Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret
SB needs to dress like this:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

fartknocker posted:

SB needs to dress like this:

Already have my outfit.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
^^--yeah you're already ahead of me here

Braksgirl posted:

How about I just make some pizzas and we have some king cake and I'll buy some orange and black plates and we just make my life easy.

I'd lean in on the old LSU Burreaux angle with proper colors for whatever since that seems a lot easier (and tastier) than going full Cincinnati. And Chase goes in that general pot too so it makes enough sense.

Hand out some cigars maybe?

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Silly Burrito posted:

Already have my outfit.

Have Braksgirl wear a Chase jersey

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Dango Bango posted:

she does have a Cricut machine

hmmm

Braksgirl
Dec 25, 2010

Unofficial Goon Disney travel agent since 2014!

Tens of Goons served!

Dango Bango posted:

But I will go buy an orange tshirt and cut some vinyl and it's done.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Grittybeard posted:

^^--yeah you're already ahead of me here

I'd lean in on the old LSU Burreaux angle with proper colors for whatever since that seems a lot easier (and tastier) than going full Cincinnati. And Chase goes in that general pot too so it makes enough sense.

Hand out some cigars maybe?

Oh man you just gave me an idea for another shirt.

I want a LET’S GO BENGOS shirt like that guy who had the JOHNNY shirt.

T-Square
May 14, 2009

Put the surly cat in a king cake

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

T-Square posted:

Put the surly cat in a king cake

How do you make a cat even surlier

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

LeeMajors posted:

Between a Stafford + UGA title season and

https://twitter.com/starrettjason/status/1487928963196497920?s=21

the super bowl looks pretty ripe for storylines.

These NFL playoffs may actually pull me back into the NFL. Sucks that my team growing up was Washington. I should probably just move on but I grew up with The Hogs and birthright rooting interest runs deep. However, I can’t root for Dan Snyder to succeed.

gently caress.

You can root for some compelling games that go down to the wire and also not want Dan Snyder to succeed. It does help that the WFT isn't in the playoffs.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Thaddius the Large posted:

Man, I never thought about Dry January in Australia, but I worked in a fine dining place on the waterfront in Sydney while I was there, and that stretch from Christmas to Valentine’s Day seemed to be a nonstop binge for all involved, you’ve got those, New Years, the Melbourne Cup, Australia Day, Boxing Day, like holy poo poo for a boozy country that’s way more temptation. Worst I’ve got for January is trying to abstain on, I dunno, MLK Jr day?

Oh man it's been a little rough usually Christmas right through til Feb is just constant. Its been a bit of a boon to being unemployed and deciding I wasn't going to spend a cent on booze to my fitness though. Dropped like 7 pounds in January.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

Don't remember if this was posted

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5KZ3MKraNKY

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

Braksgirl posted:

Wow. You hate fun.

If I knew you made the cake, I would eat it. Unless I know who made the cake, if it's brightly colored I avoid it like a poisonous frog.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Looks like poo poo

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

looks like it was nuked by YouTube.

BlindSite posted:

Oh man it's been a little rough usually Christmas right through til Feb is just constant. Its been a bit of a boon to being unemployed and deciding I wasn't going to spend a cent on booze to my fitness though. Dropped like 7 pounds in January.

plus of course it's when the good weather is for you guys too, which I can understand. the Barty Party sounded like it was fun, but I'm ready for footy to come back.

also man some of these playoff games have been Real Good, but it's been tough focusing on work on Monday mornings when both Sunday games are as lit as they have been.

dirty shrimp money
Jan 8, 2001

My stepson is a Browns fan by way of his dad's family, who is from Cleveland. He's a MMO guy and watches almost zero football but for whatever reason decided to put himself through watching the Bengals make the Super Bowl anyway.

Me, I like Joe Burrow so Bengals all the way here.

Forrest on Fire
Nov 23, 2012

Silly Burrito posted:

Already have my outfit.

This is glorious and the same jersey everyone I know from Louisiana got. It's glorious.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

I'd watch this as a sporting event

https://twitter.com/edsbs/status/1488170585641394182

saintonan
Dec 7, 2009

Fields of glory shine eternal

https://twitter.com/AdamWeinstein/status/1488169601984782341

just lol

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

I see your tweet and raise you this:

https://twitter.com/TheStalwart/status/1488177824959799296?s=20&t=qhjTAmRjuDTtP1No1kYmRA

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

I see your tweet and raise you

https://twitter.com/adultswim/status/1488159628869443586

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

The company I work for is based in Cincinnati, so of loving course all of the talk via email and Teams has been about the Bengals.

Eh, whatever. They declared a half-paid holiday for the day after the Super Bowl, so I don't have to log on until noon. I'll take it.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*

Timby posted:

The company I work for is based in Cincinnati, so of loving course all of the talk via email and Teams has been about the Bengals.

Eh, whatever. They declared a half-paid holiday for the day after the Super Bowl, so I don't have to log on until noon. I'll take it.

Cincinnatians have been waiting for this moment for a full lifetime. Bastards could've shelled out for the full day off.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

That was 15 years ago? Oh god I'm old.

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
I figured out how to play Hades, went from dying repeatedly to Meg to getting to Elysiums end bosses Theseus and the Minotaur and dying there. Fists are my favorite weapon

Braksgirl
Dec 25, 2010

Tens of Goons served!

We bought a king cake today that claims to be better than sex. I am dubious because it looks dry and as we all know, in cakes and sex, dry is not ideal.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

The Puppy Bowl posted:

Cincinnatians have been waiting for this moment for a full lifetime. Bastards could've shelled out for the full day off.

I lived in Baltimore from 2012 - 2013. After the Ravens won the Super Bowl, my company sent an email at, like, midnight and said everyone in the Baltimore office could work from home on Monday. :v:

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer

Braksgirl posted:

We bought a king cake today that claims to be better than sex. I am dubious because it looks dry and as we all know, in cakes and sex, dry is not ideal.

https://twitter.com/nerdjpg/status/1078862479814471685?s=20&t=hTUpP_3x-D8JPumuWYBBlw

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
That's cool but frankly I might need the day off even more after a Superbowl loss than a Superbowl win.

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

Braksgirl posted:

gadzooks ive been doing it wrong thus whole time

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

Braksgirl posted:

They're loving the cake aren't they.

Braksgirl
Dec 25, 2010

Tens of Goons served!

Bird in a Blender posted:

They're loving the cake aren't they.

It is a cream filling…

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!

Braksgirl posted:

Have you guys tried Dong Phuong? Was wondering if it was the real deal, considering all their hoopla

Braksgirl
Dec 25, 2010

Tens of Goons served!

GD_American posted:

Have you guys tried Dong Phuong? Was wondering if it was the real deal, considering all their hoopla

I haven’t had an official one but the recipe that I made recently is a copycat recipe. I want to try one someday.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

I have a friend who was involved in the planning of that.

She says everyone was high fiving and laughing their rear end off until all the present turner executives showed up at their door and had a very long all hands on deck meeting.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

Bird in a Blender posted:

That was 15 years ago? Oh god I'm old.

:same:

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

Pron on VHS posted:

I figured out how to play Hades, went from dying repeatedly to Meg to getting to Elysiums end bosses Theseus and the Minotaur and dying there. Fists are my favorite weapon

Intruder hit me with some good build tips but it’s weird how the light kind of comes on as Zag gets stronger.

I’ve made it to the battle against Hades a couple times but keep dying in Styx.

I saved last night after I beat Theseus and Asterius with full health and all three death defiances saved. Using shield with big cast knock away boons and lots of Poseidon/Zeus boons as well. Turned out to be a good little build.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Holy poo poo

https://twitter.com/jasonschreier/status/1488210539276902407

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Uh. Okay.

https://twitter.com/jasonschreier/status/1488210539276902407?s=21

Dammit kalli

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

I mean, this isn't exactly huge, I think. What's the last thing Bungie actually released, Destiny? And that has to be, what, seven or eight years old?