Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Long-Time Lurker
May 20, 2021

readin'-but-not-postin'-jones

The_Rob posted:

So again what does taking Rogan off Spotify do? He can still have a YouTube channel. He has enough money that he can probably start his own hosting format. Do we arrest him? And when he’s finally gone what does that mean. The world is good now? Literally what does this Rogan stuff do for anyone. At least brave patriot Neil young took a brave stand and took his business to notoriously good and moral company Amazon. It’s 2022 and we’re still having moral panics about the radio man like it’s 2002 and we’re mad at Howard stern.

"Do we arrest him?"

Lmao, let's just ignore this guy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
heh
https://twitter.com/DanhausenAD/status/1488728674065129473?s=20&t=aD8dNeEPEtFOabtn6H3RbA

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

The_Rob posted:

So again what does taking Rogan off Spotify do? He can still have a YouTube channel. He has enough money that he can probably start his own hosting format. Do we arrest him? And when he’s finally gone what does that mean. The world is good now? Literally what does this Rogan stuff do for anyone. At least brave patriot Neil young took a brave stand and took his business to notoriously good and moral company Amazon. It’s 2022 and we’re still having moral panics about the radio man like it’s 2002 and we’re mad at Howard stern.

Stern, 2002: Gonna look at a stripper's butt on an audio medium

Rogan, 2021: Take horse paste for this highly infectious disease

:hmmyes: "these are equivalent, I am very smart"

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

The_Rob posted:

But you still participate in society! Curious!

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

IT'S LIKE I CAN TOUCH YOU!
There's a bit of a difference between "Man who says gross poo poo on the radio" and "Most popular media figure on the planet spreading lies that are literally getting people killed"

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

I'm not interested in constructive criticism, believe me.

The_Rob posted:

It’s 2022 and we’re still having moral panics about the radio man

joe rogan is literally spreading moral panic that is the problem

Stall_19
Jan 2, 2013

Prodigy of Victor von Doom
https://twitter.com/annajay___/status/1488730252419424258

Long-Time Lurker
May 20, 2021

readin'-but-not-postin'-jones
He's already at "What's next? Arrest Rogan?!" If you don't ignore him now, he's going to write a screed about how people who are trying to deplatform Rogan are fascists next.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

Long-Time Lurker posted:

He's already at "What's next? Arrest Rogan?!" If you don't ignore him now, he's going to write a screed about how people who are trying to deplatform Rogan are fascists next.

I was just trying to understand what the next step is. Getting him off of Spotify doesn’t mean he can’t upload to the countless other sites or start his own platform. So what do you do when he keeps doing the show and also gets the audience back that left once he went to Spotify.

Two Beans
Nov 27, 2003

dabbin' on em
Pillbug

Long-Time Lurker posted:

With luck he'll post it here so we can all enjoy it.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

tao of lmao posted:

State of this place

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

The_Rob posted:

I was just trying to understand what the next step is. Getting him off of Spotify doesn’t mean he can’t upload to the countless other sites or start his own platform. So what do you do when he keeps doing the show and also gets the audience back that left once he went to Spotify.

Deplatforming from the biggest sites actually works. LMAO at Simple Joe starting his own platform though. That's worked super well for the dozens of grifters that have tried it since Trump got banned from Twitter.

kdrudy
Sep 19, 2009

The_Rob posted:

Man you're a dummy.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

flashy_mcflash posted:

Deplatforming from the biggest sites actually works. LMAO at Simple Joe starting his own platform though. That's worked super well for the dozens of grifters that have tried it since Trump got banned from Twitter.

You know he got his audience way before he was ever on Spotify right?

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

The_Rob posted:

You know he got his audience way before he was ever on Spotify right?

What does that have to do with anything? Youtube has kicked people off for misinformation too.

mactheknife
Jul 20, 2004

THE JOLLY CANDY-LIKE BUTTON

tao of lmao posted:

State of this place

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

flashy_mcflash posted:

What does that have to do with anything? Youtube has kicked people off for misinformation too.

It means he still has an audience and and in fact will most likely have a bigger audience even after Spotify. He lost a portion of his audience because of his move to Spotify.

Penguin Patrol
Mar 3, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

Long-Time Lurker posted:

Lmao, let's just ignore this guy.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

The_Rob posted:

It means he still has an audience and and in fact will most likely have a bigger audience even after Spotify. He lost a portion of his audience because of his move to Spotify.

Sweet! Where's that audience gonna listen to him tho

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

DLC Inc posted:

I assumed we'd be getting this as Danhausen's official music but this seems weirdly defensive

https://twitter.com/2M2LN/status/1488582575354523651?s=20&t=bsSJPtScdH_kMKGe3gQoLg

I dunno, this seems like a pretty chill response by a normal dude who probably saw internet weirdos being weirdos about their favorite weirdo wrestling character. And probably better to say something now to try and shut those weirdos up than wait for the weirdos to get even weirder.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

flashy_mcflash posted:

Sweet! Where's that audience gonna listen to him tho
You understand that people put their podcasts a lot of different places correct? Like it’s not hard to do. Unless you believe we can take him off every platform the internet offers.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

The Discourse

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

The_Rob posted:

You understand that people put their podcasts a lot of different places correct? Like it’s not hard to do. Unless you believe we can take him off every platform the internet offers.

If Spotify can refuse to air his podcast then so can iTunes (or other popular podcast outlet of choice)

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

The Rob, just take a step back and look at what you are arguing. You are saying that doing SOMETHING is in fact pointless and should therefore not be done. You are arguing for doing NOTHING. Would something not be better than nothing?

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

Rarity posted:

If Spotify can refuse to air his podcast then so can iTunes (or other popular podcast outlet of choice)

And then once this happens the world will improve. No one will believe dumb things anymore and people will have actual material things to help them in life.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Ganso Bomb posted:

I dunno, this seems like a pretty chill response by a normal dude who probably saw internet weirdos being weirdos about their favorite weirdo wrestling character. And probably better to say something now to try and shut those weirdos up than wait for the weirdos to get even weirder.

I mean I get it. The bootsy-rear end Tequila knock off with the "Danhausen." line is pretty perfect, so the immediate reaction is understandably that it'd be hard to improve on it. And I can also understand the fear that Danhausen gets saddled with some generic trap song which doesn't fit his personality at all, but Ruckus usually manages to capture each wrestler's character pretty well so it could be amazing.

E:

in case someone hasn't heard it, this is Danhausen's current theme.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z-yYuG86JmQ

I bet Ruckus could have a fun take on it.

Shaman Tank Spec fucked around with this message at 16:11 on Feb 2, 2022

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values
I find it very funny someone as PR savvy as The Rock didn't even wait a millisecond to see the reaction to Rogan's "apology," just couldn't wait to post and talk about how much he loves Joe. But perhaps The Rock just lives in the future and is always ahead of the curve, he knew Osama was dead before anyone else.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

Shard posted:

The Rob, just take a step back and look at what you are arguing. You are saying that doing SOMETHING is in fact pointless and should therefore not be done. You are arguing for doing NOTHING. Would something not be better than nothing?

Literally nothing will happen anyway. What do you think will happen materially after Rogan is successfully off of every major streaming platform?

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

The_Rob posted:

Literally nothing will happen anyway. What do you think will happen materially after Rogan is successfully off of every major streaming platform?

Maybe something better who knows? Why not try and find out? You sound like every Gen X who is always arguing well both sides are actually bad so I won't support anything. Or like people I knew in high school who thought the idea of doing anything was terrible. Why is this your hill? You just arguing to argue.

tao of lmao
Oct 9, 2005

So many great wrestling tweets.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

The_Rob posted:

Someone needs to send this tweet and send it to WWE so they can trademark RNN and revive Randy News Network before Joe Rogan creates Rogan News Network to talk about how he shoves horse pills in his rear end or whatever

kdrudy
Sep 19, 2009

The_Rob posted:

Fewer people will get misinformation from him. It's a step in the right direction.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

I would not put Joe Rogan in a jail. it would only encourage him. That said, wtf lol. Dude is full Alex Jones at this point, deplatform him.

Also any discussion of "ethical" streaming platforms needs to start with the discussion of economics. In the old days, you bought physical media and if the artist had some negotiating stroke they'd get 5% So 5% of $15USD is $0.75 per sale goes back to the artist or split with artist and their management. The rest is taken by distro chain, label, and studio. Self recording and distro helped change out those margins and in some cases, got the artist more cash or would push them further into debt since physical media distribution is a money sink. Now streaming gets the artist a flat fee of around $0.001 per unique stream. That effectively caps the amount of money an artist will ever see. A million unique listens gets you a check for $1000.

Congrats, we've destroyed art.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

gently caress this joe rogan talk here's content

https://twitter.com/realKILLERkross/status/1488740363674263554?s=20&t=CQFu01KCiJF8QYBnopj8nw

I actually have no idea what he's talking about it lol, the language is weird but it's cool when released wrestlers make these "jailbreak" vignettes

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

The_Rob posted:

Hey, you can read this Wikipedia article about the concept of deplatforming & stop making GBS threads up the thread.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

DLC Inc posted:

https://twitter.com/realKILLERkross/status/1488740363674263554?s=20&t=CQFu01KCiJF8QYBnopj8nw

I actually have no idea what he's talking about it lol, the language is weird but it's cool when released wrestlers make these "jailbreak" vignettes

It's weird that people keep doing these only about getting out the WWE. Oh well I'm sure the Gareths of the world are correct and the WWE is an amazing place to work though!

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.

DLC Inc posted:

He's going to set up a tiktok channel.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Mr. Squishy posted:

He's going to set up a tiktok channel.

*Scarlett* is going to set up a tiktok

Duke Pukem
Oct 23, 2010

Three cheers for dark beer!

tao of lmao posted:

So many great wrestling tweets.

Adbot