Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!

The_Rob posted:

It’s so important we get Rogan off

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

Oh baby

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Saul Goode posted:

Also Joe Rogan put out a statement to address the controversy that on the surface sounded humble and reasonable but was full of so much bullshit and false claims that anyone with a brain could see right through it, just like his actual podcast. His friends are all out in support of his idiocy so at least it's a useful way to know who to stop paying attention to.

Oh wow crazy. Hey, you seen this video of the gorillas fighting?

Joey McChrist
Aug 8, 2005

Dirt Road Junglist
Oct 8, 2010

We will be cruel
And through our cruelty
They will know who we are

Ganso Bomb posted:

Pretty sure it renews on your billing date, not the first of the month.

I switched to Apple Music a while back and have enjoyed it, but I always keep my eye on Tidal and now Napster because they pay artists a lot more per stream. Has anyone used either of those and if so, do they have the same access to podcasts as the others? I get so used to everything just being available all of the time because of the internet that I sometimes forget that it could be a pain for someone to get their podcast onto yet another streaming platform.

(I don't even know if Tidal and Napster do podcasts at all)

I dunno about podcasts, because I use Downcast and RSS feeds for mine because it's easier to sort out what I have and haven't listened to, and the playlists have a ranking feature that puts the ones I like more on top.

As for cancelling and payments, my account on Spotify is active through the rest of the payment period.

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 4 days!

Saul Goode posted:

Also Joe Rogan put out a statement to address the controversy that on the surface sounded humble and reasonable but was full of so much bullshit and false claims that anyone with a brain could see right through it, just like his actual podcast. His friends are all out in support of his idiocy so at least it's a useful way to know who to stop paying attention to.

And then someone quotes out of context some study about horse dewormer being an antiviral treatment against the rona, and Rogan was all "well well well :smug:" before it was clarified what the report actually said, upon which he deleted the tweet

Rogan knows exactly what the gently caress he is doing. If I didn't already not watch the Rock's movies because none of them appeal to me in the slightest, I'd sure be boycotting them, I tell you what :colbert:

stab
Feb 12, 2003

To you from failing hands we throw the torch, be yours to hold it high

Gumball Gumption posted:

Your goal on cameo or signings in the wrestling business is to make the most money for the least work.

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

Shard posted:

are there any non evil digital music platforms?

Sketchy blogspots linking to Russian filehosts.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

youtube2mp3

Zombie Lemur
Jul 6, 2009

Empyrean empties
AudioGalaxy or GTFO

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Inoki owns lmfao

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

i get tidal for free with my phone plan

Hammond Egger
Feb 20, 2011

by the sex ghost

Sydney Bottocks posted:

And then someone quotes out of context some study about horse dewormer being an antiviral treatment against the rona, and Rogan was all "well well well :smug:" before it was clarified what the report actually said, upon which he deleted the tweet

Rogan knows exactly what the gently caress he is doing. If I didn't already not watch the Rock's movies because none of them appeal to me in the slightest, I'd sure be boycotting them, I tell you what :colbert:

I could believe it either way, subtle grifter or genuine moron... both are plausible!

https://twitter.com/TimRossComedy/status/1482018760542330884

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

The_Rob posted:

It’s so important we get Rogan off Spotify guys. If it happens things will materially get better for us all.

Deplatforming people who spread harmful misinformation has positive benefits, yes

Tampa Bae
Aug 23, 2021

Please, this is all I have
I cut my Spotify Family Plan last year because I didn't have a job that traveled as much and the other people on it barely used it. Every once in a while I load it up to listen to podcasts or some playlists and the ads on free are so annoying, like 2-3 minutes of ads after every 4 songs that I don't think I would've ever gotten spotify premium again out of spite.

back to pirating and RSS feeds. I've already been burned by iTunes yoinking a hundred dollars of albums I paid for because they lost the license or whatever.

I'd say the damage is done and it doesn't matter if Joe Rogan is on the platform or not but what I've learned from Trump's presidency is that it's contagious and spreads like covid

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts
https://twitter.com/jaybriscoe84/status/1488672823619031040

:allears:

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts
they should run briscoes/ftr at revolution

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

graph posted:

they should run briscoes/ftr at revolution

At this stage, I'd bet it's gonna be at Supercard of Honor.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

Rarity posted:

Deplatforming people who spread harmful misinformation has positive benefits, yes

Lmao ok.

Can’t wait until we get healthcare.

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

I feel sad for sad ibushi

https://twitter.com/reasonjp/status/1488717404331212802?s=20&t=YCXGnRuf08OOJd2gtNGA_A

Ziggy Tzardust
Apr 7, 2006

https://twitter.com/reasonjp/status/1488717740953473025?s=21

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
"So you have to work? It doesn't come done?" is a Jeremy from Peep Show line

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

That's storytelling!

I was disappointed that Mark wasn't eating anything in this vid ... and then ... he pulls a sleeve of crackers out of his pocket!

But then ...

THE CAN OF SPRAY CHEESE IN THE OTHER POCKET!

:vince:

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

Rukus ain't having it with the WWE's lovely entrance themes.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost

God drat those guys are awesome

They seriously need to be in AEW and just crush everyone

And then eat crackers and cheese wiz

Long-Time Lurker
May 20, 2021

readin'-but-not-postin'-jones

The_Rob posted:

Lmao ok.

"Actually the wide-scale spread of disinformation is okay because it's not like stopping it would lead to real progress like healthcare."

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

the XFL certainly ain't gonna promote itself

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

The_Rob posted:

Lmao ok.

Check out this dufus suggesting things that only solve one problem rather than all of them simultaneously. What a loser!

Zombie Lemur
Jul 6, 2009

Empyrean empties
The most Ivermectin buying man in sports entertainment today.

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

I'm not interested in constructive criticism, believe me.
if spotify wasn't too busy putting tepid warnings on the dozens of episodes where the largest media figure in the country uncritically platforms quack doctors they would be able to give us all healthcare

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

bebaloorpabopalo posted:

if spotify wasn't too busy putting tepid warnings on the dozens of episodes where the largest media figure in the country uncritically platforms quack doctors they would be able to give us all healthcare

Spotify Wrapped 2022 gonna be lit

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
This doesn't matter. None of this matters.

Hellblazer187
Oct 12, 2003

The USA should absolutely have healthcare. There's literally zero things I can do to make that happen, though. In the meantime since Spotify gives too much money to Joe Rogan and not enough money to musicians I can cancel and move to Tidal which gives slightly more money to musicians and absolutely zero money to Joe Rogan.

tao of lmao
Oct 9, 2005

State of this place

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!
Wrestling Social Media - Well I don't loving care about that

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

The_Rob posted:

Lmao ok.

You're right, doing something good is actually a waste of time. So let's do nothing. Thank you for your hardwork.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

I assumed we'd be getting this as Danhausen's official music but this seems weirdly defensive

https://twitter.com/2M2LN/status/1488582575354523651?s=20&t=bsSJPtScdH_kMKGe3gQoLg

Cool Post Beg
Mar 6, 2008

DADDY MAGIC
Mikey Rukus just going to cook up another banger

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

I've been involved in a number of cults, both as a leader and a follower.

You have more fun as a follower. But you make more money as a leader.

DLC Inc posted:

I assumed we'd be getting this as Danhausen's official music but this seems weirdly defensive

https://twitter.com/2M2LN/status/1488582575354523651?s=20&t=bsSJPtScdH_kMKGe3gQoLg

Sounds to me like he’s fine with it and fans are being weird as usual and harassing Ruckus on Twitter or something and he’s telling them to chill out

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

Shard posted:

You're right, doing something good is actually a waste of time. So let's do nothing. Thank you for your hardwork.

So again what does taking Rogan off Spotify do? He can still have a YouTube channel. He has enough money that he can probably start his own hosting format. Do we arrest him? And when he’s finally gone what does that mean. The world is good now? Literally what does this Rogan stuff do for anyone. At least brave patriot Neil young took a brave stand and took his business to notoriously good and moral company Amazon. It’s 2022 and we’re still having moral panics about the radio man like it’s 2002 and we’re mad at Howard stern.