Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

gohmak
Feb 12, 2004
cookies need love

MarcusSA posted:

Season 2 is fantastic but there is a weird plot line that ended up being dumb and gross.

Spoiler Ed’s wife hooks up with their dead kids best friend who is like 18

Pretty much everything besides that was fantastic.

except when the station depressurized and people were flying out. Sorry but The Expanse killed that trope sci-fi writers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

spookygonk
Apr 3, 2005
Does not give a damn

CrimsonAuthor posted:

Almost Human was a one-season show that kind of felt like what a Caves of Steel TV show would be.

Such a shame it was cancelled.

Taear
Nov 26, 2004

Ask me about the shitty opinions I have about Paradox games!

MarcusSA posted:

Season 2 is fantastic but there is a weird plot line that ended up being dumb and gross.

Spoiler Ed’s wife hooks up with their dead kids best friend who is like 18

Pretty much everything besides that was fantastic.

But it totally worked and made sense, I dunno why you're mad about it. It was gross, but they built it well and it did make sense.

Peachfart
Jan 21, 2017

I watched the first few episodes and was hooked, and then the plot began to fall apart and get stupider and stupider. Now I'm up to Episode 7 and I don't understand wtf is happening. Does it get better? Is it worth finishing?

Wafflecopper
Nov 27, 2004

I am a mouth, and I must scream

Peachfart posted:

Does it get better?

lmao. lol

Kaal
May 22, 2002

through thousands of posts in D&D over a decade, I now believe I know what I'm talking about. if I post forcefully and confidently, I can convince others that is true. no one sees through my facade.

Peachfart posted:

I watched the first few episodes and was hooked, and then the plot began to fall apart and get stupider and stupider. Now I'm up to Episode 7 and I don't understand wtf is happening. Does it get better? Is it worth finishing?

I mean you came this far, I'd say you owe it to yourself to finish it. Episode 8 is not too bad, and certainly memorable. The show rapidly loses focus, and it is pretty divorced from the source material in both plot and theme, but it's pretty to watch and has good things to offer scene-by-scene as a sci-fi show generally.

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

Peachfart posted:

I watched to ep 7 and quit, it felt great

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Peachfart posted:

Lol owned

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."
The zeroth foundation lost the knowledge of how to make a tv show make sense and we are all the lesser for it.

Wafflecopper
Nov 27, 2004

I am a mouth, and I must scream

Kaal posted:

Episode 8 is not too bad, and certainly memorable.

I don't specifically remember episode 8 at all. I'm sure I remember parts of it, but I don't remember which episode those parts are from, and I certainly don't go "wow, that ep 8, foundation was mostly poo poo but boy howdy that ep 8, I sure remember that one"

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

Peachfart posted:

It goes so off the rails it becomes hilarious in its ineptitude. loving Hugo.

Kaal
May 22, 2002

through thousands of posts in D&D over a decade, I now believe I know what I'm talking about. if I post forcefully and confidently, I can convince others that is true. no one sees through my facade.

Wafflecopper posted:

I don't specifically remember episode 8 at all. I'm sure I remember parts of it, but I don't remember which episode those parts are from, and I certainly don't go "wow, that ep 8, foundation was mostly poo poo but boy howdy that ep 8, I sure remember that one"

Cleon goes on a long walk.

gohmak
Feb 12, 2004
cookies need love

Kaal posted:

Cleon goes on a long walk.

The whole episode was a setup for AI soul joke.

Chairman Capone
Dec 17, 2008

List of new characters was announced for season 2. From the names (Poly Verisof, Hober Mallow, Bel Riose, and the "Psychic Warlord of Kalgan" sounds like it's going to take from the final two stories of Foundation and both parts of Foundation and Empire. Though who knows to what actual degree.

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!

Chairman Capone posted:

List of new characters was announced for season 2. From the names (Poly Verisof, Hober Mallow, Bel Riose, and the "Psychic Warlord of Kalgan" sounds like it's going to take from the final two stories of Foundation and both parts of Foundation and Empire. Though who knows to what actual degree.

But have they announced whether rear end suck writing is coming back?

Chairman Capone
Dec 17, 2008

I assumed that was just a given.

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

do not buy a oneplus phone

Can't wait for our heroine to have a psychic battle against that warlord on an exploding ship as it spirals into a black hole.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Nitrousoxide posted:

Can't wait for our heroine to have a psychic battle against that warlord on an exploding ship as it spirals into a black hole.

Nice I hope it's like Dragon ball Z :black101:

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Nitrousoxide posted:

Or There is a device that only Hardin can open because Psychohistory knew that she was going to be there on that day in that moment with that exact jacket on.

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

do not buy a oneplus phone

I bet the warlord is extremely attractive and muscular too.

Centrist Committee
Aug 6, 2019
I forgot about this wretched show

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Centrist Committee posted:

I forgot about this wretched show

Psycho-history works best when people are unaware of it

nashona
May 8, 2014

Though she be but little, she is fierce

Kalgan take me away

Rectal Death Adept
Jun 20, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=31g0YE61PLQ

Hexyflexy
Sep 2, 2011

asymptotically approaching one

Nitrousoxide posted:

The huge psychic battle is over, the ship is screaming towards the black hole.

HEROINE: I'm shooting at the black hole but the ship won't stop!

Shots from her gun tear through the front window of the ship, seemingly vanishing as the windows craze and sputter. Shot of the crew looking to her as she scowls...

HEROINE: Harr..!?

The final bullet plinks off what looks like a small black painted target in front of the ship that starts spinning. The ship stops moving, lights stop flash, confusion takes over.
A hologram appears.

HARRY: I placed that cardboard target there a thousand years ago, can you guess why?

The hologram tips his fedora, credits roll.

That's at least better than like episode 8.

nashona
May 8, 2014

Though she be but little, she is fierce

Nothing about Lee Pace in a sheer black mesh crop top for season 2? :swoon:
Pic might be mildly spoilery based on others in the pic

Here's hoping for Oops all Cleons

dpkg chopra
Jun 9, 2007

Fast Food Fight

Grimey Drawer

nashona posted:

Nothing about Lee Pace in a sheer black mesh crop top for season 2? :swoon:
Pic might be mildly spoilery based on others in the pic

Here's hoping for Oops all Cleons

Would definitely watch Lee Pace’s Drag Race: Terminus

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

We already - What about sticking our middle fingers up... That was insane
Fun Shoe
Want some hot Cleon dick, gently caress all that foundation poo poo

Mokotow
Apr 16, 2012

Oh they seem to be further in with the filming then I’d expect.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

ElGroucho posted:

Lee Pace as a hot emotional space tyrant was one of the few good things about the very bad first season.

Hexyflexy
Sep 2, 2011

asymptotically approaching one

ElGroucho posted:

"Clones behind closed doors" would be a nice 3 part spin off series. Like, what's the downside, everyone's thinking about it anyway.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.
I'd watch a fanedit of just the parts with various Cleons.

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."
This is all a prequel to Guardians of the Galaxy, which features the Final Cleon

Taear
Nov 26, 2004

Ask me about the shitty opinions I have about Paradox games!
I wonder if they regret doing season 2 immediately?

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

Taear posted:

I wonder if they regret doing season 2 immediately?

I know I do.

Bananaquiter
Aug 20, 2008

Ron's not here.

Just watched it an enjoyed it up until they got to the space ghost Hari puppetmaster bullshit and I now hate the foundation and every member of it.

Team Cleon.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Bananaquiter posted:

Just watched it an enjoyed it up until they got to the space ghost Hari puppetmaster bullshit and I now hate the foundation and every member of it.

Team Cleon.

the inevitable pull of psycho-history claims another victim. I can't wait for season 2, I hope the mule is a hari clone

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
Hari predicted that post.

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

I hope season 2 is just Lee Pace’s Cleon realizing the empire is hosed and he embarks on a 9 episode junket of debauchery, fully oiled up and at least shirtless the entire time.

Then in episode 10 I hope he nukes every character associated with season 1

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

When I give a small hand signal, everything associated with season one will be obliterated, including all the viewers.