Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

Bird in a Blender posted:

I'm not sure what's funny about this exactly, seems like this is a good thing?

It is extremely a good thing, laughing that it's only certain neighborhoods because of course.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

Jows posted:

Bad ratings? I thought dude just liked taking her to sex clubs and she wanted no part. Were the sex clubs due to low ratings? Or the divorce?

There’s a weird streak of Republicans that seem to get off on forcing their wives to swing. Paul Manafort allegedly did it once. John Bolton’s first wife divorced him over it. And then Jack Ryan thought he could pass his hot actress wife around like a trading card. All these guys believe they can force their wives to have sex with other men of their choosing while also believing that any woman doesn’t have the right to terminate an unwanted pregnancy. They literally see women as objects. :yikeseroo:

Sinbad's Sex Tape
Mar 21, 2004
Stuck in a giant clam

Jows posted:

Bad ratings? I thought dude just liked taking her to sex clubs and she wanted no part. Were the sex clubs due to low ratings? Or the divorce?

Jeri Ryan was brought in to Star Trek to boost their ratings.

I also don’t think divorce records are normally released, but Illinois democrats are pretty good at that sort of stuff

Sinbad's Sex Tape fucked around with this message at 15:56 on Jan 26, 2022

The X-man cometh
Nov 1, 2009

Dexo posted:

It is extremely a good thing, laughing that it's only certain neighborhoods because of course.

Wasn't it originally supposed to go to Lakeview? IIRC it's because calls from rich white people are more likely to be categorized as mental health emergencies instead of crimes.

Also laughing because this is Rodriguez-Sanchez's main accomplishment and it won't come to Albany Park despite the huge increase in violence.

Hutla
Jun 5, 2004

It's mechanical
It's because that is Kelly Cassidy's district and she was one of the main sponsors. Rogers Park also has a relatively large amount of halfway houses /supervised living facilities /etc. Just yesterday I had to chase away the crazy lady blocking my gate who "feeds the bunnies" (really the rats) and insist that at a minimum she not leave scattered plastic wrappers all over because no animal can digest your graham cracker wrappers.

Bizarro Kanyon
Jan 3, 2007

Something Awful, so easy even a spaceman can do it!

Rod Hoofhearted posted:

There’s a weird streak of Republicans that seem to get off on forcing their wives to swing. Paul Manafort allegedly did it once. John Bolton’s first wife divorced him over it. And then Jack Ryan thought he could pass his hot actress wife around like a trading card. All these guys believe they can force their wives to have sex with other men of their choosing while also believing that any woman doesn’t have the right to terminate an unwanted pregnancy. They literally see women as objects. :yikeseroo:

Same with Jerry Falwell Jr.

Women are literally trade cards to be passed around and put in bicycle spokes.

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

Bizarro Kanyon posted:

Same with Jerry Falwell Jr.

I dunno, Becki seems to be into it. Same with Roger Stone’s wife. Swinging ain’t my thing, but if both partners are into it, then great. It’s the husbands forcing/tricking their wives into it that is :yikes:

dwarf74
Sep 2, 2012

Buglord
Should see some drops in covid numbers tomorrow, as travel becomes impossible for the center of the state :v:

Bizarro Kanyon
Jan 3, 2007

According to Bailey, that is god curing us from the virus.

Unfortunately, those leftist communist liberals will use made up global warming to get the snow to go away and for the virus to return.

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

dwarf74 posted:

Should see some drops in covid numbers tomorrow, as travel becomes impossible for the center of the state :v:

Good, we need it, given that this wave is hitting the state harder than prior waves.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
Illinois politics owns

https://twitter.com/daveweigel/status/1488578355624648714

Bizarro Kanyon
Jan 3, 2007

Bailey is having to defend himself raising local property taxes by 81% while a school board member.

https://www.wcia.com/illinois-capitol-news/bailey-defends-voting-to-raise-property-taxes-81-on-local-school-board/

I wish this hurt him but his followers will hand wave it as it being okay. The best line is how he raised property taxes at a higher rate than Chicago did.

The better question is if the rest of the primary people can use it against him.

Edit:
Bailey apparently compared Irvin to Satan so things will only go up from here.

https://capitolfax.com/2022/02/01/darren-bailey-appears-to-compare-richard-irvin-to-satan/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

Bizarro Kanyon fucked around with this message at 21:59 on Feb 1, 2022

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

I've seen ads for Irvin already that are extremely pro-cop, so expect to see that from now until November no matter who the candidate is. Can't wait, ugh.

Source4Leko
Jul 25, 2007

Dinosaur Gum
Irvin sucks and he's going to burn out once his campaign goes on long enough.

The X-man cometh
Nov 1, 2009
Jesse Sharkey read the writing on the wall and is quitting.

What fuckup will CTU elect next? Stacy Davis Gates is as bad as Jesse.

Sarcastro
Dec 28, 2000
Elite member of the Grammar Nazi Squad that

Bird in a Blender posted:

It's all kind of BS anyway. Obama was very likely winning the senate race in 2004 even if Ryan was still his opponent. Obama was beating Ryan in the polls before all the stuff from court came out.

Sure, but it's still funny and fun to lay out.

Pontius Pilate
Jul 25, 2006

Crucify, Whale, Crucify

Sarcastro posted:

Sure, but it's still funny and fun to lay out.

Indeed, and it led me down a wiki hole—Obama’s second place primary challenger in ‘04 was Daniel Hynes, the comptroller before Judy Baar Topinka, and he lost by a healthy 30%. He made a good comeback in the 2010 gubernatorial democratic primary, losing to Quinn by about 8k votes. I wish I could say his last political act was being the sole superdelegate for Martin O’Malley because lol, but JB appointed him a deputy governor. Miss Illinois politics y’all, Oregon’s are sooo boring

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

https://twitter.com/MEPFuller/status/1489240468575510539?s=20&t=nRBWl_G1QspXjohRB_bT9Q while Marie Newman has the correct positions on I/P, man she is an idiot otherwise

CaptainJuan
Oct 15, 2008

Thick. Juicy. Tender.

Imagine cutting into a Barry White Song.
https://capitolfax.com/2022/02/03/h...itical-attacks/

quote:

I am writing to let you know that your flagrantly false post about HB4640 has resulted in dozens of death threats aimed at my staff and me. It would have taken no more than 5 minutes to verify what the bill did and where it was coming from, but instead you chose to publish false information, I assume with the intention of enraging people in the hopes they would further spread your misinformation.

Your analysis of the HB4640 is foolish at best and maliciously false at worst. It does none of the things you claim. It allows local health departments the ability to employ local health solutions to share data. It does not give any local body the authority to violate someone’s privacy rights and certainly does not allow for anyone to be detained.

fishing with the fam
Feb 29, 2008

Durr
Oh fun! Apparently under the new congressional map I've shifted districts, and instead of Raja Krishnamoorthi I get Marie Newman. Time to do some reading and figure out how pissed off I should be.

Bizarro Kanyon
Jan 3, 2007

Wasn’t she one of them that was super ticked off about her district changing and said that it was the state Dems trying to take her out?

If so, there may have been a reason behind that.

CaptainJuan
Oct 15, 2008

Thick. Juicy. Tender.

Imagine cutting into a Barry White Song.

fishing with the fam posted:

Oh fun! Apparently under the new congressional map I've shifted districts, and instead of Raja Krishnamoorthi I get Marie Newman. Time to do some reading and figure out how pissed off I should be.

probably shouldn't get too pissed, she's by some margin the furthest left person in the delegation with good policy positions on pretty much everything, even I/P. though she's in some hot water for... well,

Troy Queef posted:

https://twitter.com/MEPFuller/status/1489240468575510539?s=20&t=nRBWl_G1QspXjohRB_bT9Q while Marie Newman has the correct positions on I/P, man she is an idiot otherwise

Thwomp
Apr 10, 2003

BA-DUHHH

Grimey Drawer
Okay so tell me this as I honestly can’t tell:

How much of this is just dirty laundry being aired versus it normally happening on the back rooms of party functions?

It sorta sounds like the discussions presidential candidates might have to primary challengers or to get someone’s endorsement (cushy department posting or ambassadorship). But maybe there’s something else to it that stinks.

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

Newman’s district is gone, merged with Sean Casten’s, I think. When it came out, a lot of people thought it was revenge for taking out Lipinski, but then her scandal came out and I think most people are like, “oh… whatever.”

She promised a guy a job to not run in the primary (which probably would’ve given it to Lipinski), put it in writing, and then never gave the dude the job. So even if you believe that’s politics-as-usual stuff, she’s exceptionally bad at it, enough to get into some level of trouble for it.

Oracle
Oct 9, 2004

CaptainJuan posted:

probably shouldn't get too pissed, she's by some margin the furthest left person in the delegation with good policy positions on pretty much everything, even I/P. though she's in some hot water for... well,

Didn't Sinema also look pretty good on paper then out herself as a crazy idiot? Maybe they smell the same on Newman and are cutting her off at the knees to avoid a repeat of that debacle.

brugroffil
Nov 30, 2015

they're mad she turfed out their good ol' boy nepotistic conservative dem friend

do not understate how absolutely horrible Lipinski was.

Oracle
Oct 9, 2004

brugroffil posted:

they're mad she turfed out their good ol' boy nepotistic conservative dem friend

do not understate how absolutely horrible Lipinski was.

Oh Lipinski was absolute loving trash and had no business holding that seat for as long as he did, and gatekeeping Dems who suffer from terminal loyalty 4 lyfe regardless of how the constituency changes or Time Marches On (right past the old farts who were put in to appeal to working class Catholics that are all dead and/or gone) played a huge role in that.

Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

Thwomp posted:

Okay so tell me this as I honestly can’t tell:

How much of this is just dirty laundry being aired versus it normally happening on the back rooms of party functions?

It sorta sounds like the discussions presidential candidates might have to primary challengers or to get someone’s endorsement (cushy department posting or ambassadorship). But maybe there’s something else to it that stinks.

i don't think it makes her any worse but the fact that she wrote out a bribe contract does make her way more loving stupid

https://twitter.com/nikicaga/status/1489377117649448964?s=20&t=HXEA17PQgcfH9qIJYkQZVw

Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

also the only reason we know any of this is because she then tried to stiff the guy who she wrote out a bribe contract with, so he sued her

why would you piss off the person who knows you wrote out a bribe contract!!!

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

Illinois Politics are so stupid

Oracle
Oct 9, 2004

Badger of Basra posted:

also the only reason we know any of this is because she then tried to stiff the guy who she wrote out a bribe contract with, so he sued her

why would you piss off the person who knows you wrote out a bribe contract!!!

This alone disqualifies her for public office, I don't care what her positions are.

You's not only took notes on a criminal conspiracy, you went on to alienate the guy WITH THE NOTES TO THE POINT HE SUED YOU IN COURT.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

Yeah I'm not so naive as to think that horse trading isn't something that happens at that level of politics, but you cannot be stupid enough to break a contract with someone where you are doing shady levels of horse trading

Oracle
Oct 9, 2004

Dexo posted:

Yeah I'm not so naive as to think that horse trading isn't something that happens at that level of politics, but you cannot be stupid enough to break a contract with someone where you are doing shady levels of horse trading

You can break the contract and screw him as much as you want but you DO NOT WRITE THAT poo poo DOWN much less GIVE IT TO THE SCREWEE.

The X-man cometh
Nov 1, 2009
How many potential challengers has Madigan hired? It has to be in the hundreds but he wasn't stupid enough to write it down.

Oracle
Oct 9, 2004

The X-man cometh posted:

How many potential challengers has Madigan hired? It has to be in the hundreds but he wasn't stupid enough to write it down.

Madigan hasn't had any meaningful opposition in decades. He had his district locked down, knew how to bring home the bacon, and his constituents were enthusiastic supporters. He's more likely to have handed out ghost payroll patronage jobs to people who did him favors than potential challengers.

Bizarro Kanyon
Jan 3, 2007

Rich boy gubernatorial candidate, Jesse Sullivan, announced his running mate, Kathleen Murphy.

http://twitter.com/JesseSullivanIL/status/1489608592076460035

My first thought was: who?

She was apparently the spokesperson for the Jeanne Ives gubernatorial campaign.

I guess this is to shore up his conservative appeal but, unless she goes hard after Bailey, I do not see it making much difference.

Edit: I cannot figure out why the Twitter post is not embedded…

brugroffil
Nov 30, 2015

That dude's ad I saw was extremely fascist

Deathlove
Feb 20, 2003

Pillbug
Yeah, I've been seeing them on Pluto lately. loving brutal.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

I’m kind of amazed at the ability of the right wing to rile up people over the most inane poo poo. They just fabricate poo poo, spew it out, and the hounds are unleashed.