Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
I wish the cool aunt was Amy Sedaris. Fennec is just such a blank slate to me. Much better than even-more-blank-slate Carano, of course, but as good as Ming-Na is, there's just nothing ti the character on the page.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

Waiting for the payoff of her going for the bounty on Omega way back when, and working with Boba now.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
It is pretty telling that the ultra conservative "true way" Mandolorians are down to 2 members, and are still acting like they are hot poo poo. Yea it can be pointed out that Din was directly responsible for the death of most of their cadre but at the same time, Paz Visla and the Armorer are not going to recruit anyone, so they'll happily fade away, smug in their conservatism.

At least Bo Katan's faction is more open and can bring people in, but its clear that confidence in her and her own confidence in herself is shaken because she lead Mandolor to ruin. Though hilariously you can blame that on Sabine because she gave Bo the Darksaber and got the clans to rebel against the Empire, which brought brutal retribution. They couldn't have possibly known that the Empire would just nuke their world rather than trying to fight it out. That Mandalor was worth nothing to the Empire outside of what resources could be pulled from the planet itself. It sounds like the rebellion started, and then Empire, probably Moff Giden went "well, gently caress these guys, kill them all" and boom, ATOMICS!

Servetus
Apr 1, 2010
I don't know if Bo-Katan's faction is more open, I'm not sure if they even recruit or if they are all from the old houses and clans. It's not clear if they accept conversion to to Mandalorianism or if that is only the Watch's thing.

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

"هذا ليس عادلاً."
"هذا ليس عادلاً على الإطلاق."
"كان هناك وقت الآن."
(السياق الخفي: للقراءة)
The ultra-conservatives are still the largest faction if what the Armourer said was true and accurate, they just split into coverts across the galaxy and their locations are unknown to each other now. That was ostensibly what Din was going to try to find out in Season 2 before finding Bo-Katan.

Burning_Monk
Jan 11, 2005
Mad, Bad, and Dangerous to know

twistedmentat posted:

It is pretty telling that the ultra conservative "true way" Mandolorians are down to 2 members, and are still acting like they are hot poo poo. Yea it can be pointed out that Din was directly responsible for the death of most of their cadre but at the same time, Paz Visla and the Armorer are not going to recruit anyone, so they'll happily fade away, smug in their conservatism.

I do get this dark sense of doom whenever Din donates beskar "for the foundlings" "this is the way"... yeah I don't see any kids running around here. Might need to stop by the orphanage on your way back to the topside.

Everyone
Sep 6, 2019

by sebmojo

Servetus posted:

I don't know if Bo-Katan's faction is more open, I'm not sure if they even recruit or if they are all from the old houses and clans. It's not clear if they accept conversion to to Mandalorianism or if that is only the Watch's thing.

I don't think "Mandalorianism" is really a thing with Bo-Katan's bunch. Figure the only religion they have is the devotion to plunking Bo-Katan's rear end on whatever passes for the Mandalorian throne.

Servetus
Apr 1, 2010
Well she certainly had strong feelings about seeing Boba with his armor on. She's willing to be more flexible to get Din's help in her first episode though, so who knows.

Do you think any of New Mandalorians, the pacifists, survived?

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar
I think they all got domed.

Megillah Gorilla fucked around with this message at 05:32 on Feb 1, 2022

Bismuth
Jun 11, 2010

by Azathoth
Hell Gem
bo-katan deez nuts

Noob Saibot
Jan 29, 2020

by Fluffdaddy
When did the destruction of mandalor happen? I’m assuming between rebels and the first movie

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Megillah Gorilla posted:

I think they all got domed.

Yea thats literally millions of people dead. Outside of the Death Star, that is the single most destructive thing we've seen the empire do.

Madurai
Jun 26, 2012

feedmyleg posted:

I wish the cool aunt was Amy Sedaris. Fennec is just such a blank slate to me. Much better than even-more-blank-slate Carano, of course, but as good as Ming-Na is, there's just nothing ti the character on the page.

Every second spent expanding her character beyond "Fennec Shand is an elite mercenary" is a waste of my valuable Star Warring time.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Madurai posted:

Every second spent expanding her character beyond "Fennec Shand is an elite mercenary" is a waste of my valuable Star Warring time.

Fennec needs to do exactly 3 things in Star Wars, 1) look angry, 2) shoot someone occasionally, 3) drop a sick burn either before or after shooting someone. With 3a) being maybe hurricanrana some dumb motherfucker once a season.

Mandrel
Sep 24, 2006

Bo-Katan doesn't give a poo poo about anything but putting herself back on the throne she's Entitled to

give me the Watch any day

Bismuth
Jun 11, 2010

by Azathoth
Hell Gem
She also cares about being racist, a terrorist, and a hypocrite (pro all of those)

Dave Syndrome
Jan 11, 2007
Look, Bernard. Bernard, look. Look. Bernard. Bernard. Look. Bernard. Bernard. Bernard! Bernard. Bernard. Look, Bernard! Bernard. Bernard! Bernard! Look! Bernard! Bernard. Bernard! Bernard, look! Look! Look, Bernard! Bernard! Bernard, look! Look! Bern

Burning_Monk posted:

I do get this dark sense of doom whenever Din donates beskar "for the foundlings" "this is the way"... yeah I don't see any kids running around here. Might need to stop by the orphanage on your way back to the topside.

Pretty sure we saw a few kids when Din enters the sewers on Nevarro in the first episode.

EDIT: Episode 1, starting at 18:33

Dave Syndrome fucked around with this message at 12:29 on Feb 1, 2022

Arquinsiel
Jun 1, 2006

"There is no such thing as society. There are individual men and women, and there are families. And no government can do anything except through people, and people must look to themselves first."

God Bless Margaret Thatcher
God Bless England
RIP My Iron Lady
I have bad news for you about those kids... :ohdear:

WhiskeyWhiskers posted:

The ultra-conservatives are still the largest faction if what the Armourer said was true and accurate, they just split into coverts across the galaxy and their locations are unknown to each other now. That was ostensibly what Din was going to try to find out in Season 2 before finding Bo-Katan.
My gut says that's a "we're the silent majority!"-esque screeching from a fringe wingnut.

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

The N1 and the BD should've gotten posters too

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar
BD was nice, but when will we see live action Clink?

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Clink died on his way back to his home planet when Chopper murdered him.

Burning_Monk
Jan 11, 2005
Mad, Bad, and Dangerous to know

Dave Syndrome posted:

Pretty sure we saw a few kids when Din enters the sewers on Nevarro in the first episode.

EDIT: Episode 1, starting at 18:33

Yes, but that was before the Empire Remnants purged the culvert.

"There are three of us now." - Last episode

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004

Everyone posted:

Do it like Cliffhangers which I loved as a kid but got really pissed off about because I never got to see the end of two of the storylines.

Finally looked this up and gently caress me, where has this been my entire life? This is maybe my favorite concept for a TV show ever. And it looks like it's all on YouTube.

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

bo katan seems like a cool progressive minded person who would probably make a great mandalore and thats why i think shes BORING

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

"هذا ليس عادلاً."
"هذا ليس عادلاً على الإطلاق."
"كان هناك وقت الآن."
(السياق الخفي: للقراءة)
I kind of hope they explain more of the respective belief systems, because honestly not taking your helmet off isn't a particularly fundamentalist belief all things considered in Star Wars. Just recruit Ubese foundlings and you're set.

Eric Cantonese
Dec 21, 2004

You should hear my accent.

That DICK! posted:

bo katan seems like a cool progressive minded person who would probably make a great mandalore and thats why i think shes BORING

Woke makes you broke!!!

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

Lobok posted:

The Jedi have a Cerebro-type thing that Writ Listo uses to scope out the galaxy and find potential Padawans.
Please tell me this isn't real.

It's important to me that this isn't real.

Madurai
Jun 26, 2012

LividLiquid posted:

Please tell me this isn't real.

It's important to me that this isn't real.

The important thing here is that we don't know right away. I mean, you can hope it's not true, but you can't truly be sure. The possibility constantly lurks just beyond your range of vision, following us.

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2
Kit Fisto's cousin, Writ Listo

Robot Style
Jul 5, 2009

Writ Listo isn't real, but the Jedi did have Seekers, whose job was to scour the galaxy for Force-sensitive children. They also had various Holocrons that contained lists of Jedi kids (presumably maintained by the Seekers), which the Sith tried to get their hands on in The Clone Wars and Fallen Order. Presumably a lot of those kids would've aged out of becoming Jedi, but it wouldn't be surprising if the Jedi still kept tabs on known Force-sensitives for "security reasons".

Not every infant taken from their family actually becomes a Jedi, either. If a youngling isn't chosen by a master for one-on-one training, they get sent to work on a farm for the rest of their lives rather than just going back to their families.

Bismuth
Jun 11, 2010

by Azathoth
Hell Gem

That DICK! posted:

Bo-katan has mold in it

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
There is a certain logic to it, you probably don't want people with magical powers just out there doing whatever they want with them. We know that once you start using the Force for personal gain and inflicting pain on others you just get worse and worse and worse. There was probably a point in their history were the Jedi only took willing people on, but that resulted in bunch of really bad stuff happening so they started just gathering all the force sensitive children in the galaxy.

Bismuth
Jun 11, 2010

by Azathoth
Hell Gem

twistedmentat posted:

There is a certain logic to it, you probably don't want people with magical powers just out there doing whatever they want with them. We know that once you start using the Force for personal gain and inflicting pain on others you just get worse and worse and worse. There was probably a point in their history were the Jedi only took willing people on, but that resulted in bunch of really bad stuff happening so they started just gathering all the force sensitive children in the galaxy.

That breaks down a bit because there are multiple species with non-force superpowers essentially, and multiple species with strong force connections and their own force religions/practices that have managed to survive without total collapse due to the dark side. Maybe humans are really predisposed to going dark, but it doesnt seem true of every species.

Robot Style
Jul 5, 2009

twistedmentat posted:

That's also something that always made the "Sith were a splinter sect from the Jedi" lore ring false to me. You've got people developing these mystical powers that are explicitly easier to use when you're acting selfishly, and somehow the the peaceful good-guys were the first ones to rise to power? If anything, it seems like the original Sith should've been running rampant across the galaxy, with the Jedi only coming about as an effort to counter them.

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY
The Jedi won because while the Sith were out having fun with their "girls" and "parties", they studied the blade

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

Kesper North posted:

The Jedi won because while the Sith were out having fun with their "girls" and "parties", they studied the blade

Luckily for them, lightsabers are light :dadjoke:

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Entrapta fucking loves robots

Grimey Drawer

Kesper North posted:

Laser sword

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

Kesper North posted:

"The difference between the Jedi and the Sith is simple: Jedi use long-winded speeches to reach the heart of their warriors. We use a blade."

Bismuth
Jun 11, 2010

by Azathoth
Hell Gem
It is kinda weird/funny that the entire galaxy seems to be run and dominated by the shittiest most selfish assholes imaginable, and yet the Sith who's whole thing is supposed to be being lovely selfish assholes are nearly wiped out and the Jedi are the top force users. I mean, until you realize the jedi are also incredibly lovely selfish assholes then it sorta evens out

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY
What does the existence of Exegol teach us?

That the Sith find it more convenient to let the Jedi run around the galaxy trying to run things, because Senate meetings are boring as hell and long peace conferences screw with the orgy-planning. I bet there are more Exegols out there in Wild Space and Palpatine is regarded as a dipsith for what he pulled.

Kesper North fucked around with this message at 02:35 on Feb 2, 2022