Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

Teriyaki Hairpiece posted:

After The Event I wanna be sitting around a trash fire with a fellow scavenger arguing about a specific episode of Frasier and then we hike a month to this concrete bunker compound where some guy in flowing robes with a gun comes out and we ask him who is correct and he goes in and checks The Archive and comes out and is like yeah Eddie chewed up Niles' Italian leather loafers in that episode, not Frasier's and we'll be like ohhhh and get back to our lives of murdering people for cans of pre-Event corned beef hash

'The door is opening - he's coming out! He's coming out!'

"I HAVE REVIEWED THE ARCHIVES AND MADE MY RULING: MICHAEL SAID 'I QUIT,' NOT 'I ACQUIT.'"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Delicious and Informative!
:3:

Jokerpilled Drudge posted:

I remember watching the finale because it was so controversial, where they just all go to a restaurant and eat then the credits. People lost their poo poo but what I don't get is that like half the episodes end with the family just digging into a plate of pasta, the finale wasn't even unique.
broads not being able to park is classic mafia movie language for an imminent hit

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.
Actually even though I can't sing I'm going to be a post apocalyptic travelling bard I will make up lyrics to the theme song from The Office and when I sing it around the fire and the Old Ones recognize the tune they will all cry filled with emotion thinking about Jim and Pam and missing the world that once was

Jokerpilled Drudge
Jan 27, 2010

by Pragmatica

A Buttery Pastry posted:

broads not being able to park is classic mafia movie language for an imminent hit

edit: gif no work

Jokerpilled Drudge has issued a correction as of 16:29 on Feb 2, 2022

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

I saw post apocalyptic play once where bands of actors would roam around trading old sitcom scripts rewritten by people who remembered them. I imagine this is our future more than anything else

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?

After The Event I wanna be sitting around a trash fire with a fellow scavenger arguing about a specific episode of Frasier and then we hike a month to this concrete bunker compound where some guy in flowing robes with a gun comes out and we ask him who is correct and he goes in and checks The Archive and comes out and is like yeah Eddie chewed up Niles' Italian leather loafers in that episode, not Frasier's and we'll be like ohhhh and get back to our lives of murdering people for cans of pre-Event corned beef hash

Eddie never did that. this is bullshit.

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

Suplex Liberace posted:

I saw post apocalyptic play once where bands of actors would roam around trading old sitcom scripts rewritten by people who remembered them. I imagine this is our future more than anything else

Did they stockade the guy with the encyclopedic knowledge of Chuck Lorre sitcoms?

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

Watching Sopranos and while it's well made it has that Breaking Bad kind of thing going on where absolutely everything depicted is loving awful

lilyhammer is the true spiritual sequel of the sopranos in that it owns up to the fact that removing a sopranos character from their setting and putting them literally anywhere else just makes them look badass

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

https://mobile.twitter.com/AniMat505/status/1488301435188092931

Jokerpilled Drudge
Jan 27, 2010

by Pragmatica
real need to go to tashi station vibes

Breakfast All Day
Oct 21, 2004

Is anyone trying to preserve the knowledge of pop culture against some sort of civilization ending catastrophe like the Svalbard seed vault??

i accidentally dropped a punk covers compilation cd into a shed foundation i was helping lay in like 2001 so i think we're all set

Mirello
Jan 29, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
lol, my wife and I started watching daredevil, and the genius journalist is known as a genius because he took down the mafia and the corrupt teachers union. lol that these are mentioned in the same breath, and the ceo of netflix is one of the biggest backers of charter schools. trash man.

we're gonna stop watching because its too violent for her, but I do like that so far (4 eps in) its making it very clear that it's insane +stupid to try to "defeat" crime by going out and beating up/crippling a bunch of guys..

Durf
Aug 16, 2017

Suplex Liberace posted:

station eleven suggests people in the wasteland would want to sit around for Shakespeare

when in reality they'd want to hear the stories of four comedians living in NYC

*guy with colander on his head slides into scene from stage right and slaps money on table*

"I'M OUT!!!!!"

*wounded audience howls, trash band jams on banjo made from industrial parts*

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

Durf posted:

station eleven suggests people in the wasteland would want to sit around for Shakespeare

*guy with colander on his head slides into scene from stage right and slaps money on table*

"I'M OUT!!!!!"

the biggest come-up in terms of social status would be "guy with an acoustic guitar at the party."

yesterday your rendition of wonderwall was a punchline - today it is the only source of entertainment available

Casey Finnigan
Apr 30, 2009

Dumb ✔
So goddamn crazy ✔
piano players would be pretty popular

why would radio broadcasting not be functional in this future? the boombox will be king

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.
The EMP took out everything and the only way to feed yourself is the three chords you learned on the ukulele

Doktor Avalanche
Dec 30, 2008

Pepe Silvia Browne posted:

yesterday your rendition of wonderwall was a punchline - today it is the only source of entertainment available

hell on earth

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Durf posted:

"I'M OUT!!!!!"

Shakespeare is overrated trash and only exists to give drama nerds a head start on a lifetime of crying on stage.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!

according to station eleven everyone is going to be really obsessed with shakespeare

no just the insufferable dorks, much like real life. and even some of them just do it to hang out with people

normal people enjoy the symphony because all the easy theater nerds come into town then after the show they have a party and gently caress

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
"those... actors... they come through again the other day, huh"
"yup"
"that shakespeare poo poo again?"
"yup"
"thinking maybe next time we just... eat 'em, y'know?"
"yup."

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

more like chudspeare, imo

indigi
Jul 20, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!
Shakespeare wrote exactly one thing worth reading and it’s sonnet 130. the plays are fine to watch but lmao reading them is amazing awful experience

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

projecthalaxy posted:

more like chudspeare, imo

only using male actors in womanface? uh, yikes, my dude

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Delicious and Informative!
:3:

indigi posted:

Shakespeare wrote exactly one thing worth reading and it’s sonnet 130. the plays are fine to watch but lmao reading them is amazing awful experience
That makes sense. Imagine making people read the scripts of like Michael Bay movies.

Justin Tyme
Feb 22, 2011

indigi posted:

It's hilarious how much that poo poo is pushed in English class, it isn't meant to be read!!!! It isn't literature!! Kids hate it because it's poo poo to read and it isn't a drama class.

Babysitter Super Sleuth
Apr 26, 2012

my posts are as bad the Current Releases review of Gone Girl

Casey Finnigan posted:

piano players would be pretty popular

pianos are complex, don’t travel well, and require a good amount of technical skill to maintain, so if piano players were a thing in the After Times they’d be stationary artists people travelled to visit, rather than wandering performers

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

according to station eleven everyone is going to be really obsessed with shakespeare

this is why the mr burns play is more accurate. no one cares about shakespeare, but if you can accurately reenact the cape feare episode of the simpsons i'll give you some canned beans

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
All those stomp clap hey ho bands of the 2010s were trying to get ahead of the game and write the music that would get played in our post-collapse taverns

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

Suplex Liberace posted:

committing my favorite podcast episodes to memory so I can do all the parts by myself in 30 years

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

mawarannahr posted:

committing my favorite podcast episodes to memory so I can do all the parts by myself in 30 years

The Quadrant 1 Players Present: A Conversation Between Two Gentleman, Joseph Rogan and Jordan Peterson, Circa 2022

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

indigi posted:

normal people enjoy the symphony because all the easy theater nerds come into town then after the show they have a party and gently caress

lol

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

mawarannahr posted:

It's 2075. Hundreds of dirt face peasants have been given leave from their daily labors by the munificent Lord Kayden in order to enjoy the traveling troupe of actors passing through the Duchy of Texarkana. Though the Palais de Costco is larger than any building most have ever set foot in, even it's mighty pre-collapse architecture struggles to contain the peering masses, who strain their eyes to make out the stage and it's players. Cheers erupt as an older man, the leader of the troupe, steps forth wearing a fake beard. He is The Hero and The People Love Him. But what's this? Another appears, stage right. It's the deceiver, the one wearing a comic opera fake nose and large hump on his back. The crowd hisses. Even the children recognize the most famous villain of the stage.

The older man turns and points at the hideous villain, and the crowd silences itself. "Adam! Verily doth thou soil thyself and mine chair! Accursed wretch, I pronounce thee a bug!"

The villain screeches in terror of the Lord and beetle like wings unfold themselves from his hump. A chorus of angelic children start to sing. It's a hymn, and a popular one at that. "Blue Chew Chewable Tablets, Go To Blue Chew Dot Com, Use Promo Code Cuuuum~"

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

Pepe Silvia Browne posted:

All those stomp clap hey ho bands of the 2010s were trying to get ahead of the game and write the music that would get played in our post-collapse taverns

Gaze upon this visualization and find that you've been living in a box

https://everynoise.com/engenremap-stompandholler.html

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

"THE FLASH IS THE REASON
TO RACE TO THE THEATRES"

This title contains sponsored content.

shakespeare slaps, sorry nerds.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I don't think the post apocalyptic podcast stuff is going to be some grand Shakespearean play I think it's more likely all the local agricultural workers will be herded into a drafty rushlit barn to watch Lord Humungus do a "live podcast" where it's him shooting the poo poo with some itinerant merchant or bard or priest for 3 hours both of them on a makeshift stage talking into scavenged microphones that have cords that don't go anywhere and if anybody falls asleep they get stabbed by a guard who is armed with a spear that's a bit of broken autoglass strapped to a stick

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

I don't think the post apocalyptic podcast stuff is going to be some grand Shakespearean play I think it's more likely all the local agricultural workers will be herded into a drafty rushlit barn to watch Lord Humungus do a "live podcast" where it's him shooting the poo poo with some itinerant merchant or bard or priest for 3 hours both of them on a makeshift stage talking into scavenged microphones that have cords that don't go anywhere and if anybody falls asleep they get stabbed by a guard who is armed with a spear that's a bit of broken autoglass strapped to a stick

is this the joe rogan experience ive been hearing so much about

Bear Retrieval Unit
Nov 5, 2009

Mudslide Experiment

who runs cumtown?

damn horror queefs
Oct 14, 2005

say hello
say hello to the man in the elevator

indigi
Jul 20, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!

I don't think the post apocalyptic podcast stuff is going to be some grand Shakespearean play

people are lame and like to dress up and play pretend, it will absolutely be some silly play bullshit. and I’ve already reserved my seat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Bear Retrieval Unit posted:

who runs cumtown?

is that why they call him Master Blaster