Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BitcoinRockefeller
May 11, 2003

God gave me my money.

Hair Elf

Real hurthling! posted:

caught this very upset nyp op-ed calling snoop dog tracks "songs" in sarcastic quote marks like its still the 90s in his sad racist brain.

Snoop Dogg performing at Super Bowl halftime show becoming even worse look https://nypost.com/2022/01/29/snoop-dogg-at-super-bowl-halftime-show-becoming-even-worse-look/

drat, that's a blast from the past. Snoop Dogg has been a chilled stoner for so long I almost forget the panic he caused in amongst the parents when I was in 5th grade who were suddenly very concerned a bunch of white kids in Green Bay would join gangs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?

BitcoinRockefeller posted:

drat, that's a blast from the past. Snoop Dogg has been a chilled stoner for so long I almost forget the panic he caused in amongst the parents when I was in 5th grade who were suddenly very concerned a bunch of white kids in Green Bay would join gangs.

a valid worry, how many white kids from green bay became cops?

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

Pitch
Jun 16, 2005

しらんけど

Zeroisanumber posted:

Figured he'd sell it for a million so I guess this is good.
He's getting a million anyway because a judge ruled he's entitled to half of the $2 mil bail he crowdfunded.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
Incredible use of passive voice

https://twitter.com/nytimes/status/1487838049685975042?t=x4a3hmYPZj13F6OahYnu-w&s=19

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

whats all the fuss about then, it was clearly an accident

Palladium
May 8, 2012

Very Good
✔️✔️✔️✔️
Imagine Tiananmen getting the same NYT tonal treatment

Breakfast All Day
Oct 21, 2004

remember to wear hearing protection to the range so your ears dont get permanent division and hostility from all that unfolding

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Palladium posted:

tank tracks rolled forward in Beijing 33 years ago,

Toplowtech
Aug 31, 2004

Real hurthling! posted:

joe biden only likes german shepards like some kind of cop or nazi or process church member
Joe Biden's love for german shepherds always remind me of the Ali-Foreman boxing match in Zaire. The public totally turned against George Foreman because he showed up with his dog, a german shepherd, the dog of choice of the Belgium colonialist.

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

Zeroisanumber posted:

They should appoint a 35-year old defense lawyer with a degree from somewhere like Michigan or Wisconsin. Someone who knows the legal system well enough to hate it.

Justice Rihannon from 5-4

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Palladium posted:

Tiananmen actually get a pretty quick shoutout in the article itself.

quote:

The events themselves took a matter of minutes to unfold in a paroxysm of one-sided gunfire that snuffed out more than a dozen lives, each one of them a new martyr in Northern Ireland’s somber annals of loss. But the effort to unravel what happened in those brief moments — to parse the antecedents and the outcomes, to trace the lines of command on the grisly day that became known as Bloody Sunday — devoured years of costly inquiry.

And when the questioning was done, the conclusion was drawn by some that the killings by British soldiers on Jan. 30, 1972, had earned a place alongside the Sharpeville shootings in South Africa in 1960 and the Tiananmen Square killings in Beijing in 1989 as exemplars of lethal violence in the name of a state, directed against those who sought to defy its writ.

Palladium
May 8, 2012

Very Good
✔️✔️✔️✔️

PostNouveau posted:

it's amazing how hard they are selective amnesia-ing away the closeup gory pics of charred unarmed PLA soldiers that day

sleeptalker
Feb 17, 2011

Those soldiers just needed more training on how to use origami responsibly, obviously.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

that’s horrendous lmao

what the gently caress

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

i hate when gunfire unfolds, imo one of the worst things to unfold into civilians

Wraith of J.O.I. has issued a correction as of 17:08 on Jan 31, 2022

Breakfast All Day
Oct 21, 2004

Wraith of J.O.I. posted:

i hate when gunfire unfolds, imo one of the worst things to unfold into civilians

starmer used the same language, they mustve put out a new edition of the centrist style guide

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 19 minutes!

PostNouveau posted:

how could anyone conclude that bloody sunday deserved to be listed in the same breath as tiananmen square when tiananmen square hadnt happened yet

Muscle Wizard
Jul 28, 2011

by sebmojo

Some Guy TT posted:

how could anyone conclude that bloody sunday deserved to be listed in the same breath as tiananmen square when tiananmen square hadnt happened yet

bloody sunday = BAD. china = BAD. you retarded or something?

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

bari published some dumbass article about some girl transferring colleges because of wokeness or whatever........

https://twitter.com/bariweiss/status/1488187151141326853

but now it's quickly come out that she transferred for a different reason......

https://twitter.com/fallenigloos/status/1488211001262620672

Pistol_Pete
Sep 15, 2007

Oven Wrangler

Breakfast All Day posted:

starmer used the same language, they mustve put out a new edition of the centrist style guide

Acknowledging that the army murdered a bunch of British citizens and that the entire Establishment ensured that none of the culprits ever faced justice is awfully un-Grownup politics, don't you know.

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

Wraith of J.O.I. posted:

bari published some dumbass article about some girl transferring colleges because of wokeness or whatever........

https://twitter.com/bariweiss/status/1488187151141326853

but now it's quickly come out that she transferred for a different reason......

https://twitter.com/fallenigloos/status/1488211001262620672

oops all terfs

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

good for the creator i guess but ugh why can nothing free and mildly amusing last on its own

https://twitter.com/nytimes/status/1488264128422678535

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

I really hope this starts a mass boycott of the nyt

Necrothatcher
Mar 26, 2005

I mean good for the Wordle guy I guess, the craze was going to be over soon anyway.

Dustcat
Jan 26, 2019

Wraith of J.O.I. posted:

good for the creator i guess but ugh why can nothing free and mildly amusing last on its own

lmao good for him, i'm glad he got a chance to cash out, this could not have worked out better for him

coelomate
Oct 21, 2020

Wraith of J.O.I. posted:

The creator did a bunch of viral reddit BS before creating wordle. Its success is entirely due to that pre-existing network and not the quality of the idea and this makes me roll my eyes so hard.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

there was a good thing that provided measurable social utility

it is now gone . capitalism

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

Necrothatcher posted:

I mean good for the Wordle guy I guess, the craze was going to be over soon anyway.

I get the thought behind it, they think it might be the next sudoku so they jumped on it.

Zamujasa
Oct 27, 2010

Bread Liar

coelomate posted:

The creator did a bunch of viral reddit BS before creating wordle. Its success is entirely due to that pre-existing network and not the quality of the idea and this makes me roll my eyes so hard.

it was also a totally free, ad-free thing on the internet that people liked. making GBS threads on it because the idea isn't super unique is dumb

Orange Devil
Oct 1, 2010

Wullie's reign cannae smother the flames o' equality!

Zeroisanumber posted:

I get the thought behind it, they think it might be the next sudoku so they jumped on it.

It’s just an old TV-show game though. Called Lingo.

Vomik
Jul 29, 2003

This post is dedicated to the brave Mujahideen fighters of Afghanistan
my experimental numberwang app continues to go unpurchased, i assume due to my leftist beliefs

Breakfast All Day
Oct 21, 2004

Wraith of J.O.I. posted:

tomorrows word gonna be kamala

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

Zamujasa posted:

it was also a totally free, ad-free thing on the internet that people liked. making GBS threads on it because the idea isn't super unique is dumb

the game itself is straight up bad

the presentation and design aesthetic is good, with a bonus multiplier for "lol it's 2022 and there's a website without infinite scroll and/or something trying to install an etherium miner on your computer"

however, from a gameplay standpoint it's as bad as 2048

Clark Nova
Jul 18, 2004

wordle will remain free but you must take an oath to defend the sovereignty of ukraine and taiwan in order to play

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!

Phone posted:

the game itself is straight up bad

the presentation and design aesthetic is good, with a bonus multiplier for "lol it's 2022 and there's a website without infinite scroll and/or something trying to install an etherium miner on your computer"

however, from a gameplay standpoint it's as bad as 2048

There's something refreshing about a game that specifically refuses to take up too much of your time, too.

Wordle feels like more of an answer to the world of social media maximizing "engagement" than an answer to any questions of gameplay

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

A Buttery Pastry posted:

At least it's a cool kind of bug, industries creatures able to come together to build amazing climate controlled arcologies where they live in peace and harmony. Meanwhile, Americans are visually represented by cockroaches, a hosed up little creature that loves trash.

Termites are a kind of cockroach.

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

I don't get the Wordle phenomenon because it feels like it's just the Fallout hacking mini game mostly?

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

Lib and let die posted:

I don't get the Wordle phenomenon because it feels like it's just the Fallout hacking mini game mostly?

The only enjoyable thing about the fallout hacking mingame was hunting for the […] and {…} and whatnot

Does wordle have that part?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Palladium
May 8, 2012

Very Good
✔️✔️✔️✔️

Lib and let die posted:

every recently old thing is new now