Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: ZShakespeare)

TheCenturion
May 3, 2013
HI I LIKE TO GIVE ADVICE ON RELATIONSHIPS

BGrifter posted:

To be fair to the crazy trucker fangirl, I’m pretty sure it came from a place of naivety not realizing how bad that sounds. I don’t think she was trying to Epstein her way into their good books.

I think it’s way funnier that way. They’ve created a mind palace where truckers are paragons of virtue and the real evil in society is grade school teachers.

They proudly and publicly fly flags and bumper stickers saying “gently caress Trudeau” while clutching their pearls at the lack of decorum around children.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

apatheticman
May 13, 2003

Wedge Regret

Powershift posted:

Jason Kenney: "So there's a chance?"

Is there any law that says someone can't be Prime Minister and a Provincial Premier at the same time? or even can't be an MLA/MPP and MP at the same time?

Kenney already said no dice during yesterday's press conference.

leftist heap posted:

If leftist protestors armed themselves the same way it would be an absolute bloodbath

Cops prefer their lives over ideology and prefer to swarm and bully rather than engage in a fair fight.

Cops have done enough poo poo to paint them, hitting them with hypotheticals is silly.

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

Public school teachers are callous dictators who won't lift a finger to stop children from peeing in my plane

TheCenturion posted:

They proudly and publicly fly flags and bumper stickers saying “gently caress Trudeau” while clutching their pearls at the lack of decorum around children.

And what is wrong with letting people of all ages know about 18 naked cowboys in the shower at Ram Ranch, anyway?

bub spank
Feb 1, 2005

the THRILL

tagesschau posted:

What's the game plan for the Tories, other than replacing O'Toole with someone less likely to pick up marginal seats?

Absolute best-case scenario for them would be someone like Brad Wall, who is basically a slightly more charismatic, but less bilingual, version of O'Toole.

Absolute worst case scenario, and also the most likely scenario, is a reactionary clown like Poilievre with no sense of shame and a willingness to do anything to score political points. A more Canadian Ted Cruz, if you will.

Alctel
Jan 16, 2004

I love snails

eXXon posted:

They could, I don't know, do their loving jobs and arrest the people committing crimes. And standing around doing nothing besides posing for photos with Nazis isn't de-escalation. De-escalation would be getting the protestors to gently caress off and stop harassing/assaulting passersby, blaring their horns, pissing on the street while waving around swastikas and confederate flags, etc.

And before someone thinks of replying 'but what about other protestors', there are notable differences between the flu trux klan/Coutts blockaders and G20/indigenous protests.

How has Soly and the Ottawa police dealt with other protestors? I thought they took the same de escalation approach?

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

The Rock is a Canadian citizen. If the Cons wanted to win, they would pick The Rock.

e: Elon Musk also has Canadian citizenship. Imagine how hosed we would be if someone pointed that out.

Powershift fucked around with this message at 20:04 on Feb 2, 2022

enki42
Jun 11, 2001
#ATMLIVESMATTER

Put this Nazi-lover on ignore immediately!
I doubt the Rock would make much headway when his supporter base can no longer smell what he's cooking.

thunderspanks
Nov 5, 2003

crucify this

yeah I'm sure he's dying to leave California in the prime of his career to move to loving ottawa

leftist heap
Feb 28, 2013

Fun Shoe
Pierre Pollievre isn't winning poo poo

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

Public school teachers are callous dictators who won't lift a finger to stop children from peeing in my plane
I call him Polliver, after the hateful little prick who gets skewered in the throat in Game of Thrones.

enki42
Jun 11, 2001
#ATMLIVESMATTER

PP does just fine, I think.

Xaranthius
Nov 27, 2002

Grimey Drawer

infernal machines posted:

"What are you going to do, oust me?"
                        - Man ousted

Nostradamus here made the correct call. Does JP have political desires? He just resigned from being a professor right? How successful could he be as a politician?

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!

TheCenturion posted:

Last night one of the better trolls kept calling in with “my small child now knows the F-word thanks to your protest”.

MakaVillian
Aug 16, 2003

Well, in Whoville they say - that his tiny hands grew three sizes that day.

Xaranthius posted:

Nostradamus here made the correct call. Does JP have political desires? He just resigned from being a professor right? How successful could he be as a politician?

Good god, could you imagine the length and incomprehenisbility of the press conferences?

Servetus
Apr 1, 2010
Since I was asked for citations:

First off: the police are helping the convoy move fuel in: there's a plow that the cops need to move if a truck is to make it through instead of just hand carts.

https://twitter.com/Gray_Mackenzie/status/1488709557698412549?cxt=HHwWioC-hZHd-qgpAAAA

On the subject of covering up violence, the police made a claim of "no incidents of violence", in spite of the fact that there had been numerous attempts at intimidation and some assaults:

https://ottawacitizen.com/news/local-news/trucker-convoy-more-trucks-expected-on-saturday-traffic-impacts-expected-to-worsen

https://twitter.com/Privateer1/status/1487229383630807040

https://twitter.com/CharmainKB16/status/1487209270227709952

https://twitter.com/sghottawa/status/1487854425368633344
"A service user and security guard assaulted."

I already showed Tim Abray's video upthread, the police watched the entire incident and did not intervene. Most people aren't recording or streaming when someone decides to attack them. There was another account from the first day, of a teenage shopclerk threatened with being stabbed if he didn't take off his mask. The police refused to fill out an incident report because the convoy member had left the store by the time they got there. I don't have it in my history since I just read the text and didn't click on the tweet, and it's lost in the tumult of Ottawa twitter over the weekend. Call me a liar if you like.

Also: Apparently the French speaking Convoy contingent is discussing bombing plans on an open channel. I suppose it's good that they are morons, but I do wish the police hadn't helped them move in pickup truck full of an explosive component.

Fried Watermelon
Dec 29, 2008

Servetus posted:

Since I was asked for citations:

First off: the police are helping the convoy move fuel in: there's a plow that the cops need to move if a truck is to make it through instead of just hand carts.

https://twitter.com/Gray_Mackenzie/status/1488709557698412549?cxt=HHwWioC-hZHd-qgpAAAA

On the subject of covering up violence, the police made a claim of "no incidents of violence", in spite of the fact that there had been numerous attempts at intimidation and some assaults:

https://ottawacitizen.com/news/local-news/trucker-convoy-more-trucks-expected-on-saturday-traffic-impacts-expected-to-worsen

https://twitter.com/Privateer1/status/1487229383630807040

https://twitter.com/CharmainKB16/status/1487209270227709952

https://twitter.com/sghottawa/status/1487854425368633344
"A service user and security guard assaulted."

I already showed Tim Abray's video upthread, the police watched the entire incident and did not intervene. Most people aren't recording or streaming when someone decides to attack them. There was another account from the first day, of a teenage shopclerk threatened with being stabbed if he didn't take off his mask. The police refused to fill out an incident report because the convoy member had left the store by the time they got there. I don't have it in my history since I just read the text and didn't click on the tweet, and it's lost in the tumult of Ottawa twitter over the weekend. Call me a liar if you like.

Also: Apparently the French speaking Convoy contingent is discussing bombing plans on an open channel. I suppose it's good that they are morons, but I do wish the police hadn't helped them move in pickup truck full of an explosive component.

These are all one sided reports from the victims though. The convoy says they didn't do it so who are we to believe?

/s

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

Xaranthius posted:

There's enough brainrot in this country that he might actually win.

Shofixti
Nov 23, 2005

Kyaieee!

JP sounds too much like Kermit the frog to win any political office

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

I stumbled ass-backwards into a comfortable, easy life for reasons beyond my comprehension and now I think I'm better than you for it.
There's zero chance the 2022 Conservative party will elect an effete university professor from Toronto as leader. I'd love to see it too but it will never happen.

EngineerJoe
Aug 8, 2004
-=whore=-

Maxime Bernier returning to the CPC as leader would be the most Trump thing to happen so of course it will come to be.

enki42
Jun 11, 2001
#ATMLIVESMATTER

Fried Watermelon posted:

These are all one sided reports from the victims though. The convoy says they didn't do it so who are we to believe?

/s

a few few dozen few hundred bad apples.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

enki42 posted:

a few few dozen few hundred bad apples.

1.4 million bad apples.

The Human Crouton
Sep 20, 2002

"Guy then came back in and physically assaulted the hotel owner."

Where's that video?

Servetus
Apr 1, 2010

The Human Crouton posted:

Where's that video?

There isn't one, we only have people's accounts for some of this stuff. You can believe what you want, but from the behaviour I am seeing out on the street I believe it.

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

The Human Crouton posted:

Where's that video?

Even if it didn't happen, and it's pretty lovely to assume that people would simply lie about being assaulted, this belligerent piece of poo poo anti-masker is putting everyone at risk even if they ended at what has been caught on video. gently caress anyone who harasses a worker doing their job like that. Right to jail, right away.

Piquai Souban
Mar 21, 2007

Manque du respect: toujours.
Triple bas cinq: toujours.
David Reevely and Joanne Chianello live tweeted the Ottawa police press availability and every word was a loving disaster.

End of Reeveley’s thread:
https://twitter.com/davidreevely/status/1488980725596622854

End of Chianello:
https://twitter.com/jchianello/status/1488977686361952258

Edit: apologies if there was a better way to link their threads, this worked in my tweet reader

Piquai Souban fucked around with this message at 22:43 on Feb 2, 2022

InfiniteZero
Sep 11, 2004

PINK GUITAR FIRE ROBOT

College Slice

Shofixti posted:

JP sounds too much like Kermit the frog to win any political office

He's also largely not functional in the actual world so he's a non-starter.

The Butcher
Apr 20, 2005

Well, at least we tried.
Nap Ghost
West Coast random bullshit take... From enough rumblings I've heard, I've got a bad feeling about Saturday here. Could be bluster and nothing serious all but people seem to be getting more fighty.

Weather will be good. Grey wet weather can get tiring, but at least keeps the bullshit level down. Sun comes out, poo poo gets a little more wild. To say nothing of the insanely hot days with long daylight. Mix in some smoke with that and holy poo poo, party time.

Anyway, rebuilt, drilled, and checked over my street medic kit. Really hope no need for it.

Noblesse Obliged
Apr 7, 2012

Truckers blocking a major port would be an interesting test if police are willing to go up against their buddies.

Orthanc6
Nov 4, 2009
https://twitter.com/paulvieira/status/1488958128993574919

Especially if their buddies are from the US, which adds up given the amount of Trump and Confederate flags kicking around

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

The United Clown Posse says Alberta's vaccine passport system is going to be gone "within days"

https://twitter.com/KevinCTV/status/1489002355920195585

loving coward pieces of poo poo, negotiating with terrorists. gently caress removing the restrictions, we should send the unvaxxed to maintain arctic sovereignty. Grise Fiord should look like a tropical paradise compared to where we send these plaguerat fucks!

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

I hear you wish to ball, adventurer..
Absolutely demented posting from an Ontario MPP. https://twitter.com/randyhillier/status/1488994525469106182?t=xx1XJDo01fsixr5QeJgv-A&s=19

Orthanc6
Nov 4, 2009

Thank you for linking that tweet so I can report that trash

Does the far-right not remember how them popping off ended last time? Cause it ended with them decidedly on the receiving end of the violence they kicked off.

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

Jesus tittyfucking Christ...

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011
NICE NICE NICE

straight up threatening to blow up ottawa/the hoc

gently caress gently caress gently caress

stab
Feb 12, 2003

To you from failing hands we throw the torch, be yours to hold it high
Yyyeeeaaahhhhh that's an RCMP visit

Mad Hamish
Jun 15, 2008

WILL AMOUNT TO NOTHING IN LIFE.

Oh look, the businesses that presumably donated all of this helpfully wrote their names on them.

stab
Feb 12, 2003

To you from failing hands we throw the torch, be yours to hold it high

Mad Hamish posted:

Oh look, the businesses that presumably donated all of this helpfully wrote their names on them.

Its an israeli stock photo from 2006. Regardless, it's this nutbar's intent in the messaging

Albino Squirrel
Apr 25, 2003

Miosis more like meiosis

Xaranthius posted:

I'm thinking Ignatieff 2: Lobster Bugaloo.

I'm aware they're very different in terms of their positions but they're both out-of-touch academics with zero rational views on how to actually run a country. I don't see Jorp getting more votes than O'Toole.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

stab posted:

Its an israeli stock photo from 2006. Regardless, it's this nutbar's intent in the messaging

not the one on the left marked with FREEDOM CONVOY 2022 and the sticker of a company presumably near Ottawa (it does say ON on it I just can't be bothered to go to google maps)

but those are plausibly legally bought and used for refueling

either way, the tweet itself is definitely a threat with the two images combined