Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

X JAKK
Sep 1, 2000

We eat the pig then together we BURN
I woke up this morning and thought to myself, you know what the world really needs right now? A Disney+ series about Tim Allen's The Santa Clause.

https://deadline.com/2022/01/the-santa-clause-elizabeth-mitchell-disney-series-mrs-clause-1234921373/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018
Women are wonderful animals, they should be making music and writing novels about having a complex relationship with your mother.

IUG posted:

For Christmas my wife got me this IMDB poster with the top 100 user voted movies on it. It's a scratch off poster, so you can mark it off as you go through. We decided to watch or rewatch everything on the poster (except for "American Beauty", we both watched that film already once in our life, and we're not going to rewatch a movie where Kevin Spacey wants to gently caress a teenager). We're doing one a weekend, and watching them in a random order. We started with Casablanca, last week was North by Northwest, and tonight will be Once Upon a Time in America.

It's top 100 user submitted ratings, so there's stuff on there like Joker that I'm not looking forward to at all. There's also some anime in there like "Your Name" that my wife is dreading (I've never seen it either). So AGH might like this poster since it contains sex pervert films.

lmao Your Name is a Makoto Shinkai movie, and Makoto Shinkai movies are definitely not sex pervert movies. Yoshiyuki Tomino has a fantastic quote about them.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Gripweed posted:

lmao Your Name is a Makoto Shinkai movie, and Makoto Shinkai movies are definitely not sex pervert movies.

A GLISTENING HODOR posted:

Not all sex pervert films are anime.

But all anime are sex pervert films.

Stink Billyums
Jul 7, 2006

MAGNUM
Your Name is great and made more money in Japan than every Ghibli movie but Spirited Away.

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!
Makoto Shinkai owns. Makoto Shinkai is also a sex pervert. The world is contrasts

Edit: Finally getting around to playing No More Heroes 3 and it contains Takashi Miike voicing himself. That was a fun surprise.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Stink Billyums posted:

Your Name is great and made more money in Japan than every Ghibli movie but Spirited Away.

Only to be dethroned by Demon Slayer: The Movie, which, honestly, is a better movie.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Finally, the origin story of Mike's love for squibs

Barudak
May 7, 2007

There are so many absolutely loving awful decisions in the Total Recall reboot but one of the funniest is getting bullied by China to change the story but seemingly kept all the chinese influenced art assets so the UK appears to have forced Australia to speak chinese as a joke.

Galewolf
Jan 9, 2007

The human gallbladder is indeed a puzzle!

Barudak posted:

There are so many absolutely loving awful decisions in the Total Recall reboot but one of the funniest is getting bullied by China to change the story but seemingly kept all the chinese influenced art assets so the UK appears to have forced Australia to speak chinese as a joke.

Lmao, didn't knew this :discourse:

Galewolf
Jan 9, 2007

The human gallbladder is indeed a puzzle!
Biggest media organisation in the world: We can't have China as colonisers despite our initial vision :/

Two schlubs from Milwaukee while drunk on Dan Akroyd's Crystal Head Vodka: "Dear Chinamen, you can't watch this movie [GB2016] because your government thinks it's witchcraft"

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

The only way to get huge fast is to insult a passing witch and hope she curses you with Beast-strength.

Barudak posted:

Its really bad and makes clear what is reality and dream like not even half-way into the movie and completely wastes Bryan Cranston

Almost every movie with Cranston wastes him. The only one I can think of that didn’t was Drive, which obv is god-tier everywhere

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie

Castor Poe posted:

Johnny Knoxville should've won an Oscar for drinking horse cum, which is far more brave an impressive than eating raw fish (see The Revenant).

The horse cum and the drinking sweat gag are the closest times I've come to puking from seeing something gross in a movie to TV.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

poisonpill posted:

Almost every movie with Cranston wastes him. The only one I can think of that didn’t was Drive, which obv is god-tier everywhere

Godzilla killing him off and making Kick-rear end the main guy is one of the most bizarre movie choices I've ever seen.

kdrudy
Sep 19, 2009

PostNouveau posted:

Finally, the origin story of Mike's love for squibs

June is a delight

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Oh poo poo, Gul Dukat was in Total Recall!

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Who taught Rich all this science? Scientist Man doing private tutoring now?

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

The only way to get huge fast is to insult a passing witch and hope she curses you with Beast-strength.

Mike is th e kind of guy who would perfectly recite a line of Julius Caesar from memory, like he says movies are bad but “the fault is not in our stars but in ourselves”, and Rich would say “wow, I didn’t know you read Shakespeare” but Mike would just get confused because it’s a line he remembers from Dtar Trak

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
anime jokes aside, Your Name is a loving great movie. No more talking poo poo on it sight unseen you hear me :cop:

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:

PostNouveau posted:

Oh poo poo, Gul Dukat was in Total Recall!

he's also in Naked Gun 3

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

yes and they actually showed it, unexpected but a pretty good way to inform the audience that Plot Armor isn't strong as you thought :ssh:

Anyway it wasn't the spite 8/10 I wanted it to be but I'd say the first movie, 1994, was a solid like, 6? Watchable, I don't regret it, it's seriously Goosebumps with the occasional reminder they went for an R rating for whatever reason lol

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
https://mobile.twitter.com/DiscussingFilm/status/1487194702105436168

wish I was joking and/or dead

Your Gay Uncle
Feb 16, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
https://youtu.be/NeK10F6iA8E

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

Lmfao

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Just saw an ad for "Marry Me" and fuckin lmao

quote:

Pop superstar Kat Valdez is about to get married before an audience of her loyal fans. However, seconds before the ceremony, she learns about her fiance's cheating ways and has a meltdown on stage. In a moment of inspired insanity, Kat locks eyes with a total stranger in the crowd and marries him on the spot. As forces conspire to separate the unlikely newlyweds, they must soon decide if two people from such different worlds can find true love together

Jennifer Lopez, Owen Wilson

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

SilvergunSuperman posted:

Can’t wait

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
They better not have hosed with the Pupkin guy's wonderful writing too much 😤

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

Moola posted:

Lmao I just watched the Mandalorian episode of Boba Fett (who doesn't appear once in the entire episode)

They very obviously spent 90% of their budget on this episode lol

My favorite part was when Mando looks at the camera and says "wizard". I'm not making this up this actually happens

It was wizard though

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

Isn't the Mars NASA photos color corrected in such a way to simulate a blue sky and what the landscape would look like under it?

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018
Women are wonderful animals, they should be making music and writing novels about having a complex relationship with your mother.

SilvergunSuperman posted:

Now that sounds like a horny anime.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

I doubt half of these get made

Like the Barbie project is well underway, but some of those ones towards the bottom? Doubt it.

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

Out here, everything hurts

anyone who played with a Betsy Wetsy doll as a child is at least 90 years old or dead

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

assuming from the name it’s a baby doll that pees itself, sounds like a thrilling movie adventure

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.

Aardvark! posted:

anime jokes aside, Your Name is a loving great movie. No more talking poo poo on it sight unseen you hear me :cop:
gently caress you cop

Your Name is about poo poo from an rear end and is watched by the same people

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004

Cowcaster posted:

assuming from the name it’s a baby doll that pees itself, sounds like a thrilling movie adventure

It will get an enthusiastic endorsement from Donald Trump, at least :pisstape:

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Gutcruncher posted:

Makoto Shinkai owns. Makoto Shinkai is also a sex pervert. The world is contrasts

Edit: Finally getting around to playing No More Heroes 3 and it contains Takashi Miike voicing himself. That was a fun surprise.

He's in 2 as well.

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

Cubone posted:

gently caress you cop

Your Name is about poo poo from an rear end and is watched by the same people

You're just mad that it beat your precious Star Wars at the Japanese box office :smuggo:

but don't worry according to Wikipedia!

quote:

A live-action remake by Paramount Pictures set in the United States is currently in development.

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

here's an actual opinion about your name: it's alright. I don't remember much about it except for a really funny joke early in the movie involving the film's gimmick. it was cute as far as twee romance stories go but there are few moments that dip into unbearably saccharine territory. as I'm writing this out and remembering the plot I'm reminded of what cubone said upthread about Rian Johnson's tendency to make the third act a complete non-sequitur—the twist in the middle of the movie gave me the reaction of "oh okay, I guess we're doing this now." I give it 3 kalel no's out of 7

source: I was dragged to the theatre by my weeb friends to see it. it was better than 5 centimeters per second at least

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

NTRabbit posted:

It was wizard though

I like his new ship, its sexy as hell

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

Rinkles posted:

Seems it was "The computer wore tennis shoes", a lot of the elements fit. Featuring a very young Kurt Russell.
You might have been remembering the remake from the 90s starring Kirk Cameron, because of course that's a thing that exists.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

I remember watching the first half of the Russell one but forgot to tune in next week

Lousy Disney