Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

oh yeah i was going to play axelay with my fightstick but i forgot. oh well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mamkute
Sep 2, 2018
5. Batman: Arkham Asylum (Normal, 98% Completion)

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

Mamkute posted:

C'mon Mamkute. 98?

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

Arrhythmia posted:

C'mon Mamkute. 98?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XloMbRq88LE

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

3.Yakuza 5 94.04% completion

Absolute God tier game, right up there with yakuza 0 imo. the side stories and substories were all great, and it's cool the way all the stuff that all your characters do (even stuff like helping the chef guy, and hostesses) comes together at the end. even a lot of the mini games like the noodle chef thing were cool. shinada was a great addition and he has my favorite QTE in the series so far. great set of final boss fights, solid ending for all five playable characters. part of me wants to chase that last 6 percent, but my playclock says 140 hours - it's time to move on. probably won't finish downloading yakuza 6 before i have to go to bed, so i have something to look forward to tomorrow night.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

4) Axelay (Easy, 2 continues)

will come back to this one

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Mamkute posted:

Is everything okay?

Nutmeg
Feb 8, 2004
Gamedec: i was digging this game alot through the 1st act, then somewhere in the middle i played the game really hungover and i had trouble following the plot through the middle section and i never fully grasped what was going on after that even when i tried. there were 1 or 2 puzzles i had to look up the answers for because the game throws some changes at you for variety but i felt it didn't fully explain how to get to the solution and what the steps to get there really meant. as a game that advertises itself as an rpg that has a story that changes with you i do feel it accomplishes that by how it presents your choices in the end to whittle down the various endings you can choose from. would be a great $5 purchase if you're looking for a cyberpunk story, not $20 imho.

John Romero
Jul 6, 2003

John Romero got made a bitch

In Training posted:

4. The Legend of Spyro: A New Beginning. It kinda sucks. But the tornado bombs you unlock in the last zone are funny bc you can throw three of them to tank the frame rate. Cant believe they gave up on cutesy collectathons for this. Looking forward to 7 and 8.

is this the one where Elijah wood is spyro

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

John Romero posted:

I don't know. Is it?

Mamkute
Sep 2, 2018
Yes, and he has to fight monkeys

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Bicyclops posted:

3.Yakuza 5 94.04% completion

Absolute God tier game, right up there with yakuza 0 imo. the side stories and substories were all great, and it's cool the way all the stuff that all your characters do (even stuff like helping the chef guy, and hostesses) comes together at the end. even a lot of the mini games like the noodle chef thing were cool. shinada was a great addition and he has my favorite QTE in the series so far. great set of final boss fights, solid ending for all five playable characters. part of me wants to chase that last 6 percent, but my playclock says 140 hours - it's time to move on. probably won't finish downloading yakuza 6 before i have to go to bed, so i have something to look forward to tomorrow night.

i really fuckin love the ending to five. the entire tojo clan bowing down to akiyama, shinada runnin around getting things done while everyone tries to figure out who the gently caress he is, haruka telling the world that "kazuma kiryu is family". absolutely phenomenal

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Fungah! posted:

i really fuckin love the ending to five. the entire tojo clan bowing down to akiyama, shinada runnin around getting things done while everyone tries to figure out who the gently caress he is, haruka telling the world that "kazuma kiryu is family". absolutely phenomenal

it's so loving good. it's cheesy, but when shinada looks out at the stage and says "i wonder if i looked that small" to himself owns, i think it hits even harder than when the money lender calls and basically tells him that everyone loves and misses him. also haruka telling kiryu that he's not dreaming, she's really there is the perfect ending. gonna be interesting to see how yakuza 6 starts.

Pungry
Feb 26, 2011

JUST PICK ONE. ANY ONE.

John Romero posted:

And David Spade is Sparx, yes.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

And Gary Oldman plays Ignitus, the Elder Red Dragon. A phenomenal cast tbh.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Pungry posted:

And David Spade is Sparx, yes.

the final line in the game after ending on a dramatic cliffhanger is a minute+ long improv joke from David Spade about how much he wants his Mommy, as the music swells, we fade to black and a little glimmer in the cosmic horizon indicates that the Dark Master yet runs free.,

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~
pokemon shining pearl. awful. they stick so close to the original games that there's basically no reason for it to exist. just play platinum again instead

Simply Simon
Nov 6, 2010

📡scanning🛰️ for good game 🎮design🦔🦔🦔

absolutely anything posted:

pokemon shining pearl. awful. they stick so close to the original games that there's basically no reason for it to exist. just play platinum again instead
I sometimes get the opposite version to my buddy, so I was considering getting Pearl to his Diamond. But he told me that they made TMs one-use again so we agreed that only one of us should spend money on that POS

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

It’s insane to me that there are several Spyro games after the original trilogy I never heard of and one of them has an absolutely star-studded cast.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

In Training posted:

And Gary Oldman plays Ignitus, the Elder Red Dragon. A phenomenal cast tbh.

Dishonoured just had an insanely good voice cast too for some reason

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Knuc U Kinte posted:

It’s insane to me that there are several Spyro games after the original trilogy I never heard of and one of them has an absolutely star-studded cast.

It's a dark reboot trilogy, so there's three with a star-studded cast.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

I think I brief;y played a friends copy of Enter the Dragonfly and even to a young Spryo-head, that game sucked rear end.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

I heard that Spyro Advance Wakuwaku Tomodachi Daisakusen! is p deec though?

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Even when they replaced the starrs in the Dark Reboot the replacements were celebreties lik Wayne Brady and Christina Ricci. Wtf was I doing in 2006-2008?

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

Knuc U Kinte posted:

Even when they replaced the starrs in the Dark Reboot the replacements were celebreties lik Wayne Brady and Christina Ricci. Wtf was I doing in 2006-2008?

probably having sex like a true failtard

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

4. Virtua Fighter 5 (very easy)

i was getting a Yakuza 6 reward, lol

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

i tried playing virtua fighter a while back and it was completely incomprehensible to me

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

trying to jack off posted:

i tried playing virtua fighter a while back and it was completely incomprehensible to me

all of them are total mysteries to me but for the "very easy" version of virtua figher 5, you can almost literally just mash one button and win every stage.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

vf is awesome

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

i like doa, its almost the same but it makes more sense and has huge bouncing boobs

Mamkute
Sep 2, 2018

Arrhythmia posted:

C'mon Mamkute. 98?

5+ Batman: Arkham Asylum (100% Completion)

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

Mamkute posted:

thank you

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

Mamkute posted:

Thank you

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Tembo the Badass Elephant - 5 hours

This game is a lovely platformer that you die from it being so tedious. Avoid at all costs.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Mamkute posted:

🙏

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Mamkute posted:

thank god

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Mamkute posted:

Crisis over

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

Wormskull posted:

Tembo the Badass Elephant - 5 hours

This game is a lovely platformer that you die from it being so tedious. Avoid at all costs.

Surprised you completed it honestly, I put it down after the third stage.

Pungry
Feb 26, 2011

JUST PICK ONE. ANY ONE.

Knuc U Kinte posted:

I heard that Spyro Advance Wakuwaku Tomodachi Daisakusen! is p deec though?

The GBA Spyro games are all pretty good and play like shrunk down, simplified versions of the PS1 games. The DS one is a loving weird Zelda-like that I still haven't played but looks really interesting (and probably bad).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pladdicus
Aug 13, 2010

beat deathloop, omori and halo reach with my bro

still shaking off omori, it was good.

I'm never going to beat noita.