Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

edogawa rando posted:

I'm assuming he's being disingenuous as gently caress, but what else is new?

Someone even pointed out that his math is still off by one match so he's probably missing Starks beating Sydal at BotB.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
https://twitter.com/ThisIsCSDX/status/1488260081586167816?t=WNWKvD4N1oOqV5QUcVVn5g&s=19

Not a take but that profile picture is perfect.

Zombie Lemur
Jul 6, 2009

Empyrean empties

Seams posted:

I wish Tony would just send this geek a cheeseboard so we’d no longer have to see his dumb takes

Nah, he should continue ignoring him because it's much funnier. Especially considering how Tony will engage with every random weirdo under the sun except him.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

At least this guy was just unaware of it instead of being an rear end in a top hat about it.

Zombie Lemur posted:

Nah, he should continue ignoring him because it's much funnier. Especially considering how Tony will engage with every random weirdo under the sun except him.

That's how I feel as well. Alfred is honestly the saddest grifter and the more Tony ignores him the better.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Been seeing a lot of these since the news came out about Jeff Hardy (not the original tweet, the reply)

https://twitter.com/nzLiam__/status/1488292105852051457?s=20&t=-oJ4lLlX9Hmms0I2U-1FlQ

Won't these selfish wrestlers think of the children?

mactheknife
Jul 20, 2004

THE JOLLY CANDY-LIKE BUTTON
children, with famously high disposable levels of income, out here buying tickets to see jeff hardy

Claytor
Dec 5, 2011

Davros1 posted:

Been seeing a lot of these since the news came out about Jeff Hardy (not the original tweet, the reply)

https://twitter.com/nzLiam__/status/1488292105852051457?s=20&t=-oJ4lLlX9Hmms0I2U-1FlQ

Won't these selfish wrestlers think of the children?

Why do I get the feeling that if WWE advertised the match and then just chose not to do it this would be one of the fuckers who'd be defending the company with "card subject to change"?

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Claytor posted:

Why do I get the feeling that if WWE advertised the match and then just chose not to do it this would be one of the fuckers who'd be defending the company with "card subject to change"?

Ironically, Jeff walking out is one of the legit reasons for that disclaimer, too

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
https://twitter.com/theIWCunhinged/status/1488562962612858880?t=DB_p7chgghhBr_5WfjDJIg&s=19

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

oh my god who cares lid

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

STONE COLD 64 posted:

oh my god who cares lid

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

I'm not interested in constructive criticism, believe me.
literally just biting on the most obvious bad faith engagement farming takes

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Good try Lid I appreciate your effort unlike these other rude posters

Zombie Lemur
Jul 6, 2009

Empyrean empties
I thought the tweet was funny.

Tweak
Jul 28, 2003

or dont whatever

I gave it an lol, but not lmao. Make of this what you will

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Was curious what old Scott Keith is up to and this mailbag question and response cracked me up.

quote:

So it is agreed amongst all baseball experts that Willie Mays is the greatest baseball player of all times due to being a far above average five tool player (fielding, throwing, running, hitting, hitting with power). In the last 20 years, who is the best 5 tool wrestler (charisma, mic skills, storytelling, movez, look)? Is it DBD or Cena?

The Rock. Or am I not allowed to say him?

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
It's obviously the 5 Tool Player Anthony Bowens

disaster pastor
May 1, 2007

MassRafTer posted:

Was curious what old Scott Keith is up to and this mailbag question and response cracked me up.

I actually went to Keith's blog a couple weeks ago because it occurred to me he'd probably fit great in a "no psycho poo poo, only funny takes" bad takes thread, and I was actually kind of pleasantly disappointed? Like he's still Scott Keith and still has some weirdo opinions and complete misunderstandings, but he's generally pretty PSP-orthodox these days: "AEW is good, WWE is awful, the people behind WWE are terrible." I couldn't find anything worth the effort.

And then his comments section has the opposite problem: there are very few bad takes I saw in that cesspool that were closer to "funny take" than "psycho poo poo." :shrug:

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

"If I lose I will set myself on fire."
I like to post my own bad takes in this thread sometimes.

The problem is there are people who agree with them here.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

disaster pastor posted:

I actually went to Keith's blog a couple weeks ago because it occurred to me he'd probably fit great in a "no psycho poo poo, only funny takes" bad takes thread, and I was actually kind of pleasantly disappointed? Like he's still Scott Keith and still has some weirdo opinions and complete misunderstandings, but he's generally pretty PSP-orthodox these days: "AEW is good, WWE is awful, the people behind WWE are terrible." I couldn't find anything worth the effort.

And then his comments section has the opposite problem: there are very few bad takes I saw in that cesspool that were closer to "funny take" than "psycho poo poo." :shrug:

Yeah he's pretty boring unless he tries to do history so I mostly forget him. But seeing "Best 5 tool wrestler of the last 20 years" being a guy who basically retired 19 years ago was pretty good.

https://twitter.com/Unpaid__Critic/status/1488874662293430273

https://twitter.com/Unpaid__Critic/status/1488877306344923144

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

I can see why he's unpaid.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

disaster pastor posted:

I used to read Scott Keith (he was ... uhhh... Netcop? Was it?) back in the day and he was my go-to-guy for PPV reviews before ordering a tape from some tape trader. What happened to him since then, or was he always a weirdo and I just didn't notice?

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

I used to read Scott Keith (he was ... uhhh... Netcop? Was it?) back in the day and he was my go-to-guy for PPV reviews before ordering a tape from some tape trader. What happened to him since then, or was he always a weirdo and I just didn't notice?

The Hot Poker Up The rear end Rating System.

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

Now I’m wondering what Scotsman and CRZ are up to these days. I will not look into this further.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Lead Pipe Cinch posted:

Now I’m wondering what Scotsman and CRZ are up to these days. I will not look into this further.

It's not very active but Scotsman is one of the moderators of the poker sub forum. He also has a very successful sports betting prediction system.

Edge & Christian
May 20, 2001

Earth-1145 is truly the best!
A world of singing, magic frogs,
high adventure, no shitposters

Lead Pipe Cinch posted:

They both seem fine and do not seem to be writing anything about wrestling, though CRZ will still tweet/retweet about it from time to time.

Mr. Tito retired from phat wrestling commentary on 12/31/2021, so that was the end of an era. It was also probably on-message with this thread, since his last column was a prediction/prediction recap column that boiled down to "I've been saying that CM Punk will return to wrestling every year since 2017 and well... TOLDJA, MY PREDICTION CAME TRUE. I also predicted either ROH or Impact would go out of business every year for the past six years and while I hate to see it, my powers of prediction struck again! Now, for the third straight year I am going to predict that one of the core Elite members will leave AEW, I know I whiffed this one before but I have a good feeling about 2022..."

cauliflower jones
Nov 8, 2009

Edge & Christian posted:

They both seem fine and do not seem to be writing anything about wrestling, though CRZ will still tweet/retweet about it from time to time.

Mr. Tito retired from phat wrestling commentary on 12/31/2021, so that was the end of an era. It was also probably on-message with this thread, since his last column was a prediction/prediction recap column that boiled down to "I've been saying that CM Punk will return to wrestling every year since 2017 and well... TOLDJA, MY PREDICTION CAME TRUE. I also predicted either ROH or Impact would go out of business every year for the past six years and while I hate to see it, my powers of prediction struck again! Now, for the third straight year I am going to predict that one of the core Elite members will leave AEW, I know I whiffed this one before but I have a good feeling about 2022..."

mr tito was truly insufferable, i remember reading him a long time ago and was shocked to see he was still doing it. just like all these old commentators, unbelievably smug about their awful opinions

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

Lead Pipe Cinch posted:

CRZ's forum, the-w.com, is still alive even though there are like four people who still post there. Based on the threads, the regulars seem barely aware AEW even exists.

How about John Petrie of Slobberknocker Central? I can't find anything about him other than a few archived recaps floating around.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
https://twitter.com/WrestlingHumble/status/1488929392298381315

Really good bio too.

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

IT'S LIKE I CAN TOUCH YOU!
Would love to see a match between Brock Lesnar and Randy Orton where they were incapable of doing an F5 or an RKO and just kinda awkwardly pushed each other around the ring

Destroy My Sweater
Jul 24, 2009

is this what the kids call "copium?"

https://mobile.twitter.com/WWEGareth/status/1488891318961065984

IceAgeComing
Jan 29, 2013

pretty fucking embarrassing to watch
I think Gareth is real low hanging fruit; just a comical WWE homer

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values
Gareth is right, Shane McMahon is the highly successful CEO of PPV in China

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

Also not a take but AFAIK Red Velvet is just very dark Columbian. Her dad was a pretty famous South American boxer.

edit: lol honest mistake and I stand corrected, which I guess makes me a gaslighting supremacist or something even though I said "not a take" and "as far as I know". Great job, thread. :rolleye:

sticklefifer fucked around with this message at 16:51 on Feb 4, 2022

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

sticklefifer posted:

Also not a take but AFAIK Red Velvet is just very dark Columbian. Her dad was a pretty famous South American boxer.

She's on AEW's Black History Month album.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

sticklefifer posted:

my man have you actually seen her dad

Quinntan
Sep 11, 2013

sticklefifer posted:

Afro-Colombians are a thing, the Spanish had slaves too.

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

I have never seen LA Knight do anything interesting why to internet weirdos love him so much

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
the good take to have here is to trust with however the person in question considers themself to be and to not play dumb games with heritage qualifications

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord

sticklefifer posted:

https://youtu.be/8dENYJbN1z4