Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tulalip Tulips
Sep 1, 2013

The best apologies are crafted with love.
I guess my only question is which changes their name when Washington DC becomes a state are we gonna go directional and call Washingon "West Washington" and DC "East Washington" or are we going to make the governors cage fight for naming rights.

Sure you could also do the reasonable thing and call it the District of Columbia but I'd be more interested in the cage fight.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Tulalip Tulips posted:

I guess my only question is which changes their name when Washington DC becomes a state are we gonna go directional and call Washingon "West Washington" and DC "East Washington" or are we going to make the governors cage fight for naming rights.

Sure you could also do the reasonable thing and call it the District of Columbia but I'd be more interested in the cage fight.

I assume it'd still be called Washington DC. The Washington state on the west coast sure as gently caress ain't changing it's name.

Tulalip Tulips
Sep 1, 2013

The best apologies are crafted with love.
Actually, make all directional states cage fight each other to become the real "Dakota", "Carolina" and "Virginia".

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Tulalip Tulips posted:

Actually, make all directional states cage fight each other to become the real "Dakota", "Carolina" and "Virginia".

There can be only one Michigan, they have to sort that out and the loser gets annexed by a neighboring state.

Braksgirl
Dec 25, 2010

Unofficial Goon Disney travel agent since 2014!

Tens of Goons served!

If we're talking mandatory school classes, I think every high schooler should be made to take a basic skills cooking class, and then some kind of catch-all "adulting" class where they learn how to load a dishwasher, run a vacuum, wash/dry/fold a load of clothes, how to do a household budget, how to make a phone call, etc.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

Braksgirl posted:

If we're talking mandatory school classes, I think every high schooler should be made to take a basic skills cooking class, and then some kind of catch-all "adulting" class where they learn how to load a dishwasher, run a vacuum, wash/dry/fold a load of clothes, how to do a household budget, how to make a phone call, etc.

That was home economics & I took that in middle school. Since I was a gigantic nerd that worked to excel under the strict eyes of my Asian parents, I aced the classes.

Because of it I can mend my own clothes & post pics of food that I make that isn't chicken wings during NFL GDT's.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

A mandatory class that teaches kids how to use guns safely and properly. This is to prepare for the revolution to overthrow the 49ers and their decadence

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

3 DONG HORSE posted:

A mandatory class that teaches kids how to use guns safely and properly. This is to prepare for the revolution to overthrow the 49ers and their decadence

My dad had a PE course that was rifle shooting in high school, I assume part of that was basic safety

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
just did a run with the aspect of hestia rail (first shot after reload 150 base damage) and the shattered shackle (increases damage by 50% if you don't have any boons on your attack/special/cast respectively at the level I had it, haven't fully levelled it yet), got the Ares boon that boosts your damage by 200% after killing an enemy (had to level it up to there) and the Ares boon that increases your base damage on attack/special/cast

was doing 750+ damage per shot on Hades thanks to having plenty of those skull things to kill, close to 400 each shot if I hadn't just killed one :magical:

e: I had the hammers that turn your special into a rocket and let you fire it three times in a row without waiting and even then there was no point in using it because the regular rear end shot was so powerful (though slow since you have to reload after each one to get the bonus so it was useful in the rooms but for the boss fight, nah)

e2: poo poo I had the opportunity to take the hammer that gives you +10% to attack and makes it seek the nearest enemy, should have done that

Intruder fucked around with this message at 03:50 on Jan 29, 2022

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
https://twitter.com/BNODesk/status/1487241972410683397

whoops!!

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

womp womp

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Intruder posted:

just did a run with the aspect of hestia rail (first shot after reload 150 base damage) and the shattered shackle (increases damage by 50% if you don't have any boons on your attack/special/cast respectively at the level I had it, haven't fully levelled it yet), got the Ares boon that boosts your damage by 200% after killing an enemy (had to level it up to there) and the Ares boon that increases your base damage on attack/special/cast

was doing 750+ damage per shot on Hades thanks to having plenty of those skull things to kill, close to 400 each shot if I hadn't just killed one :magical:

e: I had the hammers that turn your special into a rocket and let you fire it three times in a row without waiting and even then there was no point in using it because the regular rear end shot was so powerful (though slow since you have to reload after each one to get the bonus so it was useful in the rooms but for the boss fight, nah)

e2: poo poo I had the opportunity to take the hammer that gives you +10% to attack and makes it seek the nearest enemy, should have done that

I like that hestia rail, the only annoying thing was having to remap reload.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

BlindSite posted:

I like that hestia rail, the only annoying thing was having to remap reload.

I should probably do that before I break the right analog stick

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

BlindSite posted:

His dickishness is mostly for american tv audiences. His shows where he's just cooking in his kitchen he seems like a way nicer fella. Also he doesn't "eat his pets" he raises animals specifically for the purpose of eating them because he doesn't like factory farming and I kinda can't fault that.

Yeah, dudes proven again and again to be an awesome giving guy, so really not sure of the weird Gordon Ramsay hate but alas, people gotta tear down etc

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Amy Pole Her posted:

Yeah, dudes proven again and again to be an awesome giving guy, so really not sure of the weird Gordon Ramsay hate but alas, people gotta tear down etc

because people think the gordon ramsay on hell's kitchen and kitchen nightmares is the real deal as opposed to the UK kitchen nightmares or masterchef versions of him

or maybe they're big marco pierre white lovers

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

That’s a shame.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
Watching some of Gordon Ramsay's other shows where he travels and interacts with people is genuinely cool. I watched one show where he want to Maui, and he had to create a meal for a group of people at Hana using local ingredients. He went to a famous banana bread stand, and asked how they made it, and they were like "I dunno, you're kind of a jerk" then he spent the rest of the day helping them make banana bread to show that he wasn't.

You just have to separate his "character" of being an rear end in a top hat for entertainment versus who he really is. I've followed some of his cooking stuff, and he knows what he's doing

BigPaddy
Jun 30, 2008

That night we performed the rite and opened the gate.
Halfway through, I went to fix us both a coke float.
By the time I got back, he'd gone insane.
Plus, he'd left the gate open and there was evil everywhere.

There is a UK series where he teaches convicts how to cook and run a restaurant. There are less attempts at using the kitchen knives as weapons than you expect.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Even knowing he's not a jerk I still get a kick out of this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DsyfYJ5Ou3g

There's always more you can learn

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

third time I've posted this, but whatever.

"and they say there's no such thing as a good cop."

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

BlindSite posted:

This is how Russia became an oligarchy after the fall of the soviet union hth.

pretend i know nothing

walk me through this

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret
President Leper, reinstitute the draft.

Only instead of going in the military, everyone has to work at least two years of physical retail (Including at least one full tour holiday season as a cashier/front end person).

Signed,
- A Veteran of the War on Christmas

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

fartknocker posted:

Only instead of going in the military, everyone has to work at least two years of physical retail (Including at least one full tour holiday season as a cashier/front end person).

Signed,

As a fellow veteran of the War on Christmas, I wouldn't wish it on the youngins.

Braksgirl
Dec 25, 2010

Unofficial Goon Disney travel agent since 2014!

Tens of Goons served!

Android Apocalypse posted:

That was home economics & I took that in middle school. Since I was a gigantic nerd that worked to excel under the strict eyes of my Asian parents, I aced the classes.

Because of it I can mend my own clothes & post pics of food that I make that isn't chicken wings during NFL GDT's.

I took Home Ec in 7th grade. That is where I learned to use a sewing machine so that's pretty good. But they didn't really teach us more than that and how to make Kraft spaghetti from a box. That's right. A boxed spaghetti kit.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
Best Gordon Ramsey appearance is when he went on Hot Ones and was a huge wimp about the spice level on the wings. Like I'm sure they're incredibly hot but try to be a professional my dude.

Braksgirl posted:

I definitely took Home Ec in 8th grade, I don't remember any of the specifics but I do pretty much all of this for my house (even if we're not so great at sticking to a budget) so it must have sunk in.

If you want to talk about weird and outdated school courses, my wife is a non-native English speaker and started learning English in late elementary school...which, as I found out today, involved learning to write in cursive :psyduck: Can't imagine a worse thing to introduce to someone who uses English as a second language.

E:

fartknocker posted:

Signed,

This, but cut it down to one year and expand it to include things like working FOH in a restaurant, really anything that's face to face with customers/consumers. And no nepotism hires, you gotta work for someone who has no obligation to be nice to you.

Guarantee that such a system will either turn us into a much kinder nation within a decade, or destroy us within three. No middle ground.

C-Euro fucked around with this message at 05:25 on Jan 29, 2022

Samadhi
May 13, 2001

Grittybeard posted:

There can be only one Michigan, they have to sort that out and the loser gets annexed by a neighboring state.

The UP rightfully belongs to Wisconsin anyway

Pops Mgee
Aug 20, 2009

People all over the world,
Join Hands,
Start the Love Train!

C-Euro posted:

Best Gordon Ramsey appearance is when he went on Hot Ones and was a huge wimp about the spice level on the wings. Like I'm sure they're incredibly hot but try to be a professional my dude.

I’m pretty sure he has super bad ulcers and that’s what was kicking his rear end.

The Wild Man of YOLO
Apr 20, 2004

A little cross-country, gentlemen?

Pops Mgee posted:

I’m pretty sure he has super bad ulcers and that’s what was kicking his rear end.

Bold of him to return last month for the holiday episode

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

FizFashizzle posted:

pretend i know nothing

walk me through this

It's more complicated than this but I think he's referencing the voucher privitization program when the USSR fell. Basically people were given or could buy very cheaply shares in any state owned company.

Most people are dumb with money anyway, but even more so in this setting. The sharps figured out there was a big difference between current Russian prices for oil and such and everywhere else and vacuumed the vouchers up from people scamming them into taking way less than they were worth, or even sometimes just bartering. Like a microwave or something looks good and you're poor as dirt, why do you need this asset that you don't understand and can't use right now?

This was also a big part of the rise of the Russian mob (which...you know may be the same thing either way), there's a doc out there somewhere that I thought was good.

e: I think I was thinking of Thieves by Law for the documentary? Maybe not, that's all about the mafia. But if I remember right they go through the basic scam and how crazy things were at the time.

Grittybeard fucked around with this message at 15:27 on Jan 29, 2022

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

Pops Mgee posted:

Oh well now I feel bad.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

seiferguy posted:

Watching some of Gordon Ramsay's other shows where he travels and interacts with people is genuinely cool. I watched one show where he want to Maui, and he had to create a meal for a group of people at Hana using local ingredients. He went to a famous banana bread stand, and asked how they made it, and they were like "I dunno, you're kind of a jerk" then he spent the rest of the day helping them make banana bread to show that he wasn't.

You just have to separate his "character" of being an rear end in a top hat for entertainment versus who he really is. I've followed some of his cooking stuff, and he knows what he's doing

He's really nice to the kids on the kid version of cooking shows he does so I give him a pass

Crescent Wrench
Sep 30, 2005

The truth is usually just an excuse for a lack of imagination.
Grimey Drawer

This post was a day early for the anniversary, but I refuse to let it pass unacknowledged. Also now that I have clicked through there is a stunning amount of analysis from the person who Tweeted this.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I guess I blanked on Mando getting to keep the darksaber (new boba fett spoiler)

or just forgot

e: laughed real hard at Mando checking the darksaber for his flight

Intruder fucked around with this message at 09:27 on Jan 29, 2022

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench
In 7th or 8th grade my friends and I made "quesadillas" that featured Southwestern style Velveeta for a class. I don't think it was called Home Ec but it was just a cooking segment during health class where we were using books from the 70s in the early 90s.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer
The Legend if Vox Machina on Amazon is pretty good. Good story so far and has some pretty funny parts

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
President Leper if you make the Atlanta Falcons illegal you've got my vote.

T-Square
May 14, 2009

Joey Freshwater posted:

The Legend if Vox Machina on Amazon is pretty good. Good story so far and has some pretty funny parts

I’ve been meaning to check this out so that’s good to hear! I really enjoy that whole gang but gently caress I can’t digest three hour podcast episodes lol

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

Does anyone use Tidal? Thinking of switching from Spotify to Tidal, especially because musicians are starting to pull their music off Spotify, but also because of Joe Rogan.

It looks like tidal has a lot of the same stuff Spotify has, and that’s all I really care about.

BigPaddy
Jun 30, 2008

That night we performed the rite and opened the gate.
Halfway through, I went to fix us both a coke float.
By the time I got back, he'd gone insane.
Plus, he'd left the gate open and there was evil everywhere.

I have YouTube Premium which includes YouTube music and it works ok. I know a couple of people that work in the NY Spotify office and just sent them “That zany Joe Rogan amirite?” and got some non PG13 responses.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

Silly Burrito posted:

President Leper if you make the Atlanta Falcons illegal you've got my vote.

You need them for the twice annual blood feud games, 28-3 jokes, and hilarious collapses.