Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Arzaac
Jan 2, 2020

IIRC stability is Gun Recoil. It's a stat I only tend to care about if the gun already has some recoil problems to start with.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Turin Turambar
Jun 5, 2011

BrianRx posted:

What is stability? Does it affect accuracy or critical chance?

From the wiki
Accuracy: Hidden value, determines how much projectiles will spread, making it difficult to hit distant targets. Higher accuracy decreases spread.
Stability: Hidden value, determines how much the weapon's aim moves when fired. Higher stability decreases recoil.

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

BrianRx posted:

What is stability? Does it affect accuracy or critical chance?

While I'm here, a few times I've been playing Thunder Cat and have noticed that sometimes scopes will outline enemies in red through cover after waiting a second or two. I haven't seen an inscription that explicitly grants it, though I think I've seen it most often (but not always) with "additional crit damage after waiting in scope for two seconds". Is it a hidden bonus or am I just missing it?

Also, I'm doing Nightmare solo as well after just squeaking through Epic. The jump in difficulty is... something. I lose like a third of my runs due to being inattentive around traps. Epic is doable, though I lose a lot of runs suddenly and stupidly. On Nightmare, I'm lucky to clear the Temple. I feel like I don't have enough time to get a build going unless I'm very lucky with ascensions. I really want to see Reincarnation, but I think I'm going to run out of steam before then.

There's a couple of inscriptions on sniper weapons that provide the highlight sight without explicitly stating they do. It isn't on many and sometimes all it does is indicate the bonus related to the inscription has activated.

As for the struggles on Nightmare, I feel you. It's by far the hardest difficulty alongside R7 and R8. How much of the talent tree have you unlocked? How many runs did it take you to beat Elite? If you really only barely squeaked by in Elite and don't have much or only half-ish of the talent tree filled, def go back and get more comfortable in Elite while you get some essence as there are a number of talents that are really, really helpful for getting ahead of the curve. Nightmare really tests both your gameplay as well as your game knowledge while still requiring a healthy dose of luck if you're playing solo.

BrianRx
Jul 21, 2007

Arzaac posted:

IIRC stability is Gun Recoil. It's a stat I only tend to care about if the gun already has some recoil problems to start with.

Turin Turambar posted:

From the wiki
Accuracy: Hidden value, determines how much projectiles will spread, making it difficult to hit distant targets. Higher accuracy decreases spread.
Stability: Hidden value, determines how much the weapon's aim moves when fired. Higher stability decreases recoil.

Cool cool, thanks. So it's indirectly related to accuracy, mediated by the player's ability to compensate for it.

Evil Kit posted:

There's a couple of inscriptions on sniper weapons that provide the highlight sight without explicitly stating they do. It isn't on many and sometimes all it does is indicate the bonus related to the inscription has activated.

As for the struggles on Nightmare, I feel you. It's by far the hardest difficulty alongside R7 and R8. How much of the talent tree have you unlocked? How many runs did it take you to beat Elite? If you really only barely squeaked by in Elite and don't have much or only half-ish of the talent tree filled, def go back and get more comfortable in Elite while you get some essence as there are a number of talents that are really, really helpful for getting ahead of the curve. Nightmare really tests both your gameplay as well as your game knowledge while still requiring a healthy dose of luck if you're playing solo.

Oh, I've had the tree filled out for some time. I've got like 3 or 4k essence banked, just waiting to spend in R1. I've gone back to Epic and tried to clear it with other characters, but so far only the one full run, and that ended with the first "final" boss. I can get to that point fairly consistently (though not as much as I would like) but keep ending up with the Serpent fight instead of the ship. I get the idea of the Serpent fight and have beaten it plenty on lower difficulties, but when the "sliding" attacks start coming in quick succession, I can't always see the red outline on the ground and get out of the way in time. It hurts on normal but is fatal on higher difficulties.

I'm going to keep at it for a bit, trying new builds for the characters I already know. At least short runs are embarrassing instead of frustrating when close range explosive enemies get by you.

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh

BrianRx posted:

Cool cool, thanks. So it's indirectly related to accuracy, mediated by the player's ability to compensate for it.

Oh, I've had the tree filled out for some time. I've got like 3 or 4k essence banked, just waiting to spend in R1. I've gone back to Epic and tried to clear it with other characters, but so far only the one full run, and that ended with the first "final" boss. I can get to that point fairly consistently (though not as much as I would like) but keep ending up with the Serpent fight instead of the ship. I get the idea of the Serpent fight and have beaten it plenty on lower difficulties, but when the "sliding" attacks start coming in quick succession, I can't always see the red outline on the ground and get out of the way in time.
Since that pattern always works the same, you can dodge it consistently without actually seeing the markers of the second set of attacks.
Basically, once the first set of lunges has gone off, move into the space they took up. That's where the second set won't be hitting.

That said, if you're not getting hit before then, you can take 1 or two hits from it without dying due to the talents for "take reduced overflow damage to HP" and "endure at 1 HP when hit at high HP"

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh

:toot: reincarnation 8 down on everyone

looking back through the player information tab, I can see that it took me:
4 tries to clear it as dog
1 try to clear it as prince
2 tries to clear it as bird
3 tries to clear it as thunder cat
1 try to clear it as bnuuy
3 tries to clear it as turtle

I played them in that order, so it might have taken me less tries on dog if I didn't R8 with him first.

btw can I just say it's so stupid that lightless shield/phantom skin stacks get eaten when you block damage with the turtle's apis

BrianRx
Jul 21, 2007

IronicDongz posted:

Since that pattern always works the same, you can dodge it consistently without actually seeing the markers of the second set of attacks.
Basically, once the first set of lunges has gone off, move into the space they took up. That's where the second set won't be hitting.

That said, if you're not getting hit before then, you can take 1 or two hits from it without dying due to the talents for "take reduced overflow damage to HP" and "endure at 1 HP when hit at high HP"

Yup, that helped a lot, thanks. Cleared the final final boss with Poison Cat and Sword Bunny on Epic. Their debuffs help a lot. Time to take another crack at Nightmare.

Fishstick
Jul 9, 2005

Does not require preheating
Did a Lei Luo R8 run yesterday, starting with the Thunder & Glory Spiritual Blessing. Oh my god how have I never used this before?

Add some Fulminous Zap and some Thunder Nemesis and stuff just explodes even with a barely upgraded gun.

https://i.imgur.com/2IyaKF9.mp4
https://i.imgur.com/5Yvmj34.mp4

BrianRx
Jul 21, 2007
Finally made it past nightmare then hit R2 in a couple runs. Everyone who said that Reincarnation is easier/better than Nightmare was right. Nightmare is almost like a gate to the "real" game with the blessings and enhanced weapons.

I blew through R1 with Dog and the mortar I picked up out of the first crate. Does the combination of Flesh and Bones and Airbag make you invincible? I took a few hits from the last boss and my health didn't drop at all. I had the scroll that absorbs five hits at full charge, but I'm pretty sure I exceeded that between the leap attack and the bullet hell orbs since I didn't have many mobility buffs and Dog with a mortar is really slow.

Fishstick
Jul 9, 2005

BrianRx posted:

Finally made it past nightmare then hit R2 in a couple runs. Everyone who said that Reincarnation is easier/better than Nightmare was right. Nightmare is almost like a gate to the "real" game with the blessings and enhanced weapons.

I blew through R1 with Dog and the mortar I picked up out of the first crate. Does the combination of Flesh and Bones and Airbag make you invincible? I took a few hits from the last boss and my health didn't drop at all. I had the scroll that absorbs five hits at full charge, but I'm pretty sure I exceeded that between the leap attack and the bullet hell orbs since I didn't have many mobility buffs and Dog with a mortar is really slow.

Flesh and Bones is just super good on dog, since it synergizes well with his stuff. Between fire enthusiast and some +%hp after kill ascensions he can get real beefy

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh
That's probably the character to take it on, but I don't like taking flesh and bone in general unless I have a great reason since the unlockable perk for reduced overflow damage from shields to hp-

-is really, really drat good for reducing the damage you take, and you lose this benefit entirely with flesh and bone.

Turin Turambar
Jun 5, 2011

Finally

I still have a few metaprogression things to unlock, I guess I will get them first before spending essence on Reincarnation

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

Got an early Enhanced Vetern with Paranormality on my last R8 run.

Enhanced Triple Comeback too, just in case?

Skippy McPants fucked around with this message at 04:12 on Feb 19, 2022

Harminoff
Oct 24, 2005

👽
Mobile prereg is out

https://www.taptap.io/app/231392

cage-free egghead
Mar 8, 2004

wtf is Taptap?

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

also I don't think I would ever play Gunfire on mobile, and I will never understand people who actually play any FPS on one.

Harminoff
Oct 24, 2005

👽

I think a Chinese app store. Torchlight had there beta on it as well. Only reason I have it and saw this pop up on there.

Evil Kit posted:

also I don't think I would ever play Gunfire on mobile, and I will never understand people who actually play any FPS on one.

Same, but cod works surprisingly well on mobile. Not sure how good this will be on mobile though or how it'll handle IAP.

Turin Turambar
Jun 5, 2011

Allow me to comment again about Roboquest, as it's on Game pass now.
Ok. So Roboquest is better now than when I played it time ago (on 0.5?). In fact for the price on sale (it’s right now on sale, on Steam) is a very decent buy.

Still, it’s inferior to Gunfire Reborn, and still for a decent amount, and I don’t see ever reaching the same level. They seem very tied to some bad core design decisions (like all enemies are bland, expressionless robots with a generic design), and things like that won't change when they are surely on the last push (0.8.6 is the current version) of development.

Some of the things I like:
I like the increased speed and mobility [in comparison with Gunfire].
I like there are no regenerating shields (although you can obtain a non-regenerating one), and that you are pushed toward using an aggressive playstyle as you need to get close to get the energy orbs for xp and for recovering a bit of health (it’s a bit like Dead Cells where you can recover some of the most immediate damage received).
I also like you can have a third weapon slot with a perk.
There isn’t a lot to grind to get access to everything.
The weapon variety is pretty good, with 50 different weapons.
They have four difficulties to choose from. Although imo they gap between the second an third, is too big.
And finally, while I complain of the enemies (samey in aspect, not very satisfying to kill), gameplay wise they have a decent variety. There are ones that slow you down, another that puts traps on the ground, one that fires a broad horizontal plasma line you have to avoid, another that uses a moving beam, or that throws energy grenades…

Still, in most areas Gunfire wins:
-Number of player classes, class differentiation and how fun they are in their special mechanics.
-Player build variety. By a substantial amount. I can't even compare. In fact in reality Roboquest is pretty light in the whole roguelike aspect.
-Sounds. Seriously, Gunfire surprised me in how crisp, punchy and overall satisfying everything sounds, as usually indie games are somewhat lacking in this area.
-Performance, as seen above.
-Weapons. Same number, but Gunfire wins as each tends to have more unique features, and while Roboquest weapons are pretty decent in feel (7.5.-8.5/10), Gunfire’s are still better (8.5-9.0).
-Another aspect that doesn’t convince me in Roboquest is the fact there is no ammo, balance-wise it makes all the weapons very close and interchangeable, while in Gunfire with the three types of ammo (with different size limits) it makes possible to have a powerful rocket launcher but with not a lot of ammo.
-Finally, weapons have more stats to be varied by inscriptions.
-More and better enemies, with fun designs, and with four different sets for the four different stages, instead of only one. And the affix system for the enemies, too.
-More engaging stage progression. I mean npcs like blacksmiths, shoppers; special chests that offer different tradeoffs, minibosses, traps, cursed chests, special challenges for the sub-stage, etc. Just the fact you get money and ammo while you play, unlike in Roboquest, and there are breakables, makes the game better.
-4 player coop instead of 2 player coop, if you are into mp. And more difficulties, too.
-More depth in combat, with things like the elemental damage system (+combos, +shield/armor effect, etc)

Im_Special
Jan 2, 2011

Look At This!!! WOW!
It's F*cking Nothing.
Yes, Gunfire is good, still good.

Turin Turambar
Jun 5, 2011

To my surprise, Roboquest doesn't allow to save & quit the current session. That's... not ideal.

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

New update dropped! Added a bunch of new Enhanced occult scrolls, tweaked some old ones and general bugfixes + optimizations. Got me back into playing to try and get the last two frames I need, went for the dog one and man.

Having to hold down M1 and M2 for almost 6 solid minutes is not fun. At least I had a silly build going that I didn't mind it so much, and I learned a few things like you can now switch weapons off the ground while dual wielding without ending the ability early! Or that area transitions/shopping/recycling don't stop it either!

Turin Turambar
Jun 5, 2011

[Frenzied Shark]
Changed it to automatic firing
Increased RoF: 156->220
Increased Projectile Speed: 25-> 35
Optimized its flying and bouncing projectile
Reduced Base DMG: 325->235

Damnit, when I saw the RoF buff I thought they finally intended to buff it, then I saw the reduced damage. Still, I guess it's now marginally better?

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

Probably same DPS, easier to hit and one less semi-auto weapon in the game. Honestly seems like a good change, I don't think they could have left it with its previous damage without being kinda too strong.

I'll probably go explosion dog to try it out sometime, seems pretty fun.

Noper Q
Nov 7, 2012
It also got a new exclusive inscription that makes the grenades explode when an enemy is in range, so it could be good, or at least fun.

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

that's the other reason I want to play it lol, if the grenades persist till an enemy triggers them suddenly they're even better.

Fishstick
Jul 9, 2005

The extra explosive damage scroll no longer being limited to non-elemental weapons is such a great buff for explosiondog. Did a double Tiger Cannon build yesterday and was a lot of fun.

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

well I did it, I got all the unlockable character frames. gently caress doing Cat's, that was a load of bullshit. Not only do you need a specific set of ascensions (level 3 +ball orb freeze duration, at least two extra orb charges, probably some orb AOE + barrier bypass), getting the right spiritual blessing (splinter orb), you also need to actually perfectly time chain freezing the elite which takes a bunch of practice (or a timer). If you have maxed out freeze duration it's roughly 6-7 seconds first time, 3 1/2 seconds for the second one, then just slam out orbs and pray.

I recommend an elite you can safely run around with easy to dodge ranged attacks so you can let its orb resistance reset if you gently caress it up. Seriously unfun to try and pull off.

At least I had a chance to run my fave cat build, smogbound melee Cat.

Turin Turambar
Jun 5, 2011

quote:

Our first DLC is currently under development, the content will include the long-awaited new hero, new weapons and so on. We are planning to release DLC in the third quarter of this year, and we’ll also keep on optimizing all the existing content.
As always, thank you all for your patience and support! Please stay tuned!

Occult Scroll
[Explosive Bullets]
Old: Non-elemental weapons have a 20% chance of causing an additional explosion, dealing DMG equivalent to 100% base Weapon DMG.
New: Non-elemental weapons will cause an additional explosion, dealing DMG equivalent to 100% weapon Base DMG (Cooldown 2s).

Reincarnation
Enhanced Occult Scrolls:
[Enhanced·Magic Watch]
Old: There's a 33% chance to reset the cooldown when you use Primary Skill or Dash, and a 15% chance to reset primary skill's cooldown upon using a Secondary Skill.
New: There is a 33% chance to reset the cooldown of both Dash and Primary Skill when you use either of them.

[Enhanced·Explosive Bullets]
Old: Weapons have a 20% chance of causing an additional explosion, dealing DMG equivalent to 100% base Weapon DMG.
New: Weapons will cause an additional explosion, dealing DMG equivalent to 100% weapon Base DMG (Cooldown 2s).

Spiritual Blessing
[Eye of Providence]
Old: Vaults and Peculiar Chests are visible on the minimap.
New: Vaults and Peculiar Chests are visible on the minimap, and you will be able to acquire one extra Peculiar Chest every Act.

[Fake Death]
Old: Grants you another chance of reviving yourself using soul essence.
New: Instead of falling immediately upon taking lethal DMG, you can enter a state of "Fake Death" for 10s, and you won't fall during this state. Killing any enemy will end the state early. (Cooldown 120s)

[Steady Profit]
Old: Upon gaining or consuming soul essence, obtain double the amount as copper.
New: You can purchase 2 Enhanced Occult Scrolls from Phantom Peddler.

[Painkiller]
Old: Convert all elemental effects applied to the hero to buffs with opposite effects.
New: Obtain a random elemental effect upon taking DMG, and convert all negative elemental effects applied to the hero to bonus with opposite effects.

[Royal Guard]
Old: Guarantees an elite monster at the end of a pre-BOSS stage.
New: Guarantees elite monster at the end of a pre-BOSS stage.

Note: The new effect may cause a large number of elite monsters to appear in [Anxi Desert], [Duo Fjord] and [Hyperborean Jokul].

[Overconsumption]
Old: +300% weapon and skill DMG. -5% weapon and skill DMG for every owned scroll; -20% weapon and skill DMG for every activated ascension. (DMG penalty won't exceed -300%)
New: +150% Weapon and Skill DMG, -30% Cooldown, +30% Movement Speed, +30 Max HP and Max Shield/Armor. For every Occult Scroll you carry, -3.3% total bonus mentioned above.

[Thorny Bloom]
Old:Deal Skill DMG to the enemy when the mark of [Fatal Bloom] vanishes. (DMG = Number of times extra DMG triggered within the mark duration * base [Fatal Bloom] DMG)
New: For every [Fatal Bloom] you gained, +40% [Fatal Bloom] Base DMG for 10s, up to 30 stacks. Deal one more Skill DMG to the enemy when the mark of [Fatal Bloom] vanishes.

Challenge Event
Added a Challenge Event “Innumerable elite monsters are coming!” in Reincarnation 8.

Hero
Ascension Adjustments:

Crown Prince:
[Acidic Explosion]: Explosion Radius changes from 5m→7m
[Energy Bolt]: The chance of multiple explosion increases.
Level 1: Increases chance of exploding twice from 30%→50%
Level 2: Increases chance of exploding twice from 30%→50%, exploding three times from 10%→20%
Level 3: Increases chance of exploding twice from 30%→50%, exploding three times from 20%→35%, exploding four times from 10%→15%.

Qing Yan:
[No Retreat]: Grants additional “immune to slows” effects.

Monsters
Added new affix to enhanced monsters:
[Bleed]: When a monster is dealing DMG to a player, it will also add a Bleeding debuff to the player.
[Armored]: The monster’s HP is converted to Shield/Armor.

Optimized the tracking projectile of [Longbowman] and [Bandit Retainer]. Now the turning speed of their projectiles will be lowed when they are close to players.

Tweaked [Elite Lobster] settings:
Added a new skill when entering battlefield: Bombard players who entered the battle scene randomly within a certain range.
Lowered the frequency of firing: 7->4, after firing right and lift, increase the artillery DMG: 100%-170%.
[Elite Lobster] will attack immediately for one time upon appearance.

Levels
Added a new random route in [Hyperborean Jokul - Stage 2].
Added a new [Snowy Fairyland] in [Hyperborean Jokul - Stage 2].
Optimized a new [Snowy Fairyland] in [Hyperborean Jokul - Stage 1].

Weapons
Added “Adjustable Magnification” for snipers.
Optimized Controller vibration for some weapons.

New Inscriptions
[Rainbow Arch] Exclusive: “Weapon Skill consumes all magazine ammo and deals higher DMG”.
[Dragonchaser] Exclusive: ”Launch 3 marks and all shots home in on the marks in sequence”.
[Icy Spear] Exclusive: “Increase total AoE over time”.
[Deafening Mortar] Exclusive: “Weapon skill consumes all magazine ammo and fires more mortar shells”.

New update!

Im_Special
Jan 2, 2011

Look At This!!! WOW!
It's F*cking Nothing.
Optimized DLC with optimized optimizations!

Turin Turambar
Jun 5, 2011

New update!

quote:

New Exclusive Inscriptions:
Justice: A lava area that continuously deals DMG to enemies in it will be generated upon the bomb hitting ground.
Strike Wing: %A split arrow leaves a mark upon hitting an enemy. +100% Lucky Shot Chance of the split arrow if it is generated through hitting an marked enemy.
Talisman: Grants consecutively fired talismans different elemental properties.
Argus: Generate a spirit upon your first hit on an enemy.The spirit will deal DMG to the enemies in a line when you hit a random enemy.
Woodpecker: A mark will be generated upon Crit Hit on a normal enemy. Hitting the mark will directly defeat the enemy.
Thunder Storm: -90% projectile speed of lightning ball, +300% Base DMG of the powered arc, and every lightning ball shot increases powered arc DMG and AoE(up to 4 stacks).
Scorching Rounds: Explosion AoE +3m, and explosions generated by hitting a block share explosion bonus.

Deleted the Exclusive Inscription:
Thunder Storm: The lightning ball will self explode when it's near multiple enemies

New Function:

[Adjustable Magnification] Settings
Allows adjusting the magnification through mouse-wheel when scope is on.

Reincarnation:

New Challenge Events in Reincarnation 8:
All enemies will transform into Mountain Guard or Arctic Walrus after being defeated!
60% of the DMG an enemy takes will take effect in the next 6s instead of immediately. The enemy will be exempted from remaining DMG that hasn't taken effect, once it deals DMG to a player.
Increase hero's movement speed, but take DMG equivalent to 10% of your total HP upon using Dash.
+50% DMG to enemies within 12m (including 12m), and deal only 1 DMG to enemies beyond 12m.
Enemies will be instantly defeated by a Crit Hit with Foundry. -80% DMG dealt with any other weapon.
Enemies gain a large movement speed bonus upon taking DMG, but the bonus will decay quickly.
The more types of Elemental Effects on one enemy, the less DMG it will take.
When keep dealing Weapon DMG or Skill DMG, the DMG dealt will decrease gradually. This effect will disappear if the other kind of DMG is dealt.

Challenge Events Adjustments in Reincarnation 8:
Old: Weapons won't trigger Fire/Lightning/Corrosion DMG in this area. The limited effect will be changed upon reloading.
New: Weapons won't trigger Fire/Lightning/Corrosion DMG in this area. The limited effect will be changed upon Dashing.

Monsters:

New Monster Affixes:
Loyal: An enhanced monster will take 50% DMG that players dealt to surrounding monsters, and only take 20% of the DMG it's supposed to take.

Im_Special
Jan 2, 2011

Look At This!!! WOW!
It's F*cking Nothing.

Cool! I always love having to redownload the ENTIRE game for an update.

Turin Turambar
Jun 5, 2011

Im_Special posted:

Cool! I always love having to redownload the ENTIRE game for an update.

So, like, a full 75 -80 seconds of wait?

Im_Special
Jan 2, 2011

Look At This!!! WOW!
It's F*cking Nothing.

Turin Turambar posted:

So, like, a full 75 -80 seconds of wait?

A Ha ha ha aaa, I'm Canadian!

Arzaac
Jan 2, 2020

I picked this up after a bit and decided to actually get into reincarnation mode now that I have the skill tree mostly maxed out. Shits really fun, actually!

Won my first R1 game with Bird and the Blessing that buffs leap. My damage kinda sucked but it didn't matter because I was almost completely invincible: leap had a short cooldown, made me invulnerable for 2 seconds on use, had a 50% chance to immediately refresh when I used it, and cleave would reduce its cool down by 50%. I failed the Pole Monarch dps check and it just straight up didn't matter because he really didn't hit me in phase 3.

Probably gonna keep scaling the reincarnation levels and swapping characters to check out all the cool new poo poo they get.

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

reincarnation is when the game really opens up and starts blasting the fun out, you can do some silly poo poo with spiritual blessings that you sometimes wouldn't even expect. Have fun!

Fair warning, anything above Reincarnation 5 starts to become actually challenging and a measure of whether you understand how to dodge enemies and target priority, as well as how to make optimal dps stuff happen.

Fishstick
Jul 9, 2005

R8 is mostly a gently caress you on the first level. I fuckin hate those crossbow guys, shooting through enemies in narrow areas filled with traps and explosion effects from the half dozen grenadiers.

Still the most fun difficulty though, some of the blessing builds can get ridiculous.

Turin Turambar
Jun 5, 2011

The game is having very good support. Another new update today, making the builds even more varied:

https://store.steampowered.com/news/app/1217060/view/3350130288797718560

"In this Update, 5 new Exclusive Spiritual Blessing, 10 new Occult Scroll and some enemy Affixes are added. We also adjusted the quality and effect of some scrolls.

About the upcoming DLC, which will be released in the third quarter this year, we are now preparing new heroes, new weapons and new game mode for you so please stay tuned. The timetable and our plan of upcoming DLCs and free updates will be released Next Week. Thank you all for your patience and support!"

Also the game is on sale.

Turin Turambar
Jun 5, 2011

New roadmap

I expected the dlc to come in Fall, instead of Summer, so that's early.

Harminoff
Oct 24, 2005

👽

Turin Turambar posted:

New roadmap

I expected the dlc to come in Fall, instead of Summer, so that's early.

What do they mean by 3 new modes?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Im_Special
Jan 2, 2011

Look At This!!! WOW!
It's F*cking Nothing.
Probably means we'll just get some generic type stuff that have already been done to death in similar games from this genre, an "Endless Mode", a "Boss Rush", etc. Here's hoping they'll do a "Randomization" of some kind, so I don't always have to start out on Act 1. Mix that poo poo up!