Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

Yeah, let the snake have this.
You aren't paid to be a scab.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa

This wouldn't have happened if they programmed in Java or C.

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

Nenonen posted:

This wouldn't have happened if they programmed in Java or C.

Instead of what, ASP?

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
no, I said to use CORBA

Robert Facepalmer
Jan 10, 2019

Is that a bonus wasp nest in the corner?

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

https://i.imgur.com/9QjK6C5.mp4

ChesterJT
Dec 28, 2003

Mounty Pumper's Flying Circus

Cojawfee posted:

Do you people do this for every situation where it's very obvious what the person is saying but it's slightly different from what you say?

If it was obvious the conversation wouldn't have happened.

If a carpenter referred to a charlie clamp I'd think it's some special type of clamp I've never heard of, not being a carpenter. Not that he was unnecessarily using the military phoenetic alphabet. I even daily use the phoenetic alphabet in my job.

ChesterJT fucked around with this message at 20:19 on Jan 30, 2022

MrYenko
Jun 18, 2012

#2 isn't ALWAYS bad...

This guy, being a certified forklift operator, is immune to stockroom mishaps. Such is the power of the certification.

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

MrYenko posted:

This guy, being a certified forklift operator, is immune to stockroom mishaps. Such is the power of the certification.

The other forklift operator on the left is trying to assassinate him, perhaps due to differing certification levels

Bruce Boxlicker
Jul 26, 2004

Fun Shoe

Cojawfee posted:

Do you people do this for every situation where it's very obvious what the person is saying but it's slightly different from what you say?

Goons do this so consistently it's loving absurd. How else could they argue about literally nothing with a condescending attitude?

SyNack Sassimov
May 4, 2006

Let the robot win.
            --Captain James T. Vader

Bruce Boxlicker posted:

Goons do this so consistently it's loving absurd. How else could they argue about literally nothing with a condescending attitude?

Wow listen up buddy our attitude isn't condescending, it's sardonic and vitriolic. How dare you call us condescending.

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

BIG KOOL TELLIN' Y'ALL TO KEEP IT TIGHT

MrYenko posted:

His gut says "something will fall" but his mind says "we can fix it & hopefully not affect production"

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

BIG KOOL TELLIN' Y'ALL TO KEEP IT TIGHT

Robert Facepalmer posted:

Is that a bonus wasp nest in the corner?

Maybe...the wasps nest, the snakes come in & take over, nobody knows how to handle it & we get federal agencies like "Wasp Preservation & Black Mold Treatment"

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

I got used to reading MAC addresses aloud using the phonetic alphabet at an old job, so it's pretty second-nature to me.

PainterofCrap
Oct 17, 2002

hey bebe

:nws::nws:

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Letmebefrank posted:

not only there are fire classes, they are also not always the same in different countries : https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fire_class . I am sure this has never caused any mistakes #osha

I min/max my fires with templates and prestige classes.

Jon Pod Van Damm
Apr 6, 2009

THE POSSESSION OF WEALTH IS IN AND OF ITSELF A SIGN OF POOR VIRTUE. AS SUCH:
1 NEVER TRUST ANY RICH PERSON.
2 NEVER HIRE ANY RICH PERSON.
BY RULE 1, IT IS APPROPRIATE TO PRESUME THAT ALL DEGREES AND CREDENTIALS HELD BY A WEALTHY PERSON ARE FRAUDULENT. THIS JUSTIFIES RULE 2--RULE 1 NEEDS NO JUSTIFIC

https://twitter.com/AFrontlines/status/1487246421099229184
https://twitter.com/AFrontlines/status/1487260494461349889

uh that's a lot of oil

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
$10000 fine incoming

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

tell me more about this river of coca

SyNack Sassimov
May 4, 2006

Let the robot win.
            --Captain James T. Vader

Sagebrush posted:

tell me more about this river of coca

it's full of oil OP

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
Original idea, do not steal:

Rebrand petroleum as “coca butter”.

interwhat
Jul 23, 2005

it's kickin in dude

really cool stuff. really really cool

soooo cool

edit: cant we just like, turn it off? or is it pressurized straight from the ground to this loving absolute shade tree hillbilly pipeline? sorry i dont know everything

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
The company claims it’s already been shut down, but they also claim that the spill is contained, so take that with a grain of Oil-Dri.

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

interwhat posted:

really cool stuff. really really cool

soooo cool

edit: cant we just like, turn it off? or is it pressurized straight from the ground to this loving absolute shade tree hillbilly pipeline? sorry i dont know everything

the pipes themselves contain a lotta oil too :(

they're also built like poo poo. when people talk about oil pipes threatening their water supply, they're not making things up. constantly leaking "acceptably," constantly bursting without anyone noticing for days, weeks, sometimes loving months, neglectfully and negligently managed, yada yada. they're ecological disasters guarded by cops and courts

Potato Salad fucked around with this message at 03:50 on Jan 31, 2022

Vlaphor
Dec 18, 2005

Lipstick Apathy
Makes me think of that episode of the Simpsons where Krusty gives away a trampoline to Homer and then refuses to take it back after it hurts a bunch of people.

interwhat
Jul 23, 2005

it's kickin in dude

Potato Salad posted:

the pipes themselves contain a lotta oil too :(

they're also built like poo poo. when people talk about oil pipes threatening their water supply, they're not making things up. constantly leaking "acceptably," constantly bursting without anyone noticing for days, weeks, sometimes loving months, neglectfully and negligently managed, yada yada. they're ecological disasters guarded by cops and courts

not only that, but even locally, repair shops dump oil and chemicals into floor drains, and even though they have separators that require maintenance that doesnt get done, they arent perfect. gently caress it all, man :(

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!
Looks like cookie monster tbh

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost
I don't know much about cars. For my own edification, how can you safely 'disarm' a tire that damaged and under that much pressure? Can you just let the pressure out of the valve like normal? I'm just imaging a tire that old having rotten rubber and getting more and more folded and cracked at the bottom and then ripping and causing an explosive decompression. Maybe I'm over estimating the pressure involved.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Yeah, you would just drain it through the valve by removing the valve core.

Only after everyone working in the tire shop takes a picture first.

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!
Play darts of doom and see who wins

jetz0r
May 10, 2003

Tomorrow, our nation will sit on the throne of the world. This is not a figment of the imagination, but a fact. Tomorrow we will lead the world, Allah willing.

deoju posted:

I don't know much about cars. For my own edification, how can you safely 'disarm' a tire that damaged and under that much pressure? Can you just let the pressure out of the valve like normal? I'm just imaging a tire that old having rotten rubber and getting more and more folded and cracked at the bottom and then ripping and causing an explosive decompression. Maybe I'm over estimating the pressure involved.

A gun.

Posing with the tire titties is extremely dangerous.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Vlaphor posted:

Makes me think of that episode of the Simpsons where Krusty gives away a trampoline to Homer and then refuses to take it back after it hurts a bunch of people.

that's about as I high up I feel comfortable being in a ferris wheel, so it's not the worst deal

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

deoju posted:

Treat it like loggers treat a dangerous tree.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-vvSX8lGYaw

Stick it with explosives.

Back off and set them off.

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

Tunicate posted:

I min/max my fires with templates and prestige classes.

firey fire elemental shape of fire fire elemental master 10

champagne posting
Apr 5, 2006

YOU ARE A BRAIN
IN A BUNKER

company reported it’s ok they built the pipeline outside the environment

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

gently caress all them hydrocarbon companies.

Dirt Road Junglist
Oct 8, 2010

We will be cruel
And through our cruelty
They will know who we are
I once had a job managing some campus buildings for a summer, along with two other young, nerdy, and pedantic recent grads. Part of our training involved fire suppression basics, so the uni sent us to the fire station for 2 hours of incredibly boring, but straightforward, classroom lectures about which of the A-B-C types of extinguishers go with which fires, and how to use them, and also what happens if you use them the wrong way.

Then we went outside to the parking lot, and the fire fighter teaching the class dragged a shallow metal box about 3’x3’ into an open area, filled it with gasoline, and lit it on fire.

And then he handed me a water based canister extinguisher and told me to use it. I balked, because I just spent 2 hours being told this was a stupid idea. After I flat out refused to use it, he grumped and moved on to the other managers, who also reiterated, what the gently caress dude, is this a trick question? This is the wrong solution to this problem, why are you like this?

Turns out, he meant for us to see, in action, what using the wrong extinguisher would do. Which is valid! But read the room, dude. You need more lesson plans than just, “assume recent college grads are too dumb to figure out basic cause and effect instructions and will do anything they’re told to do.”

He ended up blasting the fire to demonstrate, because none of us wanted to be the idiot who used the wrong extinguisher.

Gravid Topiary
Feb 16, 2012

gently caress SNEEP posted:

Something Awful was originally a website called Sailors Anonymous

ryo: do you happen to know where sailors hang out?
me: yes, here's the URL

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chamale
Jul 11, 2010

I'm helping!

The Coca river is less than 50 miles from Lago Agrio, the "Amazonian Chernobyl", where over 2,000 people have died of cancer related to all the oil spills and tailings.