Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

Qwertycoatl posted:

Has there been anything shown yet which makes the second ability relevant?

yeah one of the black sagas gives every opponent rat tokens

edit:

it's a nombo because Horobi steals them all back anyway

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan
you can play turn two Tribute, turn three the green saga accelerator and swing with a 5/5 flyer with 2 tokens for defense

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Goa Tse-tung posted:

yeah one of the black sagas gives every opponent rat tokens

edit:

it's a nombo because Horobi steals them all back anyway
They changed the rules/templating on this a while back: the owner of a token is whomever's creates the token, not the controller of the ability that created the token. (111.2)
Since the saga says that the opponent creates the token, they're the owners of those tokens. So yes you can use this against horobi, but to take them FROM horobi, thus freeing them from the Death's Wail and hopefully putting them on a better path. A path of life

Silhouette
Nov 16, 2002

SONIC BOOM!!!

It bothers me that the Orochi just look like Nagas now

Fucker posted:

references in magic are cring-

hope this isnt fake

OMAE WA MO SHINDEIRU

This had better have an alt art version by Tetsuo Hara

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

mandatory lesbian posted:

You are already dead is a good reference, unfortunately they dont have the ogre exploding so it has failed

They had already commissioned the artist from Fist of the North Star to do Kaito's alternate art card!! :argh:

Barry Shitpeas
Dec 17, 2003

there is no need
to be upset

Winner POTM July 2013

Silhouette posted:

It bothers me that the Orochi just look like Nagas now

They still have four arms but they lost their legs

Snake boobs currently unconfirmed

Barry Shitpeas fucked around with this message at 16:54 on Feb 1, 2022

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

kalel posted:

this card actually syncs really well with birth of meletis too. turn 2 birth (get a plains), turn 3 this (get a plains), turn 4 birth dies, use this to recur birth (get a plains)

makes me want to brew a 20 plains deck with 4x each of this and birth, and then, idk, the enchantment pegasus from theros maybe?

e: throw in a gift of estates or two? hmmmrmrm :brainworms:

I doubt this is powerful enough for any format where both this and birth are legal lol

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
Back shrine:

Deathtouch.
At the beginning of your end step, pay 1 to destroy target creature with a toughness less than or equal to your shrine count.

So just Blue and Green left, right?

YggdrasilTM
Nov 7, 2011

Fantastic Foreskin
Jan 6, 2013

A golden helix streaked skyward from the Helvault. A thunderous explosion shattered the silver monolith and Avacyn emerged, free from her prison at last.

VictualSquid
Feb 29, 2012

Gently enveloping the target with indiscriminate love.

That is an auto-include for any deck that had more then one basic swamp before.

Devor
Nov 30, 2004
Lurking more.

Can you successfully flicker something you brought back with this? The replacement effect doesn't kick in if it's going to exile due to a separate ability?

YggdrasilTM
Nov 7, 2011

Devor posted:

Can you successfully flicker something you brought back with this? The replacement effect doesn't kick in if it's going to exile due to a separate ability?

Yes. Flicker exiles so the replacement doesn't trigger and the permanent is back as new object. The new Sagas that turn into creatures by exiling themselves and coming back work too.

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Black summer was the best summer.

I like this card. Seems balanced.

Huxley
Oct 10, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Don't these abilities always either clear EoT or come with some kind of "gets a counter, as long as it has a counter exile it etc" kind of text? This reads like perpetual except kind of not. Maybe they've been wording it this way forever and this is just the first one to jump out at me.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

Huxley posted:

Don't these abilities always either clear EoT or come with some kind of "gets a counter, as long as it has a counter exile it etc" kind of text? This reads like perpetual except kind of not. Maybe they've been wording it this way forever and this is just the first one to jump out at me.

they've been collapsing some wordier stuff down in recent years when the meaning is clear to save space on cards, and they've also granted abilities to permanents in the past with meaningless reminder counters so the rules support doing it without said reminder

Strong Sauce
Jul 2, 2003

You know I am not really your father.

this seems like it would be good for enchantress, especially if you run more enchantment creatures since its a enchanter lord(?) but not sure what ability you'd want to copy.

Tom Clancy is Dead
Jul 13, 2011

I like this one. On offense it's effectively a 2/2 for 1 that misses an attack but also has some reach, evasion, and a little lifegain.

Strong Sauce
Jul 2, 2003

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

oh hey, multikicker's in this set

Cactrot
Jan 11, 2001

Go Go Cactus Galactus

The rat bosozoku being a menace is great.

AngryBooch
Sep 26, 2009

Strong Sauce posted:

this seems like it would be good for enchantress, especially if you run more enchantment creatures since its a enchanter lord(?) but not sure what ability you'd want to copy.

Maybe some niche applications with Ranger Class, maybe there are some nice green Enchantment Creatures that this could be a spin on Mono-Green.

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Tom Clancy is Dead posted:

I like this one. On offense it's effectively a 2/2 for 1 that misses an attack but also has some reach, evasion, and a little lifegain.

The rat is good. One of the better one drops printed in a while. You basically get 2 damage and life out of it guaranteed and then you get a 2/2 with evasion.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

The design on this is boring but it will be all over standard and modern.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
Okiba Raid seems pretty alright with Ninjas. You can drop it to chip away, get a likelier Ninjutsu trigger with the creature, and then you can drop it down again for another two damage.

YggdrasilTM
Nov 7, 2011

Strong Sauce posted:

Sagas.

boo_radley
Dec 30, 2005

Politeness costs nothing

Hopefully this lil dude gets a dekora vehicle:

Devor
Nov 30, 2004
Lurking more.

The Kiki-Jiki saga, to copy your copy ability

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Spell Pierce is back baby

Strong Sauce
Jul 2, 2003

Meant modern enchantress.. only saga anyone plays in modern is urza's saga

guess you don't need platinum angel anymore. haw

YggdrasilTM
Nov 7, 2011

Strong Sauce posted:

Meant modern enchantress.. only saga anyone plays in modern is urza's saga

Enchantress draw triggers, Oblivion ring exile triggers, Sigil of the empty trone tokens making triggers.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Strong Sauce posted:

guess you don't need platinum angel anymore. haw

Someone's gotta carry the Horsie...

Huxley
Oct 10, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Spell Pierce is back baby

I think Spell Pierce is probably the best card in every single deck that wants to play Spell Pierce.

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

"Thus," concluded Miyamoto, "you must give up everything you have to be my disciple."

Just want to go on record saying that printing Boseiju is a mistake and I hate everything about the card.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer

Katana Gomai posted:

Just want to go on record saying that printing Boseiju is a mistake and I hate everything about the card.

It’s good actually

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Katana Gomai posted:

What deck fears it?

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
This set is gonna get me to try Arena again.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

YggdrasilTM posted:

Selfless Samurai 1W

Creature - Fox Samurai

Whenever a samurai or warrior you control attacks alone, it gains lifelink until end of turn.

Sacrifice ~: Choose another target creature you control. It gains indestructible until end of turn.

2/2
He's back! In samurai form!

Mezzanon
Sep 16, 2003

Pillbug

Captain Invictus posted:

He's back! In samurai form!

but mush worse than the spirit version

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Orange Fluffy Sheep
Jul 26, 2008

Bad EXP received

Sickening posted:

What deck fears it?

Presumably one with artifacts, enchantments, and/or nonbasic lands.