Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

heel turn
Jan 6, 2004

Some boy tried to step to me at the county fair. I said son u clearly have no ideal what creek im from

coconono posted:

Did NPU break with IWTV too?

Looks like it. Their last show on IWTV was the Gauntlet of Death in September.

https://twitter.com/Atticus_Cogar/status/1486871177649868800?s=20&t=yjJJVFoNZpOkQnQrcoSjVg

Atticus might be one of my favorite dudes on the indies right now. Getting booked by GCW is probably the best thing that has happened to him because it got him away from Jason Gory.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Akileese
Feb 6, 2005

I really don't feel like getting a hotel for a place 35 minutes away from me but I'm definitely gonna be going to do this show I think.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

I'm really not much of a US indy watcher these days (I think I average about 5 matches a year) but if you've got IWTV then the ACTION show from the 21st has a very good IWTV Independent Wrestling Title match between Alex Shelley & AC Mack. I'd probably not have watched if Shelley wasn't involved but very glad I did.

Beer_Suitcase
May 3, 2005

Verily, the whip is ghost riding.

it's a tiny image and I'm sorry

https://twitter.com/TrustInPhil/status/1486242744767066114?t=rsx5dhL2h2je0Ovu5dWn-g&s=19

the March 31 shows at the Ridgelea is my old wrestling buddys promotion. IHWE whut up!

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib
I'm sort of in the mood for death matches tonight. Is this H2O show going to be death match show?

EDIT:

Nevermind

SalTheBard fucked around with this message at 04:51 on Jan 29, 2022

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

I’m sure it’s just a coincidence that H2O brought out the fuckery right at 10pm.

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

I've been involved in a number of cults, both as a leader and a follower.

You have more fun as a follower. But you make more money as a leader.

https://twitter.com/officialpwg/status/1487282078488023041?s=21

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

I sure wish Davey Richards ever wanted to actually wrestle.

the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

1glitch0 posted:

I sure wish Davey Richards ever wanted to actually wrestle.

He had a rad match with Daniel Makabe a couple weeks back in Portland, but I’m honestly more excited about these replacements.

PWG tonight is going to be absolutely wild.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

the escape goat posted:

He had a rad match with Daniel Makabe a couple weeks back in Portland, but I’m honestly more excited about these replacements.

I'd have loved to have seen that.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

Davey Richards no showing an indie?

Everything old is new again.

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

the escape goat posted:

So jealous you get to see speedball vs bandido live and I have to wait 3-4 months to see it

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

Lid posted:

Davey Richards no showing an indie?

Everything old is new again.
I mean I wouldn't be surprised if he got COVID like Gresham

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Suplex Liberace posted:

So jealous you get to see speedball vs bandido live and I have to wait 3-4 months to order the dvd and then another several months for it to arrive, if it ever arrives

the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

Suplex Liberace posted:

So jealous you get to see speedball vs bandido live and I have to wait 3-4 months to see it

Worth the flight, hotel, and tickets. Incredible show marred by incredibly lovely fans. I dunno if PWG touches up and audience noise or edits stuff out but there were so many slurs and lovely comments; really hoping that stuff doesn't make it onto the DVD.

I don't get how someone can scream "DEPORT SPEEDBALL" rather than standing there, mouth agape at the incredible work he and Bandido were putting on. We always talk about how Fenix defies gravity but holy hell, both of those guys are almost as unreal. Their timing on everything was on point and the world needs to see them mix it up more often.

I'm tickled that I was able to make it down; super used to DEFY and that crowd, but visiting another indie territory is (almost) always incredible.

Quick notes:
Alex Shelley is a vicious heel who hates other people's limbs and it's perfect
Daniel Garcia's junior varsity lacrosse team bully energy is *chef's kiss* in person (similar to Suzuki though, it's a "oh no" when you chat with him and he's a bubbly delight)
Wheeler Yuta has a constant air of "I can't believe I'm doing this for a living oh my god yay" and it is WAY too endearing.

Apparently it's a PWG tradition to drink a drink called an Adios, Motherfucker which is blue and has tequila and that may explain the crowd vibes? Maybe that's just an LA thing?

Either way, it was a great show and I'm looking forward to tomorrow night.

Kvantum
Feb 5, 2006
Skee-entist

the escape goat posted:

Apparently it's a PWG tradition to drink a drink called an Adios, Motherfucker which is blue and has tequila and that may explain the crowd vibes? Maybe that's just an LA thing?

Well, that drink would make about anyone in a good mood.

To a tall glass with ice add (in equal parts): Blue Curacao, Vodka, Tequila, Rum, and Gin, plus 2 parts lemon juice, 2 parts simple syrup, and top off the glass with soda water (or else use 2 parts sweet and sour mix and finish off with Sprite if you're out of lemon juice and simple syrup).

https://mybartender.com/recipes/adios-motherfucker/

davidbix
Jun 14, 2016

Wow, Bix. First K.Rool, then Steve and now SEPHIROTH? Your dream game is real!
What is it with all of these stories of people at PWG shows being egregiously lovely since they started running again? I don't remember it happening close to this often pre-pandemic.

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
Everyone forgot how to behave

edit: This isn't a joke post; there seems to be a pretty consistent throughline of this in a bunch of places that involve large groups of people congregating

davidbix
Jun 14, 2016

Wow, Bix. First K.Rool, then Steve and now SEPHIROTH? Your dream game is real!

xbilkis posted:

edit: This isn't a joke post; there seems to be a pretty consistent throughline of this in a bunch of places that involve large groups of people congregating
The people who have been lovely weren't new to PWG? They were pre-pandemic regulars?

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
I don't know Bix.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

I'll ask them

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Deport your nuts

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

davidbix posted:

What is it with all of these stories of people at PWG shows being egregiously lovely since they started running again? I don't remember it happening close to this often pre-pandemic.

yah reading that was strange i dont remember hearing anything like before from people here who went or on my own blurays.

so happy speedball is BACK and that garcia is doing good poo poo

Big Dave
Nov 6, 2009

Friends don't shake hands, friends gotta hug!

Weird considering how basically all the other super indies got much better with this (with a few notable exceptions) over the pandemic. Maybe pwg need to book the rejects to threaten to beat the poo poo out of anyone being a bigot

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

xbilkis posted:

I think it's this, but not in the way I think you mean. I think that yes, there may be some element of people being out of the habit of how to behave in large groups, but also there's probably a similar increased sensitivity to bad behaviour. If you're going to gigs or shows every other weekend, it's easier to become numb to some behaviour than if you haven't gone to one in 2 years.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

idk why the fans were mondo lovely lately it didnt used to be this way.

Penguin Patrol
Mar 3, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
The true Forbidden Door, Matt Cardona taught WWE fans that the indies exist

Mob
May 7, 2002

Me reading your posts

Does the bigger venue maybe play a part? Seems like it would be harder to be a shithead in the 30x40 fartbox they used to run out of

TTBF
Sep 14, 2005

Has the next bloodsport been announced yet?

Jubs
Jul 11, 2006

Boy, I think it's about time I tell you the difference between a man and a woman. A woman isn't a woman unless she's pretty. And a man isn't a man unless he's ugly.

the escape goat posted:

Worth the flight, hotel, and tickets. Incredible show marred by incredibly lovely fans. I dunno if PWG touches up and audience noise or edits stuff out but there were so many slurs and lovely comments; really hoping that stuff doesn't make it onto the DVD.

Can you elaborate on what was being said?

the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

Jubs posted:

Can you elaborate on what was being said?

ain’t willing to repost it. just gonna find a different spot to sit in.

very curious for any surprise appearances tonight and if Ex will have any partners on commentary. he announced the opening solo and I didn’t see anyone else at the desk, so who knows?

if anyone has the chance to go to PWG or BOLA in the future, it’s absolutely recommended. the ringwork is spectacular and other than a few rotten apples, it’s a solid vibe. extremely glad I’ve managed to make it after so many years.

since I’m new to the PWG thing, do I gush about results in the spoilers thread or in here?

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Could just be that the group consisting of “people willing to go to crowded indoor events during a pandemic” contains a higher percentage of assholes who aren’t going because they feel like they’ve taken enough suitable precautions to be safe about it, but because they think the whole pandemic thing is bullshit and gently caress everybody else for ruining their fun for the last 2 years over a fake news virus.

They’re also the crowd most likely to be shouting dumb poo poo in public places.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

the escape goat posted:

ain’t willing to repost it. just gonna find a different spot to sit in.

very curious for any surprise appearances tonight and if Ex will have any partners on commentary. he announced the o pening solo and I didn’t see anyone else at the desk, so who knows?

if anyone has the chance to go to PWG or BOLA in the future, it’s absolutely recommended. the ringwork is spectacular and other than a few rotten apples, it’s a solid vibe. extremely glad I’ve managed to make it after so many years.

since I’m new to the PWG thing, do I gush about results in the spoilers thread or in here?

Jubs works for pwg is why he wants to know

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Cheap plug, but following on from Jerusalem's top ten favourite active wrestlers list, I'm doing a top ten favourite active tag team's list so please show your favourite indie teams some love!

dodgeblan
Jul 20, 2019
I went to BOLA night one and thought it was awesome. The fans were all having a great time and I went to the bartender and said 'can i have one of those blue drinks everyone is drinking' and then immediately regretted in when I saw what was in it. There was an AUSSIE AUSSIE AUSSIE chant at buddy murphy and Jonah, which was cool. I'm Australian too and I went up to Jonah at intermission and he was super nice, even though he hosed up his eye. So many of the matches were great, I think my favorites were Bandido and Speedball and Wheeler Yuta versus Less Cut Buddy Murphy. The two lucha guys at the start did insane dives. Bandido is very cool, I've not seen much of him before.

dodgeblan
Jul 20, 2019
I didn't hear any lovely comments or chants at all from where I was sitting/standing. Me and my friend had standing room tickets and two ultrafans who seemed to know everything about everyone handed us chairs, which was cool.

Some shithead saying something lovely is basically an integral part of the fabric of live wrestling, I really don't think this event was worse than any I've been to in the past. In fact I think it's the only live event I've ever been to where I didn't hear any offensive shouts or chants.

dodgeblan fucked around with this message at 01:55 on Jan 31, 2022

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib
Masashi Takeda is retiring to take care of his kids following the surprise death of his wife. Alex Colon is setting up an auction for him

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

SalTheBard posted:

Masashi Takeda is retiring to take care of his kids following the surprise death of his wife. Alex Colon is setting up an auction for him

That's awful, he was great. Hope he can be there for his lil' Masashi

the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

it’s possible I was more aware of the assholes because I was right there, but-

Tonight was way more chill and better vibes, maybe because I switched up where I sat and avoided the night 1 folks, but oh man. SO FUN.

There was a pretty scary injury, but thankfully the wrestler was able to walk out of the ring under his own power and the booking worked around it very gracefully.

Very glad I was finally able to get to a PWG show, and looking forward to whenever I can manage to make it back.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

TTBF posted:

Has the next bloodsport been announced yet?

Good news friend!

https://twitter.com/JoshLBarnett/status/1488347941282541570