Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Paradoxish
Dec 19, 2003

Will you stop going crazy in there?

Zurtilik posted:

loving half an inch of ice predicted. Would rather have a ton of snow. We're all gonna die, this city shut down for like a week last time we had an ice storm of consequence.

Ice storms are the absolute loving worse. My yard and driveway are still a mess from ice we had almost two weeks ago because the weather refuses to stop fluctuating between melting and freezing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

SirPablo posted:

This is a good resource for seeing how much snow or freezing rain you could get.

https://www.wpc.ncep.noaa.gov/pwpf/wwd_accum_probs.php

lol

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug
Schlonged

A Bakers Cousin
Dec 18, 2003

by vyelkin

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa
Stay safe, snow ghost

Perry Mason Jar
Feb 24, 2006

"Della? Take a lid"

That's bdelloid rotifer!

A Bakers Cousin
Dec 18, 2003

by vyelkin
Bah gawd thats bdeth music

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

That ghost has a massive cock

A Bakers Cousin
Dec 18, 2003

by vyelkin
I'm tired of this snow storm and I am just over it and im going to just live my life

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

A Bakers Cousin posted:

I'm tired of this snow storm and I am just over it and im going to just live my life

:rip:

Died with snow, not of snow.

JAY ZERO SUM GAME
Oct 18, 2005

Walter.
I know you know how to do this.
Get up.

hosting a frostbite party

RandomBlue
Dec 30, 2012

hay guys!

Biscuit Hider

SirPablo posted:

This is a good resource for seeing how much snow or freezing rain you could get.

https://www.wpc.ncep.noaa.gov/pwpf/wwd_accum_probs.php

It just says "LOL"?

Harry Potter on Ice
Nov 4, 2006

IF IM NOT BITCHING ABOUT HOW SHITTY MY LIFE IS, REPORT ME FOR MY ACCOUNT HAS BEEN HIJACKED

A Bakers Cousin posted:

Wow I haven't seen one of these threads in a decade I forget how to respond. Go straight!

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

A Bakers Cousin posted:

snow rules, it's great!

Perry Mason Jar
Feb 24, 2006

"Della? Take a lid"

Bip Roberts posted:

snow rules, it's great!

You're leaving out a lot of rules!

stealie72
Jan 10, 2007

Perry Mason Jar posted:

You're leaving out a lot of rules!
What else is there, other than the one about yellow snow?

Perry Mason Jar
Feb 24, 2006

"Della? Take a lid"
Oh there's lots. I don't want to go through all of them. One is that you have to clean it off your car's roof before driving. That's one. Hmm you gotta like uh you know in that picture it may seem like they now have the option to go left or right because of the Snow Illusion but they should still only go straight. Snow hides a lot. Sometimes you think it's a pile of snow and you think I could probably blast right through it. It's not as powdery as that and you can't. That's another rule. It's a lot of things.

TehSaurus
Jun 12, 2006

Kerosene heater at the ready let's gooooooooo

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

generators dont like the cold, make sure you have them running inside. especially when it's cold out at night*

*this is bad advice, dont do this

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

tater_salad posted:

generators dont like the cold, make sure you have them running inside. especially when it's cold out at night*

If you're cold, they're cold.

Paradoxish
Dec 19, 2003

Will you stop going crazy in there?

tater_salad posted:

I'm still laughing at all the signs begging people not to build two-way plugs to backfeed their generators into their house mains

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

so looks like Texas will get some ice this weekend, possible another big power outage? lol

Perry Mason Jar
Feb 24, 2006

"Della? Take a lid"
Whoever upthread said the utilities will, from last year on out, see all snow/ice storms as an opportunity for huge profits and will choke the grids so much as they can get away with to secure them is right.

Maybe it was in another thread. Either way, grid failure guaranteed (big money no whammies).

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug

actionjackson posted:

so looks like Texas will get some ice this weekend, possible another big power outage? lol

Glad they invested in shoring up their electrical system!

TehSaurus
Jun 12, 2006

I will be legit pissed if we have a serious outage from this sad low energy storm.

nomad2020
Jan 30, 2007

Apparently Chicago lights their rails on fire for cold weather. Extremely metal.

https://twitter.com/Metra/status/1485666351024951307

ekuNNN
Nov 27, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

nomad2020 posted:

Apparently Chicago lights their rails on fire for cold weather. Extremely metal.

https://twitter.com/Metra/status/1485666351024951307

:laugh:

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

The more you kick against the pricks, the more you suffer.

My dream job is the CCP hiring local anti-american shitpostere.

Harry Potter on Ice
Nov 4, 2006

IF IM NOT BITCHING ABOUT HOW SHITTY MY LIFE IS, REPORT ME FOR MY ACCOUNT HAS BEEN HIJACKED

Fuckin lmaooo

tiberion02
Mar 26, 2007

People tend to make the common mistake of believing that a situation will last forever.
Chen Weihua needs a fuckin' gang tag

love the man

Hooplah
Jul 15, 2006

:thurman:

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
this snow storm sucks all I got was rain

Lacrosse
Jun 16, 2010

>:V

NeonPunk posted:

At least it's somewhat heartwarming to finally see half of the country all get the same weather event. We'll all share in the same misery together as one ❤

Can't wait to mock people for driving like poo poo in the snow because I get to hear it every time it snows in Seattle. Come on, show me how it's done :allears:

Koirhor
Jan 14, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
ya I doubt the texas people properly installed transfer switches

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry

dude is basically Chinese getfiscal he does not miss

Lacrosse
Jun 16, 2010

>:V

Bad news: If the Texas power grid fails, people will die

Good news: If it fails badly enough (as it total catastrophic failure) then they will have no choice but to fix it

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

Lacrosse posted:

they will have no choice but to fix it

lmoa

Hooplah
Jul 15, 2006

Lacrosse posted:

Good news: If it fails badly enough (as it total catastrophic failure) then they will have no choice but to fix it

narrator: they didn't fix it

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

Lacrosse posted:

Bad news: If the Texas power grid fails, people will die

this already happened nothing was fixed

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zurtilik
Oct 23, 2015

The Biggest Brain in Guardia
They can't just let the country crumble...

Alas!