Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

steinrokkan posted:

Given the state of excavated skeletons of Egyptian builders (at the pyramid sites, Amarna and elsewhere) which show absolutely horrifying levels of work related injuries and debilitating deformities, the difference between free workers and slaves appears to be academic at best.

I mean, you could also say that there are so many worker related injuries and deformities on the workers buried at the work sites... because you wouldn't bury the healthy able bodied workers at the work sites.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

Samovar posted:

Film reels (admittedly, not all) of Hitler's election speeches were made with the help of the German subsidiaries of 20th century Fox - you can read more on the paper: Nazi Party Election Films, 1927-1938 by William G. Chrystal.

Also, who the heck Saddest Rhino'd a bunch of avatars?

No idea but I love it

DiabloStarCraft
Oct 12, 2006

What is there in this world that makes living worthwhile?"

CATS. CATS ARE NICE
🐱🐱🐱💀🐱🐱🐱

Regarde Aduck posted:

Minecraft: yes and no

the mainline version has ray tracing, engine improvements and um... some more decorations and more animals

the version you can mod which is usually what you're playing if you're not a child (meant literally, not as some weird jab) is the 'bedrock' version and is virtually unchanged since the acquisition. It'd be nice to get the engine updates and be able to build a nuclear reactor.

So nothing got worse, but nothing got better either? Obviously they're never going to let you mod the mainline version because they want drip feed paid dlc like their version of the sims. But the real issue is the dlc never further the game in any way. They know what they bought made money and they don't want to rock the boat in anyway so no, it's not 'bad' but it is entirely a victim of stagnation.

You can't really do 'engine upgrades' while retaining the modding because the java version is made in Java which is a loving hell language, bedrock (which is the new version) is basically a bottom up rebuild of the game so it actually runs well which is why they have the overhead to do real ray tracing and also run on a Nintendo switch (and allow multiplayer between your monster gaming pc and your kids old iPhone 5). Also they still port all the new gameplay stuff back to java, I don't think anything gameplay wise is missing from it. I know this has nothing to do with iosm besides 'just upgrade the engine duh'

Speaking of
https://twitter.com/jasonschreier/status/1062808445311692800?s=20&t=JHcyos3-rXOaohXgMYpJBA

hallo spacedog
Apr 3, 2007

this chaos is killing me
💫🐕🔪😱😱

The Saddest Rhino posted:

今天是大年初一, 我在这里祝大家✨💘 2022💘 ✨🌟 ,新的一年🎵 ✨✨🌵 一帆風順⛵🎏 ✨✨💐 二龍騰飛✈️🚀 ✨✨🌷 三羊開泰🌅 🎆 ✨✨🍀 四季平安🌈 🎑 ✨✨🌺 五福臨門😄 💪 ✨✨🌻 六六大順🎉 🎯 ✨✨🌹 七星高照🙏 🎇 ✨✨💐 八方來財🏧 💰 ✨✨🌷 九九同心💏 🎎 ✨✨☀ 十全十美🙌 🈵 ✨✨🌸 百事亨通👏 🎰 ✨✨🌺 千事吉祥🉐 ☀✨✨🍀 萬事如意🎐 👍 ✨✨ ✨🌟 ✨✨✨✨✨✨✨🌟 春节快乐,祝大家好运连连,财源滚滚,虎🐯 年旺旺旺!恭喜发财!🧧🧧🧧🧧

Rejected for lack of horniness

Bismuth
Jun 11, 2010

by Azathoth
Hell Gem
Ive been going back and forth on if the emoji had been in mine the whole time or not, thankyou for confirmation theyre real

Strom Cuzewon
Jul 1, 2010

DiabloStarCraft posted:

You can't really do 'engine upgrades' while retaining the modding because the java version is made in Java which is a loving hell language, bedrock (which is the new version) is basically a bottom up rebuild of the game so it actually runs well which is why they have the overhead to do real ray tracing and also run on a Nintendo switch (and allow multiplayer between your monster gaming pc and your kids old iPhone 5). Also they still port all the new gameplay stuff back to java, I don't think anything gameplay wise is missing from it. I know this has nothing to do with iosm besides 'just upgrade the engine duh'

Speaking of
https://twitter.com/jasonschreier/status/1062808445311692800?s=20&t=JHcyos3-rXOaohXgMYpJBA

More like Unknowing Kadath, amirite?

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

Bismuth posted:

Ive been going back and forth on if the emoji had been in mine the whole time or not, thankyou for confirmation theyre real

<- When did this happen??? Also it's glorious, thank you kind stranger

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Bloody Hedgehog posted:

I mean, you could also say that there are so many worker related injuries and deformities on the workers buried at the work sites... because you wouldn't bury the healthy able bodied workers at the work sites.

I'm not talking "rock fell on head, rip" kind of injuries, I'm talking "spine crippled over years of excruciating labor, early onset osteoarthritis and various healed bone fractures before dying a physical wreck at age 30" kind of injuries

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

steinrokkan posted:

I'm not talking "rock fell on head, rip" kind of injuries, I'm talking "spine crippled over years of excruciating labor, early onset osteoarthritis and various healed bone fractures before dying a physical wreck at age 30" kind of injuries

Americans have this, but they don't even manage to build pyramids. Shameful!

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

We've even begun dismantling the food pyramid

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Oh is this where the emojis are coming from?

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

steinrokkan posted:

:capitalism:

hallo spacedog
Apr 3, 2007

this chaos is killing me
💫🐕🔪😱😱

OwlFancier posted:

Oh is this where the emojis are coming from?

I'm gonna guess so. Thanks to whoever did it I love mine.

Pastel Candy Snake
Sep 6, 2018

by Hand Knit

Oh boy, a 2 for 1!

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

steinrokkan posted:

But enough about Amazon

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

:wtc:

old bean factory
Nov 18, 2006

Will ya close the fucking doors?!
Ooh, do I have a funny text too? Let's find out.

No :(

edit: lol

old bean factory has a new favorite as of 22:21 on Feb 1, 2022

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

lol

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!

So is the genderbending element just for fun, or what? Because with this one... I mean, if they're playing the part of a physicist, why play across the sexes? Why not hire an actual elderly man? They weren't exactly in short supply.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Cleretic posted:

So is the genderbending element just for fun, or what? Because with this one... I mean, if they're playing the part of a physicist, why play across the sexes? Why not hire an actual elderly man? They weren't exactly in short supply.

Yeah, not only is this twitter user mentally ill, but this is pretty much all their timeline is. I found them because Candice Bergen was trending today, and I thought that maybe something had happened. Aside from that tweets about the Canadian politician with the same name this chucklefuck was at the top of the list with a similar tweet about her (or... HIM?!?!)

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Genderswap is like the go-to entry-level "did u know???" accusation among these people

Every public figure is actually the opposite gender, we're through the looking glass people

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

If they can lie about something as concrete and immutable as they dangly doodads, who knows what other anarchical lies they may propagate?

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

Cleretic posted:

Only a woman besotted with dangerous feminist ideals would deign to undermine the universal order with God at top of society. But because no right-minded man would ever take the word of a woman as to matters of science, some subterfuge was needed to sell the insidious feminine atheism to them.

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

Brawnfire posted:

Only a woman besotted with dangerous feminist ideals would deign to undermine the universal order with God at top of society.
While being controlled by her secretly male husband/wife/handler

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

👰Proč bychom se netěšili🥰když nám Pán Bůh🙌🏻zdraví dá💪?
Sorry buddy but pictures don't lie!

Scientastic
Mar 1, 2010

TRULY scientastic.
🔬🍒

Scratch Monkey posted:

Sorry buddy but pictures don't lie!

Pssh, are we surprised that the Einsteins exhibited non-Euclidean gender lines?

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

And that shadowy cabal that puppeted Albert Einstein?

Albert Einstein

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

Scientastic posted:

Pssh, are we surprised that the Einsteins exhibited non-Euclidean gender lines?

Yeah, I'd like to see these postures plotted over a time curve.

Grimdude
Sep 25, 2006

It was a shame how he carried on

Pastel Candy Snake posted:

Oh boy, a 2 for 1!

I don't think anything currently drives me more crazy than how many people honestly think Joe Rogan is some arbiter of neutrality and "the truth." That he doesn't have a clear agenda right now for promoting as much anti-vaxx information as possible because that's clearly what his listeners want.

I hate it. And you can't even try explaining to anyone why this is so lovely because then you just sound like a weirdo when compared to "hey man I'm just like, listening to different views and keeping an open mind."

Blackula Vs. Tarantula
Jul 6, 2005

😤I am NOT Captain_Redbeard🧔
Within the conspiracy theory, gender transition is a satanic mind control technique. So the illuminati's agents are trans so they won't question the agenda. The conspiracy theorists hate trans people, but don't think of themselves as hateful people, so they construct a justification for it. In this case, trans people start as just poor confused souls, but once they transition the mind control kicks in and they become satanic agents. This allows them to work to restrict people's freedom, while still casting themselves as good people who believe in freedom.

In case it isn't clear, i don't believe in this view i am only relating what I've read from the conspiracy theorists. Honestly we'd probably be better off if there was a world controlling organization dedicated to undermining "traditional values" like strict gender roles, male supremacy and homophobia.

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

How 'bout them hawks news huh!

Pastel Candy Snake posted:

Oh boy, a 2 for 1!

Joe Rogan is at best a useful idiot for the right, but in actuality, just a brain dead idiot firmly set to the right.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Personally I want the conversation and dialogue to stop once the answer is known.

gbut
Mar 28, 2008

😤I put the UN🇺🇳 in 🎊FUN🎉

OwlFancier posted:

Personally I want the conversation and dialogue to stop once the answer is known.

The earth is flat and the sun revolves around it, you say?

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆
Where do I sign up to get mind controlled by Satan? Sounds like a pretty good deal imo

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

kazil posted:

And that shadowy cabal that puppeted Albert Einstein?

Albert Einstein

This got a chuckle out of me

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

The funniest part of this is that they insist that Caitlyn Jenner is a woman, because they think she's a woman pretending to be a man, who then transitioned into a woman.

Paper Tiger
Jun 17, 2007

🖨️🐯torn apart by idle hands

hallo spacedog posted:

I'm gonna guess so. Thanks to whoever did it I love mine.

I also enjoy mine. :3:

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna
I want some sad rhino in my av 🥲

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Philippe posted:

The funniest part of this is that they insist that Caitlyn Jenner is a woman, because they think she's a woman pretending to be a man, who then transitioned into a woman.

They think a female athlete is capable of competing with men at an Olympic level?

Edit I looked it up Caitlyn Jenner still holds the over all world record for the decathalon and among decathaletes (is that a word?) is in like the top three for pretty much every single individual event

Air Skwirl has a new favorite as of 18:22 on Feb 1, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Skwirl posted:

They think a female athlete is capable of competing with men at an Olympic level?

You're already giving it more thought than the TERFs ever give anything.