Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

i'm gonna play a paladin and support all goons to the best of my ability

thank you for coming to my ted talk

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pogue_Mahone
Aug 23, 2007

Pissehead in the Making
Don't know what class to choose. Was going to go Paladin due to support apparently being a rare main on the KR/RU servers. From what I can see a hell of a lot of people are saying they are going support for the EU/NA release though... imagine if the servers are all paladongs and no dps... :madmax:

Pragmatica
Apr 1, 2003
the NA east goon guild is just gonna be named <Paladins> at this point

:lmao:

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

Gun lancers are also gigachad quasi support tanky bros

rap music
Mar 11, 2006

I don’t care if there are other pallies since I’m a neet and will crush them all with my gear score

Richlove
Jul 24, 2009

Paragon of primary care

"What?!?! You stuck that WHERE?!?!

:staredog:

This game looks great! I'm in with a Gold pack and have a much needed day off on early access launch day. Watched the link video and I am hyped to play a support paladin. Add me to the paladins meme group. :black101:

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

I eagerly await the 'four paladins doing content' video someone will put out.

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

I'm not going to play a paladin :twisted:

Dynamite Dog
Dec 12, 2012

scrapper gets dragon of the darkness flame and this was hype when i was a kid, so scrapper it is

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7cYTTC4YorM

DurosKlav
Jun 13, 2003

Enter your name pilot!

Pragmatica posted:

the NA east goon guild is just gonna be named <Paladins> at this point

:lmao:

Ya everyone going Paladin in NA/EU. Hell I was going to go Paladin too. The servers are going to be swimming in Paladins, wont be able to walk more than a few feet without hitting a Paladin.

Pragmatica
Apr 1, 2003
i will punch em all down with my soulfist :hai:

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Lmao perhaps I have overestimated the need for supports if everyone and their intelligent gamer dog is rolling Paladin

Maybe I’ll go with something else to start then.

Pigbottom
Sep 23, 2007

Time is never wasted when you're wasted all the time.
I think is very likely that a lot of people will start as paladin and then realize or remember that they don't really dig support gameplay and then we'll be fine.

Slider
Jun 6, 2004

Barely know anything about this game but my old mmo buddies are super pumped for it. Gonna play a berserker and smash stuff with them.

Flair
Apr 5, 2016
Is there something like https://www.fflogs.com/ but for Lost Ark.

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

Flair posted:

Is there something like https://www.fflogs.com/ but for Lost Ark.

There's some log website as referenced in the Kanon video. But from what I understand it's very limited in the information that players have access to.

Zotix fucked around with this message at 05:26 on Jan 31, 2022

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit
Game’s banned in my country rip

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Orange DeviI posted:

Game’s banned in my country rip

Theres not that much nudity! :eyepop: and I think the global release removes all of it.

PrinnySquad
Sep 20, 2008

It really isn't that complicated.
Smile Gate is very particular about publishers only staying within certain countries it seems, remember when it was big news that they expanded this release?

https://www.mmorpg.com/news/lost-ark-expands-to-34-additional-countries-with-new-server-and-localization-plans-2000123520

El_Molestadore
Apr 2, 2005

Time to die hero
Applying for discord verification as "bulbaros" :)

Pigbottom
Sep 23, 2007

Time is never wasted when you're wasted all the time.

I said come in! posted:

Theres not that much nudity! :eyepop: and I think the global release removes all of it.

I would guess the he probably means belgium or the netherlands. The game is not releasing there due to having loot boxes.

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit

Pigbottom posted:

I would guess the he probably means belgium or the netherlands. The game is not releasing there due to having loot boxes.

Correct

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002
How is the leveling process across classes? For example, is it more difficult with a support like Bard?

Gwaihir
Dec 8, 2009
Hair Elf
Most of the time you spend leveling is running around, not trying to kill stuff, so it's not really different.

PrinnySquad
Sep 20, 2008

It really isn't that complicated.

Kaddish posted:

How is the leveling process across classes? For example, is it more difficult with a support like Bard?

Dungeons you can solo or do in a group which would be the only time you notice any slowdown between a support and everyone else, and that won't be so bad. At max level and deeper into the tiers is when you'll notice a bit more of a slowdown, but mostly this just boils down to you have an ability loadout for chaos dungeoning and such, and an ability loadout for doing actual group content and you just do solo things slower. Supports really the only classes that experience this to a noticeable effect.

Bann
Jan 14, 2019

Looking forward to playing this. I've joined the discord, but have no idea what class to play yet (so... Pally?)

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

When in doubt default to Pally.

Proud graduate of the Andy Reid coaching clinic.
Does this game have any challenging dungeon crawls or things you do like that solo? Greater rifts come to mind despite knowing it’s not supposed to be an actual arpg, just an easy example to use.

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

The Demogorgon is tired of your silly human bickering!

I heard SA was getting together a crack team of paladins to find some missing boat. Count me in to buy one of the expensive founder packs then not make it out of the starting zones with a dozen characters.

I found this video from the reddit pretty interesting for describing how the bard and paladin work and differ from each other.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kFvOEInEE-M

If we're getting tiers 1-3 at release how many are out in Korea/Russia now?

doomisland
Oct 5, 2004

Tier 3 is the latest tier out in KR. Though they're holding back some of the later ilvl content for NA launch we'll be getting the first few bits of end game content from it.

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

Ort posted:

Does this game have any challenging dungeon crawls or things you do like that solo? Greater rifts come to mind despite knowing it’s not supposed to be an actual arpg, just an easy example to use.

Abyss dungeons, guardian raids, and legion raids

Hy_C
Apr 1, 2010

Is there an updated invite link for the discord? The one in the OP is dead.

Koala Cola
Dec 21, 2005

I am the stone that the builder refused...
Can I play the game first then buy a founders pack if I like it?

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Hy_C posted:

Is there an updated invite link for the discord? The one in the OP is dead.

https://discord.gg/VRhDWUfZ

doomisland
Oct 5, 2004

Apparition posted:

Can I play the game first then buy a founders pack if I like it?

No. Per their launch details post they'll stop selling founders packs before the free to play start time.

https://www.playlostark.com/en-us/news/articles/launch-details

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

There will hopefully be new packs on the 11th. But no confirmation.

Mjolnerd
Jan 28, 2006

Smellrose

I said come in! posted:

There will hopefully be new packs on the 11th. But no confirmation.

I can't imagine there won't be. The skins from the platinum pack are 3+ years old at this point and aren't as good as the newer avatars anyway. (exception being Paladin/Striker/Gunslinger)

Tensokuu
May 21, 2010

Somehow, the boy just isn't very buoyant.
I almost always play paladin in any game it is offered, but I think in Lost Ark I'm just going to go Berserker. Just run around and hit things with my gigantic gently caress-off sword and make things explode into gibs.

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

Tensokuu posted:

I almost always play paladin in any game it is offered, but I think in Lost Ark I'm just going to go Berserker. Just run around and hit things with my gigantic gently caress-off sword and make things explode into gibs.

Madness berserker is almost certainly in our release. Probably will end up being the second or third character I make tbh.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rexicon1
Oct 9, 2007

A Shameful Path Led You Here
I think that my class will be Big Sword