Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

the face

won

?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values
I think the version of Modest with no lyrics is a perfectly cool wrestling theme.

The version with lyrics is obviously a masterpiece.

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova

Digital Jedi posted:

I'm honestly shocked Naomi and Sonya are having a legit match

They've been spinning their wheels on this story since August and decided to do a clean straightforward match with the face winning the night before their second biggest PPV of the year. I really wanna know what made them pick today to go "Hey, what if as a change of pace we booked this in a normal way?"

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

and then they declared for the rumble

all this drama over how to get to 30 women and they weren't in yet

Sigma
Aug 24, 2003

Grimey Drawer

Vertical Lime posted:

quarterly earnings are next week

Everyone start making a spreadsheet of people in the rumble and people released next Friday

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

Sigma posted:

Everyone start making a spreadsheet of people in the rumble and people released next Friday

WWE’s roster going to a seasonal model like retail gearing up for the holidays would be pretty fuckin lame, but would be the kind of radical soulless corporate move Nick Khan might come up with

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

please stop saying shanky, holy poo poo.

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.

Hirez posted:

remember when Shayna took out like the entire elimination chamber with ease, then ever since then has been a super jobber loser

She was tag team champions forever during this period

Macksy
Oct 20, 2008
Cant wait for VEER to win the rumble

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
do I dig Seth's suit?

yes, yes I dig Seth's suit

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
Usually how much I enjoy an AEW episode is inversely related to how long the olds are on the show. But I am pretty confident Bucks and Hardy’s have at least one more good match against each other so they won’t be on instant fast forward.

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real
So what devices allow you to pause/rewind PPVs these days on peacock?

Last time I subscribed to Peacock only my iPhone allowed me to do it, but my Roku devices couldn’t.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
I don't know if it works live, but Apple TV does on the replays.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

Rick posted:

Usually how much I enjoy an AEW episode is inversely related to how long the olds are on the show. But I am pretty confident Bucks and Hardy’s have at least one more good match against each other so they won’t be on instant fast forward.

If I was WWE I would hold Edge close and tight and never let him go (for a few years) because Hardys vs. The Bucks vs. Edge and Christian would probably not be something they would want to allow to happen.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

1glitch0 posted:

If I was WWE I would hold Edge close and tight and never let him go (for a few years) because Hardys vs. The Bucks vs. Edge and Christian would probably not be something they would want to allow to happen.

Just had the cursed thought that Edge's deal is up in a year and The Dudleys are free agents.

Don't worry Buh Buh Ray Dudley has talked himself out of even that one time nostalgia pay day.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

MassRafTer posted:

Just had the cursed thought that Edge's deal is up in a year and The Dudleys are free agents.

Don't worry Buh Buh Ray Dudley has talked himself out of even that one time nostalgia pay day.

D'von's sons will take the Dudley Boys' place

DEAR RICHARD
Feb 5, 2009

IT'S TIME FOR MY TOOLS
what happened on smackdown?

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

What happened on what now?

Tweak
Jul 28, 2003

or dont whatever

roman reigns was finally acknowledged and wwe ended

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
ROYAL RUMBLE!!

Zombie Lemur
Jul 6, 2009

Empyrean empties

MassRafTer posted:

Pretty sure D'von has said that he and Bubba don't really talk anymore.

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

Erebus posted:

With all AEW has going for it, I don't get why the thing WWE is scared of is a Hardy Boyz reunion

tbh when they returned at wrestlemania like almost a dozen lapsed wwe people in my circles tuned into the monday after and maybe watched for 3 or 4 weeks before turning it off again because it sucked

Hirez posted:

remember when Shayna took out like the entire elimination chamber with ease, then ever since then has been a super jobber loser

i do, she was set up as a big bad and it was kinda really cool

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Rick posted:

Imagine skipping Sting matches

Shrimpy
May 18, 2004

Sir, I'm going to need to see your ticket.

1glitch0 posted:

But would he go by Adam Copeland or Edge Cage?

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

Shrimpy posted:

Edge And.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Sexton Hardcastle

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Mr Phoenix

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

Lol at having Sasha make her big anticipated return the night before the Rumble and not during the Rumble itself. Incredible work.

Golden Bee posted:

She was tag team champions forever during this period

The women's tag team titles are even more worthless than the 24/7 title.

Edge & Christian
May 20, 2001

Earth-1145 is truly the best!
A world of singing, magic frogs,
high adventure, no shitposters

Shrimpy posted:

The Canadian Wolf Edgie Edgewards

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

Sonya v Naomi was fantastic

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

https://whatculture.com/amp/wwe/vince-mcmahons-mother-dies-aged-101

Vince’s mom passed.

collocation
Jun 17, 2018

Eat My Fuc posted:

It was weird to see WWE do something correctly.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 9 hours!

Eat My Fuc posted:

Great to hear. Both are really cool

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

One time a guy stole some downhill skis out of my jeep and I was so mad I punched a mailbox. I'm against crime, and I'm not ashamed to admit it.

1glitch0 posted:

Edge And.

Ed Jand.

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Shrimpy posted:

Corner

Catpetter1981
Apr 9, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Whatculture reported that Vince McMahon's mother has passed away -
https://whatculture.com/wwe/vince-mcmahons-mother-dies-aged-101

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

drat 101, not too shabby

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

I wonder if HHH is invited to the funeral given his history