Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Aphex-
Jan 29, 2006

Dinosaur Gum
Baku welcomes all of us in this thread

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

meanwhile in actual news,

https://twitter.com/andrewbensonf1/status/1488089819423154179

the BBC posted:

Formula 1 is to make Covid-19 vaccines mandatory for all personnel this year.

The move will mean no-one will be able to work within the paddock - F1's inner sanctum where the teams operate - without being fully vaccinated.

The policy will apply to all personnel working within F1, including drivers, teams, media, hospitality workers and any guests who attend the races.

it seems like all the drivers are vaccinated already (as nobody was kept out from the United States GP, and full vaccination is a requirement of entry for the U.S. for non-citizens) but I wonder if this will catch any of the rest of the paddock off guard...

Take the plunge! Okay!
Feb 24, 2007

Welp I just smoked weed and I’m thinking of becoming a drugs guy now. S where do I cop heroin and how do I inject… Cheers!

Carrier
May 12, 2009

harperdc posted:

it seems like all the drivers are vaccinated already (as nobody was kept out from the United States GP, and full vaccination is a requirement of entry for the U.S. for non-citizens) but I wonder if this will catch any of the rest of the paddock off guard...

marko seems like the type to be an antivaxxer

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh

Carrier posted:

marko seems like the type to be an antivaxxer

carlos sainz sr would be my call

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000

harperdc posted:

Wasn’t the medical car driver antivax?

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester posted:

Apparently, trying to get by on the "had it and recovered and therefore have antibodies" loophole that some countries in Europe allowed before vaccinations were really, really widespread.

but now they're out there fully so probably shouldn't be allowed, but that's a debate for a different time and place.

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester posted:

Alan van der Merwe, yeah

styls trill epic
Dec 28, 2021

by sebmojo
The red bull car is certainly sick looking is it not?

Aphex-
Jan 29, 2006

Dinosaur Gum

styls trill epic posted:

The mclaren monaco 2021 livery is certainly sick looking is it not?

Residency Evil
Jul 28, 2003

4/5 godo... Schumi

If Lego comes out with a multi thousand piece F1 car I would buy it immediately.

For my son, due in March of course.

styls trill epic
Dec 28, 2021

by sebmojo

box box....

Full Collapse
Dec 4, 2002

Has anyone had the Chicken Big Mac yet?

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Full Collapse posted:

Has anyone had the Chicken Big Mac yet?

no I've kiboshed fast food in 2022. I'm all about air frying my meats now

Full Collapse
Dec 4, 2002

italian quid posted:

no I've kiboshed fast food in 2022. I'm all about air frying my meats now

Costco chicken nuggets are pretty good in the air fryer.

Kinda want to air fry a beef patty just for kicks.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

I bought an air fryer for health/convience reasons not to pretend like I'm a 5 year old lmao

Myrddin_Emrys
Mar 27, 2007

by Hand Knit

styls trill epic posted:

Welp I just watched the netflix series and I'm thinking of becoming an F1 guy now.

You still have time to just walk away, you are better than this, just, walk away

Full Collapse
Dec 4, 2002

italian quid posted:

I bought an air fryer for health/convience reasons not to pretend like I'm a 5 year old lmao

Don’t yuck my yum, please.

Panic! At The Tesco
Aug 19, 2005

FART

coincidentally I just got an air fryer today. it's not some fancy name brand but it was free and i can't wait to cook my nuggets in it

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

a pipe smoking dog posted:

Just FYI this is only true if you are an American, a lot of us can only legally watch F1 on Sky.

the world is telling you something.

maybe you should make better life choices and follow a different sport

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

lmao if you care about what's legal right now, especially if you live in the UK

Residency Evil
Jul 28, 2003

4/5 godo... Schumi
A few weeks ago, this thread was strongly defending KFC's merits.

Today, it's air fryers.

I'm beginning to think this thread is not actually full of the coolguy euros I thought it was.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Residency Evil posted:

A few weeks ago, this thread was strongly defending KFC's merits.

Today, it's air fryers.

I'm beginning to think this thread is not actually full of the coolguy euros I thought it was.

are you some kind of luddite. technology moves forward as time progresses dude

Residency Evil
Jul 28, 2003

4/5 godo... Schumi

italian quid posted:

No, just someone who worries about the association between the consumption of fried food and cardiovascular/all-cause/cancer mortality.

I guess I don't eat fried food enough to worry that the act of frying is slowing me down.

Panic! At The Tesco
Aug 19, 2005

FART

italian quid posted:

thats not always true look at the haas

Residency Evil
Jul 28, 2003

4/5 godo... Schumi
FYI this is how I have imagine all of the posters in this thread:

Although if I'm honest, the KFC/Airfryer talk is giving me second thoughts.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh

Residency Evil posted:

No, just someone who worries about the association between the consumption of fried food and cardiovascular/all-cause/cancer mortality.

I guess I don't eat fried food enough to worry that the act of frying is slowing me down.

I just cooked cauliflower in the air fryer

marshalljim
Mar 6, 2013

yospos

Residency Evil posted:

Air fryers don't fry :science:

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

learnincurve posted:

Now TV is the way to watch it if you don't want to get locked in.

just buy a hooky amazon tv stick off my aerial dude, it's like £50 for every tv channel on the planet

its the amazing feeling of wanting to kill yourself when you hear croft's voice with the smug sense of knowing that at least you are not contributing financially to his continued existence

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

Residency Evil posted:

FYI this is how I have imagine all of the posters in this thread:

Although if I'm honest, the KFC/Airfryer talk is giving me second thoughts.

antonio giovinazzi looks sick in his new FE overalls

MustardFacial
Jun 20, 2011
George Russel's
Official Something Awful Account
Lifelong Tory Voter

styls trill epic posted:

Welp I just watched the netflix series and I'm thinking of becoming an F1 guy now. So where do I watch and follow stuff for F1 stuff and how do I watch the next race.... Cheers!

First of all, this is a mistake. Get out while you can.

Depending on the country you’re in F1TV is a subscription service where you can watch all past races, and live races.

Early on, you’re going to have a lot of questions about the rules and how put strategies work etc. Check out Chain Bear on YouTube for explanations of all of that stuff.

2022 is a full on aero rule change with brand new cars so this is a good time to start. The first race isn’t until March but there are two testing sessions before that which will have some news.

Some helpful tips for this thread:
- Every poster who cheers for Lewis Hamilton or Mercedes is a fair weather fan that only likes them because they are winning. Watch how fast they turn coat when the chips are down. Many of them are bad people outright.

- Ferrari supporters are to be largely pitied. They pine for the glory days even though they know Ferrari are too incompetent to win again. Both drivers are good lads though

- McLaren and the papaya bois are the real stars of the sport. Jump on the bandwagon now so you can enjoy the next decade of their domination.

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

MustardFacial posted:

First of all, this is a mistake. Get out while you can.

Depending on the country you’re in F1TV is a subscription service where you can watch all past races, and live races.

Early on, you’re going to have a lot of questions about the rules and how put strategies work etc. Check out Chain Bear on YouTube for explanations of all of that stuff.

2022 is a full on aero rule change with brand new cars so this is a good time to start. The first race isn’t until March but there are two testing sessions before that which will have some news.

Some helpful tips for this thread:
- Every poster who cheers for Lewis Hamilton or Mercedes is a fair weather fan that only likes them because they are winning. Watch how fast they turn coat when the chips are down. Many of them are bad people outright.

- Ferrari supporters are to be largely pitied. They pine for the glory days even though they know Ferrari are too incompetent to win again. Both drivers are good lads though

- McLaren and the papaya bois are the real stars of the sport. Jump on the bandwagon now so you can enjoy the next decade of their domination.

tl;dr get out whilst you still can. this thread is basically a cancer ward of patients arguing over who has the least lovely prognosis.

e: apart from McLaren fans. They're the pant-making GBS threads alzheimers patients with like stage 24 air fryers in their brain telling you about how Ferrari fans with a mild cold have end stage rear end cobras and they're going to die any day now. :jerkbag:

e2: Zak Brown, Hack Clown :rip: @Wirth1000

Theophany fucked around with this message at 21:59 on Jan 31, 2022

JAY ZERO SUM GAME
Oct 18, 2005

Walter.
I know you know how to do this.
Get up.

Do not start watching F1, it is the worst goddamned sport

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

JAY ZERO SUM GAME posted:

Do not start watching F1, it is the worst goddamned sport

this

Slotducks
Oct 16, 2008

Nobody puts Phil in a corner.

if you do start watching it - skip the first... 8 races? there's too many races. It's a loving slog.

A Real Happy Camper
Dec 11, 2007

These children have taught me how to believe.
you should only cheer for drivers or teams at are miserable, which is why i became a mclaren fan in 2015, and currently only have eyes for sebastian "the bee man" vettel

a pipe smoking dog
Jan 25, 2010

"haha, dogs can't smoke!"
F1 is a dumb sport for idiots and you should probably watch something like wrestling which is less fraudulent

A Real Happy Camper
Dec 11, 2007

These children have taught me how to believe.
bahrain: usually decent, its fun to see cars go fast for the first time in the season
saudi: garbage
australia: half its charm is being the first race of the season so it will probably be boring
imola: boring, but cool old track.
miami: will probably be boring
spain: garbage
monaco: garbage
baku: either garbage or a complete shitshow.
canada: usually boring but its the only one ive been to so its ok
silverstone: can be ok
austria: can be ok to great
france: enjoy your migraine
hungary: garbage
belgium: good. best track of the season.
holland: sea levels cant rise fast enough
monza: good, cool old track.
russia: garbage
singapore: garbage
japan: good
cota: sometimes maybe good sometimes maybe poo poo
mexico: garbage
brazil: fantastic a+++
abu dhabi: garbage. absolute trash. even worse because we could finish the season at interlagos.

marshalljim
Mar 6, 2013

yospos
The Alonso/O'Ward lineup is going to return McLaren to glory and make the Gamerboy/Bogan days look like the dark ages.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

F1 is boring and bad which is why this thread veers wildly off course at any given opportunity