Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which horse film is your favorite?
This poll is closed.
Black Beauty 2 1.06%
A Talking Pony!?! 4 2.13%
Mr. Hands 2x Apple Flavor 117 62.23%
War Horse 11 5.85%
Mr. Hands 54 28.72%
Total: 188 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.

Primarily there are people who have allergic reactions to components shared across multiple vaccines (though that's rare with both traditional and mRNA out there). Some people who had SAEs the first time they tried to get vaccinated are just told not to do it even though the specific issue isn't known.

I shouldn't have said something that implied this was a large population; what I was getting at is they shouldn't be casually dismissed in rhetoric of blame about nonvaccination.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zodium
Jun 19, 2004

Rust Martialis posted:

Denmark - 30 January 2022

I have no idea why cases are dropping 10% a day.

because of the storm.

Fuschia tude
Dec 26, 2004

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2019

VitalSigns posted:

My grandmother has a history of Epstein-Barr and can't get the covid vaccine because of it.

It seems like Epstein-Barr causes worse outcomes in people who catch COVID, which you would think would make the vaccine more indicated.

Discendo Vox posted:

Primarily there are people who have allergic reactions to components shared across multiple vaccines (though that's rare with both traditional and mRNA out there). Some people who had SAEs the first time they tried to get vaccinated are just told not to do it even though the specific issue isn't known.

I shouldn't have said something that implied this was a large population; what I was getting at is they shouldn't be casually dismissed in rhetoric of blame about nonvaccination.

My understanding was that because mRNA and traditional vaccines work by different transfer media, people allergic to one can still get the other. I have to assume the chance someone is allergic to both types is geometrically less likely.

NoDamage
Dec 2, 2000

Discendo Vox posted:

That's fair although I would be curious to know how many people are actually in this group.

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

VitalSigns posted:

My grandmother has a history of Epstein-Barr Guillain-Barre and can't get the covid vaccine because of it.

E: sorry misremembered the name of the contraindication

Good news: a history of GBS (heh) is NOT a contraindication (anymore) for receiving a covid vaccine.

https://www.cdc.gov/vaccines/covid-19/clinical-considerations/covid-19-vaccines-us.html#Appendix-B

Fuschia tude
Dec 26, 2004

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2019

spankmeister posted:

Good news: a history of GBS (heh) is NOT a contraindication (anymore) for receiving a covid vaccine.

https://www.cdc.gov/vaccines/covid-19/clinical-considerations/covid-19-vaccines-us.html#Appendix-B

Ah yeah, I noticed that too. I assumed VS meant literally what they said, but maybe it indeed was the recommendation at the time.

freebooter
Jul 7, 2009

Fuschia tude posted:

My understanding was that because mRNA and traditional vaccines work by different transfer media, people allergic to one can still get the other. I have to assume the chance someone is allergic to both types is geometrically less likely.

I can't find it anymore but there was an article by a doctor saying that there would probably be fewer than a hundred people in the entirety of Australia who medically can't get vaccinated, given the breadth of vaccines that have been approved.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather
To be fair, there's a larger subset of people, who can get vaccinated, but get virtually no advantage from it.
You're immune system isn't building a strong defense, if you're actively in chemotherapy.

But these numbers are still insignificant compared to the people who could, but actively chose not to vaccinate.

Mooseontheloose
May 13, 2003

Children under the age of 5.

Foxfire_
Nov 8, 2010

Unvaccinated children under the age of 5 already have a death rate underneath the bottom line on that chart though (and an unvaccinated adult has a death rate higher than indicated since it's being pulled down by the kids). There's ~750 US 0-18 year old deaths total for the pandemic. Low death rate is largely why 0-5 years are still ineligible, the risk:benefit is very different from an 80 year old

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

spankmeister posted:

Oh awesome well hopefully that means my grandmother will be able to get it after all, thanks!

Stickman
Feb 1, 2004

NoDamage posted:

I don't know if it makes sense anymore to continue to looking at death rates the same way considering that the vaccines have created two very disparate risk pools.

On one hand it is very unfortunate that a bunch of people have had their brains poisoned by Joe Rogan and Fox News into refusing vaccination, on the other hand they made their choice and it's not like we can really force them to choose otherwise.

It doesn't really matter what relative death/hospitalization/morbidity rates are if the absolute rates are still unacceptably high. And that's even before we get into healthcare resource overruns.

It's the same problem with the argument that kids are "protected" because their death rates are lower than sick old people (on average). It doesn't matter what's happening in other groups when we talk about pediatric infections themselves, except insofar as pediatric transmissions put immediate family and people like school staff at increased risk.

James Garfield
May 5, 2012
Am I a manipulative abuser in real life, or do I just roleplay one on the Internet for fun? You decide!

Stickman posted:

It doesn't really matter what relative death/hospitalization/morbidity rates are if the absolute rates are still unacceptably high. And that's even before we get into healthcare resource overruns.

It's the same problem with the argument that kids are "protected" because their death rates are lower than sick old people (on average). It doesn't matter what's happening in other groups when we talk about pediatric infections themselves, except insofar as pediatric transmissions put immediate family and people like school staff at increased risk.

But the implication of the chart is that the general population rate could be at the lower level if everyone got vaccinated with three shots. It's important context when someone is suggesting policy actions. If you say the government should make everyone stay home and your argument for why doesn't address the possibility of making everyone get vaccinated, it's not very convincing.

Vaccines existing doesn't mean all other public health interventions are automatically wrong, but in this thread it seems like "public health" always means coercive things and "why not coerce people to get vaccinated" is a very relevant question there.

Fighting Trousers
May 17, 2011

Does this excite you, girl?

freebooter posted:

I can't find it anymore but there was an article by a doctor saying that there would probably be fewer than a hundred people in the entirety of Australia who medically can't get vaccinated, given the breadth of vaccines that have been approved.

Unfortunately, we don't really have a "breadth" here in the States.

Youth Decay
Aug 18, 2015

Fighting Trousers posted:

Unfortunately, we don't really have a "breadth" here in the States.

Sure we do. Moderna, AZ, Pfizer, J&J.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.

Fuschia tude posted:

It's definitely much less likely, but it's possible there's nonindependent likelihood of allergy to both sets of transfer media; I genuinely don't know.

Stickman
Feb 1, 2004

James Garfield posted:

But the implication of the chart is that the general population rate could be at the lower level if everyone got vaccinated with three shots. It's important context when someone is suggesting policy actions. If you say the government should make everyone stay home and your argument for why doesn't address the possibility of making everyone get vaccinated, it's not very convincing.

Vaccines existing doesn't mean all other public health interventions are automatically wrong, but in this thread it seems like "public health" always means coercive things and "why not coerce people to get vaccinated" is a very relevant question there.

I’m certainly not going to disagree that vaccines should be mandatory - I’ve been a proponent of vaccine mandates since well before COVID. My comment was meant to address what I read into ND’s comment, which I felt was meant to imply that we should ditch public control measures because the vaccinated are protected and the unvaccinated “made their choice”. My point is that the vaccinated are still impacted the reality of the unvaccinated both through healthcare resource over-utilization and through widespread transmissions (which also can’t be be controlled by vaccination alone at this point). The relative risks shown on the graph don’t say anything about whether the lower risk is acceptably low. It’s possible I misread the intended implications of the original post, though!

Another thing to keep in mind about this graph is that it is age-adjusted. That puts it closer to showing individual-level relative risk, but because older people are far more likely to be vaccinated the actual death burden in the vaccinated is higher than the adjusted numbers suggest (plus we’re very likely undercounted breakthrough deaths).

Stickman fucked around with this message at 08:10 on Jan 31, 2022

NoDamage
Dec 2, 2000

Stickman posted:

It doesn't really matter what relative death/hospitalization/morbidity rates are if the absolute rates are still unacceptably high.
It matters for the purpose of assessing one's own risk level, and also to guide our approach to getting those rates down - ultimately we need to close the gap between those two lines by getting as many people vaxxed and boosted as possible.

Stickman posted:

My comment was meant to address what I read into ND’s comment, which I felt was meant to imply that we should ditch public control measures because the vaccinated are protected and the unvaccinated “made their choice”.
I did not mean to suggest we should ditch public control measures but I am starting to wonder how much of a dent they'll make in the death rate when the Venn diagram of "people who refuse to get vaccinated", "people who refuse to wear masks", and "people who ignore lockdowns" probably has a ton of overlap.

quote:

My point is that the vaccinated are still impacted the reality of the unvaccinated both through healthcare resource over-utilization and through widespread transmissions (which also can’t be be controlled by vaccination alone at this point).
For sure, I don't disagree here and it's a terrible situation.

zenguitarman
Apr 6, 2009

Come on, lemme see ya shake your tail feather

Getting mixed messages from NPR here

After 2 years, growing calls to take masks off children in school (Jan 28)

Why omicron is crushing hospitals — even though cases are often milder than delta (Jan 29)

My two year old brought it home from daycare (no symptoms, wouldn't have known if we hadn't tested her), passed it on to me (boosted, symptoms were basically a mild cold). Back to work tomorrow, finally. Ended up being home a lot this January.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Those don't appear to be from the same author and they don't look like formal statements from NPR

dwarf74
Sep 2, 2012

Buglord
So with a kid and wife catching covid last week, I can tell you the 5 day CDC recommended quarantine is fuckin wild.

Both had breakthrough cases - son got 2nd shot after Thanksgiving, wife had her booster back in October - and they're definitely not back to good yet.

I have no idea how infectious they still are but I had to tell the school to hold off another day before the kid would be back. He's still got the occasional cough and I just don't want to get any other families sick.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

A friend of mine got covid on New Year’s Eve after getting Alpha twice and 4 shots. He tested PCR positive for 19 days though he also had pneumonia and I think strep.

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

From KFF's most recent tracking survey for the U.S.:

quote:

Key Findings

* The latest KFF COVID-19 Monitor finds that fatigue and frustration dominate the public’s mood as the U.S. nears the pandemic’s two-year anniversary. While partisans have often been split in their pandemic attitudes, roughly three in four Democrats, independents, and Republicans say they feel “tired” and “frustrated,” and similar shares say they think it is likely that most people in the U.S. will eventually get infected with COVID-19. Partisans do divide, however, on whether the pandemic is the most important issue facing the country, with about half of Democrats choosing COVID-19 as the most important among 6 different issues and a similar share of Republicans choosing inflation as the top issue.

* The public overall says that compared to previous waves of the virus, they are now “more worried” about the impact of the omicron surge on the U.S. economy and on their local hospitals, but “less worried” about the impact in their own personal lives. Notably, however, Black and Hispanic adults and those with lower incomes report higher levels of worry than their counterparts when it comes to missing work due to COVID-19 or becoming seriously ill or hospitalized, reflecting the increased burden the pandemic has placed on people of color over the past two years.

* While many vaccinated people have become infected with the omicron variant, a majority of the public (62%) continue to see the fact that most vaccinated people who get COVID-19 do not require hospitalization as a sign that the vaccines are working. However, the share who see breakthrough infections as a sign that the vaccines are not working has increased slightly since September (from 26% to 34%).

* After holding relatively steady for several months, vaccine uptake inched up in January, with 77% now saying they have received at least one dose of a COVID-19 vaccine (up from 73% in November 2021). This movement seems to have come from a chipping away at the shares who say they will get vaccinated right away, will “wait and see” or will get vaccinated only if required. The share saying they will “definitely not” get vaccinated currently stands at 14% and has not moved in a statistically significant way since December 2020.

* With the CDC now recommending that all eligible adults get a COVID-19 booster shot, we find that about four in ten (42%) of all adults say they have received a booster dose, a third (34%) have received at least one vaccine dose but are not boosted, and 22% remain unvaccinated. Among the population likely to be booster-eligible (those who either received a booster or completed a full initial course of vaccination 6 months ago or longer), seven in ten have gotten a booster.

* Gaps in booster uptake are mirroring early gaps in initial vaccination uptake, with adults 65 and older (66%) and Democrats (62%) among the most likely to have received a booster and Black and Hispanic adults lagging behind White adults in booster uptake (31%, 37%, and 46%, respectively). Among those who are vaccinated but not boosted, four in ten (39%) say they want to get a booster as soon as they can, however a similar share say they will either definitely not get a booster (19%) or only do so if required (22%).

* Nearly one-quarter of adults (23%) now say they’ve tested positive for COVID-19 at some point, including 8% who say they’ve tested positive in the past month. Among those who tested positive in the past month, 16% say their positive result was on an in-home test only, which is unlikely to be recorded in official COVID-19 case counts. Difficulty accessing COVID-19 tests is likely further contributing to an undercount of cases.

* Amid the omicron surge, about six in ten of those who tried to purchase an at-home COVID-19 test say the tests were difficult to find, and one-third (35%) of those who tried to find an in-person test similarly report difficulty. Overall, nearly a quarter (23%) of all adults say they tried to find either type of test and faced difficulty. More broadly, about half of adults say there are not enough COVID-19 tests available in their local area for those who want them. In addition, while about eight in ten are confident the results of COVID-19 tests at a medical facility or testing site are usually accurate, just over half (54%) are similarly confident in the accuracy of home tests.

* About half of adults say the FDA deserves at least a fair amount of blame for the limited availability of tests, while about four in ten assign blame to each President Joe Biden and the test manufacturers. President Biden announced on January 14th that Americans could order free at-home tests beginning on January 19th, while the survey was still in the field.

* Around one in five adults (19%) report they’ve personally had difficulty in the past three months figuring out whether they needed to isolate or limit their normal activities due to a COVID-19 exposure, positive test, or symptoms. This is even higher among those who say they tested positive for COVID-19 in the last month (38%) and those who reported difficulty finding a COVID-19 test (37%).

Visuals:

Charles 2 of Spain
Nov 7, 2017

That uninsured percentage is pretty interesting, quite a low number but not because they don't want to be vaccinated.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Charles 2 of Spain posted:

That uninsured percentage is pretty interesting, quite a low number but not because they don't want to be vaccinated.

I wonder how much of that number is people who don't know or won't believe that it's free

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

haveblue posted:

I wonder how much of that number is people who don't know or won't believe that it's free

Sadly for some of them I'm sure they have some life experiences that led them to be skeptical of a medical procedure that is advertised as free.

James Garfield
May 5, 2012
Am I a manipulative abuser in real life, or do I just roleplay one on the Internet for fun? You decide!

Charles 2 of Spain posted:

Look four bars above that one, there's hardly a difference between insured and uninsured. The important part is probably "below age 65" since people over 65 are much more likely to be vaccinated.

Charles 2 of Spain
Nov 7, 2017

I reckon 10% vs. 16% is pretty different in the context of never getting vaccinated.

StratGoatCom
Aug 6, 2019

Our security is guaranteed by being able to melt the eyeballs of any other forum's denizens at 15 minutes notice

https://nextstrain.org/groups/neherlab/ncov/21K.21L

:stonklol:

Good grief that is quite the radiation.

Fighting Trousers
May 17, 2011

Does this excite you, girl?

Youth Decay posted:

Sure we do. Moderna, AZ, Pfizer, J&J.

Moderna and Pfizer are both mRNA vaccines and functionally identical. J&J has proven to be really only effective in the short term, so much so that it is basically ignored in any discussion of vaccination, and I wasn't aware AZ was even available here in the US. I certainly haven't seen it offered anywhere.

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

I'm still trying to figure out what the ~5% of 'wait and see' respondents in most bins are waiting for/expecting to see, unless they just didn't notice the "only if required" option.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

Can you please stop posting this kind of thing without any meaningful commentary or analysis? This is completely meaningless to a layperson and it seems like you're just posting a BIG SCARY GRAPH to get attention. If I'm misreading you I apologize but the post as it stands is pretty worthless for this thread.

StratGoatCom
Aug 6, 2019

Our security is guaranteed by being able to melt the eyeballs of any other forum's denizens at 15 minutes notice

Professor Beetus posted:

Can you please stop posting this kind of thing without any meaningful commentary or analysis? This is completely meaningless to a layperson and it seems like you're just posting a BIG SCARY GRAPH to get attention. If I'm misreading you I apologize but the post as it stands is pretty worthless for this thread.

It means that it's diversifying fast; it may or may not amount to something, but it's something to watch. Lots of diversification means an increased chance of variants with novel capabilities or strengthening of various abilities or changed behaviors.

StratGoatCom fucked around with this message at 17:53 on Jan 31, 2022

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007

At night, Bavovnyatko quietly comes to the occupiers’ bases, depots, airfields, oil refineries and other places full of flammable items and starts playing with fire there

StratGoatCom posted:

It means that it's diversifying fast; it may or may not amount to something, but it's something to watch. Lots of diversification means an increased chance of variants with novel capabilities or strengthening of various abilities or changed behaviors.

Does it? How does it show rapid diversification?

Here's the cladogram for Delta. Looks scary!!!!!

Looks even scarier than yours!

Rust Martialis fucked around with this message at 21:21 on Jan 31, 2022

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

StratGoatCom posted:

Thanks for clarifying, I don't have a problem with people discussing science and research but I would appreciate at least this much commentary on an initial post with stuff like this. I have repeatedly asked people to add some sort of content or analysis when they drop a tweet or an article, and this is especially important if you're trying to highlight some sort of new research that's not really meant to be consumed by a layperson. So consider this a fair warning going forward, I've made this ask enough times that I am just going to probe these posts going forward.

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007

At night, Bavovnyatko quietly comes to the occupiers’ bases, depots, airfields, oil refineries and other places full of flammable items and starts playing with fire there
Denmark - 31 January 2022

Wow. Another 20% drop in actual cases from 28 to 29 Jan. But hospital bed use is now over 1000.

Also, patient #14 between 20-19 died yesterday. :(

So how did things go in the last 2 months? Well we had something like 70% of ALL recorded cases in the last 60 days. But only a third the total hospitalizations and 25% of the deaths.

Over HALF recorded cases in Denmark in the ENTIRE pandemic were THIS past month.

pre:
Month:		Pre-Dec '21	Dec 2021	Jan 2022
Cases:		491,972		311,831		853,845
Hospital:	 20,722		  3,837		  5,766
Deaths:		  2,916		    324		    475
Table 1. Actual and Reported Denmark COVID Cases reported per day
pre:
	Actual	Reported	New	Total
Date	Cases	Cases	Reinf.	Hosp.	Hosp.	ICU		Vent		Dead
==============================================================================================
Jan 31	   ---	29,084	1,478	  255	1,028	32 (+1)		15 (0)		17
Jan 30	12,808	36,196	2,055	  231	  948	31 (-4)		15 (-4)		21
Jan 29	28,186	41,083	2,332	  271	  922	35 (+2)		19 (+0)		17
Jan 28	35,946	53,655	3,263	  305	  967	33 (-4)		19 (-3)		26
Jan 27	39,088	51,033	3,119	  318	  955	37 (-3)		22 (-3)		18
Jan 26	41,724	46,747	3,028	  298	  938	40 (-4)		25 (-3)		14
Jan 25	48,689	43,734	2,856	  318	  918	44 (+1)		28 (-1)		14
Jan 24	53,716	40,348	2,501	  242	  894	43 (+1)		29 (+2)		13
Jan 23	38,017	42,018	2,755	  215	  813	42 (-3)		27 (-1)		12
Jan 22	34,713	36,120	2,285	  220	  781	45 (+1)		28 (-1)		25
Jan 21	37,409	46,831	3,160	  244	  813	44 (-5)		29 (+1)		21
Jan 20	37,420	40,626	2,639	  232	  825	49 (-1)		28 (-2)		15
Jan 19	37,595	38,759	2,285	  248	  821	50 (+1)		30 (+1)		16
Jan 18	40,303	33,493	2,002	  264	  810	49 (-3)		29 (-8)		14
Jan 17	41,486	28,780	1,815	  203	  802	52 (-7)		37 (-4)		11
Jan 16	28,179	26,169	1,614	  159	  734	59 (+0)		41 (+1)		16 
Jan 15	25,188	25,034	1,644	  202	  711	59 (-1)		40 (+4)		16
Jan 14	25,883	23,614	1,519	  215	  757	60 (-4)		36 (-2)		15
Jan 13	23,776	25,751	1,822	  194	  755	64 (-9)		38 (-8)		20
Jan 12	22,575	24,343	1,614	  215	  751	73 (+0)		46 (+0)		25
Jan 11	22,656	22,936	1,459	  181	  754	73 (-1)		46 (-1)		14
Jan 10	23,244	14,414	  941	  156	  777	74 (-3)		47 (-3)		 9 
Jan 09	16,330	19,248	1,327	  126	  723	77 (-1) 	50 (-2) 	14 
Jan 08	13,573	12,588	  984	  161	  730	78 (+0) 	52 (-1) 	28 
Jan 07	14,434	18,261	1,482	  186	  755	78 (-4) 	53 (+4) 	10  
Jan 06	15,417	25,995	2,027	  161	  756	82 (+2) 	47 (-2) 	11  
Jan 05	17,577	28,283	2,083	  204	  784	80 (+3) 	49 (+2) 	15
Jan 04	23,698	23,372	1,701	  229	  792	77 (+4) 	47 (+1) 	15
Jan 03*	25,617	 8,801	  532	  169	  770	73 (-3) 	46 (-4) 	 5
Jan 02  19,906 	 7,550	  404	  163	  709	76 (+3) 	50 (+1) 	15
Jan 01   8,631	20,885	1,049	  139	  647	73 (+0) 	49 (+0) 	 5
Dec 31   9,728	17,605	1,090	  177	  641	73 (-2) 	49 (-1) 	11
Dec 30  19,927	21,403	1,123	  178	  665	75 (-2) 	50 (-2) 	 9
Dec 29  17,245	23,228	1,205	  173	  675	77 (+6) 	52 (+2) 	16
Dec 28  21,955	13,000	  670	  177	  666	71 (+1) 	50 (+4) 	14
Dec 27  22,616	16,164	  639	  115	  608	70 (-1) 	46 (-2) 	 7
Dec 26  10,965	14,844	  644	  123	  579	71 (-2) 	43 (+1) 	13
Dec 25   7,853	10,027	  463	   86	  522	73 (-1) 	44 (+5) 	10
Dec 24   7,054	11,229	  527	  134	  509	74 (+2) 	39 (+1) 	14
Dec 23  12,605	12,487	  613	  158	  541	72 (+6) 	38 (+1)		15
Dec 22  11,591	13,386	  531	  126	  524	66 (-1) 	37 (+2)		14 
Dec 21  13,011	13,558	  501	  121	  526	67 (+1) 	35 (+2)		17
Dec 20  13,288	10,082	  ---	   85	  581	66 (+3) 	33 (-2)		 8
Dec 19  10,231 	 8,212
Dec 18  10,049 	 8,594
Dec 17  10.614	11,194
Dec 16  10,171 	 9,999
Dec 15  10,775 	 8,773	  ---	   96	  508	66 (+0)		43 (-3)		 9
Dec 13  10,294 	 7,799	  ---	   61	  480	64 (-1)		42 (+0)		 9
Dec 12   6,986 	 5,989	  ---	   82	  468	65 (+5)		42 (+6)	 	 9
Dec 08   6,560 	 6,629	  ---	   72	  461	66 (-1)		38 (-1)		 7
Dec 01   4,464 	 5,120	  ---	   88	  439	35 (+1)		35 (+1)		14

Table 2: ICU Bed Usage, Weekly (reported every 2 weeks)
pre:
Date      		Bed Availability
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
17 January  	328 ICU beds, 54 COVID, 66 available
10 January  	331 ICU beds, 72 COVID, 29 available
03 January  	331 ICU beds, 76 COVID, 32 available
27 December	316 ICU beds, 71 COVID, 62 available 
20 December 	317 ICU beds, 60 COVID, 59 available
13 December 	319 ICU beds, 64 COVID, 39 available
06 December 	310 ICU beds, 67 COVID, 10 available <-- squeaky bum time here
29 November	318 ICU beds, 61 COVID, 25 available
Sourcea:
https://www.rkkp.dk/kvalitetsdatabaser/databaser/dansk-intensiv-database/resultater/
https://covid19.ssi.dk/overvagningsdata/download-fil-med-overvaagningdata
https://experience.arcgis.com/experience/242ec2acc014456295189631586f1d26
https://covid19.ssi.dk/virusvarianter/delta-pcr

Rust Martialis fucked around with this message at 21:08 on Jan 31, 2022

Foxfire_
Nov 8, 2010

Fighting Trousers posted:

Moderna and Pfizer are both mRNA vaccines and functionally identical.
They're different in terms of non-RNA carrier ingredients. Somebody who has a reaction to a stabilizer in one (which is already extremely rare) isn't necessarily going to be sensitive to stuff in the other

HonorableTB
Dec 22, 2006

Rust Martialis posted:

Does it? How does it show rapid diversification?

Here's the cladogram for Delta. Looks scary!!!!!

Looks even scarier than yours!

And where is Delta now

UCS Hellmaker
Mar 29, 2008
Toilet Rascal

HonorableTB posted:

And where is Delta now

Still loving here killing people even if omicron is rampant?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather

Rust Martialis posted:

Denmark - 31 January 2022

Wow. Another 20% drop in actual cases from 28 to 29 Jan. But hospital bed use is now over 1000.

Also, patient #14 between 20-19 died yesterday. :(

December 2021 Stats:
pre:
Month:		Pre-Dec '21	Dec 2021	Jan 2022
Cases:		491,972		311,831		853,845
Hospital:	20,722		3837		5,766
Deaths:		2,916		324		475
Table 1. Actual and Reported Denmark COVID Cases reported per day
pre:
	Actual	Reported	New	Total
Date	Cases	Cases	Reinf.	Hosp.	Hosp.	ICU		Vent		Dead
==============================================================================================
Jan 31	   ---	29,084	1,478	  255	1,028	32 (+1)		15 (0)		17
Jan 30	12,808	36,196	2,055	  231	  948	31 (-4)		15 (-4)		21
Jan 29	28,186	41,083	2,332	  271	  922	35 (+2)		19 (+0)		17
Jan 28	35,946	53,655	3,263	  305	  967	33 (-4)		19 (-3)		26
Jan 27	39,088	51,033	3,119	  318	  955	37 (-3)		22 (-3)		18
Jan 26	41,724	46,747	3,028	  298	  938	40 (-4)		25 (-3)		14
Jan 25	48,689	43,734	2,856	  318	  918	44 (+1)		28 (-1)		14
Jan 24	53,716	40,348	2,501	  242	  894	43 (+1)		29 (+2)		13
Jan 23	38,017	42,018	2,755	  215	  813	42 (-3)		27 (-1)		12
Jan 22	34,713	36,120	2,285	  220	  781	45 (+1)		28 (-1)		25
Jan 21	37,409	46,831	3,160	  244	  813	44 (-5)		29 (+1)		21
Jan 20	37,420	40,626	2,639	  232	  825	49 (-1)		28 (-2)		15
Jan 19	37,595	38,759	2,285	  248	  821	50 (+1)		30 (+1)		16
Jan 18	40,303	33,493	2,002	  264	  810	49 (-3)		29 (-8)		14
Jan 17	41,486	28,780	1,815	  203	  802	52 (-7)		37 (-4)		11
Jan 16	28,179	26,169	1,614	  159	  734	59 (+0)		41 (+1)		16 
Jan 15	25,188	25,034	1,644	  202	  711	59 (-1)		40 (+4)		16
Jan 14	25,883	23,614	1,519	  215	  757	60 (-4)		36 (-2)		15
Jan 13	23,776	25,751	1,822	  194	  755	64 (-9)		38 (-8)		20
Jan 12	22,575	24,343	1,614	  215	  751	73 (+0)		46 (+0)		25
Jan 11	22,656	22,936	1,459	  181	  754	73 (-1)		46 (-1)		14
Jan 10	23,244	14,414	  941	  156	  777	74 (-3)		47 (-3)		 9 
Jan 09	16,330	19,248	1,327	  126	  723	77 (-1) 	50 (-2) 	14 
Jan 08	13,573	12,588	  984	  161	  730	78 (+0) 	52 (-1) 	28 
Jan 07	14,434	18,261	1,482	  186	  755	78 (-4) 	53 (+4) 	10  
Jan 06	15,417	25,995	2,027	  161	  756	82 (+2) 	47 (-2) 	11  
Jan 05	17,577	28,283	2,083	  204	  784	80 (+3) 	49 (+2) 	15
Jan 04	23,698	23,372	1,701	  229	  792	77 (+4) 	47 (+1) 	15
Jan 03*	25,617	 8,801	  532	  169	  770	73 (-3) 	46 (-4) 	 5
Jan 02  19,906 	 7,550	  404	  163	  709	76 (+3) 	50 (+1) 	15
Jan 01   8,631	20,885	1,049	  139	  647	73 (+0) 	49 (+0) 	 5
Dec 31   9,728	17,605	1,090	  177	  641	73 (-2) 	49 (-1) 	11
Dec 30  19,927	21,403	1,123	  178	  665	75 (-2) 	50 (-2) 	 9
Dec 29  17,245	23,228	1,205	  173	  675	77 (+6) 	52 (+2) 	16
Dec 28  21,955	13,000	  670	  177	  666	71 (+1) 	50 (+4) 	14
Dec 27  22,616	16,164	  639	  115	  608	70 (-1) 	46 (-2) 	 7
Dec 26  10,965	14,844	  644	  123	  579	71 (-2) 	43 (+1) 	13
Dec 25   7,853	10,027	  463	   86	  522	73 (-1) 	44 (+5) 	10
Dec 24   7,054	11,229	  527	  134	  509	74 (+2) 	39 (+1) 	14
Dec 23  12,605	12,487	  613	  158	  541	72 (+6) 	38 (+1)		15
Dec 22  11,591	13,386	  531	  126	  524	66 (-1) 	37 (+2)		14 
Dec 21  13,011	13,558	  501	  121	  526	67 (+1) 	35 (+2)		17
Dec 20  13,288	10,082	  ---	   85	  581	66 (+3) 	33 (-2)		 8
Dec 19  10,231 	 8,212
Dec 18  10,049 	 8,594
Dec 17  10.614	11,194
Dec 16  10,171 	 9,999
Dec 15  10,775 	 8,773	  ---	   96	  508	66 (+0)		43 (-3)		 9
Dec 13  10,294 	 7,799	  ---	   61	  480	64 (-1)		42 (+0)		 9
Dec 12   6,986 	 5,989	  ---	   82	  468	65 (+5)		42 (+6)	 	 9
Dec 08   6,560 	 6,629	  ---	   72	  461	66 (-1)		38 (-1)		 7
Dec 01   4,464 	 5,120	  ---	   88	  439	35 (+1)		35 (+1)		14

Table 2: ICU Bed Usage, Weekly (reported every 2 weeks)
pre:
Date      		Bed Availability
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
17 January  	328 ICU beds, 54 COVID, 66 available
10 January  	331 ICU beds, 72 COVID, 29 available
03 January  	331 ICU beds, 76 COVID, 32 available
27 December	316 ICU beds, 71 COVID, 62 available 
20 December 	317 ICU beds, 60 COVID, 59 available
13 December 	319 ICU beds, 64 COVID, 39 available
06 December 	310 ICU beds, 67 COVID, 10 available <-- squeaky bum time here
29 November	318 ICU beds, 61 COVID, 25 available
Sourcea:
https://www.rkkp.dk/kvalitetsdatabaser/databaser/dansk-intensiv-database/resultater/
https://covid19.ssi.dk/overvagningsdata/download-fil-med-overvaagningdata
https://experience.arcgis.com/experience/242ec2acc014456295189631586f1d26
https://covid19.ssi.dk/virusvarianter/delta-pcr

Comparing cases on a daily basis has a lot of fluctuation. It's more interesting that January 29 has 19% less cases than the same day on the previous week. It's a bit less pronounced in the number of actual cases, but there's still a clear difference per day of the week.