Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Diephoon
Aug 24, 2003

LOL

Nap Ghost
Why is Big Hammer not in yet :mad: :fuckoff:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Real Horse
Oct 26, 2013

Tensokuu posted:

I almost always play paladin in any game it is offered, but I think in Lost Ark I'm just going to go Berserker. Just run around and hit things with my gigantic gently caress-off sword and make things explode into gibs.

I did this in the beta and it was extremely satisfying.

municipal shrimp
Mar 30, 2011

Has everyone chosen a server yet? It's gonna be an east coast one right?

Hy_C
Apr 1, 2010

Thanks!

Diabetic
Sep 29, 2006

When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world Diabeetus.
Considering I still pine for the days of Marvel Heroes, figures I would jump whole hog into this. Currently counting the minutes until early release and looking forward to being inappropriate with goons. :)

2DCAT
Jun 25, 2015

pissssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssssss sssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssss ssssssssssssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssss

Gravy Boat 2k
Paladins are the best class and in glad others recognize this

interrodactyl
Nov 8, 2011

you have no dignity
Hello goon friends, is there a good intro video i can watch or a good guide I can read through that explains the basics of this game so that I can learn how to play it? Or do I just mash my DPS rotation and the progression comes naturally?

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

interrodactyl posted:

Hello goon friends, is there a good intro video i can watch or a good guide I can read through that explains the basics of this game so that I can learn how to play it? Or do I just mash my DPS rotation and the progression comes naturally?

Are you looking more for an overview of all systems? Or more of how to hit the ground running fresh out of the gate style? I'm assuming overview of all systems?

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

You can pretty much just roll your face over your keyboard and get through the game. I played with not even 50% of the game translated into english through Google Translate and didn't have any problems.

PrinnySquad
Sep 20, 2008

It really isn't that complicated.
Just a reminder that per Discord polling we have enough west coast goons to definitely make a small guild, and there's enough EU goons to make an even smaller guild if they want. But currently we don't have anyone heading either of those efforts.

Akumos
Sep 10, 2006
I've seen reddit polls for NA/EU, the game is going to be swimming in zerkers/sorcs/blades too, not just paladins and bards. But there are way more DPS classes than supports, so based on the polls I saw, support will still probably be at most like 20% of what people roll. Still seems like too much but yeah. If you want easy groups, just roll a Wardancer. Not many people are playing it but it has the best buffs for group play in both PvE/PvP.

https://strawpoll.com/rs7dduj6u/r

Rexicon1
Oct 9, 2007

A Shameful Path Led You Here

I said come in! posted:

You can pretty much just roll your face over your keyboard and get through the game. I played with not even 50% of the game translated into english through Google Translate and didn't have any problems.

Finally. A game for me

Pragmatica
Apr 1, 2003
one week, friends!!! :woop:

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Rexicon1 posted:

Finally. A game for me

This is all I've ever asked for

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Pragmatica posted:

one week, friends!!! :woop:

Internet Explorer
Jun 1, 2005

Has a server been decided upon yet? Haven't had time to join the Discord.

Scoss
Aug 17, 2015

Akumos posted:

... based on the polls I saw, support will still probably be at most like 20% of what people roll. Still seems like too much but yeah...

https://strawpoll.com/rs7dduj6u/r

Considering every constructed group wants 1/4 of it to be support, even 20% is still leaving the support classes in high demand. I also imagine at least some of those paladin players don't quite understand that they aren't real DPS and will switch off at some point, so the real number is likely even lower.

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

The Demogorgon is tired of your silly human bickering!

Can paladins spec for full DPS? I saw in that support comparison video he mentioned paladins might not take their dash to fit in more support skills but I wonder if that works the other way around too and we'll get DPS paladins or bards who can't do much group support.

Scoss
Aug 17, 2015
They can-- the Paladin's default identity skill is in fact a self steroid that boosts offensive power. It's just that apparently they're not as good as a real DPS even if you spec fully in that direction.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

From what I've heard, DPS Paladins and Bards can do enough damage to clear content, but they'll do less damage than a proper DPS class and everyone would prefer if they ran support.

Tortolia
Dec 29, 2005

Hindustan Electronics Employee of the Month, July 2008
Grimey Drawer

Hellioning posted:

From what I've heard, DPS Paladins and Bards can do enough damage to clear content, but they'll do less damage than a proper DPS class and everyone would prefer if they ran support.

That's also what I'd heard - they can spec dps well enough to do whatever dailies and questing they need but they're not going to really be a primary or secondary choice for a dps slot.

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

You dps as a paladin/ bard for solo content like chaos dungeons.

You will not get into groups as a dps spec on those characters unless you are playing specifically with friends. Full stop. People will inspect your build and you'll be declined over and over again.

Also, if you are support on those classes it's not like you do no damage. You do damage it's just like 60-70% of a dps. Paladins are also tasked with countering enemies as they have 2 counter abilities.

Maid
Mar 3, 2006

Do you know the Wu-Tang secret of mopping?
For any west-coast-minded folks, Starfleet Dental is planning on having a presence on a west coast server. While not a goon guild, there are plenty of goons in SFD. Fair warning; the group has a pretty significantly different core culture than SA, tending to lean left and queer. If that sounds like a good time to you and you wanna play on west coast servers, you will be welcomed warmly at https://discord.gg/starfleetdental.

interrodactyl
Nov 8, 2011

you have no dignity

Zotix posted:

Are you looking more for an overview of all systems? Or more of how to hit the ground running fresh out of the gate style? I'm assuming overview of all systems?

Overview of systems, personally. It seems like I can just play the game and level up fine but I'm interested in learning more and how the different classes work.

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

interrodactyl posted:

Overview of systems, personally. It seems like I can just play the game and level up fine but I'm interested in learning more and how the different classes work.

I've been watching a lot of videos over the past month or so and I feel like this guy does the best job at introducing players to systems.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xS5HADow_sE He has a whole play list on the right to introduction to Lost Ark systems. This isn't a deep dive into each one to min-max, it's more of this is how this works and allows you to gain enough knowledge to hit the ground running.

This is a good video on class play style: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4oIb35347MQ

These two are likely what I'd be following for a more sweaty start to the game to make the most out of game launch:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w-jAL1ED4To

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1rN2Q7Sv5hJLWKpz8R-OEv3A9VOUDzIogzbdzzDCKjNU/edit

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Maid posted:

For any west-coast-minded folks, Starfleet Dental is planning on having a presence on a west coast server. While not a goon guild, there are plenty of goons in SFD. Fair warning; the group has a pretty significantly different core culture than SA, tending to lean left and queer. If that sounds like a good time to you and you wanna play on west coast servers, you will be welcomed warmly at https://discord.gg/starfleetdental.

Starfleet Dental is a very good group of people. If you're on West Coast, I throw in my endorsement for playing with them.

Akumos
Sep 10, 2006
From what I saw, you an having multiple specs setup? I swear I saw like 10 saved specs but maybe it's less. But if you run support, it doesn't seem like you're locked into it or anything, you just switch specs to DPS.

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Any idea which server SFD is planning on rolling on?

Pragmatica
Apr 1, 2003

Internet Explorer posted:

Has a server been decided upon yet? Haven't had time to join the Discord.

For East Coast, we are still deciding - but leaning towards Regulus. That is not final at all - we are keeping an eye on where people (mainly big name streamers/reddit) are going to avoid that messy mess.

Maid
Mar 3, 2006

Do you know the Wu-Tang secret of mopping?

fadam posted:

Any idea which server SFD is planning on rolling on?

We're currently looking at Enviksa, with an eye to avoiding the most populated servers.

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

The Demogorgon is tired of your silly human bickering!

I'm not 100% on this but from what I've seen - if you get a founder pack, as soon as you make your first character the founder pack content will settle in their store mail or storage. It's then locked to that server. You can access it on alts until you activate it but it won't show up if you make a new character somewhere else. So you may want to wait to see where goons get a presence going, or even see if anything goes wrong. People have had to switch servers from their original plans often over the years even on or after release day as servers fill up or have issues or a streamer rolls in with their audience horde.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Is there going to be a standalone client or will using steam be the only way?

Taima
Dec 31, 2006

tfw you're peeing next to someone in the lineup and they don't know
Just for the record im interested in a PST time zone guild and eagerly await more info. In the meantime I joined the SFD discord and said hi.

Flair
Apr 5, 2016

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

Based on all I can find, it seems to be Steam only.

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Some of my irl friends want to play with me and they're all west coast so I think we'll join SFD for this.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

Steam only, still better than the Russian release where it's published by an e-mail company and requires downloading a probably sketchy 3rd party app to run.

King Cocoa Butter
Mar 24, 2021

Don't be ashy.
I'll be joining the west coast crew - really excited to see this game coming to NA after first seeing a streamer play it years ago!

ColdIronsBound
Nov 4, 2008
Watched all the intro to the class videos on Lost Ark's YouTube channel. They all look fantastic.

Shame about the gender locks.. I'm a guy and have no issue playing a female character, however it does feel a bit odd playing a barely clothed female character.

Was settled on Paladin but now I'm 50/50 with Striker too.

Thank you for reading.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

I've seen a lot of posts about the importance of having a bunch of alts - is that a hard and fast requirement? How behind/disadvantaged would someone be who doesn't really bother with more than like... maybe one alt tops? The repeated emphasis on "alts important" is one of the biggest things that's turned me off from further looking into the game, to be honest.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tortolia
Dec 29, 2005

Hindustan Electronics Employee of the Month, July 2008
Grimey Drawer
My understanding is that while alts are helpful for funneling materials to your main for upgrades, you can probably just have one or two just doing stronghold missions for you and leave it at that if you don't want to be more involved in it.

All indications right now is that the dev is currently planning on doing a bunch of side activities and content for horizontal progression in the coming months and not more vertical power progression, so getting your upgrades more slowly is still going to get you where you need to go.