Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Silly Newbie
Jul 25, 2007
How do I?

Does...does this dude know that the regular US (suburban) land parcel in the US is .5 acres, and there's not nearly enough arable land in the US for this to work?
I've answered my own question, haven't I.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Josef bugman
Nov 17, 2011

Pictured: Poster prepares to celebrate Holy Communion (probablY)

This avatar made possible by a gift from the Religionthread Posters Relief Fund

Skwirl posted:

Shooting striking miners in the face and saying the miners are at fault for getting shot.

Ellie Trashcakes posted:

Striking miners being murdered by police and how it was all their fault

Thank you both but also Jesus Christ that is awful.

Mae
Aug 1, 2010

Supesudandi wa, kukan-nai no dandidesu

Silly Newbie posted:

Does...does this dude know that the regular US (suburban) land parcel in the US is .5 acres, and there's not nearly enough arable land in the US for this to work?

I mean, according to one of the previous threads, he said you could gross $200 000 / acre in farmers market vegetables "if you really hustled", so I don't think this guy has even seen a farm.

I did the math and to reach that rate on a decent cash crop you'd need to get 50x the yield I would expect to get off that type of land

Sandweed
Sep 7, 2006

All your friends are me.

Splash Attack posted:

my mom raises chickens in our backyard and one of the other problems is that they are delicious to so many animals

i watched one of our chickens dodge being dive bombed by a hawk

Yeah same, I grew up semi rural and we had chickens and bees. One time a badger got into the hen house and killed like half of them.

PancakeTransmission
May 27, 2007

You gotta improvise, Lisa: cloves, Tom Collins mix, frozen pie crust...

Plaster Town Cop

This whole thread is a goldmine
https://twitter.com/JDTrader64/status/1433775235686408195

quote:

You're the FOOD Network...not the Political View Network. Did he make disparaging remarks about broccoli or something? I'm sure there are a lot of food people who have appeared on your network that have varying views on many issues. What the hell does that have to do with FOOD?

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

oh don't worry, I can't smell asparagus piss, it's in my DNA

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

That tweet response works pretty well if you hear it as an angry George Costanza rant.

Capt.Whorebags
Jan 10, 2005

Silly Newbie posted:

Every now and then an article pops up about how a household is living "off the grid and completely sustainably" because they grow all their own food, use solar power, built a rammed earth or hay bale house etc.

Sure it may be sustainable for one family (it's not) but it is just not possible for 7 billion people. I mean, nothing is sustainable for 7 billion people, but industrialised production and high density cities is usually the most efficient way to use resources for the human population.

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠
https://twitter.com/RealCandaceO/status/1487107786609676289

Of course Candice Owens thinks the moon landing is fake.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

"Just some light-hearted fun: what's your favourite thing to blame on the Jews?"

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Splash Attack posted:

my mom raises chickens in our backyard and one of the other problems is that they are delicious to so many animals

i watched one of our chickens dodge being dive bombed by a hawk

One time a hawk managed to dive bomb a sparrow on my driveway. I only saw the aftermath but them birds get hungry

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Capt.Whorebags posted:

Every now and then an article pops up about how a household is living "off the grid and completely sustainably" because they grow all their own food, use solar power, built a rammed earth or hay bale house etc.

Sure it may be sustainable for one family (it's not) but it is just not possible for 7 billion people. I mean, nothing is sustainable for 7 billion people, but industrialised production and high density cities is usually the most efficient way to use resources for the human population.

We produce enough food for about 10 billion people right now. We could feed and shelter everyone on earth in a way that is ecologically feasible, but :capitalism:

nurmie
Dec 8, 2019

Anora posted:

Ah yes, of course. Thinking that the crowning achievement of one's country is fake is a mark of a true patriot

Some Pinko Commie
Jun 9, 2009

CNC! Easy as 1️⃣2️⃣3️⃣!
Anybody know where to share this so that the dumbass poll gets blown apart like the last one? Only four hours left on it.

https://twitter.com/RepThomasMassie/status/1487427784179961863?s=20&t=P_DtgfSn7JUxsOULcZoV1g

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Coolness Averted posted:

That tweet response works pretty well if you hear it as an angry George Costanza rant.

Oh good, I'm not the only one who read that in Jason Alexander's voice

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out

biracial bear for uncut posted:

Anybody know where to share this so that the dumbass poll gets blown apart like the last one? Only four hours left on it.

https://twitter.com/RepThomasMassie/status/1487427784179961863?s=20&t=P_DtgfSn7JUxsOULcZoV1g

DailyKos people are usually good at Freeping a poll.

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Grey Worm's Ken doll-like groin throbbed with the anticipatory pleasure that only a slightly warm and moist piece of lemoncake could offer

Young Orc
https://twitter.com/ohjessicamarie/status/1487450123999367168?s=20&t=FFxYESsn6nHTQve2UEA_pw

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

^ :argh:

https://twitter.com/libertyismetal/status/1487251701480443915

https://twitter.com/libertyismetal/status/1487448196779548675

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

That wasn't my point, I just wanted to slip in an attack on my enemies while making my point, which I also failed to make because I had none :mad:

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

nurmie posted:

Ah yes, of course. Thinking that the crowning achievement of one's country is fake is a mark of a true patriot

One of the main reasons I absolutely believe the moon landing was real is just that it was a dick measuring contest with the Soviets and the Soviets never said it was fake. And they had pretty badly infiltrated our intelligence agencies at that point, and I kinda think they CIA would know if the moon landing was fake.

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

Skwirl posted:

One of the main reasons I absolutely believe the moon landing was real is just that it was a dick measuring contest with the Soviets and the Soviets never said it was fake. And they had pretty badly infiltrated our intelligence agencies at that point, and I kinda think they CIA would know if the moon landing was fake.

Yeah it's this. Even if you distrust NASA and the astronauts and scientists you'd also have to assume the USSR went along with the conspiracy for some reason.

Which like probably isn't too unusual in the "secret Jewish world government" types I guess.

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out
And China. If the moon landing was faked, and for some reason the USSR chose to keep it quiet back then, the idea that China wouldn’t have spilled the beans on it anytime in the last 30 years that they’ve been able to get other top-secret US government poo poo…

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Josef bugman
Nov 17, 2011

Pictured: Poster prepares to celebrate Holy Communion (probablY)

This avatar made possible by a gift from the Religionthread Posters Relief Fund

I don't understand what is going on here?

moonmazed
Dec 27, 2021

by VideoGames
jesus christ i didn't know survivor was still on. surely they've exhausted every isolated area by now and are on Survivor: Central Park

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Josef bugman posted:

I don't understand what is going on here?

He's saying that the world #1 women's tennis player actually isn't a very good player and then pivoting that attention to try get someone one survivor. The hype around Ash Barty is pretty big but that is because she is showing all the signs of being able to knock Serena Williams off as the GOAT with a few more years under her belt.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

moonmazed posted:

jesus christ i didn't know survivor was still on. surely they've exhausted every isolated area by now and are on Survivor: Central Park

Survivor: North Sentinel Island

Pththya-lyi
Nov 8, 2009

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020
Survivor: Sea of Tranquility

GWBBQ
Jan 2, 2005

Anora posted:

Naturally she would, she and a lot of right wing grifters, activists, and even candidates in office (Boebert) were hired from talent agencies. Who knows what, if anything, they actually believe? all they know is that it's showbiz and what to say to get the checks.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
The challenge of Survivor these days is to fight off the rival crews trying to shoot copycat shows at the same locations.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

steinrokkan posted:

The challenge of Survivor these days is to fight off the rival crews trying to shoot copycat shows at the same locations.

This would be a fun mockumentary

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

GWBBQ posted:

Naturally she would, she and a lot of right wing grifters, activists, and even candidates in office (Boebert) were hired from talent agencies. Who knows what, if anything, they actually believe? all they know is that it's showbiz and what to say to get the checks.

fighting :tinfoil: with :tinfoil:

IncredibleIgloo
Feb 17, 2011

moonmazed posted:

Since season 33 they have been filming at the Mamanuca Islands, Fiji. They are entering season 41. Important to note that this does not mean they have been there for the last 8 years, as Survivor does 2 seasons a year during non-covid times.

GWBBQ
Jan 2, 2005

kazil posted:

https://twitter.com/nicole_chenelle/status/1422449854224031745?t=XIPCt6I93InKO4Jt8QaQrg&s=19

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

Survivor: Busta Rhymes Island

OPAONI
Jul 23, 2021

kazil posted:

This one isn't that crazy. A lot of right wing media figures have profiles from before they were famous with one particular agency.

snergle
Aug 3, 2013

A kind little mouse!

GWBBQ posted:

wasnt candance a left wing person then said some poo poo people didnt like then when called out on it doubled down then she went full chud as an act to grift that cash? shes been at it so long she probably believes alot of it now but maybe not

IncredibleIgloo posted:

Everyone I know who has egg laying hens is always giving away eggs because they end up with too many. I cannot loving fathom the logistics if you had 35 egg laying hens. What a pain in the rear end it would be. Eventually people would say, this is a real pain, maybe it would be easier to have this all done in a central location so we can more easily distribute the eggs to people and places where they are needed.

my friend in hs was a small time chicken farmer and his grandpa just sold all the eggs to the local coop. who then packaged and sold them and gave him produce past its prime to help feed to the chickens. you can distribute eggs with out factory farming is my point.

snergle has a new favorite as of 20:36 on Jan 29, 2022

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

OPAONI posted:

This one isn't that crazy. A lot of right wing media figures have profiles from before they were famous with one particular agency.

Failed actors/models move on to be right wing grifters is a whole lot different than shadowy figures are hiring actors to be right wing grifters.

Kaiju Cage Match
Nov 5, 2012

Ben Shapiro is clearly a failed Hollywood scriptwriter, his 6'4 BEAR OF A MILITARY MAN novel sounds like the script to a lovely action film.

poly and open-minded
Nov 22, 2006

In BOD we trust

GWBBQ posted:

I've seen the screenshots of this but has it been substantiated by more reputable sources? It sort of seems like disinfo to me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

👰Proč bychom se netěšili🥰když nám Pán Bůh🙌🏻zdraví dá💪?
https://twitter.com/curator1of1/status/1487364584516239369

If it’s on the blockchain it’s real!