Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Kingo Ligma posted:

Glad to hear it. That Boba ep was way more shittily directed and edited than anything in Mando. The pacing was atrocious and for some reason Amy Sedaris was playing a Michael Bay character.

Amy Sedaris is really funny, but yeah the tone of that character is a good bit off

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

My anime recommendation is Angel's Egg.

Pretty much an hour of this.

TIP
Mar 21, 2006

Your move, creep.

holy poo poo they used footage from my old job

when mike talks about the airport scanners they show some news footage of an x-ray with a KOIN6 bug in the corner

I used to make graphics for that news station

its all nice on rice
Nov 12, 2006

Sweet, Salty Goodness.

Buglord

Tip posted:

holy poo poo they used footage from my old job

when mike talks about the airport scanners they show some news footage of an x-ray with a KOIN6 bug in the corner

I used to make graphics for that news station

Time to demand royalties. Mike can live with without a bottle or two.

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

The only way to get huge fast is to insult a passing witch and hope she curses you with Beast-strength.

PostNouveau posted:

Amy Sedaris is really funny, but yeah the tone of that character is a good bit off

Yeah, some weird mechanic... is her character supposed to be funny? Or am I just thinking that because it's Sedaris?

Scallop Eyes
Oct 16, 2021

Ramrod Hotshot posted:

"Why did Kate Beckinsdale - is it Beckinsdale or Beckinsale?"

"It's Kate Beckinsale"

"Why did Kate Beckinsdale..."

I found it weird that Mike didn't dwell more on this , but I guess just letting the viewers realize on their own is funnier.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

if he hadn't of pointed it out rich would've never realized that he said dennis quaid

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

poisonpill posted:

Yeah, some weird mechanic... is her character supposed to be funny? Or am I just thinking that because it's Sedaris?

I don't think the character is really supposed to be particularly funny, but Sedaris is definitely trying to turn the character funny, and it's not working.

And her choice to make the character turbo-midwest for some reason.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Barudak posted:

There are so many absolutely loving awful decisions in the Total Recall reboot but one of the funniest is getting bullied by China to change the story but seemingly kept all the chinese influenced art assets so the UK appears to have forced Australia to speak chinese as a joke.

It's so loving dumb, lmao

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

poisonpill posted:

She's very charming but Star Wars humor is usually a lot more dry than what she's doing. I mean, outside of the prequels anyway.

Dr. Thoss
Aug 22, 2011

i am a doctor. my name is thoss.

Space Kablooey posted:

Rlm had to walk so cinema sins could run

ban this sick filth

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Barudak posted:

There are so many absolutely loving awful decisions in the Total Recall reboot but one of the funniest is getting bullied by China to change the story but seemingly kept all the chinese influenced art assets so the UK appears to have forced Australia to speak chinese as a joke.

Lol they were originally gonna do a "dig a hole to china, except literally" concept?

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

Dabir posted:

Junji Ito's work isn't good to begin with

:wrong:

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

how can you say rlm is mid since 2019 when the rich and mike watch star trek videos started in 2020

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

The only way to get huge fast is to insult a passing witch and hope she curses you with Beast-strength.

When did Mike read that kids joke book to rich evans

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

That DICK! posted:

how can you say rlm is mid since 2019 when the rich and mike watch star trek videos started in 2020

That was pretty hilarious if only for seeing how quickly they ran out of episodes they actually liked.

Two guys who ostensibly love "classic" Trek managed to come up with almost 15 episodes between the two of them, out of seven 20-odd episode seasons of TNG.

infernal machines fucked around with this message at 00:31 on Jan 30, 2022

stillvisions
Oct 15, 2014

I really should have come up with something better before spending five bucks on this.

No Mods No Masters posted:

Brutal that not even a total recall discussion where rich evans can't pronounce words can really disrupt anime chat. Feels like the forums equivalent of antibiotics slowly losing effectiveness

I feel like it's hard to have a lot to discuss about such controversial takes as "the original Total Recall was really good, and the remake was pretty meh".

But bits like this always remind me how nobody batted an eyelash at how shockingly violent big action movies were during that time.

Vakal posted:

Davy Jones is still my favorite pure CGI character for looks.

I think most of his scenes taking place on a dark, foggy boat helps as well.

CGI has always been a matter of "choose your battles wisely". It's why Pixar started with movies about plastic/metal toys and cars.

Sankara
Jul 18, 2008

infernal machines posted:

That was pretty hilarious if only for seeing how quickly they ran out of episodes they actually liked.

Two guys who ostensibly love "classic" Trek managed to come up with almost 15 episodes between the two of them, out of seven 20-odd episode seasons of TNG.

They were doing Top 10 lists. Of course there was some overlap. That's not surprising.

Radio Help
Mar 22, 2007

ChipChip? 

Quantum of Phallus posted:

RLM content has been mid since 2019, hate to say it but it’s the truth

hey man I mean i think all of their poo poo has been pretty solid all the way through but then again I'm mostly just into this series cuz I have this sneaking suspicion that Rich is gonna go full Joclyen Wildenstein sometime in the intermediate future

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

do you understand how lists work

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

No Mods No Masters posted:

a total recall discussion where rich evans can't pronounce words

Best part was when he asked how to pronounce Kate Beckinsale's last name, Mike told him, and then he immediately pronounced it wrong anyway.

Edit: Holy poo poo I missed an entire page.

Radio Help
Mar 22, 2007

ChipChip? 

if memory serves it took like three weeks for them to actually finish that arc. Jay and Mike are actually very good editors so... I mean what, did you want them to a breakdown of all like 7 seasons of the show?

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

Jesus, all this time I would have sworn her name is Beckinsdale.

I’m having a real Mandela effect moment here.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

do you mean manela effect?

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

do you mean manela effec?

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

Scallop Eyes posted:

I found it weird that Mike didn't dwell more on this , but I guess just letting the viewers realize on their own is funnier.

I assumed it was an edit by Stoklasa

Escape Goat
Jan 30, 2009

Ramrod Hotshot posted:

"Why did Kate Beckinsdale - is it Beckinsdale or Beckinsale?"

"It's Kate Beckinsale"

"Why did Kate Beckinsdale..."

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

wait it's not Katie Beckinsdale?

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Scallop Eyes posted:

rydiafan posted:

Best part was when he asked how to pronounce Kate Beckinsale's last name, Mike told him, and then he immediately pronounced it wrong anyway.

Edit: Holy poo poo I missed an entire page.

Both times he says Beckinsdale are identical. Rich definitely said the full sentence wrong the first time, then asked afterwards, and whoever was editing had some fun with it.

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

Space Kablooey posted:

It’s not Beckinsdale anymore, as of today.

Somehow, that bastard Mike Stoklasa has got Google and IMDB in on it too.

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:
You dorks it was a very obvious audio edit on Rich pronouncing it wrong again. He pronounced it right the second time, Mike edited the earlier bit where he said it wrong in its place.

DiHK
Feb 4, 2013

by Azathoth

Space Kablooey posted:

You guys are dumb. Its Katie, Beck and Dale.

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

KakerMix posted:

You dorks it was a very obvious audio edit on Rich pronouncing it wrong again. He pronounced it right the second time, Mike edited the earlier bit where he said it wrong in its place.

That was already posted, how embarrassing for you.

Eight-Six
Oct 26, 2007

Radio Help posted:

if memory serves it took like three weeks for them to actually finish that arc. Jay and Mike are actually very good editors so... I mean what, did you want them to a breakdown of all like 7 seasons of the show?

yes

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

That DICK! posted:

do you understand how lists work

I do, and they were making GBS threads on half the episodes in their own lists by the end of it. These were their favourite episodes that they specifically chose to talk about

infernal machines fucked around with this message at 03:42 on Jan 30, 2022

Hackers film 1995
Nov 4, 2009

Hack the planet!

Space Kablooey posted:

speaking of kat benklinate i watched a movie she starred in called jolt that was trying to rip off crank and a hundred other better films and it was not good. it took place in a land where everyone has a different accent that totally wasnt romania or bulgaria

Andro Dunos
Dec 11, 2003

I'm surprised those fat nerds don't know that a bunch of the weird scenes in Total Recall are lifted from Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy, from the towel on the head to the infamous three-breasted whore.

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

lmao @ "I guess we should have read the book. We're terrible at our jobs."

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Arc Hammer posted:

Lol they were originally gonna do a "dig a hole to china, except literally" concept?

Yes.

But this is also a film where the leader of a government who has remote control killer robots he is going to use to commit mass genocide against his people's serfs that can be remotely activated from the safety of the other side of the world decides that he, and only he, should travel with said killer robots to what he is going to turn into an active warzone.

The flying cars in the movie don't fly, they're magnetized to tracks like very expensive slot cars except they ride on the bottom of the highway and the highway is built for no loving reason way up in the air presumably to make sure literally everyone using it dies as messily as possible and takes out as many people below them as possible if there is a system failure of any kind.

Edit: gently caress, I forgot the killer robots are being built where they're going to be used but they're shipped to villain country and then shipped back again because why not? Why shouldn't we use the most expensive transit system ever conceived when we don't have to

Barudak fucked around with this message at 04:22 on Jan 30, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endless Trash
Aug 12, 2007

Barudak posted:

Yes.
The flying cars in the movie don't fly, they're magnetized to tracks like very expensive slot cars except they ride on the bottom of the highway and the highway is built for no loving reason way up in the air presumably to make sure literally everyone using it dies as messily as possible and takes out as many people below them as possible if there is a system failure of any kind.

Total Recall predicted Elon Musk