Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

Ibblebibble posted:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1IHL6sPgX23ieWZBLI3j3uHSN-rN6GjUr7ZAigkRn8oA/edit

For any DNC who like number crunching, looks like the new BIS is 2.47 GCD instead of 2.49/2.50.

Don't you loving change my BIS set while I'm already in the middle of obtaining it. :mad:

Though it turns out the only actual gear difference is the hat and that's the only leftside I haven't picked up yet, so I guess it isn't too dire. Did they post an updated opener anywhere?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Thundarr posted:

Don't you loving change my BIS set while I'm already in the middle of obtaining it. :mad:

Though it turns out the only actual gear difference is the hat and that's the only leftside I haven't picked up yet, so I guess it isn't too dire. Did they post an updated opener anywhere?

Opener is the same afaik, just the rotation differs.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
It seems like the biggest change is do not hold a gcd for standard step if it’s about to come off cooldown.

runaway dog
Dec 11, 2005

I rarely go into the field, motherfucker.
So after just watching all the aired episodes of Righteous Gemstones, I'm definitely seeing the christian music ultima thule music similarities now.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
I want a cheerleader outfit with pom poms for the hand slot, thank you in advance YoshiP

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

SirSamVimes posted:

This is incorrect because the ARR ALC and LTW and HW BSM quests are all very good.

LTW holds a special place in my memory because it's the only one where the guildmaster actually criticizes your work and isn't constantly blowing smoke up your rear end about how you singlehandedly saved the business by crafting 5 pieces of starter gear with your amazing natural talent.

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

EXTREMELY PISSED AT THE DNC

OddObserver posted:

Doing WAR60 quest (the first one) as a Lala is pretty great:

Stormblood is where the WAR quests get really good and funny. I love that it's a romcom.

Edmund Lava
Sep 8, 2004

Hey, I'm from Brooklyn. I'm going to call myself Mr. Friendly.

PirateZim posted:

any time i sit in a queue too long i start to think about this video someone put out from around the 1.0 launch. I figured i should share it with this thread so it can infect your minds too. Its a strong reminder of how far out of the darkness Yoshi-P has brought us.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=abE09-tqhoM

This video is was what introduced FFXIV to me and I ignored the game until Shadowbringers came out and I was assured the fatigue system was dumpstered.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!
I am 43/50 Field Notes in Bozja, which you'd think would make me happy, but really I'm just tired and burning with everlasting hatred for this content. :negative:

Nothing like solo killing 40 robots to spawn a FATE, to then spawn the FATE I need, only for the drop rate to be obscenely low, requiring an hour wait for the cool down after.

Kazy
Oct 23, 2006

0x38: FLOPPY_INTERNAL_ERROR

Blueberry Pancakes posted:

I am 43/50 Field Notes in Bozja, which you'd think would make me happy, but really I'm just tired and burning with everlasting hatred for this content. :negative:

Nothing like solo killing 40 robots to spawn a FATE, to then spawn the FATE I need, only for the drop rate to be obscenely low, requiring an hour wait for the cool down after.

As someone who farmed all the notes, I feel you. The Steel and Flame notes were killer, a good 30% of my time farming notes was for just that one.

Hunter Noventa
Apr 21, 2010

Kazy posted:

As someone who farmed all the notes, I feel you. The Steel and Flame notes were killer, a good 30% of my time farming notes was for just that one.

The only notes I need drop from duels, CLL or Dal. Given that one of the duels is behind the Red Comet, I've resigned myself to never getting that moutn.

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011

Cleretic posted:

So, a very weirdly specific question: does anybody know if Eulmore's post-MSQ day and night themes were available as orchestrion rolls at launch? I just today learned that the music you get from Radz-at-Han after maxing out all shared FATEs is the song that plays there during the MSQ. Which is fine, but... well, it's not the banger of a night theme.
At launch, you could get the post-MSQ day theme for maxing out all shared FATEs. 5.1 added the post-MSQ night theme to the same vendor, while the original MSQ theme was a MSQ reward that same patch.

Kazy
Oct 23, 2006

Hunter Noventa posted:

The only notes I need drop from duels, CLL or Dal. Given that one of the duels is behind the Red Comet, I've resigned myself to never getting that moutn.

I never actually won a duel. Got all mine from the chests or skirmishes/CEs.

I actually got all my CLL/Dal ones before getting my last skirmish one.

Probably helped that I had also been doing 3 relics.

Kazy fucked around with this message at 20:14 on Jan 30, 2022

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

My molecule scrambler ray will disintegrate your armor with one blow!

Macaluso posted:

I want a cheerleader outfit with pom poms for the hand slot, thank you in advance YoshiP

Pompoms are clearly supposed to be a DNC weapon, not hand armor

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

Kazy posted:

That is the particular one I'm working on at present! And no one ever wants to party up in Southern Front anymore, let alone help kill the damned scorpions. At least I can murder them solo fairly easily, but bleh.

Silly Newbie
Jul 25, 2007
How do I?
So I've got my crafters and gatherers to cap, how do I make money with this?

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Strepitoso. Vedete? Una meraviglia.
I have discovered the pure joy of an iPad, remote play and PS5 controller. Perfect for slow days at work or when laying in bed sounds nice.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

Sentient Data posted:

Pompoms are clearly supposed to be a DNC weapon, not hand armor

I would accept this compromise

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

Silly Newbie posted:

the problem with crafting to make money is that leveling crafters is super easy now so there is a ton of supply. margins on popular foods and gear is small (sometimes even non-existent if people are being dumb).

try looking at stuff like gc turn-ins, quest turn-ins and possibly HQ intermediates.

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=soNUBJlDypk
why they gotta attack me like this

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist

Silly Newbie posted:

I'm not exactly the monopoly guy in game, but I have a steady cash flow when I care to.

There isn't some easy answer like make master recipes, or make x, or gather y. Especially now there's a huge amount of people throwing level 90 gear and consumables onto the market, and I don't think it's worth it to compete with all of them on stuff that doesn't necessarily move quickly any more. Food and pots probably still sell fast, but competition is thick. Especially early in the week when people restock their raid items.

Leveling gear sells well enough, easy 5 figure amounts, especially if you have retainers gathering the ingredients for you. Housing items are generally not competitive markets, so if you find a few items that are lacking on the MB, craft them. Prices are often high, but materials are often annoying, but still common enough, although housing items don't fly off the shelves either. This will change when the new zone opens up.. Either way you need to know what your marketboard has currently and what you can supply easily.

Sometimes certain intermediate materials and other items are only available in stacks of 99. Crafting your own and selling in normal stack sizes can often let you up the price by 200 - 400% and sell instantly. This takes up a lot of retainer space and doesn't have huge profit compared to a few big items, but it's easy and reliable.

Have spiritbond potions in effect whenever you're bulk gathering or crafting. Sell the extra materia if you don't need it.

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist
e: Double

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Hunter Noventa posted:

I just need Lyon (Red Comet duel, CLL) and Lyon (Zadnor 3 duel, Dalradia). I can do Comet fine, the issue is the rest of the party doing it fine too. There's enough group-up stuff I can't solo it after everyone else dies.

Frida Call Me
Sep 28, 2001

Boy, you gotta carry that weight
Carry that weight a long time

Bruceski posted:

I just need Lyon (Red Comet duel, CLL) and Lyon (Zadnor 3 duel, Dalradia). I can do Comet fine, the issue is the rest of the party doing it fine too. There's enough group-up stuff I can't solo it after everyone else dies.

become what you must, a warrior with bloodsucker and you can handily solo red comet (or any other BSF content short of DRS)

Frida Call Me fucked around with this message at 23:44 on Jan 30, 2022

aers
Feb 15, 2012

Bruceski posted:

reflect will get you through stack markers after everyone is dead. with that out of the way the deadliest thing is the tankbuster

Kazy
Oct 23, 2006

Bruceski posted:

Have you done a Resistance Weapon yet? That's a good way to do other things while spamming CLL and Dal. :v:

I'm still only level 20 in Eureka, I really want to finish it. :negative:

Silly Newbie
Jul 25, 2007
How do I?
Thanks for the crafting advice, all, it mirrors what I've seen in the market. I mainly leveled them because I love seeing numbers go up, so I wasn't banking too hard on this. I may just spend time at work doing braindead resource runs and sell base quality materials to everyone else at a small margin.

Tyberius
Oct 21, 2006

Felt like an internet celebrity tonight doing my daily roulettes, people kept saying they saw me on Twitter.

https://twitter.com/Mcstronghuge/status/1487899228252819462

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Tyberius posted:

Felt like an internet celebrity tonight doing my daily roulettes, people kept saying they saw me on Twitter.

https://twitter.com/Mcstronghuge/status/1487899228252819462

What top is that?

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

What top is that?

It's the Skybuilder tanktop

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Kazy posted:

Have you done a Resistance Weapon yet? That's a good way to do other things while spamming CLL and Dal. :v:

I'm still only level 20 in Eureka, I really want to finish it. :negative:

I've done... 4? 5? Spear, bow, axe, gun, summoner, dancer... Anyway yeah I've done a bunch of CLL and Dal, just not lucky.

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S
https://twitter.com/King_of_Solomon/status/1487979623405309954

God, I'm so close. I'll probably get the remaining crafters to 90 tomorrow.

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Strepitoso. Vedete? Una meraviglia.
Kinda coming around in Eureka. The brain worms are strong.

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

yea its better to group for those

admanb
Jun 18, 2014

King of Solomon posted:

https://twitter.com/King_of_Solomon/status/1487979623405309954

God, I'm so close. I'll probably get the remaining crafters to 90 tomorrow.

I see we have very similar opinions on Fishing:

(a month ago every crafter was 1 except for CUL and ALC so this has been a quick process)

Theris
Oct 9, 2007

I started Eureka a few days ago because I want one fairly attainable thing from it. (Dyable level 70 RDM AF armor, and I only really need the hat and top) I can't imagine doing it for anything that would take serious grinding, it isn't fun at all.

Super Foul Egg
Oct 5, 2005
Don't take me for an ordinary man

admanb posted:

(a month ago every crafter was 1 except for CUL and ALC so this has been a quick process)

Please try ocean fishing with the /sit emote in an accessible hotbar position. It'll change your life.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Fishing Owns

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Fishing is boring but you can trivially level it up in about 1/100th the time of any other class.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S

admanb posted:

Yeah, I was in a similar position, except instead of CUL and ALC it was BSM (I did rush BSM to 90 at the start of this process, then I started leveling the others evenly.