Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

NotJustANumber99 posted:

Do they have a newsletter?

https://twitter.com/WorldBollard/status/1485701877396295681

*Daytona USA voice* ROOOOOOLLIIIIIIINGGGGG STOOOP

I think that's just one example of them programming to allow the sort of law breaking people are used to instead of, well, anything that would make cars being actually autonomous possible. Pure lifestyle poo poo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Comrade Fakename
Feb 13, 2012

Guavanaut posted:

https://twitter.com/AyoCaesar/status/1488549874211737605

Every woman who has had children is a TERF *asks mam* Every woman who has had children except her is a TERF

Sonia Sodha is like the human embodiment of the "no, it's the children who are wrong" concept.

notaspy
Mar 22, 2009

That's the face I make when holding in a particularly wet fart

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Teslas don't "run" stop signs and reporting them doing so is shoddy journalism. To begin with their pace would more accurately be characterised as a gentle amble,

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Tesla Pro has an Gradius option pod that swaps the stop sign for a yield/give way sign as you approach and then switches it back after.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

It's not driving badly by accident, it is a perfect, immortal machine, it's driving badly on purpose, idiot.

Small Strange Bird
Sep 22, 2006

Merci, chaton!
Musk's Commodore 64 had a RUN/2MPH key.

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

somehow that last av was even worse than your posting
I was fined for not coming to a full stop at a stop sign in france so if the tesla can just do that for me I'm fine with that. As long as I can pay the fine in bitcoin.

Mr Phillby
Apr 8, 2009

~TRAVIS~
It's fine if an ai tesla hits your child because the word 'WASTED' will simply appear on screen and they'll respawn outside the nearest hospital

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Only two contestants left! Here is Doom's chance for revenge...

So expect to hear stuff about the Northern Ireland protocol on the news again tonight.

NI Protocol dispute escalates: Agriculture minister Edwin Poots orders Irish Sea border agri-checks to end at midnight

https://jrnl.ie/5671186

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

So does everyone else, he's not special.

thrashingteeth
Dec 22, 2019

depressive hedonia
always tired
taco tuesday

Comrade Fakename posted:

Sonia Sodha is like the human embodiment of the "no, it's the children who are wrong" concept.

I do think liberal and/or TERF writers definitely come across as people who have never spoken to any women with kids or jobs outside of their weird circlejerk jurno pals.

It's how they end up thinking the greatest oppression Women(TM) experienced was by those in the 70's who decided to wear trousers rather than a pencil skirt to their yuppie jobs in London.

thrashingteeth fucked around with this message at 19:09 on Feb 2, 2022

big scary monsters
Sep 2, 2011

-~Skullwave~-

Epic High Five posted:

https://twitter.com/WorldBollard/status/1485701877396295681

*Daytona USA voice* ROOOOOOLLIIIIIIINGGGGG STOOOP

I think that's just one example of them programming to allow the sort of law breaking people are used to instead of, well, anything that would make cars being actually autonomous possible. Pure lifestyle poo poo

This is a great account and this post had me in tears (sound on):
https://twitter.com/WorldBollard/status/1462871651188674560

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe
The yanks *do* love a stop sign where a give way (okay "yield") would work a thousand times better though. One that sticks in my mind was way the gently caress out in the Mojave, to join a stretch of highway that runs dead straight for 8 miles in one direction and 2 in the other, and which (I counted) had 3 vehicles pass in 5 minutes.

Also the positioning of the stop line would (I think, I was on a bike so couldn't confirm) actually put the highway right in the A-pillar blind spot when you were stopped at it, for even more fun, although this is apparently because most of their stop lines are set considerably back from the actual junction because so many people sail through them *then* look.

Those of you following along at home by the way will be entirely unsurprised that the junction was one of the entrances to the Nevada Test Site and Area 51, but I bottled my original plan to go and look at the actual fence, 2 miles down the road and just turned round when I saw the first "We're going to shoot you" sign.

e: The road actually runs to where I really do all my posting from:

goddamnedtwisto fucked around with this message at 19:21 on Feb 2, 2022

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

the nerds-are-mad facility is actually my bedroom where my computer lives.

Small Strange Bird
Sep 22, 2006

Merci, chaton!
Being a Camo Dude at Groom Lake must be a hell of a boring job. "What do you do all day?" "Sit in a big SUV staring at a gate in the middle of a desert, and if anyone gets too close to it I drive down and tell them to go away." Or have they all been replaced with drones by now?

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

If you really want to play gun chicken with the yanks in a desolate wasteland then RAF Fylingdales is much closer.

It also has better google reviews too.

OwlFancier fucked around with this message at 19:39 on Feb 2, 2022

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe

Payndz posted:

Being a Camo Dude at Groom Lake must be a hell of a boring job. "What do you do all day?" "Sit in a big SUV staring at a gate in the middle of a desert, and if anyone gets too close to it I drive down and tell them to go away." Or have they all been replaced with drones by now?

Probably less boring than guarding, say, Nellis or Creech (the two non-:tinfoil: USAF bases in the area) because at least sometimes when the movement sensor goes off you get to go scare the poo poo out of a nerd rather than it just being another coyote.

Just Another Lurker
May 1, 2009

Pretty sure i never said a word to you. :confused:

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

https://twitter.com/Rachael_Swindon/status/1488947198662520837

feedmegin
Jul 30, 2008

Bug Squash posted:

I visited Cambridge a while ago and they had this exact set-up. So badly signposted and completely unexpected that I missed it and just drove through the buses only bit (luckily it wasn't enforced in any way).

Until you get the fine in the post. Cambridge is a bit notorious for that.

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

somehow that last av was even worse than your posting

Just Another Lurker posted:

Pretty sure i never said a word to you. :confused:

lol, It was supposed to be an example of what you were talking about. Not sure it works now I'm having to try and explain it, never mind

a pipe smoking dog
Jan 25, 2010

"haha, dogs can't smoke!"

Was Rachel Swindon the one where it turned out it was actually a dude pretending to be his ex-wife?

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

a pipe smoking dog posted:

Was Rachel Swindon the one where it turned out it was actually a dude pretending to be his ex-wife?

No

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

Fun Shoe

a pipe smoking dog posted:

That was the accusation made by the same jumper-wearing weirdos who said Harry Smith couldn't possibly be using Twitter either (but absolutely loved noted real person who definitely exists Margaret Cutting), yes.

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

It's made its way to the Guardian

quote:

In a statement a spokesperson said: “Royal Mail expects the highest standards of behaviour from our people at all times. We are taking this matter very seriously.”

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
I swear if they even touch a hair on sweet Ian's head I'll kick off

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

https://twitter.com/garystreeterSWD/status/1488920944949317646

I never expected Gary Streeter to take a stand like this. He's as Tory and slimy as they get.

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

fuctifino posted:

I never expected Gary Streeter to take a stand like this. He's as Tory and slimy as they get.

You have no way of knowing what kind of horse-trading is happening behind the scenes. He might have been offered a cabinet post or a timeshare option in an underage boy

Convex
Aug 19, 2010

Failed Imagineer posted:

You have no way of knowing what kind of horse-trading is happening behind the scenes. He might have been offered a cabinet post or a timeshare option in an underage boy

why would a tory be interested in sharing

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

https://twitter.com/MetroUK/status/1488893193143861248

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Things that aren't political: the second world war.

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

I bet 'the older generation' we have to celebrate and support will start at 60 or so

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

Fun Shoe

kecske posted:

I bet 'the older generation' we have to celebrate and support will start at 60 or so

Well they did fight in two world wars for our freedom, we should definitely be doing more for them like removing VAT on Jeremy Clarkson DVDs.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

It is nice to think nobody will dig up my corpse and use me as a sock puppet when I am dead.

I mean if you literally want to do that that's fine but metaphorically doing it to lend weight to your own terrible ideas would be annoying, if I weren't dead.

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

The road to Article 60 continues

https://twitter.com/Telegraph/status/1488972143949975553

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

I think one of my top annoyances at the moment is people who 'don't do politics,' who know gently caress all about it, refuse to learn and desperately want to go back to not having to know anything, but nevertheless feel the need to stick their loving oar in with their stunning ignorance.

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

Bobby Deluxe posted:

I think one of my top annoyances at the moment is people who 'don't do politics,' who know gently caress all about it, refuse to learn and desperately want to go back to not having to know anything, but nevertheless feel the need to stick their loving oar in with their stunning ignorance.

My mum used to say "I don't do politics", yet she used to volunteer as a poll clerk for the electoral commission, used to be a member of the local Conservative club, digested all the far right opinions over the decade and VOTED TORY IN EVERY ELECTION.

But she doesn't do politics, like....

Kokoro Wish
Jul 23, 2007

Post? What post? Oh wow.
I had nothing to do with THAT.
It's hilarious that politicians keep leaving all these little traps that rely on the PM going "Okay, I'll do that" and all Boris has to keep saying is "Hmmm... no, I don't think I will" or ignore them entirely. You have no formalized processes, you mugs, and your gentleman's agreement poo poo is a sham.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a pipe smoking dog
Jan 25, 2010

"haha, dogs can't smoke!"

goddamnedtwisto posted:

That was the accusation made by the same jumper-wearing weirdos who said Harry Smith couldn't possibly be using Twitter either (but absolutely loved noted real person who definitely exists Margaret Cutting), yes.

I think I must have been mixing that up with the wife guy who was his own wife