Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Boba Pearl
Dec 27, 2019

by Athanatos

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

she was cursed to be a gremlin but is actually a sexy blue demon lady... very confusing nintendo

hmmm now i want to play twilight princess

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr.Acula
May 10, 2009

Billions and billions of fat clouds

Breath of the Wild 2 better have a hookshot, that is my Zelda opinion for today.

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Scroll, then. There are other posts than these.

Solar Tornado posted:

How can you say that when Wind Waker is right there?

"open world"with great characters and the fight system TP built on.

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

Snake Maze posted:

I literally can’t remember any of TP’s dungeons except the Yeti mansion, and even that one I only remember for the novelty of the premise and not the actual dungeon design, so I’m forced to conclude that TP’s dungeons are very forgettable.

Contrast with, say, the goron dungeon in Majora’s Mask, where the whole thing was built around a giant pillar that you gradually knocked pieces out of as you progressed, or the stone tower in Majora’s Mask, where you would flip the entire dungeon upside down. Far more memorable! Obviously Nintendo agrees, since they’re putting MM on the switch but not TP.

The two I remember without stretching my brain too hard are that one and the Arbiter's Grounds.

The latter because (I think?) it's where you get the Spinner, the most criminally underused item in all of Zelda.

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

bushisms.txt posted:

Gotta love that single use spinner

it owns and is the best dungeon item in any zelda game

Ragequit
Jun 1, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

American McGay posted:

Take it to the GDQ discord you weirdo.

I don't know what GDQ is. It's just a cute comic, it'll be ok.

Apart from Link, Urbosa is the best character to play in Age of Calamity. I am dreading the missions where I am forced to play any of the Goron or Rito characters and Link can't tag along. Other than that, the expansion has been a blast so far. Zelda getting the Master Cycle as a weapon is fantastic.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
I remember being attacked by invisible zombie rats once it TP

I think

And a sewer that led to a tower with missing stairs

or something

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer
TP is sorta ugly in places and has a lot of bloat but the dungeons themselves are pretty solid

if I could somehow excise the initial little bug hunt sections when you go into an area and cut down on the travel time running around the too-massive overworld it would be great

seem to remember a lot of annoying/boring setpiece sequences as well

when I played it last time I modded in the 'turbo spinner' which basically gives the Spinner 10 times the speed and like no friction on open terrain which makes getting around the bigass overworlds more fun and gives you something else to do with the spinner

Oscar Wild
Apr 11, 2006

It's good to be a G

loudog999 posted:

I’m planning on finally starting Baldur’s Gate for the first time. Would it be better to play on the switch with the new controller support they added or iPad? I also have it on PC but would rather not play on it.

404notfound posted:

I actually was pretty satisfied with the controller scheme and played both 1 and 2 with it. They made things about as convenient as you can without it having to be a complete overhaul of the Infinity engine

I agree. It's slightly cumbersome managing inventory but overall it's pretty user friendly and if it gets you to play one of the better (fantasy) narrative games then you should do it.

It's surprisingly beautiful. Just learn how to breach mage spell defenses. That part is no fun.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

The Bloop posted:

I remember being attacked by invisible zombie rats once it TP

I think

And a sewer that led to a tower with missing stairs

or something

That sounds like dark souls.

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
dark souls is a zelda rip off

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Stux posted:

its the best 3d zelda, makes perfect sense.

That's right

Spring Break My Heart
Feb 15, 2012

loudog999 posted:

I’m planning on finally starting Baldur’s Gate for the first time. Would it be better to play on the switch with the new controller support they added or iPad? I also have it on PC but would rather not play on it.
iPad

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

bushisms.txt posted:

TP is by far the worst 3d Zelda. It brings nothing new to the table, unlike every other version, even its motion features were redundant with the GC version and improved in SS. It's the AAA take on Zelda, remember how lttp turned you into a rabbit?? Now you're a wolf for drawn out sections with uninspired mechanics.Lol Ganon again. And it has the nerve to be the ugliest of the bunch.

its the perfect refinement of the dungeons and theyre insanely fun. polishing the core idea is just as good as a fun new idea, actually.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

Zeron posted:

People say this but I replayed TP recently and you use the spinner a fair bit after the dungeon. Actually, Twilight Princess had a lot of dungeon items that were used outside their dungeon and the only one I remember that was pretty much useless outside it's intended use was the Dominion Rod. Twilight Princess rules.

yup.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Majora's Mask is better, I'm afraid.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
what's the best way to play TP these days anyway, 3ds?

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

i prefer tp but mm and ww are also top tier contenders for best 3d zelda and i respect them as choices.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
i think the backlash to TP kind of went along the reevaluation of WW since those games were always sort of put in opposition to each other.

fursonally i have played neither and really should pull my 3ds out more

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro

Feels Villeneuve posted:

what's the best way to play TP these days anyway, 3ds?

Buy or emulate the Wii U

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
Anyone here know how Chicory is on switch?

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

hatty posted:

Buy or emulate the Wii U

i have been thinking of becoming UPilled.....

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Twilight Princess ain't great but Skyward Sword is the easy choice for worst 3D Zelda. Man that game was such a slog to get through.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

I think the beginning part of TP is kinda dull and probably colors peoples perceptions of it. Game is fine though, even if I wasn't a fan of the dog parts.

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
The game is pretty boring until you get past the first wolf section then it becomes pretty good

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Feels Villeneuve posted:

wii u owns

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

TP has this little freak

Ragequit
Jun 1, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
Was it Phantom Hourglass or Spirit Tracks that had you close the DS lid to solve a puzzle? I remember that massively pissing off a lot of people online. That may have cemented the game as the worst Zelda entry for anyone stuck on that.

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
You can hack the Wii U and play GameCube games natively, Owns

Zeron
Oct 23, 2010

Feels Villeneuve posted:

i think the backlash to TP kind of went along the reevaluation of WW since those games were always sort of put in opposition to each other.

fursonally i have played neither and really should pull my 3ds out more

Yeah probably. When I tried to play through Wind Waker I enjoyed it a lot but then got to the Triforce Hunt and just turned it off and never played it again.

And yeah Majora's Mask is a really great game, just Skyward Sword is definitely the worst 3D Zelda not Twilight Princess. SS has a strong opening but then just goes straight downhill.

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
The triforce hunt was the best part

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Ragequit posted:

Was it Phantom Hourglass or Spirit Tracks that had you close the DS lid to solve a puzzle? I remember that massively pissing off a lot of people online. That may have cemented the game as the worst Zelda entry for anyone stuck on that.

neither are that great but the lid puzzle is really good

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Vintersorg posted:

Fandom is a disease.

An Actual Princess
Dec 23, 2006

I think twilight princess is the only 3D zelda I haven't played. I should rectify that. seems good.

An Actual Princess
Dec 23, 2006

American McGay posted:

Take it to the GDQ discord you weirdo.

we don't want that poo poo either

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
I think the cringe fanart is harmless

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
I’ve seen much worse

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

Ibram Gaunt posted:

Majora's Mask is better, I'm afraid.

majoras mask is the best game of all time so its unfair to compare any other game to it

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

majoras mask is the best game of all time so its unfair to compare any other game to it

True...true.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer

Feels Villeneuve posted:

It was a nice ride getting one for a song when everyone decided it was A Dumb Console in the middle of its lifecycle and playing the Very Worthwhile games games that came out for it but I think at this point pretty much all of them have been ported to the Switch

hatty posted:

You can hack the Wii U and play GameCube games natively, Owns

this does own however and you probably have a hard drive hooked up to the Wii U anyway because of its pathetic initial storage space...