Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Saltpowered
Apr 12, 2010

Chief Executive Officer
Awful Industries, LLC
This was shared in a company-wide email today by our CEO:

quote:

In addition, it is being reported that we are entering the Endemic of Covid. When we spoke to one of the bank CEO’s in NYC, he mentioned that he just got off the phone with the CEO of a large pharmaceutical company and they believe the end of COVID is upon us. This does not mean that we will not have on-going issues, however, they will be more flu-like in the future. This is GREAT news.

Are you ready to move beyond the issues with COVID and supply chain??? While we will still have issues with containers and other challenges, they will continue to reduce over the year. I am excited for these changes and it will allow all of us to get back to our normal routines in life and business. We have all spent the last 2 years dealing with emergencies and constant change that we may now have a chance to focus on stability and building a great business.

One of the big issues that we have all been reading about is the negative outlook and fear that has crept into society. Fear is being spread by the media and elected officials. My advice is to turn off your TV’s and newsfeeds and control your own thoughts. it is time to live our lives and focus on positive energy.

LOL.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Why Am I So Tired
Sep 28, 2021

Lawlicaust posted:

LOL.

The Endemic of COVID

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

i guess i expected a guy completely on fire to be screaming a lot more

call_of_qthulhu
Nov 21, 2003

Fun Shoe

Lawlicaust posted:

LOL.

THEY THINK ENDEMIC MEANS THE END OF THE DISEASE

WHAT THE gently caress

lmao

Zodium
Jun 19, 2004

Lawlicaust posted:

LOL.

Barry Soteriology
Mar 1, 2020

Jabronie posted:

Extinguisher not rated for grease fires

Hey, Luigi just no wanna take-a da shot. Why you gotta make-a da fun, huh?

Barry Soteriology
Mar 1, 2020

stimulate my rear end at work yourself, you coward!

Saltpowered
Apr 12, 2010

Chief Executive Officer
Awful Industries, LLC
Yeah…

I updated my resume, turned on my linked in flag, and reached out to some friends when I saw that.

Grey Fox
Jan 5, 2004

uh it says "End" can't you read???? End Demic.

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

Shear Modulus posted:

bad burns kill ur nerve endings

:skeltal:

Crazyweasel
Oct 29, 2006
lazy

lol loving shoot me if I’m ever in a position where I think people want to hear my unsolicited opinions on how to live their personal lives. Like I do some coaching and mentoring but that’s explicitly people coming to me. Who da gently caress wants listen to what the boss has to say

T-Paine
Dec 12, 2007

Sitting in the Costco food court unmasked, Bible in hand, reading my favorite Psalms to my five children: Abel, Bethany, Carlos, Carlos, and Carlos.
What are yall's plans for the postdemic?

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

when u have JFK jr on ur side, there is no need to scream

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

not_superiority posted:

WHAT THE gently caress

lmao

They really do. They declare COVID endemic and then they never have to think about COVID ever again.

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

JFK jr feels the pain so u dont have 2

kreeningsons
Jan 2, 2007

Lawlicaust posted:

LOL.

remembering the post by that one person who said that the CEO of one large pharmaceutical company works so separate from the rest of the company that they have their own personal entrance to the building with bodyguards. we should definitely listen to what they think about the covid endemic.

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Lawlicaust posted:

LOL.

I have never been more amused and disgusted this feeling is altogether new to me

AppleNippleBOB
May 13, 2007

T-Paine posted:

I was on a work/training call earlier, and one of the exercises was to discuss (with a partner) a thing that we wanted to do/have planned for once the pandemic was over.
Both of us agreed that we don't really think about that, because covid will never end. It was a refreshing conversation, though.

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

Lawlicaust posted:

LOL.

in short, don't learn anything about what's going on and just come to work dutifully until you die. :shobon:

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Thoguh posted:

They really do. They declare COVID endemic and then they never have to think about COVID ever again.

endemic means it gets reclassified as a variant of influenza

call_of_qthulhu
Nov 21, 2003

Fun Shoe
I bet that CEOs uncle works for Nintendo too

Why Am I So Tired
Sep 28, 2021

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

I have never been more amused and disgusted this feeling is altogether new to me

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

not_superiority posted:

WHAT THE gently caress

lmao

Yep, that’s exactly how it’s been used in very media he’s telling people to turn off

kreeningsons
Jan 2, 2007

I read several years ago about a once commonly prescribed medication that was quietly taken off the market after it was proven cause cardiac issues. Later, when some unrelated researchers looked into excess deaths, they were shocked that suddenly there were hundreds of thousands of fewer deaths due to cardiac arrest per year. Seemingly very few people had made the connection that taking that drug off the market may have caused a significant reduction in mortality.

At last that’s my recollection of this article. does his ring a bell for anyone? or does anyone know the medication in question?

I think about this a lot when wondering how much excess death the US can tolerate.

McNugget Buddy
Aug 14, 2021

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

There’s absolutely some coordinated poo poo going on with “it’s mild” and the herd immunity stuff.

Topol's tweet about the Washington post article was retweeted by only one blue checkmark - this guy:

https://twitter.com/KennethBaer

quote:

Kenneth Baer
@KennethBaer

Founder Crosscut Strategies, LLC and @DemJournal, former Associate Director at WH OMB, author of Reinventing Democrats, reformed speechwriter.

Everyone he follows -
https://twitter.com/KennethBaer/following

https://www.crosscutstrategies.com/

quote:

Crosscut Strategies is a strategic communications and public affairs firm that works with Fortune 500 companies, high growth start-ups, and non-profit organizations to create the most favorable conditions possible for them to succeed.

We’re not afraid to cut across the grain to get things done.

We help organizations develop and craft a compelling narrative; handle crises; devise creative digital, media, and thought leadership strategies - and execute to win.

quote:

WHAT WE DO

We help your organization reach its goals.

The aim of a communications program is to support the broader strategic goals of the organization – which can include everything from attracting investors and increasing valuation to reaching new customers, changing public policy, and establishing thought leadership.

PUBLIC AFFAIRS

Crosscut Strategies creates and executes winning campaigns that influence policy outcomes.

With years of experience in politics and government at every level and across the country, we know how to develop the messages, arguments, and campaigns needed to advance your public policy objectives. We work across issue areas and at the federal, state, and local level — applying our understanding of the issue terrain, relationships with the key players, and experience to achieve your goals.

THOUGHT LEADERSHIP

You can’t win a debate if you aren’t part of the conversation.

Crosscut Strategies understands how to elevate our clients’ profiles, reach key policymakers and influencers, and reshape the discussion affecting your business or your issue in the media and beyond. From research to targeted speaking engagements and brokering the right relationships, we help our clients create an environment in which they thrive – and win.

MEDIA RELATIONS

We don’t just develop the strategy – we deliver results.

Media relations strategy at Crosscut Strategies is driven by the belief that there is no “new media” — there is just media, and that’s why digital strategy is part of everything that we do. We identify the key audiences, and refine messages that influence and motivate. Moreover, we have the experience and relationships with the reporters, editors, and opinion leaders that matter most.

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

Shear Modulus posted:

from what I've read, the few moments of immolation destroys your nerve endings. no pain. your brain literally doesn't get the message anymore

Rah! posted:

bad burns kill ur nerve endings

:skeltal:

essentially this

call_of_qthulhu
Nov 21, 2003

Fun Shoe

Yep, that’s exactly how it’s been used in very media he’s telling people to turn off

can't wait for this to filter into my office, wooooo

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

T-Paine posted:

Live. Learn. Love.

*cough*

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

these people not only live in an alternate dimension where restaurants, airlines, and disney land are closed but also in their bizarro world the media is apparently telling people they have to worry about covid and not telling us it's either nonexistent or causes at worst a mild case of the sniffles

Apr 7, 2003

kreeningsons posted:

remembering the post by that one person who said that the CEO of one large pharmaceutical company works so separate from the rest of the company that they have their own personal entrance to the building with bodyguards. we should definitely listen to what they think about the covid endemic.

I work in a 63 story building that used to have a restaurant on the top floor. When the company I work for leased most of the building, they had the restaurant closed and the entire top floor turned into a compound for the CEO.

Each floor is about 43,000 square feet and the CEO got his very own, with it’s own elevator.

JAY ZERO SUM GAME
Oct 18, 2005

Walter.
I know you know how to do this.
Get up.

like, just look up the definition of the word

LionArcher
Mar 29, 2010

Hassan is piece by piece destroying Joe Rogan on his covid bullshit right, now, and has for the last hour on his twitch stream. it’s fantastic.

Cromulent_Chill
Apr 6, 2009

Did covid get the memo that it's time to wrap it up yet? All of these big brained leaders declaring covid over would be hilarious if it didn't mean so many more dead people than necessary.

Apr 7, 2003

McNugget Buddy posted:

Topol's tweet about the Washington post article was retweeted by only one blue checkmark - this guy:

https://twitter.com/KennethBaer

Everyone he follows -
https://twitter.com/KennethBaer/following

https://www.crosscutstrategies.com/

lol there it is

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

bedpan posted:

from what I've read, the few moments of immolation destroys your nerve endings. no pain. your brain literally doesn't get the message anymore

essentially this

so you're saying that in the movies when a guy gets caught on fire and screams his lungs out until he dies isn't realistic?

McNugget Buddy
Aug 14, 2021

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

kreeningsons posted:

Biden names Covid advisers as he speeds health agenda

quote:

“In health policy, there’s a deep bench of dozens of people, immensely qualified and diverse — all the flowers coming to bloom from the seeds that Obama and Biden planted," said Ken Baer, who was a senior OMB official under Obama.

That's the consulting firm guy Biden's currently using to steer messaging

gotta prop up the meritocracy during mass death

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

we need to learn to live with the fire currently consuming our flesh

Jon Irenicus
Apr 23, 2008

YO ASSHOLE

COVID refuses to come to the bargaining table, so we must convince our countrymen that victory is surrender

Just a Moron
Nov 11, 2021

not_superiority posted:

WHAT THE gently caress

lmao

Well it has the word end in it, duh. Pandemic means the demic is everywhere, endemic means the demic is ended.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

Long ago I got very mad about people intentionally and unintentionally pushing "endemic=harmless" but the anger turned to depression and apathy. Horrible, awful things are endemic.

I can't worry about that now. I spend my energy on trying to prevent catching COVID.