Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

kartikeya
Mar 17, 2009

ThaumPenguin posted:

That'd be Christopher Livingston, who actually ended up making a sequel called The Elder Strolls!

The original Living in Oblivion is still available on his site, but unfortunately the images seem to have been lost to time.

That's right! That dude.

lol, okay, I'll give Requiem this, if you've got even just one perk point in something, it's fairly significant. I've just been loving around with various starting areas, so this time I'm a dark elf and I choose to start crossing the Windhelm border because why not have the first city I encounter hate my guts. As soon as I load in, there's a wolf in my face. Manage to kill it while only losing a bit of health. Find a chest with an adept lock, which I shouldn't really be able to successfully pick but I just manage to with two picks left. Go to pick up a dead rabbit and oops that's a troll, oops oops oops.

Book it up the path, and oh look it's that random encounter with the three bandits that have killed three soldiers. Maybe I can train the troll onto them and get their stuff if they die. Answer: yes, but they kill it easily. Whoops. Oh look, a bear, let's train the bear onto them. Oops got too close to the bear, get knocked right past the bandits, get up as they kill it and I am super super close to dead with no stamina left.

And of course the bandits demand "tax".

Definitely dead if I don't give them the hundred gold they demand, so I do. Yay, big chunk of my starting cash is gone. Then the dude who took my gold starts to wander away, and I think

what if

because one of the skills I picked is pickpocket.

so what if

Anyway so I have that gold back now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jack B Nimble
Dec 25, 2007

Soiled Meat
That's awesome; anything you can walk away from is a win, and you did more than that. Let us know what happens once you're in that awful city.

So you're a dunmer thief?

kartikeya
Mar 17, 2009

I tend to gravitate toward thief characters, yeah. This is a really good starting area for it too, because some guard threatened me before he'd let me into the city ("If I catch you stealing anything, I'll break your neck" and then I checked his pockets), and the Gray Quarter's expanded a tiny bit. So now it's the Whiterun experience of trying to have money for all the stuff I need, except a bear ate my bow, I'm half dead, and this town fuckin' haaates me. Compliments to Requiem on making pickpocket a thing at lower skill levels with perk points too, because I've got no cash but I haven't been caught taking it from people yet (yet). This kind of stuff is why I desperately want to like this mod every time I try it. The feel is fantastic, I just get put off by things I find frustrating (if I get far enough for it to matter, I am removing the disarm shout from every drat dragon and draugr in existence).

Wildlander specific stuff:

There was something driving me crazy about the ENB settings, but I think I fixed that by just copying mine over. They've done something with the camera that is throwing me too, but I might have got it to somewhere tolerable. As mentioned my eyes are kind of sensitive. They're using Skyrim Unbound but have locked off most of the options, which is a shame. I'm probably going to turn iEquip off, it's just janky enough that trying to retrain my muscle memory to use it doesn't feel worth the effort, but it's easy to do that through the MCM, no fuss. I haven't tried Immersive Horses before, and other than the fact I can't seem to get the textures I want it to be using to actually be used, my first impressions are good ones and it has features I've wanted CH to have for ages (horse stealing, herding, naming wasn't a matter of clicking for random names until I saw one I liked). Before I started poking at other starting areas I wondered if I could steal the bandit horse near that alcove back behind Whiterun without dying to the bandits. Yes, yes I can. About the only thing I might miss from CH is as far as I know Immersive Horses won't let you harvest ingredients on horseback, so I might well swap that the next time I rebuild my main list. Likewise I might try to fit JKs in the Lexy list, if it isn't in the next update anyway. I've been using all of his interiors for ages, but this is the first time really seeing the city overhauls.

Speaking of, Wabbajack is fantastic wizardry because I've still got my Lexy game going, so I can gently caress around with this whenever for as long as I feel like, and Wildlander continues to feel like a list where I might just want to turn it on to do missives and bounties and ignore almost all of the big quests. That said, I'm curious what kind of wacky poo poo it would be to use something like LotD with Requiem. It's hard to imagine the shitshow balancing the two would be.

Jack B Nimble
Dec 25, 2007

Soiled Meat
Dunmer thief grifting a living in windhelm was a character I always wanted to try, so I'm enjoying hearing your account.

As for me, this is day three of playing Wildlander and only now do I realize there is a launcher...

kartikeya
Mar 17, 2009

Jack B Nimble posted:

Dunmer thief grifting a living in windhelm was a character I always wanted to try, so I'm enjoying hearing your account.

As for me, this is day three of playing Wildlander and only now do I realize there is a launcher...

lol

I mean, I didn't realize that either, and I couldn't figure out why the ENB wasn't working.

ZombieCrew
Apr 1, 2019
So can i use wabbajack to play requim and also have a slightly modded near vanilla save and swap between the two?

kartikeya
Mar 17, 2009

ZombieCrew posted:

So can i use wabbajack to play requim and also have a slightly modded near vanilla save and swap between the two?

Wabbajack installs a separate instance of Mod Organizer and (depending on the list, but usually) makes a copy of your Skyrim folder, so yeah, provided you’re using a mod manager already and the mods aren’t in your Skyrim directory, they don’t touch each other. The one hitch is Wildlander wanted an AE copy of the game, so i had to update for the install and then roll it back to SE for my main list to use.

Jack B Nimble
Dec 25, 2007

Soiled Meat
With Wabbajack the only limit is your rapidly diminishing hard drive space!

tonberrykng
May 1, 2009

KoldPT posted:

has anyone tried a wabbajack list they like recently? I'm trying out Path of the Dovahkiin, which purports to be more of a diablo like thing, with crazy bonuses from gear and vokrii+ordinator+sperg, but it did not immediately pull me in.

i was looking at trying Septimus which is compatible with all the new content, and takes a lighter touch wrt gameplay
Septimus comes highly recommended if you're itching to try the new Anniversary Edition content. I believe it's the only Vanilla+ mod pack on Wabbajack that fully supports AE (not just compatibility with the most recent version of Skyrim SE) and also distributes AE added quests naturally throughout the world based on player level. The integration with all that AE brings feels very well thought out, and if that's not enough content for you, most of the major quest mods are also included, such as Bruma and Legacy of the Dragonborn. Not sure how the latter works since someone mentioned upthread that LotD conflicts pretty badly with AE, but I haven't noticed any issues so far in my playthrough.

Also, if you were a fan of Qwest before it stopped being supported, this is pretty much the successor to that + AE. There is a strong emphasis on being performance friendly on lower-end PCs and offering a ton of new content, while not straying too far from the vanilla game. Like Qwest, Septimus uses mostly EnaiRim as its core set of perk/gameplay mod overhauls, and depending on how much of a purist you are, this may be too divergent from the vanilla Skyrim experience, but for me, they aren't that intrusive at all and compliment the AE content nicely.

Give it a shot. They just updated the mod pack with a major version and seems like it's going to be supported for a while.

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

tonberrykng posted:

Septimus comes highly recommended if you're itching to try the new Anniversary Edition content. I believe it's the only Vanilla+ mod pack on Wabbajack that fully supports AE (not just compatibility with the most recent version of Skyrim SE) and also distributes AE added quests naturally throughout the world based on player level. The integration with all that AE brings feels very well thought out, and if that's not enough content for you, most of the major quest mods are also included, such as Bruma and Legacy of the Dragonborn. Not sure how the latter works since someone mentioned upthread that LotD conflicts pretty badly with AE, but I haven't noticed any issues so far in my playthrough.

Also, if you were a fan of Qwest before it stopped being supported, this is pretty much the successor to that + AE. There is a strong emphasis on being performance friendly on lower-end PCs and offering a ton of new content, while not straying too far from the vanilla game. Like Qwest, Septimus uses mostly EnaiRim as its core set of perk/gameplay mod overhauls, and depending on how much of a purist you are, this may be too divergent from the vanilla Skyrim experience, but for me, they aren't that intrusive at all and compliment the AE content nicely.

Give it a shot. They just updated the mod pack with a major version and seems like it's going to be supported for a while.

LotD isn't necessarily the problem, but the patches basically need to all be rewritten.

Those being the CC patches, and new ones need to be made. Since AE has all the CC in it and some new CC, that is the problem. Just to be clearer.

Midnight Voyager fucked around with this message at 05:05 on Jan 28, 2022

queeb
Jun 10, 2004

m

gently caress it, i dont think wildlander is for me but septimus sounds like skyrim + the AE stuff i never tried + whatever LoTD is it sounds huge and with lots of stuff to do. I might try this pack out.

queeb fucked around with this message at 06:16 on Jan 28, 2022

kartikeya
Mar 17, 2009

queeb posted:

gently caress it, i dont think wildlander is for me but septimus sounds like skyrim + the AE stuff i never tried + whatever LoTD is it sounds huge and with lots of stuff to do. I might try this pack out.

I really, really love LotD. It's definitely not to some folks' taste, but if you're a Skyrim hoarder and like the idea of filling up a museum with all the weird stuff you find, you might like it too. It has quests of its own, but frankly I think it shines most as a motivation/framework for everyone else's quests.

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

kartikeya posted:

I really, really love LotD. It's definitely not to some folks' taste, but if you're a Skyrim hoarder and like the idea of filling up a museum with all the weird stuff you find, you might like it too. It has quests of its own, but frankly I think it shines most as a motivation/framework for everyone else's quests.

Fossil Mining is a great addon, too. Love getting extra goodies for my museum while mining.

...Unrelated to mod packs, I just really like filling up museums. Really scratches an itch in my brain.

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!
As an aside on that, I hate that there aren't more vaults of treasure but one of the thread lines for the CC quest "Bittercup" leads you to an honest to god hoard of loot down one of the paths and was such a nice change from the traditional loot chest that has maybe 1 or two objects around it.

It's something I'd definitely like to see something Incorporate into a house/museum is just a big empty vault that slowly fills with coins so you can Scrooge McDuck that poo poo.

PaybackJack fucked around with this message at 09:39 on Jan 28, 2022

kartikeya
Mar 17, 2009

PaybackJack posted:

As an aside on that, I hate that there aren't more vaults of treasure but one of the thread lines for the CC quest "Bittercup" leads you to an honest to god hoard of loot down one of the paths and was such a nice change from the traditional loot chest that has maybe 1 or two objects around it.

It's something I'd definitely like to see something Incorporate into a house/museum is just a big empty vault that slowly fills with coins so you can Scrooge McDuck that poo poo.

LotD's Safehouse has a secret room that does this if you start storing a bunch of coin there. I have no idea how much it takes to fill that place up, but it seems like a whooole lot.

So I slapped some mods on top of Wildlander, which will probably end poorly but so far so good, and restarted the dunmer thief in Windhelm. Decided to make it worse, why not, threw away all of the starting coin, the lockpicks, and anything I wasn't already wearing aside from half a loaf of bread. This time pickpocket attempts didn't go nearly as well; tried to pick Viola's pocket for her key so I could help my pal Sadri out, got caught, and tore out of Windhelm being chased by an old lady with a knife because I had all of 50 gold on me but I didn't want all the silver dishware I'd stolen to get confiscated. Spent two days in the wilds, learned - despite having played with this mod for years - that Hunterborn foraging objects can curse you, and I have no idea how to get rid of it, but at least the drain health wore off right before it killed me. Spent the rest of the day sleeping with a poultice to sloooooowly get literally all my life back.

Went back into town, successfully stole Viola's key this time, put her ring back in her house and then stole everything of value that wasn't nailed down. Sadri's very happy with me and paid me a bunch of money, and I've neglected to tell him that all the silver dishware I sold him came from her house (aside from the few pieces too expensive to do anything but fence).

Frost trolls are somehow more terrifying than past experience (including past Requiem experience), and have become my secret weapon. The bandits at Traitor's Post were probably very confused by some level 2 dunmer wearing tattered fur armor sprinting into their house and then leaping out the window, but they really should have seen that second frost troll coming. I'm convinced the troll's only weakness is swords carried specifically by Windhelm guards. Sadly, they killed the first troll friend I brought them before it could heroically kill the guard that threatened to break my neck. Maybe next time.

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!

kartikeya posted:

LotD's Safehouse has a secret room that does this if you start storing a bunch of coin there. I have no idea how much it takes to fill that place up, but it seems like a whooole lot.

Really? Not sure how I missed that. One of the best features of LotD we the cart that autofilters your stuff or junks it.

One of these days I'm going to have to take a look at some kind of mod that rebalances the economy and crafting so you can't get rich off selling stuff unless it's actually decent quality. I wouldn't mind some kind of straight up unfair ratio of buy to sell beyond what it's currently at either.

kartikeya
Mar 17, 2009

PaybackJack posted:

Really? Not sure how I missed that. One of the best features of LotD we the cart that autofilters your stuff or junks it.

One of these days I'm going to have to take a look at some kind of mod that rebalances the economy and crafting so you can't get rich off selling stuff unless it's actually decent quality. I wouldn't mind some kind of straight up unfair ratio of buy to sell beyond what it's currently at either.

Yeah, there's a button behind the tapestry above/around the desk in the bedroom, it was pretty easy to miss for me. It's an empty room full of shelves with a ledger that you can use to decide how much gold to store, and the room fills up the more you put in (you can, of course, take it back out as well).

queeb
Jun 10, 2004

m

god drat going through the septimus mod list, theres a metric fuckton of quest mods in it.

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

Yeah, I haven't yet found a Wabbajack list that quite matches what I want out of Skyrim but Septimus comes pretty drat close. Definitely keeping it in mind for the next time I want to play.

Burns
May 10, 2008

Just had a glance through septimus list. Im surpises moonpath to elswyr is still included. I thought it was an old rear end barely functional mod.

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

Burns posted:

Just had a glance through septimus list. Im surpises moonpath to elswyr is still included. I thought it was an old rear end barely functional mod.

It's old but it's had some effort put into maintaining/improving it (including some Legacy of the Dragonborn integration).

tonberrykng
May 1, 2009

queeb posted:

god drat going through the septimus mod list, theres a metric fuckton of quest mods in it.
Yep, between quest mods and all the new quests added by Anniversary Edition, it really is an impressive amount of content. Not all of the quest mods included in Septimus are going to be high quality, but if you're already committing to Anniversary Edition, which is a pretty mixed bag of fan-made content, might as well embrace the Skyrim cheese, immersion be damned. Plus you can kinda pick and choose which quests you want to try out and ignore the dumb ones.

queeb
Jun 10, 2004

m

Since when did Skyrim have a fuckin dark souls esque lock on and Dodge system.

Septimis seems cool as hell so far

wow im loving these perk trees. seems like you can solo a school of magic and still be able to pump out damage and stuff. restoration has disease and damage healing spells and stuff.

wtf the restoration tree has like a wandering beacon that heals allies, harms enemies, curses and stuff. what the poo poo. how do i decide what to do!!

queeb fucked around with this message at 22:26 on Jan 28, 2022

Jack B Nimble
Dec 25, 2007

Soiled Meat

queeb posted:

Since when did Skyrim have a fuckin dark souls esque lock on and Dodge system.

Septimis seems cool as hell so far

wow im loving these perk trees. seems like you can solo a school of magic and still be able to pump out damage and stuff. restoration has disease and damage healing spells and stuff.

wtf the restoration tree has like a wandering beacon that heals allies, harms enemies, curses and stuff. what the poo poo. how do i decide what to do!!

Yeah the change to give all schools a "poor man's destruction" is great, now you don't have to dip into destruction if you're fine with your seldom used nukes being either a bit sub optimal or, in the case of restoration, more situational.

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Burns posted:

A thing I notice about Skyrim quest mods is that people include/love mods for reasons I cannot fathom. I at least kinda get that one, it's nostalgia. I just... I just can't trust Skyrim quest mod recommendations anymore, not without a good bit of detail. And even then, I am prepared for a Bad Time.

I'm looking at you, Gray Cowl of Nocturnal.

Looking at that list, I'd say I'd rather play Moonpath than Tools of Kagrenac. Goddamn underwater maze full of slaughterfish, who the hell decided on that.

Midnight Voyager fucked around with this message at 00:38 on Jan 29, 2022

Epi Lepi
Oct 29, 2009

You can hear the voice
Telling you to Love
It's the voice of MK Ultra
And you're doing what it wants
What body/face/skin mods does septimus use? Anyone who uses it play as a Dunmer? How do they look using that setting. Since my Xbox endeavor failed and I have a better comp that I have in years I might just buy Skyrim on pc like god intended and septimus sounds pretty cool.

Refried Hero
Jan 22, 2006

King of the grill

Epi Lepi posted:

What body/face/skin mods does septimus use? Anyone who uses it play as a Dunmer? How do they look using that setting. Since my Xbox endeavor failed and I have a better comp that I have in years I might just buy Skyrim on pc like god intended and septimus sounds pretty cool.

Directly from my MO2 screen -

It basically looks like HQ vanilla as far as I can tell.

Refried Hero fucked around with this message at 05:04 on Jan 29, 2022

Helith
Nov 5, 2009

Basket of Adorables

I’m fairly sure that even on PC Tempered Skins are the only replacers for vanilla bodies. The others are all made for the body replacers, so if you want more choice you have to go that route, which is fairly ridiculous really.
Most of the body replacers have never nude versions at least but then you are limited to only getting armours and clothes designed for the body you picked :shrug:
I’ve stuck to vanilla bodies with Tempered skins because I love sforzinda’s Variations so much, but if there are other skins around I’d love to hear about them.
I am using High Poly Heads though you have to patch any mod that touches NPC records to be compatible with it.

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

Burns posted:

Actually it's old, but it worked quite well for me. It's more Bioware than Bethesda in structure, though.

Epi Lepi
Oct 29, 2009

You can hear the voice
Telling you to Love
It's the voice of MK Ultra
And you're doing what it wants

Refried Hero posted:

Directly from my MO2 screen -

It basically looks like HQ vanilla as far as I can tell.

Hopefully if I give this a shot the Dunmer won't end up whitewashed like happened in my xbox try lol.

kartikeya
Mar 17, 2009

So Wildlander isn't quite so rock solid stable as Lexy's (to be expected, it's just released), but so far the occasional crash isn't irritating. Except, except... loving Blood on the Ice, man. Every time I completed it, it would either crash immediately on the next save attempt or shortly thereafter. This appears to be a problem a few folks are having with body clean up scripts throwing tantrums, so if someone's having the issue this was the suggested solution that seems to have worked for me:

1. Get the save cleaner.

2. Open up your save.

3. Look for Active Scripts > WIDeadBodyCleanupScript. In my case I'm drat sure it was Calixto's final gently caress you, as deleting the one that had *refID=DEFAULT:0001B11B appears to have solved the issue. Resaver will rightly scream at you that you might not be able to load your save because what are you even doing.

4. Obviously make a new save.

5. Load save and see if the gods favor you.

The gods don't favor me because I'm a dirty sneak thief that walked off with the silver bowl in front of the shrine to Arkay. That's fine, Mephala's just gonna give me a discount to spite you.

Having saved the city from a horrible serial killer because the guards could not be bothered to follow the most obvious blood trail known to man (and yet took the time out from doing important war things to make me pay off my bounty in the middle of the investigation :argh: ), Jorleif - while conspicuously not actually paying me anything - told me good job and promised the guards will be nicer to me. He's a lying liar who lies. The gods extra don't favor me because I helped myself to the contents of his pockets, then strolled out while listening to all the super racist nords wandering through the Palace of the Kings. Should probably burn that place down someday.

I want a horse, but do you know the problem with buying a horse? It means I have to spend money. gently caress that nonsense, I'm camped up on a roof in the Gray Quarter because I am morally opposed to paying the innkeeper at Candlehearth Hall for a room. It was much cheaper to permanently borrow a horse from the hunters I ran into while not dying to sabrecats. They had two, and two is numerically very close to one, so they probably won't even miss it.

kartikeya fucked around with this message at 12:30 on Jan 29, 2022

Helith
Nov 5, 2009

Basket of Adorables

There is also this mod too to clean up dead body scripts

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/62413

Jack B Nimble
Dec 25, 2007

Soiled Meat

kartikeya posted:

I want a horse, but do you know the problem with buying a horse? It means I have to spend money. gently caress that nonsense, I'm camped up on a roof in the Gray Quarter because I am morally opposed to paying the innkeeper at Candlehearth Hall for a room. It was much cheaper to permanently borrow a horse from the hunters I ran into while not dying to sabrecats. They had two, and two is numerically very close to one, so they probably won't even miss it.

You can take ownership of a horse by bringing it to a stable, or by just riding it long enough.

I don't mind paying for a room every now and then, but I spend most of my nights at a Khajit style semi permanent camp on the outskirts. I have a large pavilion style tent, a campfire right a cook pot, and several chests and barrels I've placed as storage.

kartikeya
Mar 17, 2009

Jack B Nimble posted:

You can take ownership of a horse by bringing it to a stable, or by just riding it long enough.

I don't mind paying for a room every now and then, but I spend most of my nights at a Khajit style semi permanent camp on the outskirts. I have a large pavilion style tent, a campfire right a cook pot, and several chests and barrels I've placed as storage.

Oh I know, that’s exactly what I did (while dodging some sort of Eastmarch bear convention, that was a whole lot of bears). I’ve never used Immersive Horses before but I think horse stealing + apparently being able to use more than one at once has moved it into nudging out Convenient Horses for me.

Jack B Nimble
Dec 25, 2007

Soiled Meat
Yeah, sometimes I go out exploring or dungeon delving on foot, with my horse following behind, and I can stash immense piles of loot on the horse, very satisfying for my character, who is a very mundane, money grubbing opportunist; less a hero and more a braver than average merchant and social climber.

Jack B Nimble fucked around with this message at 22:06 on Jan 29, 2022

Cicero
Dec 17, 2003

Jumpjet, melta, jumpjet. Repeat for ten minutes or until victory is assured.
So if I've never played Skyrim before and don't wanna bother with the intro or main quest stuff and instead just jump into the middle of things and run around doing whatever, is the Alternate Start mod the right thing for that?

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

Cicero posted:

So if I've never played Skyrim before and don't wanna bother with the intro or main quest stuff and instead just jump into the middle of things and run around doing whatever, is the Alternate Start mod the right thing for that?

Kiiind of. Is there an option in the mod you’re looking at to skip the Helgen intro, Bleak Falls Barrow, and the Mirmulnir fight? Until all three of those are done, the game’s “intro” isn’t really completed so you won’t have random dragon attacks in the world and you largely can’t collect dragon souls to unlock shouts. Most Alternate Start mods I’ve seen for Skyrim let you start somewhere else but require you to head to Helgen at some point to do the introduction and unlock the dragon mechanics, so you can start palling around but you’re missing a fun chunk of things.

If you want to skip the main quest entirely you’ll also miss the Whirlwind Sprint shout, which is a really helpful movement tool.

Helith
Nov 5, 2009

Basket of Adorables

Cicero posted:

There's a few of them, so pick your flavour

Skyrim Unbound Reborn
https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/27962

Realm of Lorkhan
https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/18223

ASLAL
https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/272

Skyrim Unbound lets you skip the starting quest entirely or even the entire main quest if you want

Cicero
Dec 17, 2003

Jumpjet, melta, jumpjet. Repeat for ten minutes or until victory is assured.
edit: thanks! /\/\/\

Yeah I guess I was thinking there'd be something that let you skip bits but still gave you the powers/items/etc that you'd normally get from them. Guess I'll look around.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

Arivia posted:

Kiiind of. Is there an option in the mod you’re looking at to skip the Helgen intro, Bleak Falls Barrow, and the Mirmulnir fight? Until all three of those are done, the game’s “intro” isn’t really completed so you won’t have random dragon attacks in the world and you largely can’t collect dragon souls to unlock shouts. Most Alternate Start mods I’ve seen for Skyrim let you start somewhere else but require you to head to Helgen at some point to do the introduction and unlock the dragon mechanics, so you can start palling around but you’re missing a fun chunk of things.

If you want to skip the main quest entirely you’ll also miss the Whirlwind Sprint shout, which is a really helpful movement tool.

Skyrim Unbound lets you skip straight to "the Greybeards have summoned you" after a dragon shows up (which can be basically whenever you want).

I've seen a couple of plug-ins for Live Another Life that supposedly start you just after retrieving the horn but I've no idea how well they work.