17, 2016

FH6 will be the same game for the fourth time and I will be there to go "wow you can put a V12 into a moving van and they actually expected people to do this??? GOTY" again

Lube Enthusiast
May 26, 2016

Real hurthling! posted:

Why so series s?

teehee

Sleng Teng
May 3, 2009

I’ve been playing it for all of 3 days but I’m already thinking very hard about getting a drum controller for taiko lol. Is there a way to get the switch hori taiko controller to work with series x? Should I just wait and see if an Xbox one gets made?

WattsvilleBlues
Jan 25, 2005

Every demon wants his pound of flesh

Thunder Bear posted:

Got my Series S. :) After spending most of yesterday playing Halo multiplayer and adding more than a handful of Pass games to "play later", this honestly feels like a big win. I also did the Xbox Live Gold trick as suggested and the fact that I'm paying $5/month for this poo poo is almost pushing it into "too good to be true" territory.

Thanks again for everyone's help.

It's almost a meme now but Game Pass is seriously loving ridiculous value, and will become even moreso in future. My youngest niece got a Series S for Christmas. She lives with my parents and being able to play so many quality games for a flat rate instead of one or two at £70 a pop is just crazy good.

Skrill.exe
Oct 3, 2007

"Bitcoin is a new financial concept entirely without precedent."

Disposable Scud posted:

Gun is available on the 360 marketplace but it never goes on sale. I like the game but it's only 4 hours and 20 bucks is a bit rich.

I am displeased to see Sands of Time is no longer available to purchase. I am guessing Ubisoft did that when that horrible looking remake was announced...

Yeah I ended up buying all 3 PoP games on GoG for $1.99 a piece. Not sure what happened to Ubisoft's garbage-looking remake. I thought it was supposed to be out last year and then they delayed it and it fell off the face of the earth.

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

Skrill.exe posted:

Not sure what happened to Ubisoft's garbage-looking remake. I thought it was supposed to be out last year and then they delayed it and it fell off the face of the earth.
It was announced in late September 2020 with a planned January 2021 release date, then delayed a few months later to March 2021, before being delayed again in February 2021 to an unspecified date.

No reasons given, but given all the COVID chaos in India where it was being developed, combined with the dramas surrounding Ubisoft in general, you can probably make some educated guesses as to what the hold-up is.

Toaster Beef
Jan 23, 2007

that's not nature's way
Nobody Saves the World wrapped up okay. Not an awful way to spend twenty hours.

joylessdivision
Jun 15, 2013

Live At Five! posted:

I spent a good hour one day with some hideously big truck that I upgraded to like A or S and just launched it off sand dunes.

Forza Horizon is all about "I wonder what happens if I speed down this road and then wrench the wheel into off road territory" in cars that should not be going off road.

Also launching expensive cars off cliffs into the ocean or other bodies of water. :black101:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

slave to my cravings
Mar 1, 2007

Got my mind on doritos and doritos on my mind.
I upgraded that tiny peel car to go like 200mph and it’s very fun just to turn and do an immediate barrel roll