Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Pennywise the Frown posted:

Anything special about this vaccine? I got 3 of the pfizer and don't really care which ones I got.

There’s nothing really special about it for you or I.

It presents the whole length of the Wuhan-Hu-1 spike and causes a similar immune response.

Unlike the vaccines currently available in the Anglosphere, it’s a protein subunit vaccine. It doesn’t rely on your own cells to make the spike. The spike was made in moth cells in the laboratory, then separated and purified.

These proteins are more stable than is RNA, and even more stable than the modified adenovirus used in J&J’s and AstraZeneca’s vaccines, so it’s attractive to purchasers for that reason, but not to the public.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

Raskolnikov2089 posted:

https://www.frontiersin.org/articles/10.3389/fimmu.2018.02569/full

Seems to happen with some of the big nasties. There is some evidence it is happening with COVID as well. ( Someone please correct the poor liberal arts major, but isn't the point of naive T cells to be "used/imprinted" when a new pathogen is encountered?)

https://www.nature.com/articles/s41590-021-01113-x?s=09

https://www.drugtargetreview.com/news/81320/t-cell-exhaustion-may-limit-long-term-immunity-in-covid-19-patients/

I'm not saying, "COVID is airborne aids for everyone who gets it", I am saying it's too early to hoist the "Mission Accomplished" banner on the flight deck just yet.

These articles are interesting but they don't bear out the OP's concern that covid-19 is routinely causing cumulative and permanent loss of naive t-cell quantities. Obviously it sucks that long covid sufferers basically have to regrow lost immune function but that's a separate (and still very serious) concern

Stickman
Feb 1, 2004

Novavax is potentially attractive to anyone who bought into the "ITS OVERWRITING YOUR DNA" bullshit or the "UNTESTED VACCINE TECHNOLOGY" bullshit, but not enough of the other nonsense to be completely closed to any vaccines at all. That's going to be a least some people, but not a large chunk of the unvaccinated.

HolHorsejob
Mar 14, 2020

Portrait of Cheems II of Spain by Jabona Neftman, olo pint on fird
On this whole "Naive T-cell depletion" note, how does getting covid a few times compare to, say, getting the flu every other year for 60 years?

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

I'M CONCERNED ABOUT A NUMBER OF THINGS

Stickman posted:

Novavax is potentially attractive to anyone who bought into the "ITS OVERWRITING YOUR DNA" bullshit or the "UNTESTED VACCINE TECHNOLOGY" bullshit, but not enough of the other nonsense to be completely closed to any vaccines at all. That's going to be a least some people, but not a large chunk of the unvaccinated.

Yeah there's a lot who bought into the whole 'experimental gene therapy' thing who are happy (apparently) to get this one because it's just a protein.

Of course it was also attractive to a bunch of people who felt they could justify their unvaccinated status by saying they weren't anti-vax as such, they were just waiting for the one that was possibly never going to arrive.

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

HolHorsejob posted:

On this whole "Naive T-cell depletion" note, how does getting covid a few times compare to, say, getting the flu every other year for 60 years?

how many times is "a few", and does it affect your answer when you remember that most people have already caught it at least as many times as they've caught the flu over the last two years, under the most effort at containment we're ever going to see?

A Wizard of Goatse fucked around with this message at 04:37 on Feb 1, 2022

Scarodactyl
Oct 22, 2015

Novavax is probably a very good vaccine, maybe in par with mrna vaccines, but certainly the promise of quick production turned out to be less than true. Hopefully once it's up to scale it can be made as cheaply and easily as they have claimed. Better yet of course if they could pivot to an omicron-specific one, though I think they're just too far behind.

LionArcher
Mar 29, 2010

Shinjobi posted:

How is Ring Fit? I hadn't really considered it since for a while they were impossible to find

I think it's okay. I don't think it's better than the peloton app ($13 a month) and a cheap exercise bike and a yoga mat though. The instructors for Peloton are fantastic.

coronatae
Oct 14, 2012

Comfy Fleece Sweater posted:

First time I played Assassin's Creed Odyssey I let the family with the plague live, because come on, the priests were about to kill them, and maybe they'd still live or something

Turns out the priests were right I guess

There's a very small Witcher 3 sidequest where you rescue a guy who's job is to cart away plague bodies and you advise him to burn his cart and wash himself thoroughly, he insists he'll be fine and that no blight can touch him. If you go back to his house a few days later he's dying of the plague and begs you to put him out of his misery.

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug
wonder if vax chasers is a thing yet

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

Philthy posted:

wonder if vax chasers is a thing yet

"It was around my 6th vax injection when I realized I had a problem..."

Pyrtanis
Jun 30, 2007

The ghosts of our glories are gray-bearded guides
Fun Shoe

Shinjobi posted:

How is Ring Fit? I hadn't really considered it since for a while they were impossible to find

Late responding, but other posters covered the highs and lows p much. I like it a lot as someone with chronic pain and a hosed up arm from a motorcycle wreck, I can play it at my pace and if I need a break I can easily take one. It doesn't "shame" you for skipping days, and it's thoughtful in that if you've been doing a lot of a certain type of exercise it'll focus your cooldown stretches in those areas. It's like any other exercise thing though, you have to keep doing it to get benefit, but I like the jogging through the pretty levels and how good it feels to slap the monsters with the exercises

I found mine on Amazon at MSRP direct from Nintendo

Xlorp
Jan 23, 2008

Having experienced the miracles of breakthrough measles and whooping cough, I have no wish to further test the gap between public policy and personal outcome.

Genesplicer
Oct 19, 2002

I give your invention the worst grade imaginable: An A-minus-minus!

Total Clam

Xlorp posted:

Having experienced the miracles of breakthrough measles and whooping cough, I have no wish to further test the gap between public policy and personal outcome.

That was me and Mumps. Had it three separate times, AFTER getting the shot. Also got Rubella.

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

Genesplicer posted:

That was me and Mumps. Had it three separate times, AFTER getting the shot. Also got Rubella.

Shame Obama didn't double tap on that one. :smith:

Nebrilos
Oct 9, 2012

A Wizard of Goatse posted:

my prediction is that the disease that mutates rapidly and tends to cause systemic organ failures in most of its current forms will simply stop mutating once it reaches a relatively harmless variant and we accept it permanently into our lives :)

I've analyzed all of the covid data and found that everyone on record who has caught covid or died of covid has done so in the past. My dataset does not contain a single record of anyone dying of covid or even catching covid after today, thus covid is over tomorrow.

KinkyJohn
Sep 19, 2002

On my wife's "moms who care" group, one particularly caring lady posted that even though her daughter and probably herself are positive, lunch is still on and you're welcome to join if you don't mind getting covid.

This wasn't a joke either, it was a sincere open invitation to all.

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012
Weirdly cute story, some dude has had six vaccines* in the span of a year!

*three for covid, one for the flu, two for shingles

https://www.aftonbladet.se/nyheter/a/QyXlrW/gavlebon-inge-waxin-har-vaccinerat-sig-sex-ganger-pa-ett-ar

Meet Inge Waxin! He is adorable and totally down for a fourth covid shot “if offered”.

Quick Swedish lesson: his name sounds similar to “inget vaccin” - ”no vaccine”, in Swedish. It has caused some mishaps, needless to say!

Let Inge have a fourth shot, as a treat.

brugroffil
Nov 30, 2015

Pfizer to submit data as soon as today on a two shot regimen for under 5's.

The idea is to get two shots approved by the end of the month, and then you get the three shot efficacy data by the end of March and approved shortly thereafter.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/health/2022/01/31/coronavirus-vaccine-children-under-5/

CarlosTheDwarf
Jun 1, 2001
Up shit creek.

gay picnic defence posted:

Yeah there's a lot who bought into the whole 'experimental gene therapy' thing who are happy (apparently) to get this one because it's just a protein.

Of course it was also attractive to a bunch of people who felt they could justify their unvaccinated status by saying they weren't anti-vax as such, they were just waiting for the one that was possibly never going to arrive.

It also reportedly has less side effects. My 2nd and 3rd moderna shots killed me so I'm hoping this is easier on me.

And, it doesn't need ultra cold storage which is a problem in many countries.

Oracle
Oct 9, 2004

CarlosTheDwarf posted:

It also reportedly has less side effects. My 2nd and 3rd moderna shots killed me so I'm hoping this is easier on me.

And, it doesn't need ultra cold storage which is a problem in many countries.

I thought they determined that the mRNA vaccines didn't need as crazy cold storage as they initially thought, either.

Edit: Yeah, they changed that somewhat back in June.

quote:

The vaccine was the first to receive WHO Emergency Use Listing on 31 December 2020, but according to data submitted as part of this application, the vaccine had to be shipped at temperatures between -80°C and -60°C (-112°F and -76°F), could only be kept in a normal freezer at -20°C (-4°F) for two weeks, and unopened vials could only be stored at refrigerated temperatures of between 2-8°C for five days, before either being used or thrown away. Very few countries had the capacity to manage a vaccine requiring ultra-cold storage.

BioNTech told Reuters that it had initially imposed these requirements as a precautionary measure, because stability and durability tests of the vaccine had been started relatively late in the development process. However, its manufacturing partner Pfizer has since submitted further data to regulators suggesting that undiluted, thawed vials of the vaccine are stable at refrigerator temperatures for up to one month.

Increased flexibility in the storage and handling of the vaccine is expected to have a significant impact on its roll-out in EU member states, and within the USA. And now that the WHO has made a similar recommendation and updated its guidance, the vaccine can be stored at higher temperatures in Gavi-supported countries too.

Moderna’s mRNA vaccine, for which COVAX recently signed an advance purchase agreement for 500 million doses, has less stringent cold-chain requirements: it must be shipped at -20°C (-4°F) and can be stored at that temperature for up to six months, but once thawed, it too can be kept in a standard refrigerator at 2-8°C (36-46°F) for up to 30 days.

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe
England is now breaking down (and has back-dated) infections between first infections and possible re-infections (possible reinfections being classified as a positive test 90 days or more after the first positive test) and it's fairly interesting, but not surprising.

Because they don't specifically break it down like this, I've plotted the percentage of cases that are possible reinfections over time:

and yeah, Omicron is *way* better at evading prior immunity than Delta - in fact I'm a little surprised it's not even higher and it might be a good sign that it's "only" 10%. However it's not impossible that this is simply because - as widespread as Delta got - Omicron has completely smashed it's numbers and so it's just not finding enough previously-infected people to reinfect.

To check this theory, I took the total amount of infections on December 1st, as a divider between Delta and Omicron, and plotted the percent of reinfections of that number (i.e. the percentage of (total cases December 1st/total reinfections-total reinfections on December 1st) to give this:

To me, that does at least suggest that Omicron is just waltzing past prior infection, but I need to work out a way of accounting for the fact that people infected previously will, by definition, be more likely to be exposed (i.e. if you assume risk of exposure stays constant then people infected in previous waves must have been exposed more than people infected in the current wave and therefore are still at higher risk of exposure) - I'll have a think about that and see if I can come up with anything.

The other problem with the data is that it still doesn't account for multiple reinfections, and of course it can't account for the effect of vaccination, NPIs and other variables.

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

brugroffil posted:

Pfizer to submit data as soon as today on a two shot regimen for under 5's.

The idea is to get two shots approved by the end of the month, and then you get the three shot efficacy data by the end of March and approved shortly thereafter.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/health/2022/01/31/coronavirus-vaccine-children-under-5/

oh this is fantastic news i have been so worried about my daughter with my son being back in class

Stickman
Feb 1, 2004

goddamnedtwisto posted:

England is now breaking down (and has back-dated) infections between first infections and possible re-infections (possible reinfections being classified as a positive test 90 days or more after the first positive test) and it's fairly interesting, but not surprising.

Because they don't specifically break it down like this, I've plotted the percentage of cases that are possible reinfections over time:

and yeah, Omicron is *way* better at evading prior immunity than Delta - in fact I'm a little surprised it's not even higher and it might be a good sign that it's "only" 10%. However it's not impossible that this is simply because - as widespread as Delta got - Omicron has completely smashed it's numbers and so it's just not finding enough previously-infected people to reinfect.

To check this theory, I took the total amount of infections on December 1st, as a divider between Delta and Omicron, and plotted the percent of reinfections of that number (i.e. the percentage of (total cases December 1st/total reinfections-total reinfections on December 1st) to give this:

To me, that does at least suggest that Omicron is just waltzing past prior infection, but I need to work out a way of accounting for the fact that people infected previously will, by definition, be more likely to be exposed (i.e. if you assume risk of exposure stays constant then people infected in previous waves must have been exposed more than people infected in the current wave and therefore are still at higher risk of exposure) - I'll have a think about that and see if I can come up with anything.

The other problem with the data is that it still doesn't account for multiple reinfections, and of course it can't account for the effect of vaccination, NPIs and other variables.

Another thing to keep in mind is that the reinfection % is very likely to be an underestimate, perhaps by a significant amount. Since infection does offer some protection against serious disease, reinfections are probably less likely to test than initial infections. This goes especially for Omicron, where a greater % of cases has less severe symptoms, pcr testing was difficult to obtain, and rapid tests were untracked.

There’s also some sequence-documented cases of Delta->Omicron reinfection <90 days apart, but I suspect they’re not a significant portion of reinfections.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

teen witch posted:

*three for covid, one for the flu, two for shingles

https://www.aftonbladet.se/nyheter/a/QyXlrW/gavlebon-inge-waxin-har-vaccinerat-sig-sex-ganger-pa-ett-ar

Meet Inge Waxin! He is adorable and totally down for a fourth covid shot “if offered”.

Quick Swedish lesson: his name sounds similar to “inget vaccin” - ”no vaccine”, in Swedish. It has caused some mishaps, needless to say!

Let Inge have a fourth shot, as a treat.

When I traveled to Borneo in 2013 I got 13 shots. It was supposed to be 8 initially, but it turned out I missed the shots I was supposed to get in my late teens and didn't realize it until I received my vaccination records prior to travel. I had to carry my vaccine record with me if I wanted to get health insurance coverage while traveling in certain areas, and it was also a university field school so if we didn't have their required list of shots, we weren't allowed to go.

Endemic to some areas were yellow fever, Japanese encephalitis, dengue fever, diphtheria and others I cant remember right now, got a pre-emptive tetanus shot, got my hepatitis shots finished, took anti-malarial medication while there. Two of the shots required a booster 6 months later, I forget which ones though.

AHH F/UGH
May 25, 2002

goddamnedtwisto posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pcM_u4eV05g

mom and dad fight a lot
Sep 21, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 26 days!
We were just informed that my step-daughter was in contact with a confirmed case of COVID-19 on Sunday. Right now she has a fever and sore throat. It's mild enough that we do not qualify to get tested, and have been advised to assume we have it and self-isolate. Really though, the writing is on the wall.

I'm scared for my 4-year-old, who is not old enough to be inoculated, and whose age group has had a disproportionate increase in cases from Omicron. I'm angry, because I'm way behind at work and really don't have time for this. I'm...tired and defeated, because I was really careful and took as few chances as I could. I've been wearing N95's, eye protection, minimizing contact as much as I possibly can, I didn't even visit my dying grandparents for 6 months because our region had a high case rate. I've had fights with my ex-wife, because I refused to take the kids to their dance competition at the end of the month, as case numbers were exploding.

Most of all I'm just exhausted. I've been obsessively checking COVID-19 data, following reputable health advice, and trying to make sure we're managing our risk appropriately. I was at least hoping I could keep us from being infected until May, when my youngest turns 5 and we can relax a little once he's inoculated. But now he's going to get it without any protection.

I hate all of this. I just loving hate it. :smith:

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe

Stickman posted:

Another thing to keep in mind is that the reinfection % is very likely to be an underestimate, perhaps by a significant amount. Since infection does offer some protection against serious disease, reinfections are probably less likely to test than initial infections. This goes especially for Omicron, where a greater % of cases has less severe symptoms, pcr testing was difficult to obtain, and rapid tests were untracked.

There’s also some sequence-documented cases of Delta->Omicron reinfection <90 days apart, but I suspect they’re not a significant portion of reinfections.

Apart from a few days around Christmas PCR testing wasn't that hard to obtain (at least in London), and LFTs definitely were (and are) traced - you can see the proportions of them here, for positive cases, and here for total tests.

(Note the change in policy of not requiring a followup PCR test for a positive LFT from the 10th)

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 7 days!)

mom and dad fight a lot posted:

If it helps, of the 1.1 million cases in Denmark in December and January, nobody under 20 died. And we don't vaccinate under 5s either.

mom and dad fight a lot
Sep 21, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 26 days!
I'm not worried about him dying. I'm worried about what other organs in his body are being affected, especially if his age group has had a disproportionate increase in cases. But thanks, I'm probably just working myself up.

https://twitter.com/Protect_BC/status/1479522361355354113?s=20&t=pSU3P7HEWfHnG74ujNAGpQ

I've been oddly tired today. I haven't been sleeping that great, but I'm especially tired today. Feels like all the blood is draining from my face.

dwarf74
Sep 2, 2012

Buglord

We were just informed that my step-daughter was in contact with a confirmed case of COVID-19 on Sunday. Right now she has a fever and sore throat. It's mild enough that we do not qualify to get tested, and have been advised to assume we have it and self-isolate. Really though, the writing is on the wall.

I'm scared for my 4-year-old, who is not old enough to be inoculated, and whose age group has had a disproportionate increase in cases from Omicron. I'm angry, because I'm way behind at work and really don't have time for this. I'm...tired and defeated, because I was really careful and took as few chances as I could. I've been wearing N95's, eye protection, minimizing contact as much as I possibly can, I didn't even visit my dying grandparents for 6 months because our region had a high case rate. I've had fights with my ex-wife, because I refused to take the kids to their dance competition at the end of the month, as case numbers were exploding.

Most of all I'm just exhausted. I've been obsessively checking COVID-19 data, following reputable health advice, and trying to make sure we're managing our risk appropriately. I was at least hoping I could keep us from being infected until May, when my youngest turns 5 and we can relax a little once he's inoculated. But now he's going to get it without any protection.

Hey, I was in a similar situation last week - except my older son tested positive for breakthrough covid last Monday. I can give you a rundown of how it went, and I dunno if that will help

* He started isolating immediately after we got home. He was positively contagious on Saturday and Sunday, but still - headed to his room with no problem. Lots of video calls that night and through the day Tuesday.
* The rest of the family got tested Tuesday morning. We figured we either all had it or none of us did, so didn't isolate/mask/etc Monday evening until getting the results on Tuesday night.
* Wife tested positive with results around 7:30 pm that night (it's a really quick saliva-based PCR test, for the record.) Younger son and I both were negative. She started isolating, but my older son had company now, so they both enjoyed that. I started sleeping on the couch.

Skipping forward to today...

* Neither my younger son or I have tested positive yet and we've taken a few. The isolation and whatever protection our vaccinations provided seem to have been up to the task. I know both are probably still contagious but less so by now, so I am a lot less worried.
* My older son is doing fine. He has a bit of a cough still but never got a fever or bad symptoms. No ill effects that we've noticed. The school wanted him back yesterday but I kept him home one more day. He's there today and not thrilled about it, and neither am I, but he's missed 3 weeks now - two for close contacts, one for actual covid - so they want him back.
* My wife is still congested and I am wondering if she has a sinus infection now or something. She never got a fever; fatigue and head cold stuff are all she got.

I'd just suggest isolating as best you can. It's not inevitable the rest of you will get it, and odds are really good you'll all weather it just fine.

I also had a lot of fatigue, etc last week but it turns out it was just ... well, stress, anxiety, etc.

mom and dad fight a lot
Sep 21, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 26 days!
Appreciate it. I guess I'm just wound up too tight from all this. Sorry.

dwarf74
Sep 2, 2012

Buglord

Appreciate it. I guess I'm just wound up too tight from all this. Sorry.
Well it's a narrow line. It's a serious disease that's killed millions of people... But if you have done all you can until now, you're personally probably fine, as is the rest of your family.

There's a weird thing here where if you aren't catastrophizing about the worst things covid has done, and assuming it will all happen to you if you get it, you aren't taking it seriously enough. And for keeping your eye on the ball when you're trying to avoid infection, that's all well and good.

But it's also extremely lovely for your mental health and anxiety levels if you are actually dealing with having it, or with a family member having it. Isolate as best you can, wear those N-95s when you absolutely need to be around one another, care for your family and their emotional needs, and you've done all you can. And you will almost definitely end up okay and on the other side of it in (a very long, but finite) 10-14 days.

coronatae
Oct 14, 2012

Covid test update: negative, it really was just terrible allergies. I bombed myself out with zyrtec and multiple prescription nasal sprays today and only sniffled while crying, A+ would do again

Tagra
Apr 7, 2006

If you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you.

It feels like loving everyone around me has COVID.

We had a virtual board game night and every single family that had kids in school was being ravaged by COVID. The one guy was so exhausted that he kept lying down and having his wife take all his turns. She sounded like she swallowed a bag of frogs. The rest of them sounded horrible too.

Entire departments are going dark at work. But we're not shutting down, of course. We've been classified as "low risk for spread" and all those cases are from socializing in other environments, that's all.

I was in a zoom meeting waiting for a presentation to start and all the presenters were chatting during setup about how many family members have COVID. "My son has COVID right now." "Mine does too!" "My brother was on life support for 14 days and he made it through but he's still got lots of issues, of course." "I'm feeling shaky and have a sore throat and I"m worried because I have pre-existing lung issues..."

But it's fine. No need to close the schools because COVID respects education and won't spread in a classroom.

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

teen witch posted:

And it’s uh one for the flu, two for the shingles, three for the Covid and go go go,

don’t you
Step on my healthy lungs 🫁

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

Tagra posted:

But it's fine. No need to close the schools because COVID respects education and won't spread in a classroom.

Schools should be the last thing to close in a good society because education is important

Perhaps casinos, bars, and whorehouses should take a break before children learning to read

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

2nd shift is down to three people from 9 in my department, 3rd is still at full staff ("full staff" of 5), first is back at full staff of 10 after last week.

Zugzwang
Jan 2, 2005

You have a kind of sick desperation in your laugh.

Ramrod XTreme

Tagra posted:

It feels like loving everyone around me has COVID.

We had a virtual board game night and every single family that had kids in school was being ravaged by COVID. The one guy was so exhausted that he kept lying down and having his wife take all his turns. She sounded like she swallowed a bag of frogs. The rest of them sounded horrible too.

Entire departments are going dark at work. But we're not shutting down, of course. We've been classified as "low risk for spread" and all those cases are from socializing in other environments, that's all.

I was in a zoom meeting waiting for a presentation to start and all the presenters were chatting during setup about how many family members have COVID. "My son has COVID right now." "Mine does too!" "My brother was on life support for 14 days and he made it through but he's still got lots of issues, of course." "I'm feeling shaky and have a sore throat and I"m worried because I have pre-existing lung issues..."

The predictability of all this doesn't make it suck any less.

On top of all the death and disablement coming out of these vast numbers of infections, it's looking like Omicron confers garbage immunity to itself:
https://twitter.com/PeterHotez/status/1488481935965970437?s=20&t=a9DuLHVrdwsbslDfq74zhQ
Until and unless we start seriously clamping down on infections or get a vaccine with excellent sterilizing immunity, I don't see how we get out of this cycle of endless sickness. Yet we're still being gaslit in the media by "this is all fine" people who somehow managed to get MDs or ivy league PhDs despite being some of the dumbest loving people on the planet.

Zugzwang fucked around with this message at 16:41 on Feb 2, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oracle
Oct 9, 2004

Comfy Fleece Sweater posted:

Schools should be the last thing to close in a good society because education is important

Perhaps casinos, bars, and whorehouses should take a break before children learning to read

My kids have seen Encanto like four times (at least the first 30 minutes) because of how many teachers are out and being replaced by subs. This is middle and high school.

Education ain't happening too much right now. But they know all the words to 'We Don't Talk About Bruno' so gg.