Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

Where's Tony?!?!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

TV Zombie posted:

The sarray match is actually a 3 minute Karen Choo match with Lash Legend? It was pretty action packed for 3 minutes.

i think the other girl was Amari Miller who seems pretty good from clips i've seen. Lash Legend is not good at all.

Pinche Rudo posted:

Where's Tony?!?!

Tony D? He's recovering from Dunne's attack i guess there was a promo about their feud

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

It would be funny for us all to get together and ironically have a slumber party for wrestlemania and play Wcw v nwo for the n64 and have milk shAkes

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

Pinche Rudo posted:

Where's Tony?!?!

his name is eddie

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

Big Queefy posted:

I have a lot more respect for Nia than I ever I would.

What else did she say in the interview?

quote:

“I stood my ground on certain things that I know they weren’t happy about. I was choosing not to go and get the vaccine. It was a personal choice, and I remember sitting down with Vince [McMahon] because the whole entire two years I was there, we were tested every day, and I never popped positive, or had COVID. And it was like, ‘Well, kid, you’re not gonna be able to fulfill some of your contractual duties.’

“I was like, if that’s the case, then that’s the case. It’s a business. I said, ‘It’s a business, and I understand you gotta run your business.’ But that’s when I was like, I felt relief, because I made the decision for myself, and I stood by my ground. I stood by how I felt, and I always go by my gut feeling. If it doesn’t feel right in my stomach, I just can’t force myself to do something I feel good with. That’s just how I lived my entire life.”

Tampa Bae
Aug 23, 2021

Please, this is all I have
imagine losing your job because you wouldn't get vaccinated lol

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

I respect her now more than I ever thought I could

Also lol that she was fired out of no where without warning then proceeds to tell a story where Vince lays out in clear terms what the result of not getting vaccinated was.

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!
you're right sir it's a business it is your business that is correct. i love what you've done with the business. i guess i'll be going nnow

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

I didn't know she was an anti vaxxer. Nor that she was fired for being an anti-vaxxer.

She can get hosed then.

I still think it's lovely that they fired her whist she was taking mental health leave. And also lovely and stupid that they tried to ask her back so soon after she was fired, (especially given what I now know about why she was fired.)

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
imo telling wwe to gently caress off about bringing her back after just firing her for a one off appearance while they struggle to fill the rumble with active talent is good. she sucks otherwise

Zombie Lemur
Jul 6, 2009

Empyrean empties
Was Nia getting fired for being anti-vax actually confirmed? I thought that was just a theory people were floating around.

Not the part about her being anti-vax, but it being the reason for her being let go.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
lmao imagine firing someone because they didn't get a vaccine and then trying to bring them back in for a match afterwards.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

Zombie Lemur posted:

Was Nia getting fired for being anti-vax actually confirmed? I thought that was just a theory people were floating around.

Not the part about her being anti-vax, but it being the reason for her being let go.

nia was interviewed by renee young and mentioned that it was for not being vaccinated. btw there's people speculating a handful of the releases around nia's release were also anti vax related

Gonzo McFee posted:

lmao imagine firing someone because they didn't get a vaccine and then trying to bring them back in for a match afterwards.

its because wwe isnt following any restrictions anymore fwiw

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

KungFu Grip posted:

nia was interviewed by renee young and mentioned that it was for not being vaccinated. btw there's people speculating a handful of the releases around nia's release were also anti vax related

its because wwe isnt following any restrictions anymore fwiw

The other big known one was Scarlett but its assumed several of the others in there too were because of vaccination. The prayer emoji is that Athena isn't one of them.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
if you want to know, a certain scoopster everyone loathes implies its a majority of them

Zombie Lemur
Jul 6, 2009

Empyrean empties

KungFu Grip posted:

Ah, I remember the speculation at the time but I didn't know she said so herself.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

That DICK! posted:

I respect her now more than I ever thought I could

Also lol that she was fired out of no where without warning then proceeds to tell a story where Vince lays out in clear terms what the result of not getting vaccinated was.

As lovely and broken as Vince is, I sometimes think about him having to deal with professional wrestlers 24/7 for 40+ years. All the crazies and idiots, murderers and megalomaniacs. No wonder he's out of his mind.

Shrimpy
May 18, 2004

Sir, I'm going to need to see your ticket.

1glitch0 posted:

As lovely and broken as Vince is, I sometimes think about him having to deal with professional wrestlers 24/7 for 40+ years. All the crazies and idiots, murderers and megalomaniacs. No wonder he's out of his mind.

It's a real "Chicken or Egg on a pole" type deal.

Zombie Lemur
Jul 6, 2009

Empyrean empties
Vince was hanging out with Jerry Graham before he was fully involved in wrestling, he knew what he was getting into.

Breetai
Nov 6, 2005

🥄Mah spoon is too big!🍌
Vince vs Nia is the kind of heel vs heel fight I can enjoy watching.

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!
bring her back and name her Nia Vax

Tweak
Jul 28, 2003

or dont whatever

real missed opportunity to have her be eliminated from the rumble because someone came at her with that giant prop syringe

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD

a.lo posted:

bring her back and name her Nia Vax

lol

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.
Watching Dakota work a lovely crazy gimmick reminds me of how well John Cena does as peacemaker, as a psychotic person who wants people like him but pushes them away.

Turns out good writing helps actors act 🤫

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

KungFu Grip posted:

if you want to know, a certain scoopster everyone loathes implies its a majority of them

i'd sooner trust this empty cup that i claim has invisible tea leaves in it

Hoss Corncave
Feb 13, 2012
Had Tiffany hired/bribed Amari to take out Wendy? Also, when she comes out and distracts Amari by sliding her the credit card leading to Wendy getting the win and in the process stealing the card, what was the point of that? It's not exactly like the card can be used as a devastating weapon, plus they're implying that Wendy is about to go out and commit credit card fraud.

What even is this?

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen
gently caress The Rock

https://twitter.com/PopCrave/status/1488627867693072388?t=FN-_4oVZC76P05oP54AAkQ&s=19

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
No it stands for Fear The Revival

mooseinfants
Dec 22, 2014

Golden Bee posted:

Watching Dakota work a lovely crazy gimmick reminds me of how well John Cena does as peacemaker, as a psychotic person who wants people like him but pushes them away.

Turns out good writing helps actors act 🤫

Probably helps to have a thousand times more screen time to flesh the character out too

cauliflower jones
Nov 8, 2009
https://twitter.com/WrestleTalk_TV/status/1488868612584710148

if this is true, it's so funny to be talking about having him wrestle two of the biggest stars on the roster going into their 2nd biggest ppv of the year and then just not moving forward with it at all. no ability to story tell from week to week and no ability to course correct, just continuing to flail creatively and being handed bags of money

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

lmaoooo

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Gonna hold my lmao until it's confirmed by a source more credible than Ringside News

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:
I want nothing more than that to be true.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold
so the next news is Vince officially adopting nick khan then

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real
Thought I was reading kayfabe news for a minute

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

There is no way both Shane and HHH are dead because if true, it would be more likely than not that we're in heaven

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
It's us who are dead.

cauliflower jones
Nov 8, 2009
Nick Khan sitting ringside at the Royal Rumble and seeing Shane's punches in person and sending in the order

Conrad_Birdie
Jul 10, 2009

I WAS THERE
WHEN CODY RHODES
FINISHED THE STORY

Omfg please let this be true

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

How can Vince be the final word on everything but also be forced to let someone (HIS SON) go because they produced something bad? Wouldn't Vince have approved it and be just as at fault?