Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
Of all the players or coaches I imagined getting into ape jpegs John Terry was way down the list. Thought he'd be a redknapp 'whats a computer guv' type but fair play to him for finding a socially acceptable way of drawing a black former teammate as a monkey. Every day a school day

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.

the sex ghost posted:

Of all the players or coaches I imagined getting into ape jpegs John Terry was way down the list. Thought he'd be a redknapp 'whats a computer guv' type but fair play to him for finding a socially acceptable way of drawing a black former teammate as a monkey. Every day a school day

Doesnt that literally cover most crytpobros?

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
It's a shame most big agents actually know what they're doing and would never allow anything to affect their own fees and as such we probably won't see many premier league guys demanding their contracts be paid entirely in crypto

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe

CyberPingu posted:

Doesnt that literally cover most crytpobros?

Nah their defining characteristic is "thinking* they know more than anyone else about computers, economics, and age of consent laws.

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

the sex ghost posted:

It's a shame most big agents actually know what they're doing and would never allow anything to affect their own fees and as such we probably won't see many premier league guys demanding their contracts be paid entirely in crypto

Americans are doing it and I saw this very confusing article this morning

https://hypebeast.com/2022/1/odell-beckham-jr-suffers-major-salary-loss-after-bitcoin-decline

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
John Terry saves the football league by convincing players to be paid in jpegs, owners rejoice

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

Bape Culture posted:

Americans are doing it and I saw this very confusing article this morning

https://hypebeast.com/2022/1/odell-beckham-jr-suffers-major-salary-loss-after-bitcoin-decline
What's funny is that CashApp paid Beckham a seven-figure cash sum to take his partial-year NFL salary in Bitcoin, so actually he came out ahead.

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

That’s not funny, it would be funny if he wound up owing more than his contract was worth!!

Weaponized Cum
Aug 31, 2004

This post brought to you by the finest Miami cocaine money can buy ----->
lmao

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2022/jan/26/premier-league-and-uefa-taking-legal-advice-over-john-terrys-nft-ape-tweets

NinpoEspiritoSanto
Oct 22, 2013

And someone thought daily JT updates were gonna be poo poo and tedious

Rascar Capac
Aug 31, 2016

Surprisingly nice, for an evil Inca mummy.
https://twitter.com/SkySportsNews/status/1487347568115961856?t=Zv9tmArtVnuKnvA2Ztg17A&s=19

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
When he said 'gently caress brentford' he meant that he wanted to gently caress Brentford because he likes it

c0burn
Sep 2, 2003

The KKKing
Mason Greenwood is finished. Don't listen to the audio clip it's pretty hosed

Bacon Terrorist
May 7, 2010

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022
Hopefully destroys him if true.

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

c0burn posted:

Mason Greenwood is finished. Don't listen to the audio clip it's pretty hosed

For anyone who didn't know the context.

He beat the poo poo out of his girlfriend and the audio clip is of him raping her

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

The audio is about as clear cut evidence as you're ever going to get in cases like this, it's absolutely harrowing. That boy needs to go to jail for a long time.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

CyberPingu posted:

For anyone who didn't know the context.

He beat the poo poo out of his girlfriend and the audio clip is of him raping her
wtf

Bacon Terrorist
May 7, 2010

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022
The most surprising element here is him being able to perform sexually without the help of a friend.

Woodenlung
Dec 10, 2013

Calculating Infinity
The Manchester disease

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

Images and audio are both extremely hosed up. According to Reddit comments from months ago, his behavior has been known to the papers for a while but they couldn’t legally report on it without the evidence.

This is some traumatic poo poo

Bacon Terrorist
May 7, 2010

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022
It wouldn't surprise me, unfortunately if a player has enough value clubs will overlook stuff. My ex-pro mate said when he was at Blackburn there was a spate of locker room thefts and the club threatened to finish the culrpit if they didn't immediately come forward. They didn't come forward but the culprit was apprehended and had serious talent so they just looked to make a profit on him.

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
Feel like greenwood isn't in the untouchable Ronald tier of players. They'll get rid of him

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

the sex ghost posted:

Feel like greenwood isn't in the untouchable Ronald tier of players. They'll get rid of him

Probably not the "positive effect" they'd thought Ronald would have on the young guys tbh.

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

the sex ghost posted:

I don't see how they can do anything but terminate his contract to be honest.

E: I guess legally they probably have to wait for a court ruling like Man City with Mendy?

Dell_Zincht
Nov 5, 2003

TheRat posted:

The audio is about as clear cut evidence as you're ever going to get in cases like this, it's absolutely harrowing. That boy needs to go to jail for a long time.

A good (read, scummy) defence lawyer would get that thrown out of court as roleplay.

Photos of her injuries like the ones she posted on Instagram are far more likely to get a conviction.

What an absolute piece of poo poo he is.

Paperhouse
Dec 31, 2008

I think
your hair
looks much
better
pushed
over to
one side

Dell_Zincht posted:

A good (read, scummy) defence lawyer would get that thrown out of court as roleplay.

Photos of her injuries like the ones she posted on Instagram are far more likely to get a conviction.

would it get thrown out that easily when the photos also exist?

I don't see him playing for United again. He probably wasn't that good anyway. In fact I think he is poo poo

Bacon Terrorist
May 7, 2010

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022
https://twitter.com/FarstFATI/status/1487704674107015168?t=I4ZqT3FBW-HNlLS2g24c0Q&s=19

monkeytennis
Apr 26, 2007

Toilet Rascal

TheRat posted:

I don't see how they can do anything but terminate his contract to be honest.

E: I guess legally they probably have to wait for a court ruling like Man City with Mendy?

Depends on the contract terms but not necessarily. If someone is unable to fulfil their contractual commitments then it might not be reasonable to expect the employer to wait for a police/court outcome that could take years to be resolved.

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

Chiunque può essere Luther Blissett, semplicemente adottando il nome Luther Blissett

Dell_Zincht posted:

Hell, you'd potentially need to prove that it's actually him - seems like it'd be easy enough to say that the guy on the tapes is one of her friends and that she's orchestrated the whole thing as a stitch-up, particularly as she's released it publicly rather than going to the police. I'm not saying that's what happened, but if I was his lawyer I'd be leaning pretty heavily on it.

Not sure what the club does if there's ultimately no criminal case - precedent seems to suggest that you just go with "innocent until proven otherwise" and leave it at that, but I'm not sure the fans would let that go.

Xabi
Jan 21, 2006

Inventor of the Marmite pasty

Paperhouse posted:

I don't see him playing for United again.
It’s a good thing Ole isn’t manager anymore. He’d make him his captain.

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe

Bacon Terrorist posted:

It wouldn't surprise me, unfortunately if a player has enough value clubs will overlook stuff. My ex-pro mate said when he was at Blackburn there was a spate of locker room thefts and the club threatened to finish the culrpit if they didn't immediately come forward. They didn't come forward but the culprit was apprehended and had serious talent so they just looked to make a profit on him.

This also happened with an England international when they were a youth player (picking my words carefully here as they've sued in the past over this story)

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/damonagain1/status/1487700647092920323

This is apparently an entirely non-ironic take that scientists are now studying in the hope its heat will be able tp power all of humanity for the rest of time.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
Giggs is still getting paid by the FAW because his court date and actual conviction keeps getting pushed back. It's not simple to terminate a contract just because the boy's a wrong'un.

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

sassassin posted:

Giggs is still getting paid by the FAW because his court date and actual conviction keeps getting pushed back. It's not simple to terminate a contract just because the boy's a wrong'un.

You could maybe not invite him to matches to sit in the directors box but you know....taking these things very seriously

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

We had not left it yet, but when I would wake in the night, I would lie, listening, homesick for it already.

goddamnedtwisto posted:

https://twitter.com/damonagain1/status/1487700647092920323

This is apparently an entirely non-ironic take that scientists are now studying in the hope its heat will be able tp power all of humanity for the rest of time.

The amount of accounts with a Ronaldo pfp calling for greenwood to be immediately sacked is truly mind boggling.

The Perfect Element
Dec 5, 2005
"This is a bit of a... a poof song"
This will get lost in Mason Greenwood chat, and this probably isn't the right thread for it, but my dad was at the Wycombe v MK Dons yesterday, and the ref stopped the game due to homophobic chants from the Dons fans.

Seemed to work, as the game resumed and the chanting stopped, so cool work from that ref I guess ; I'd imagine that not many refs would bother doing anything about it, especially at League 1 level.

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

The Perfect Element posted:

This will get lost in Mason Greenwood chat, and this probably isn't the right thread for it, but my dad was at the Wycombe v MK Dons yesterday, and the ref stopped the game due to homophobic chants from the Dons fans.

Seemed to work, as the game resumed and the chanting stopped, so cool work from that ref I guess ; I'd imagine that not many refs would bother doing anything about it, especially at League 1 level.

drat what was your dad chanting?

The Perfect Element
Dec 5, 2005
"This is a bit of a... a poof song"
idk but he's clearly up to something cos now I've read the match reports and they were targeting Akinfenwa with some chant about being a sex offender.

I shall strongly challenge my dad about this later on.

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

Wow greenwood is a real piece of poo poo. United have some proper wrong uns.

Curious who the liverpool player is that the Reddit account mentions now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

paddyboat
Feb 20, 2013

Maxi, Maxi Rodriguez
Run down the wing for me

Bape Culture posted:

Wow greenwood is a real piece of poo poo. United have some proper wrong uns.

Curious who the liverpool player is that the Reddit account mentions now.

Naby?