Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

For at least a decade. That's 20 wins

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism

sweet thursday posted:

For at least a decade. That's 20 wins

It's possible we can do things to counter this. But if we try to become the next Chargers, Bengals or Chiefs we will be in for a decade of major decline. We will never match what they do. But we have 2019 to show that we can do what we know how to do better than anyone else in the AFC and maybe even the whole NFL.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

the game has passed 2019 by

Epic Mount
Jun 18, 2007

Kawalimus posted:

^^You are correct.

Anyway I'm not meaning to crap on the Bengals at all. That's not my intention but I think it's being seen that way. I've been a believer in them all year. I just have my own reasons for possibly not wanting them to win. But I also might. So don't worry about it.

https://youtu.be/o9WHJB9wqdk

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Gettem Kawa

Epic Mount
Jun 18, 2007

Kawalimus posted:

It's possible we can do things to counter this. But if we try to become the next Chargers, Bengals or Chiefs we will be in for a decade of major decline. We will never match what they do. But we have 2019 to show that we can do what we know how to do better than anyone else in the AFC and maybe even the whole NFL.
In all honesty,your bird talk sustains me in the off season.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Epic Mount posted:

In all honesty,your bird talk sustains me in the off season.

That's a lot of pressure now you've put on me :D

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
I legit believe that without a shitload of injuries, both in 2020 and 2021, the Ravens could've largely kept the train rolling. They beat the Bills in Buffalo with a healthy O-line. They win 5 more games this year with a healthy anybody.

All that said, Stanley getting horribly injured days after getting a record setting LT contract may have derailed the team's trajectory for years.

At least Lamar Jackson does dope poo poo that nobody but Mahomes or Herbert even compare to like once a month. So whatever happens should be fun.

Wait, what were we talking about?

Despera
Jun 6, 2011

The Puppy Bowl posted:

I legit believe that without a shitload of injuries, both in 2020 and 2021, the Ravens could've largely kept the train rolling. They beat the Bills in Buffalo with a healthy O-line. They win 5 more games this year with a healthy anybody.

All that said, Stanley getting horribly injured days after getting a record setting LT contract may have derailed the team's trajectory for years.

At least Lamar Jackson does dope poo poo that nobody but Mahomes or Herbert even compare to like once a month. So whatever happens should be fun.

not the afc north team making the superbowl

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

The Puppy Bowl posted:

We didn't play great against the Bills in that game and that was before Josh Allen was what he is now. He was basically Kyle Boller in those days. It was weird though because the Bills on paper had a bad run defense so we should have eaten them up but had a lot of problems. I guess it's more intricate personnel stuff that causes situations like that and it's not always like a high card thing.

I think we can get back to 2019. But we will have to make smart draft and signing decisions to do so and I'm not sure DeCosta is the guy who will get us back there.

Despera
Jun 6, 2011
oh oh i know doomposting about regular season games 10 years from now

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Despera posted:

oh oh i know doomposting about regular season games 10 years from now

This is the AFCN thread. The Ravens are allowed to be posted about. There's a specific Bengals thread where they're the only subject. The Bengals can be talked about here too. And there's no team threads so I can't post in the Ravens thread.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

don't go back to 2019. you won't be able to come back to the present. you'll be stuck

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Cavauro posted:

don't go back to 2019. you won't be able to come back to the present. you'll be stuck

Then I can work to inform the Ravens of what's going to come next. And I can just watch us steamroll our way to the 2019 SB over and over. But I would also miss getting to talk about it nonstop 20 years later :D

And by 2019 I meant the football year. So don't go saying the SB wasn't till 2020.

Despera
Jun 6, 2011

Kawalimus posted:

This is the AFCN thread. The Ravens are allowed to be posted about. There's a specific Bengals thread where they're the only subject. The Bengals can be talked about here too. And there's no team threads so I can't post in the Ravens thread.

Unsurprisingly the difference between "can" and "should" eludes you

Despera
Jun 6, 2011
BUT THE 2019 RAVENS OMG

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

perturbed?

Despera
Jun 6, 2011

Cavauro posted:

perturbed?

think the rams match up better against the bengos

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

Big Ol Marsh Pussy
Jan 7, 2007

bemgrals

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*

Kawalimus posted:

We didn't play great against the Bills in that game and that was before Josh Allen was what he is now. He was basically Kyle Boller in those days. It was weird though because the Bills on paper had a bad run defense so we should have eaten them up but had a lot of problems. I guess it's more intricate personnel stuff that causes situations like that and it's not always like a high card thing.

I think we can get back to 2019. But we will have to make smart draft and signing decisions to do so and I'm not sure DeCosta is the guy who will get us back there.

Allen probably should've been the MVP when we lost to them in the playoffs. The killer that game was the lack of protection for Lamar and the running game which was directly attributable to how dogshit our right tackle was. Right tackle would've been Orlando Brown if Stanley were healthy.

This off season will be an excellent test for the front office. We have some, though not a ton of cap space. Have choices to make on some aging and injured guys. Have a boatload of draft capital in a really high value draft. With those resources we need to fix the defense, especially injecting youth on the D-line, and fortify the offensive line. Do that, then have at least one tackle a running back and one of our starting corners come back to form from injury, we'll be in the mix at the top of the AFC again.

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow

wyoak posted:

Their line is so bad though, either Rams or Niners lines should feast, both are way better than KC’s

But the Bengals could win anyway

We sacked Joe burrow nine times. It doesn’t matter

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Bismack Billabongo posted:

We sacked Joe burrow nine times. It doesn’t matter

You also ran a hobbled Henry 20 times for 61 yards

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Kawalimus posted:

You also ran a hobbled Henry 20 times for 61 yards

Lmao b b but!

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

It's similar to what happened to the Ravens in 2019 with with Mark Ingram. Foolishness. And again you miss the point.

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

If u rly think about it the Bengals don't deserve to be in the superbowl because their opponents had opportunities to call different plays that might have resulted in them winning, but didn't.

But they could have.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer
The Bengals legit have been better coached the last 3 weeks. Some of the offensive playcalling this week was cowardly but the defensive gameplans in particular have been great.

The Bengals ability to confuse QBs with looks is going to be overlooked going into this game.

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

Despera posted:

oh god if bengals win this twitter is going to be insufferable

yeah 'going to be'

wyoak
Feb 14, 2005

a glass case of emotion

Fallen Rib
Kawal’s right in that the Rams are probably going to score more than 20 points so giving up 9 sacks and scoring 19 points probably shouldn’t be the Bengals game plan

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

Grem posted:

Every team is beatable that's why they play the games

Jivesauce
Nov 22, 2007

What the gently caress is wrong with everyone that they haven't pointed out what a good dog this is yet?

Time
Aug 1, 2011

It Was All A Dream

Cavauro posted:

perturbed?

This is the wordle of the day

Dietrich
Sep 11, 2001

wyoak posted:

Their line is so bad though, either Rams or Niners lines should feast, both are way better than KC’s

But the Bengals could win anyway

apparently gotta sack at least 10 times to win against joe b

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

That is the best post that has been made or ever will be made in this thread. That’s a good dog right there.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

that dog is a Steelers fan, sorry to tell you

Mystic Stylez
Dec 19, 2009

I have it on good authority that the unstoppable 100 year long Bengals Dynasty started yesterday. Sorry Titans

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

The 100 years started 98 years ago

Racing Stripe
Oct 22, 2003

Eifert Posting posted:

The Bengals legit have been better coached the last 3 weeks. Some of the offensive playcalling this week was cowardly but the defensive gameplans in particular have been great.

The Bengals ability to confuse QBs with looks is going to be overlooked going into this game.

I don't have enough football knowledge to make any judgments about how good the coaching is, other than the possibly reductive "look at the scoreboard" or noticing when they play way better in the second half than in the first half, which has happened pretty conspicuously a few times recently. By those metrics though it sure seems like Taylor is doing something right. I was on the "fire him!!" train after he let Burrow get injured (also possibly a reductive view), so now I'm not sure what to think. Someone on The Ringer NFL podcast was saying that before you credit Taylor with much, credit Duke Tobin. It also looks like the coordinators are each doing a loving great job, and who knows if they'll still be around after this season. I'm relieved that some of those HC vacancies are getting filled.

Anyway, in short, I'm hesitant to say that Taylor is a great coach, but it's pretty hard to argue with the results and the quick turnaround, and after this you know he's guaranteed himself at least five more years in the big chair, so I hope some of this success is due to him.

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
That dog sucks + Colts fans respectfully go post in some lesser divisional thread thanks

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

With apologies to the Bengals posters I have to root for Eric Weddle to get a ring