Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Samadhi
May 13, 2001

Joey Freshwater posted:

That looks awesome! Where is that? How was snow shoeing? I’m going to Jackson Hole next week to do pretty much the same thing you did. We’re gonna do the snowshoeing but also do dog sledding

Any tips for finding hotels/short term rentals in Jackson Hole? My wife and I looked at going there but everywhere was around $500 a night minimum (my wife does not do camping).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

T-Square
May 14, 2009

Yeah Zofran is kind of crazy, my fiancé went through a truck load of it when she was fighting cancer. That’s the only drug I kept around, even though I very rarely get nauseous. It tastes weird though!

I need one of those handheld muscle puncher gun things, I did a few hours of ice riding on the dirtbike on Sunday and one of my calves is just totally locked up now

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer

Samadhi posted:

Any tips for finding hotels/short term rentals in Jackson Hole? My wife and I looked at going there but everywhere was around $500 a night minimum (my wife does not do camping).

The first half of our trip we’re staying at an Airbnb cabin and got it for like $150 a night I think. It’s in Irwin, ID about 45 mins away though. We wanted to be in the middle of nowhere effectively. In Jackson we’re staying at the Cloudveil but I’m a Marriott points whore so we’re only paying for one night, the rest is on points.

I just looked for in Jackson and there’s a bunch of stuff available on Airbnb, but I looked for next week, if you try farther out you might find more with better pricing.

Like there’s this one, it’s small but it’s right in the town square, $150/night: https://abnb.me/WdahJrCcinb

Here’s a whole rear end cabin for $383/night: https://abnb.me/8jLJstGcinb

You could also stay in Victor, ID which is way cheaper than Jackson and only like 30-40 minutes from downtown Jackson. There’s a bunch of small cabins like this one at the Teton Valley resort: https://abnb.me/GoQCzy2cinb $145/night

If you’d need to rent a car I can’t recommend the Turo app enough. It’s like Airbnb with people’s cars. I’ve used it a lot and it’s awesome. We’re renting a Jeep Wrangler that has snow tires and the whole lot for $99/day.

Braksgirl
Dec 25, 2010

Unofficial Goon Disney travel agent since 2014!

Tens of Goons served!

Agreed that Zofran is great. My daughter takes it when she gets nauseated due to anxiety and it helps her a lot. She also thinks it tastes gross.

Hope your little girl feels better soon, Quiet Feet.

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!
https://twitter.com/washingtonpost/status/1488313166949924864?t=luByleq_xQUxPuw_52_5CA&s=19

:pray:

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

Oh god please yes. I want to get my toddler vaccinated so bad.

Qwijib0
Apr 10, 2007

Who needs on-field skills when you can dance like this?

Fun Shoe

Oh plz.

The logic for starting immunizations before the 3rd dose data is in is... surprisingly forward thinking and sane. Data show that just two doses isn't enough for a good immune response but it is safe, so just get kids started on the regimen sot at as soon as the 3rd dose data is in there's a whole cohort of kids ready for it almost immediately.

And two shots works fine for under-twos, so you get that group some protection.

I have never felt the dodgeball tweet more than this past week when there's been a case every day at the daycare but always not in her room.

Qwijib0 fucked around with this message at 14:53 on Feb 1, 2022

Samadhi
May 13, 2001

Joey Freshwater posted:

The first half of our trip we’re staying at an Airbnb cabin and got it for like $150 a night I think. It’s in Irwin, ID about 45 mins away though. We wanted to be in the middle of nowhere effectively. In Jackson we’re staying at the Cloudveil but I’m a Marriott points whore so we’re only paying for one night, the rest is on points.

I just looked for in Jackson and there’s a bunch of stuff available on Airbnb, but I looked for next week, if you try farther out you might find more with better pricing.

Like there’s this one, it’s small but it’s right in the town square, $150/night: https://abnb.me/WdahJrCcinb

Here’s a whole rear end cabin for $383/night: https://abnb.me/8jLJstGcinb

You could also stay in Victor, ID which is way cheaper than Jackson and only like 30-40 minutes from downtown Jackson. There’s a bunch of small cabins like this one at the Teton Valley resort: https://abnb.me/GoQCzy2cinb $145/night

If you’d need to rent a car I can’t recommend the Turo app enough. It’s like Airbnb with people’s cars. I’ve used it a lot and it’s awesome. We’re renting a Jeep Wrangler that has snow tires and the whole lot for $99/day.

Bless you Joey.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
I am torn about the gig economy as I know it can be pretty exploitative and a way to bypass some laws but the Airbnb I stayed in Missouri was incredible, especially split amongst several others. Now I just got a text from my brother-in-law suggesting a trip to Hawaii in late April with my sister & his sister where we'd split an Airbnb there too.

Also this :btroll: needs their chicken wings for GDT's so I'm pretty dependent on those food delivery apps.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer

Samadhi posted:

Bless you Joey.

Good luck! I'm really excited about the cabin and hope we get clear weather. I'm taking my gopro and want to do one of those overnight timelapses so you can see the stars contrasted against the mountains.

Qwijib0
Apr 10, 2007

Who needs on-field skills when you can dance like this?

Fun Shoe

Android Apocalypse posted:

I am torn about the gig economy as I know it can be pretty exploitative and a way to bypass some laws but the Airbnb I stayed in Missouri was incredible, especially split amongst several others. Now I just got a text from my brother-in-law suggesting a trip to Hawaii in late April with my sister & his sister where we'd split an Airbnb there too.

Also this :btroll: needs their chicken wings for GDT's so I'm pretty dependent on those food delivery apps.

Setting aside the "housing stock being snatched up for short term rentals" problem, of the gig sites, airbnb has been one of the better ones in trying to come into compliance with local laws, collect bed taxes, etc recently.

https://www.airbnb.com/help/article/2509/in-what-areas-is-occupancy-tax-collection-and-remittance-by-airbnb-available

BigPaddy
Jun 30, 2008

That night we performed the rite and opened the gate.
Halfway through, I went to fix us both a coke float.
By the time I got back, he'd gone insane.
Plus, he'd left the gate open and there was evil everywhere.

The “Gig Economy” is a tech bro invention to squeeze out traditional businesses by not having to follow laws and pay taxes because of legal gymnastics. No one really cared when it was taxis because in most cities they are a racket unto themselves. It is like a tech dystopian version of Sunshine Cleaning but without Amy Adams under bidding biohazard places out of ignorance rather than greed.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

BigPaddy posted:

. No one really cared when it was taxis because in most cities they are a racket unto themselves. run by non whites

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

I was about to poo poo on Zofran as an antiemetic, but I'm glad it works well for all y'all.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

LeeMajors posted:

I was about to poo poo on Zofran as an antiemetic, but I'm glad it works well for all y'all.

scopolamine patches: when you don’t want them to ever ask for antiemetics again

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

FizFashizzle posted:

scopolamine patches: when you don’t want them to ever ask for antiemetics again

We follow up zofran with IV benadryl if it's not working, and it's pulled back the worst vomit monster i've ever transported (a greasily diaphoretic 30 year old ETOH withdrawal pt who i was pretty convinced was going to seize to death in front of me) and had him nice and comfy--if a bit shaky--on the ride downtown.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

Qwijib0 posted:

Setting aside the "housing stock being snatched up for short term rentals" problem, of the gig sites

Which is what literally everyone in this thread pretending to weigh the ethical objectivity of using AirBNB vs the convenience is going to do…

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004
You are receiving this broadcast as a dream...We are transmitting from the year one nine... nine nine ...You are receiving this broadcast in order t
I always wondered how the gig economy was masking unemployment numbers. Sure, it is technically a job, but it does not really seem like it should count when you get almost no benefits and you need to work 16 hours a day to get a small wage while massively depreciating what is most likely your most valuable asset.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Pain of Mind posted:

I always wondered how the gig economy was masking unemployment numbers. Sure, it is technically a job, but it does not really seem like it should count when you get almost no benefits and you need to work 16 hours a day to get a small wage while massively depreciating what is most likely your most valuable asset.

Solves the marketing problem of disintegrating economy which is all the ruling class cares about.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

Thanks for the well wishes all. She threw up again in the morning but that was around the time the meds she got in the hospital woild be wearing off. We're giving her little sips of pedialyte or water every 10 minutes and she's managed to keep down a tiny bit of cereal and a few Cheez-its so far so hoping we're through this soon. We're all stressed and low on sleep after last night.

The popsicle thing is weird: she was thrilled to get it in the hospital but lost interest maybe 1/4 of the way through and now doesn't want any of the ones I picked up this morning. :shrug:

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
Did I post this here yet?

https://twitter.com/AndrewHilaryUS/status/1488183336015126531?s=20&t=vStuI1-6LtrxLMc0JUFlpg

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
https://twitter.com/cooperlund/status/1488549537845321734

Not sure why anyone would buy a Tesla at this point unless you're a Musk fanboy.

Also the rolling stop is up to 5.6 MPH

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

The suffering unleashed by Elon Musk upon this planet has been incalculable.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
https://twitter.com/TaylorOgan/status/1488555256162172928

e: also this

https://twitter.com/cooperlund/status/1488549356873695232

Intruder fucked around with this message at 19:45 on Feb 1, 2022

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

I wouldn’t trust people if you told them to drive assertively

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
I love that they literally programmed it to break the law on purpose.

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!

Skwirl posted:

I love that they literally programmed it to break the law on purpose.

No no no, for them it’s disrupting the legal marketplace, not breaking the law, big difference!

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know
My girlfriend is thinking of buying a llama (she has raised them before, so not totally random) and I am thinking of llama names. Need some suggestions, so far I have:

Dolly Llama (overdone and obvious, but my spelling makes it in honor of Dolly Parton, not the Dalai Lama)
Barack Ollama
Edward James Llamos
Llama Del Ray
Llama Cass
Llamanel Ritchie
Llamar Burton (not accepting Lamar names, so no Llamar Jackson or Kendrick Llamar)

Neil Armbong
Jan 16, 2004

If anybody wants to see, there's a Donkey Kong kill screen coming up.
Pillbug

swickles posted:

My girlfriend is thinking of buying a llama (she has raised them before, so not totally random) and I am thinking of llama names. Need some suggestions, so far I have:

Dolly Llama (overdone and obvious, but my spelling makes it in honor of Dolly Parton, not the Dalai Lama)
Barack Ollama
Edward James Llamos
Llama Del Ray
Llama Cass
Llamanel Ritchie
Llamar Burton (not accepting Lamar names, so no Llamar Jackson or Kendrick Llamar)

Tina

saintonan
Dec 7, 2009

Fields of glory shine eternal

Ollama bin Laden
Como se llama

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Llamadir Lenin or Vladimir Llama (not a lot of famous communists that lend their names to easy Llama puns).

My dream is to one day have a dog named Karl Barx and a cat named Meow Zedong. Do llamas make a unique sound?

Air Skwirl fucked around with this message at 20:18 on Feb 1, 2022

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
Llama Woodley

Or just give it a normal name like Frank, people are going to know that it's a Llama as soon as they see it. No need to beat them over the head with it!

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!
Llamar Jackson
Andes Dalton
Ndamakong Peru
Rob Pronkowski

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

swickles posted:

Barack Ollama
Edward James Llamos
Llama Del Ray
Llama Cass
Llamanel Ritchie

Not the Llama

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
Llam Brady

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend
What about Ralph

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
Throw Llama From the Train

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!
Darth Spitious
Loogie Bega
Peter Cushing

\/\/\/ Llama Cass would be good

shirts and skins fucked around with this message at 20:51 on Feb 1, 2022

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Llama Mia

Anything from this list with the word Mama swapped for Llama
https://www.myweddingsongs.com/wedding-song-lists/top-10-mama-songs-mama-song-title/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Llama gada da vida