Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

solarjetman
Jan 27, 2001

Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/JesseAPaul/status/1487980518025039879

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

you NEVER mix pollock and picasso, Von you dumbass

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

It's Sic Semper Tyrannis. You said, "Ever faithful terrible lizard."
this is literally the best playoffs of my adult life and im 35

Play
Apr 25, 2006

this will be the lowest-seeded super bowl in NFL history (since seeding began after super bowl X). two 4 seeds. there has never been a super bowl without a 1, 2 or 3 seed ever.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
Go Bengals.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Play posted:

this will be the lowest-seeded super bowl in NFL history (since seeding began after super bowl X). two 4 seeds. there has never been a super bowl without a 1, 2 or 3 seed ever.

So is this due to the expanded playoffs and one of the byes being gone or what?

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Is this... complaining about the Rams winning to own the libs? What the gently caress point does this moron think he's making?

Play
Apr 25, 2006

MJeff posted:

that probably has something to do with it, yes. since the two seed had to play an extra game which means an extra chance for them to lose. still unique I would say, especially when you consider that neither of these two teams were favored to reach the super bowl at all and there were some big teams in the one and two seeds that looked almost unbeatable

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

Is this... complaining about the Rams winning to own the libs? What the gently caress point does this moron think he's making?

I think it's just complaining about celebrities and how LA is where celebtrities live

Grem
Mar 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 30 days!
those people are all insufferable

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

i think he just hates celebrity culture which...fair

BrownThunder
Oct 26, 2005

EXTEND BEN!
Forever and ever and ever

Maybe the Niners would have won if Bosa had voted differently

Kurgarra Queen
Jun 11, 2008

GIVE ME MORE
SUPER BOWL
WINS

MJeff posted:

I don’t know. Both the 49ers and Bengals beat their conferences’ 1st-seed. The Rams beat the Brady Bucs and half their division. The Bengals beating the 1st and 2nd seeds back-to-back is pretty loving nuts though.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Celebrities are obnoxious shitheads. It is a fair point, but also, go Rams.

Play posted:

that probably has something to do with it, yes. since the two seed had to play an extra game which means an extra chance for them to lose. still unique I would say, especially when you consider that neither of these two teams were favored to reach the super bowl at all and there were some big teams in the one and two seeds that looked almost unbeatable

Let's see.

The Titans always looked kinda shaky, I think and the Bucs were always going to be going into a matchup nightmare with the Rams and they needed a bunch of insane stuff to happen just for that game to not be a blowout. I don't think either of those teams losing is thaaaaaat surprising and even if they had gotten to the championship game, I think they'd have lost there, although who knows what 49ers/Bucs would've looked like.

Neither the Packers or Chiefs making it to the Super Bowl is pretty surprising. They both looked pretty loving good, although you can argue the Packers always had weaknesses that could sink them and the Chiefs spent a significant chunk of the season looking pretty smelly.

I think the lesson to take away from this is that the 49ers are a matchup nightmare for everybody and and Joe Burrow's dick is huge.

MJeff fucked around with this message at 06:23 on Jan 31, 2022

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

wyoak posted:

They said that about Marino once

yeah true, but having a career like Marino isn't the worst thing either

The Bengals are cool so I don't mind them winning, just want Stafford to get a ring more

Grip it and rip it
Apr 28, 2020

I don't think it's entirely serious but I'm not sure

Anime Store Adventure
May 6, 2009

The Bengos got the Bills into the playoffs a few years back to break the big playoff drought streak and now beat the downright no good washed up Kansas City Chiefs after their shambolic coin toss win last week and therefore the Bengos have to win the Super Bowl.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Maybe the 1,2 and 3 seed teams should have been better if they wanted to go to the Super Bowl???

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

Kyle Shanahan sure loves pissing his pants in big moments.

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

idk, how many playoff wins with lovely QBs does Shanahan need before ya'll begrudgingly admit he's at least ok at this?

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

He coached a good game but had a rough 4th quarter. Niners did sort of get boned by the officiating. That taunting call was huge and I think they were just tackling Bosa by the end of the game.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

Niwrad posted:

Kyle Shanahan sure loves pissing his pants in big moments.

I mean, Deebo is a WR so aside from the occasional designed run play or screen to Deebo if he’s not getting touches it’s because Jimmy isn’t throwing to him, probably because he’s a bad QB.

cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

Either team winning would be really cool and I'm not sure who to root for now. Just hope for a good game I guess.

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

YOLOsubmarine posted:

I mean, Deebo is a WR so aside from the occasional designed run play or screen to Deebo if he’s not getting touches it’s because Jimmy isn’t throwing to him, probably because he’s a bad QB.

The most important play of the game and he chose to hand the ball to Kyle Jusczyk.

Chimp_On_Stilts
Aug 31, 2004
Holy Hell.
I grew up in Cincinnati in the '90s while the Bengals were the worst football team to ever foot a ball.

To this day I don't consider myself a big football fan because, growing up, my local team was horseshit.

I don't even live in Ohio any more.

But today I made some homemade Skyline Chili (delicious), cracked open some Graeter's ice cream I had to get shipped across the country, and watched the Bengals while fully expecting that old familiar feeling of disappointment.

What a game. Go Bengals :)

Fire Safety Doug
Sep 3, 2006

99 % caffeine free is 99 % not my kinda thing

It is a joke, he is joking. Actually a decent follow on Twitter as well.

I am pleased with the SB matchup, can’t be angry with either side winning as long as it’s a decent game. How is it likely to fare ratings-wise though?

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Fire Safety Doug posted:

It is a joke, he is joking. Actually a decent follow on Twitter as well.

I can never tell with politics twitter people and that's probably a good sign for what remains of my mental health.

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!
Wait you guys really read that obvious joke about LA celebrities and thought it was a politics tweet? Logging off is good sometimes.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

A.o.D. posted:

Doesn't mean the Bengals will lose.
I know? I was simply commenting that the Rams have a good DL too. SAS is so loving weird.

BlindSite posted:

Aaron Donald goes missing in big game a lot.
I sure hope so!

Relentlessboredomm posted:

this is literally the best playoffs of my adult life and im 35
Agreed.

Koirhor
Jan 14, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

cheesetriangles posted:

Either team winning would be really cool and I'm not sure who to root for now. Just hope for a good game I guess.

Rob Lowe account spotted.

:same:

Grand Theft Autobot
Feb 28, 2008

I'm something of a fucking idiot myself
If you are sick and tired of "celebrity culture" maybe turn off your fuckin TV.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
If Stafford wins the Super Bowl, Detroit will celebrate just like Boston did when Ray Borque won a Stanley Cup with the Colorado Avalanche.

It will be simultaneously :unsmith: and :chloe:.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
Stafford and Beckham being dumped on forever, leaving their crappy dumb teams and immediately getting to a Super Bowl is pretty funny.

Tricky Ed
Aug 18, 2010

It is important to avoid confusion. This is the one that's okay to lick.

I stand by my feelings that OBJ is more spectacular than good, but I'm glad to see him happy and seeing him have that talk with Deebo was nice.

I thought that Mahomes was trying too hard in the first few games this season, trying to hit home runs when base hits would do, and I feel like he was trying to make up for the lost touchdown at the end of the first half for the rest of the game, which is a big reason why they were so ineffective.

Fantastic postseason so far and plenty to root for on both sides! Wow!

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

There is going to be a LOT of Bengals/Joe Burrow gear ordered this week in the 314, 636, and 618 area codes.

We’re putting aside baseball. We don’t care about the fact that Skyline makes Imo’s look like haute cuisine. We are ignoring that we’re deep down kinda the same city, up to and including the massive rivalries between all-boys Catholic schools. Because we just want to see Stan Kroenke eat a giant bowl of poo poo.

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president
I just learned that Robert Woods nickname is Bobby Trees

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Bengals are cool, most of the Rams are cool, OBJ is a ring chasing coward.

Go bengos

SquirrelyPSU
May 27, 2003

Burrow is so cold-blooded he is going to be resting on a rock at the Cincinatti Zoo for the next three days getting warmed up

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

get em boys

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Troy Queef posted:

There is going to be a LOT of Bengals/Joe Burrow gear ordered this week in the 314, 636, and 618 area codes.

Oh there will be some (more) in the 225, 337, and 504 area codes too.