Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Palladium
May 8, 2012

Very Good
✔️✔️✔️✔️
somehow clothes sold by small online businesses here that are sourced from china is cheaper and much better than the MNC crap that is also sourced from china

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Orange Devil
Oct 1, 2010

Wullie's reign cannae smother the flames o' equality!

Peanut President posted:

im not saying he's evil i'm just saying from batman's weird rear end morality code he's a villain

Property > life

"Weird rear end morality code"

boar guy
Jan 25, 2007

Orange Devil posted:

Property > life

"Weird rear end morality code"

what. batman doesn't kill

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

He kills the same way all rich people kill: indirectly.

Also sometimes secretly in their murder dungeon.

BonHair
Apr 28, 2007

boar guy posted:

what. batman doesn't kill

Yeah, because breaking the legs of low level criminals (which is on point for Batman) in America won't absolutely destroy their lives. The question is if death is from sepsis/bleeding out, poverty or debt induced suicide.

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

JUST POSTING WHILE JERKIN' MY GHERKIN SITTIN' IN A PERKINS!

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.

BonHair posted:

[...]but Superman is pretty straight fascist Ubermensch.

You know Superman was written by a pair of Jewish people, right? And a large portion of his narrative was explicitly anti-bigotry? Granted, there's no shortage of American propaganda, but calling Superman a fascist is a bit of a stretch.

Dungeon Ecology
Feb 9, 2011

BonHair posted:

Yeah, because breaking the legs of low level criminals (which is on point for Batman) in America won't absolutely destroy their lives. The question is if death is from sepsis/bleeding out, poverty or debt induced suicide.

the bat signal is so funny to me like the cops go 'poo poo were outta ideas lets call in the vigilantes'

maybe there should be a 'proud boys' signal.
maybe there already is.

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

You couldn't grok my race car, but you dug the roadside blur.

BonHair posted:

But of course the high level criminals aren't harmed in that way, hierarchy will be preserved and the nobles will be given safe conduct to the fullest extent.

What I don't get is why GCPD takes any of the boss enemies alive after Batman leaves them behind. This is a notoriously corrupt police department, and American police have full immunity from everything except COVID, so why don't any of them just do the ol' "he went for my gun I fear for my life" when they find the Joker and put one in his brainstem?

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

skooma512 posted:

why don't any of them just do the ol' "he went for my gun I fear for my life" when they find the Joker and put one in his brainstem?

they get overtime to show up to crime scenes and shrug, why would they shut down an income source

BonHair
Apr 28, 2007

Screaming Idiot posted:

You know Superman was written by a pair of Jewish people, right? And a large portion of his narrative was explicitly anti-bigotry? Granted, there's no shortage of American propaganda, but calling Superman a fascist is a bit of a stretch.

And Jews can't be fascists, which is why Israel is cool and good. Also Superman is like 100 years old, he's gone through a lot of characterization over the years, and while not all of it is straight fascism, there is still a root of "superhuman good guy with perfect morals protects us from evil bad guys", which I'm gonna call at least fascist adjacent, even if the specific morals are not actually bad.

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.
Jews can be fascist, yes, but what I take issue with is you referring to his creators as fascist when they were explicitly anti-fascist. And while some (lovely) writers have taken him in the direction of "daddy strongman make people obey," that isn't the core of his character despite what Zack Snyder says.

Superman was created to be someone who uplifts the weak and the helpless, to use his privilege to benefit others, to serve rather than be served. The deciding factor of a fascist allegory is an Other to be vilified and reviled and a return to lost glory. Superman, however, was written to inspire cooperation and empathy and progress, and only those who seek to exploit and oppress are thr villains -- people who are evil for what they DO rather than what they ARE. You'll note that his biggest and most notorious nemesis is a rich white xenophobic business criminal who dabbles in politics.

I don't care much for Superman, especially for how he's been co-opted by dipshits and fascists these days, but that's not why he was made.

Screaming Idiot has issued a correction as of 21:15 on Feb 2, 2022

Tankbuster
Oct 1, 2021
Zack snyder made superman fascist.

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Tankbuster posted:

Zack snyder made superman fascist.

Snyder very obviously gets wet for fascist imagery, but if you mention this online you may get swarmed by thousands of loser fanboys

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

Screaming Idiot posted:

Jews can be fascist, yes, but what I take issue with is you referring to his creators as fascist

BonHair posted:

Anyway, not all superheroes are liberals, some are straight up fascist. Judge Dredd is the best example, but Superman is pretty straight fascist Ubermensch.

no one called the creators of superman fascists

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

Screaming Idiot posted:

Jews can be fascist, yes, but

So uh... this is what y'all postin' about in cspam today huh...

Tankbuster
Oct 1, 2021
please define fascist imagery

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

Tankbuster posted:

bundle of sticks wrapped around an axe

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.

Shame Boy posted:

The state of Israel is fascist and is currently actively and unabashedly involved in a campaign of oppression and eventual extermination of the Palestinian people. Yes, they are fascist, and yes, they are Jewish.

Jews can be fash=/=ALL Jews are fash

See example Shapiro, Ben

Screaming Idiot has issued a correction as of 22:03 on Feb 2, 2022

Tankbuster
Oct 1, 2021

RandolphCarter posted:

bundle of sticks wrapped around an axe

Ah yes, also known as

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Dungeon Ecology posted:

the bat signal is so funny to me like the cops go 'poo poo were outta ideas lets call in the vigilantes'

If we had real supervillains instead of just politicians and chuds we'd want vigilantes too. Better than official superhero cops

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
Screaming Idiot

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Tankbuster posted:

Ah yes, also known as

The f-word.

ColtMcAsskick
Nov 7, 2010

Tankbuster posted:

Buff dudes hanging out shirtless with other buff dudes just doing Bro things, maybe outdoors

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

superpeople haha what a lame idea

Complications
Jun 19, 2014

Dungeon Ecology posted:

maybe there should be a 'proud boys' signal.
maybe there already is.

they hop onto discord and pm the local chapter leader or whatever who's probably their coworker who then has this spontaneous idea to do exactly as asked

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

i am harry posted:

superpeople haha what a lame idea

Batman's super power is money

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

Screaming Idiot posted:

The state of Israel is fascist and is currently actively and unabashedly involved in a campaign of oppression and eventual extermination of the Palestinian people. Yes, they are fascist, and yes, they are Jewish.

Jews can be fash=/=ALL Jews are fash

See example Shapiro, Ben

Shame Boy posted:

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

Like I'm not even disagreeing about Israel it's just when you find yourself having to post about the intricacies of how "um, actually jews can be fascists too" in a discussion about loving superman then lmao

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

The Bloop posted:

Batman's super power is money

And engineers.

Also compelling engineers to obsess over comic books.

boar guy
Jan 25, 2007

super man is god are you saying god is fascist oh wai

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

I don't jailbreak the androids, I set them free.

WATCH MARS EXPRESS (2023)
The following c-spam posters are liberals:

- you

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

tokin opposition posted:

The following c-spam posters are liberals:

- you

Tankbuster
Oct 1, 2021

Shame Boy posted:

Like I'm not even disagreeing about Israel it's just when you find yourself having to post about the intricacies of how "um, actually jews can be fascists too" in a discussion about loving superman then lmao

the insidious power of snyder.

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.

Shame Boy posted:

They said Superman is fascist imagery, and he isn't, he was created by a pair of Jewish artists as a rebuke to fascism's exclusionist bigotry.

Thought Slime had a really good video on the matter that I think is worth a watch if you're into breadtube-adjacent stuff.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jz5nB7erEXw

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

Screaming Idiot posted:

They said Superman is fascist imagery, and he isn't, he was created by a pair of Jewish artists as a rebuke to fascism's exclusionist bigotry.

And I would have quoted them with the same reply if your reply wasn't marginally funnier.

Jokerpilled Drudge
Jan 27, 2010

by Pragmatica

Screaming Idiot posted:

Thought Slime had a really good video on the matter that I think is worth a watch if you're into breadtube-adjacent stuff.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jz5nB7erEXw

I thought you said superman was a hundred years old and has been manipulated by scores of writers, but now we're supposed to act like only one version of superman exists? jeez

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Red Baron posted:

he just keeps getting cooler

Yes and it's literally his whole persona.

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

Gender Studies Final Paper on Superman IV: The Quest for Peace

Any analysis of Superman must first necessarily begin with a discussion on the phenomena and motivations of Jewish collaborators in occupied Poland and the obvious parallels to Nuclear Man, the embodiment of all the world's self-destructive nuclear arms race ambitions and anxieties that was created when Superman threw a nuclear missile into the sun. Therefore...

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.
I'm just tired of fascists stealing stuff. Why the gently caress should they get superheroes? Why can't superheroes represent direct action against oppression in favor of the common people regardless of race, nationality, etc.?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

:harambe:

The development of Superman over the last century is a metaphor of Zionism if you think about it