Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Human Tornada
Mar 4, 2005

I been wantin to see a honkey dance.

trickybiscuits posted:

When my brother was a grad student living in a shared house, he ended up handling the utilities payment. Someone else in the house was upset that people were keeping the light on in the hallway because it cost money. My brother figured out how much money it cost to keep the light on 24/7 every month and offered the person that amount. It was like twelve cents. That's what you get when you live with a computer science major!

Holy poo poo would I love to write someone a $0.12 spite check every month and act achingly sincere as I did it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

I've been tryin' to speak with you for a long time

hawowanlawow posted:

a yankee is basically someone who doesn't hold doors open and honks their horn in traffic

People in this thread keep confusing Yankees with Yankees fans.

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Cacator posted:

Would you mind sharing with the rest of the class?

Well, someone already shared it when I posted, or I would have. Wasn't clear, I suppose!

holtemon
May 2, 2019

Dancing is forbidden
Imagine being such an rear end in a top hat that 9,000 Redditors went out of their way to let you know you're an rear end in a top hat.

Just lol

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon

Invisible Clergy posted:

The Yankees won the war. They are the majority group. Yankee cannot be a slur for the same reasons Karen or White are not slurs. Good stuff.

I'll grant you yank and white, but I have seen Karen used as a clear analogue to the c-word, denigrating women for the crime of speaking in a man's presence or having self-esteem. Rarely, mind you, but rarely is still more frequent than the bad use cases of yankee or white as derogatory, which do not happen.

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012
Please do not share worst slur brackets

until next month

Cacator
Aug 6, 2005

You're quite good at turning me on.

Midnight Voyager posted:

Well, someone already shared it when I posted, or I would have. Wasn't clear, I suppose!

Understood. This thread moves so fast it gives me the gurglespurts.

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006

Human Tornada posted:

Holy poo poo would I love to write someone a $0.12 spite check every month and act achingly sincere as I did it.

https://apnews.com/article/4b0229a1c6f15c448ce32f6a547bf07f

Grape
Nov 16, 2017

Happily shilling for China!

Dik Hz posted:

Yankee is absolutely used derisively in the US south. But it’s a label of pride to Yankees, so nobody actually cares.

Northerners don't give a flying gently caress about Southerners still fighting the war, it isn't a badge of pride, it's nothing at all.
(except a baseball team).

Grape
Nov 16, 2017

Happily shilling for China!
Southerner: You think I've forgotten? Everything you did? Everything I lost? Men were men in that time, in that realm you destroyed forever, romance itself skewered on the pike of your northern brutality. Time has marched on, but you know even in your most private moments... that I will rise again.

Northerner: new phone who dis

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

StrangersInTheNight posted:

I've always just taken it to mean shorthand for 'you're not from here' in a derisive sense, like you are missing the local social cues obviously and it shows

And yeh the only people who will get angry about that are the sorts of people who take being what they consider 'native' to a place as being inherently superior over those who migrate. So, racists and nationalists.

If someone gets angry at Yank, they're telling on themselves lol

Imagine being told you're not from the South and taking that as anything but a compliment.

Evil Willow
Apr 26, 2007
Bored now...
AITA for writing in my private diary that I would choose to save my mom over my wife?

quote:

I know from this title I sound like a big AH but hear me out, please.

I (27M) and my wife (25F) were recently at a family gathering. So, we were playing truth or dare after dinner and it was my turn. I don't like doing dares so I chose truth.

So, my SIL (20F) asked me "If your mom and your wife were hanging off a cliff, and you can only save one who would you save and who would you let die?" This was an extremely tough question and I couldn't choose one. My mom (55F) was also in the room. So I answered "I'd do my best to try to save both of them''. And we laughed it off.

But after we got home I thought about the question a lot. What if I had to choose one and had no other choice? After thinking about it for some time I decided that I would save my mom. Because she was the one who gave me birth in the first place. I wrote it down in my private diary. I like to write down all significant things that happened in my private diary. It has a lock system so nobody can open it without the key.

But suddenly I got a phone call and I decided to take it. I kept my diary open on my desk because I was going to continue writing after. But my wife after finding my diary open read what I had written. She then got extremely pissed at me for writing that. I tried to explain. But she wouldn't hear me out and said, maybe I should have married my mom instead of marrying her. I got angry and asked her what would she do if it was me and her mom hanging off a cliff. But she didn't answer my question. She hasn't talked to me after that and making me feel like an AH. But I am also angry at her for invading my privacy and reading my private diary.

So, my question is AITA for writing in my private diary that I would choose to save my mom over my wife?

EDIT: For those wondering my wife knows what my private diary looks like. I don't think this scenario would ever happen and I am not saying I would kill my wife just to save my mom. Also, I don't have kids.

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

I'm a great fan! When I watch TV I'm always saying "That's political correctness gone mad!"
Why thankyew!

AITA for telling people exactly why my girlfriend wasn't at my brother's wedding?

quote:

i don't care if my family recognizes this, but using a throwaway because I don't want them following back to my regular account.

So first off, I'm a girl, and so is my GF of 4 years (obviously). We're both mid/late twenties, shared finances, live together, planning to marry and buy a house, etc. This is relevant later.

When my brother sent out wedding invites, only my name was on it. I asked Dan and he said that because of COVID, they were restricting numbers and no one was getting a +1. Fair enough, no problem.

Anyway, I get there on Saturday and everyone has a +1. Even my cousin who's only been casually seeing this guy for like a couple of weeks. It's obvious why. This isn't the first time GF's been treated differently, but it's the first time it's been blatant beyond plausible deniability. I'm furious, but I grit my teeth, smile, and get through the ceremony.

At the reception, my family immediate notices GF is missing and asks about her. I was going to say she was sick but then I decide you know what? gently caress it. I just said "She wasn't invited. Gee, I wonder why?" I wasn't shouting, but it was pretty clear I was bitter. Shortly after that, my brother and his new wife come storming over. She's sobbing and he's whisper-shouting threats at me so I left.

Now my immediate family isn't talking to me except to yell at me, and the rest of my family isn't talking to them except to yell at them. My mom insists it was a mix up/misunderstanding with the invites. My dad wants me to apologize because, even though though it was wrong to exclude her, it was their day and I shouldn't have made it about me by causing drama.

Dan and Maddy are being shunned by half the extended family, and the other half are split between being on their side or staying neutral. My mom thinks if I apologize and tell everyone it was a misunderstanding I can smooth it over, but I kinda don't wanna. AITA?

Get em

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What did you say the strategy was?

Mx. posted:

AITA for telling people exactly why my girlfriend wasn't at my brother's wedding?

Get em

Owned

Dik Hz
Feb 22, 2004

Fun with Science

Grape posted:

Northerners don't give a flying gently caress about Southerners still fighting the war, it isn't a badge of pride, it's nothing at all.
I dunno. Where I’m at in NC it’s more about describing the dipshit Ohioans and out-state New Yorkers that move down here and put confederate flags on everything. It’s not really the people that have been down here since the Civil War that do that poo poo.

Like everything else it’s the recent converts that proselytize the most.

bell jar
Feb 25, 2009

exmachina posted:

Call the dog Seppo instead

:hai:

Hughlander
May 11, 2005

AITA for speaking highly of my boyfriends exes when he tried to make me insecure by talking about them?

quote:

Another post here reminded me of a disagreement I had a few months ago. I'd said early on in my relationship with my boyfriend that I don't care to talk about past relationships or sexual partners, I understand everyone has a past but I don't care to get into detail.

And I felt like a few times he'd tell me about exes in a way to make me feel jealous or insecure in comparison. For example "subtly" mentioning they would do stuff in bed that I don't enjoy, a few days after I'd say no to something. Or comparing me unfavorably to them.

Anyway, I decided I wasn't going to let anyone make me feel less secure in myself.

So whenever my boyfriend would speak positively of them I'd speak even more highly. For example, when he'd mention an ex who had a thorough beauty treatment I'd say something like "Wow, she must be so smart to find the best things that work for her! All my friends who got really into skincare have such a good understanding of chemistry and biology, even though skincare is often looked down on for being girly. What did she study, again?"

"Oh, marketing? Wow, she must really understand people well, really know what makes people tick to do that! That's so impressive! Where's she work now? Oh, you don't keep in touch? That's a shame, I would have loved to meet her, she sounds so wonderful!

"Wait what, she wasn't a good person? But you always speak so highly of her! Well, everyone makes mistakes but I'm sure she's good at heart!"

This would of course irritate him because he felt that this ex of his wasn't a very good person and there were good reasons they broke up, and I was just gushing about how cool she was.

Another time, he mentioned having dated a wealthy girl in high school. He also mentioned another time how she joined the peace corps for a few years after college. And then whenever he'd bring her up again, I'd talk about how cool she sounded, how big of a leap of faith it must be to go from being in a very priveleged life to setting all luxuries aside to do good in the world.

And he started getting irritated with me saying that she cheated on him. And I said that they were young, people grow and change, and maybe he doesn't need to hold onto that much resentment about a girl he dated in his teens and early 20s.

Anyway after I stopped engaging in competition or resentment between women, he stopped bringing up other women in a way that seemed to be intended to foster competition.

I also felt better myself, I personally believe envy isn't a productive thing to engage in, you get much further in life by reframing it as admiration and respect.

But he was also angry that I spoke of his exes who he often had bad or upsetting breakups with in the way I'd speak of a dear friend who I admire. And I feel a little petty and passive aggressive for having done that.

AITA for speaking highly of my boyfriends exes?

:owned: Can't even neg right.

wheatpuppy
Apr 25, 2008

YOU HAVE MY POST!

Rescue Toaster posted:

I guess I would be somewhat pissed to discover after the fact that I'm ordering tapas or something. And I would suck it up and just not come back.

But, there is literally no way a 'big guy who likes to eat' buys a steak and doesn't check/ask about the size. I mean, 99.99% of steaks are sold by uncooked weight and/or with weight options at different prices right on the menu. He obviously has seen little 6oz fillets on menus before and would have known it was possible he was getting something like that and not a giant ribeye if the cut and size wasn't specified at all.

Given how shocked he was at an entree costing more than $12, I feel entirely confident in assuming Noki Guy had never before eaten at a restaurant without a drive-through.

Neito
Feb 18, 2009

😌Finally, an avatar the describes my love of tech❤️‍💻, my love of anime💖🎎, and why I'll never see a real girl 🙆‍♀️naked😭.

wheatpuppy posted:

Given how shocked he was at an entree costing more than $12, I feel entirely confident in assuming Noki Guy had never before eaten at a restaurant without a drive-through.

"$60 with tip and drinks, which is a ridiculous total for two people" legit makes me wonder if it's a troll.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Dik Hz posted:

I dunno. Where I’m at in NC it’s more about describing the dipshit Ohioans and out-state New Yorkers that move down here and put confederate flags on everything. It’s not really the people that have been down here since the Civil War that do that poo poo.

Like everything else it’s the recent converts that proselytize the most.

LOL, as if they need to move to the South to put up Confederate flags.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

We call everyone from the continental USA a 'yank'.

exmachina
Mar 12, 2006

Look Closer

Don't tell them.

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

AITA for walking out from a barbecue hosted by my boss' boss after I overheard him and his wife say some mean things about my nationality and faith?

quote:

I (M28) am an Indian guy who works in the US office of a large Indian IT company. Software Engineers from India try to supplement their incomes by going 'onsite' and working in US/UK/EU offices, plus it gives us better opportunities to network and further our career growth. I arrived in the US on an H1B visa 2 months ago, and I might stay here for up to 2 years.

My boss's boss held a barbecue at his place on Sunday. I am a Hindu and a vegetarian, so I made sure he knew in advance. I also asked if I should make my own food arrangements, and he replied that Sue (his wife) will take care of it. 'We have some vegan folks joining us' he said, and I said all right.

Sunday was a disaster, honestly. When I arrived, I could only see a ton of meat and a little bit of mashed potatoes, and a pasta salad that was all but finished. I did not arrive late - a lot of people turned up early, and nearly finished the only two things I could eat. The vegans were nowhere to be seen.

I grabbed a beer and socialized for some time when my boss met me and asked why I was not eating anything, and I told him what happened. 'That's Sue for you' he said with a sigh. Turns out she had made the same mistake before. And before I could stop him he walked into the home and asked her in a loud voice what she had prepared 'for the only vegetarian guy here'. She looked at me and said something that I could not hear. Then he walked back out into the yard and told me they were not expecting me as the vegan group canceled, and she thought I was one of them.

His boss, who by then had a few, tried to get me to eat a burger, and when I refused, he said 'don't be such an uptight idiot!' I tried to explain that Hindus don't consume beef, and besides, I am a vegetarian anyway, so I do not consume any meat products at all.

His wife then walked out and said 'well, there is nothing he can eat' and I said 'That's fine. I can eat something later'. She then asked 'who asked you to come anyway?' I replied that her husband said she would handle it. She then raised her voice and nearly yelled 'You are not listening to me! I just said there is nothing for you eat here!' And then she said something along the lines of 'these bloody Indians make our lives difficult every loving time' and then to me 'you should not have come here because we just slaughtered your holy loving cow' and pointed at the grill. Turns out she had a few too. A few people joined in the laughter, and I just smiled and walked out after wishing them a good day. My boss asked me to stop but I just said I would see him at work the next day, and walked out.

The next day at work, I was asked by my boss to apologize to his boss in writing for walking out after he had graciously invited me(his words not mine). I said I will apologize when he does, for his and his wife's behavior. Honestly, It did not matter that there was no food left for me, I would have had something to eat later. But their behavior was appalling and totally unwarranted. He said 'you better apologize soon, else he might make things difficult for you'. I refused, and stayed at home today. I am planning to take this up with HR, but a few people in the office are saying it was insulting to my boss that he has to ask me to apologize to his boss, and that I should apologize 'just to keep the peace'. Your thoughts please?

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

I'm a great fan! When I watch TV I'm always saying "That's political correctness gone mad!"
Why thankyew!

Tell him to come close so you can deliver your heartfelt apology and then give him the stone cold stunner

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

The mist that chills you keeps me warm.

therobit posted:

AITA for walking out from a barbecue hosted by my boss' boss after I overheard him and his wife say some mean things about my nationality and faith?

Introduce your boss and your boss's boss to Shiva.

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

AITA for telling my girlfriend she deserved to be laughed at in a party?

quote:

So my gf (27F) Sandra is really mad at me (27M) and I wonder if I'm being the rear end in a top hat.

Last weekend me and my gf went to a party. the host Jake has been my friend since we were kids. Jake's a smart dude and he got a full ride to an ivy league for college and grad school. He mainly hangs out with those people now. I don't mind because he's really down to earth and his friends which are more casual acquaintances to us seem really nice.

anyways at the party some of them were having a conversation about ancient literature and mythology and stuff. Jake's friend Martha was a classical expert and she had a phd and stuff and everyone else there had some graduate level knowledge so what they said went way over my head. they were debating what was the best translation and poo poo and literally translating latin on the spot.

Sandra butted in and corrected Martha and said that Martha was totally wrong. I thought everyone was pretty open to my gf especially since we werent part of the original conversation but my gf said they were instantly cold to her.

Martha asked Sandra what she meant pretty nicely and Sandra repeated it again.

Martha asked her source and Sandra said it was a book she read. Someone asked her if it was X book and she said yeah. Someone else then asked Sandra if she had read the ancient stuff they were talking about and Sandra had to admit she hadn't.

That's when it went downhill. They basically said the book was basically a modern young adult novel meant for teens and they were discussing the ancient text. Sandra said that just because it was new doesn't mean it's not right and Martha was wrong. Martha said it didn't have the same value and Sandra said it did. Then someone else said that they'll source Percy Jackson in their classical research paper. Everyone laughed and my gf pulled me away and we went home early.

She wanted me to never hang out with Jake or his friends again and I said that she deserved to be laughed at since she was being condescending when she didn't know her poo poo.

She's giving me the silent treatment now. So reddit AITA?

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

The more you kick against the pricks, the more you suffer.

Grape posted:

Please accept one glorious exception.

quote:

Virginia has asked for return of the flag for more than 100 years — and each time Minnesota has refused to return the hard-won symbol of victory. A president demanded return of Confederate flags, Congress passed a resolution ordering return of the flags, Virginians even threatened suit to get their flag back. And the answer has been the same: No.

In 1961, Virginia asked for the flag back to commemorate the 100th anniversary of the Civil War, according to a Roanoke Times article. Minnesota said no.

In 1998, Virginia Civil War re-enactors asked for the flag and eventually threatened legal action. A Minnesota historian said: “Blood has been shed for that flag. . Who are we to return it?” And Minnesota Attorney General Hubert Humphrey III said that despite a 1905 order that Civil War relics be returned, Virginia had no right to it.

In 2000, when Virginia legislators requested the Southern Cross flag once again, Gov. Jesse Ventura said: “Why? We won. … We took it. That makes it our heritage.”

In 2002, the U.S. Army’s chief of military history even decided the wool flag should be housed in a Virginia military history museum. But the flag remained in Minnesota.

In 2003, Virginia officials — including Democratic Gov. Mark Warner —  demanded the flag . Gov. Tim Pawlenty said in response: “They’re not getting it. … We believe it’s rightfully ours, and we’re not giving it back to Virginia.”

A decade later — and 150 years after 80 percent of the First Minnesota Regiment died or was wounded at Gettysburg — Virginia’s governor asked to borrow the flag, Gov. Mark Dayton said. Again, the same refrain came from Minnesota.

dog nougat
Apr 8, 2009

Absurd Alhazred posted:

LOL, as if they need to move to the South to put up Confederate flags.

Yeah, drat near the entirety of rural PA would like to have a word you about that. Johnstown, PA is like the confederate flag capitol of the world.

Motronic
Nov 6, 2009

dog nougat posted:

Yeah, drat near the entirety of rural PA would like to have a word you about that. Johnstown, PA is like the confederate flag capitol of the world.

Those of us in the other parts of PA refer to those areas as pennsyltucky. And I feel bad about painting Kentucky that way based on what I've experienced of those parts of PA.

DeeplyConcerned
Apr 29, 2008

I can fit 3 whole bud light cans now, ask me how!

jazzyhattrick posted:

I'm not sure you can plan for the eventuality that your food would come out literally smelling of poo poo, unless she's outright making poo poo up about the waiter's reaction.

Were it me I would get the gently caress out of that restaurant, rather than ordering pork from a place that has already served me one dish containing rotten meat.

Regardless, the time to ask for free food as compensation was before placing the new order, not when the bill arrives.

yeah I was thinking the same thing. especially after the waiter's reaction of oh geez - here we go again. more dissatisfied poop mussel customers.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Batterypowered7 posted:

Introduce your boss and your boss's boss to Shiva.

Boss and Boss's Boss dangling over a river as they receive this employees formal notice that they have betrayed Shiva

DeeplyConcerned
Apr 29, 2008

I can fit 3 whole bud light cans now, ask me how!

Whorelord posted:

I called a Southerner a Yank once jokingly and they threatened to lynch me.

Traditional southern hospitality I guess?

You misheard the idiom, its actually Southern Hostility

Invisible Clergy
Sep 25, 2015

"Behold, I will corrupt your seed, and spread dung upon your faces"

Malachi 2:3

Neito posted:

"$60 with tip and drinks, which is a ridiculous total for two people" legit makes me wonder if it's a troll.

While it's acknowledged that most of these are fake just speaking in general, there is nothing especially unrealistic about this aspect of the story. Clearly OP eats most of his meals at McDonald's (though his expectations to both pay pennies so he can eat food made of styrofoam and also "have enough to fill [him] up and provide leftovers for the next day" is simply impossible for a character with a large appetite like he has. The only restaurant I can think of that routinely provides entrees that are impossible to finish is the Cheesecake factory, which is famous for this, and they're not exactly cheap.

wheatpuppy
Apr 25, 2008

YOU HAVE MY POST!

Invisible Clergy posted:

While it's acknowledged that most of these are fake just speaking in general, there is nothing especially unrealistic about this aspect of the story. Clearly OP eats most of his meals at McDonald's (though his expectations to both pay pennies so he can eat food made of styrofoam and also "have enough to fill [him] up and provide leftovers for the next day" is simply impossible for a character with a large appetite like he has. The only restaurant I can think of that routinely provides entrees that are impossible to finish is the Cheesecake factory, which is famous for this, and they're not exactly cheap.

My brother used to work for a hotel that had a Cheesecake Factory next door. He said all the local panhandlers would hang out there at certain times of the day to catch the tourists coming out with their doggie bags and realizing they had no way to store all this food in a hotel room. You could eat like a king if you didn't mind that it was someone else's discarded leftovers.

Mind you, this hotel was a staging spot for a cruise ship line, and part of the regular housekeeping equipment was haz-mat suits for cleaning the noro-virus contaminated bathrooms. So those tourists were possibly plague carriers.

Uncle Enzo
Apr 28, 2008

I always wanted to be a Wizard

therobit posted:

Who are these uncultured swine? There's high school dropout rednecks in the middle of nowhere with more cultural sensitivity. "You don't eat meat? That's all right, I'll make up some corn on the cob and fried okra for you"

dog nougat
Apr 8, 2009

Motronic posted:

Those of us in the other parts of PA refer to those areas as pennsyltucky. And I feel bad about painting Kentucky that way based on what I've experienced of those parts of PA.

Having grown up in rural PA and having unfortunately spent time in Kentucky and the Midwest they're really all just the same ranch (dressing) drenched hellscape.

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

Motronic posted:

I believe James Carville said that Pennsylvania is “Philadelphia, Pittsburgh, and Alabama in between.”

dog nougat
Apr 8, 2009

Uncle Enzo posted:

Who are these uncultured swine? There's high school dropout rednecks in the middle of nowhere with more cultural sensitivity. "You don't eat meat? That's all right, I'll make up some corn on the cob and fried okra for you"

They're bougie redneck-wannabes whose entire identity is predicated on eating too much meat and probably being rascist af.

Invisible Clergy
Sep 25, 2015

"Behold, I will corrupt your seed, and spread dung upon your faces"

Malachi 2:3

Uncle Enzo posted:

They're chuds. Unfortunately, they're not exactly rare. In an interview, avowed hunter and carnivore Ted Nugent was discussing entertaining at one of his houses and mentioned in passing that one of the people he often has over to bro out with is a vegetarian so he makes sure to have "a big-rear end salad and a shitload of veggies" on hand to make sure he feels welcome, and other people also enjoy having sides. These guys are worse people than Ted Nugent, which is an impressive achievement.

Setting that aside, what kind of white American racist even thinks about Hindus, much less has a hardon against them specifically? They make up a little less than 1% of the population. It's possible and likely for most people to live their whole lives without even meeting one. How could they possibly be inconveniencing him in any way? Terrible. Hope OP wins his hr suit.

dog nougat posted:

Having grown up in rural PA and having unfortunately spent time in Kentucky and the Midwest they're really all just the same ranch (dressing) drenched hellscape.

Yeah, any two given points in flyoverland are more alike than they are different.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

Why thankyew!

AITA for telling my parents about my sisters surgery?

quote:

My 20M sister 23F sister is child free she’s been pushing for a hysterectomy ever since she turned 18 and she finally got approved for it.

She asked me if I could drive her back home after the surgery because her girlfriend won’t be available. I agreed to drive her and asked if she had told our parents about the surgery.

She told me she doesn’t want them to know because they already hate and push back on her decision to not have kids. So she doesn’t want the extra stress of having to deal with them.

I feel like they should know it’s a major surgery that she doesn’t even need and they should at least have a heads up about it. After I left it kept eating at me and after a few days I caved and told my mom about it. She seemed to take it well and I didn’t think there would be any problems.

My sister called me yesterday furious and told me she would be getting a ride back from someone that actually respects her decisions. Apparently our parents showed up to her apartment to try to get her to change her mind and wouldn’t leave until she threatened to cut contact with them.

I think she’s over reacting about this and my parents just care for her health. My sister is not talking to me now and my girlfriend and friends think I was a huge rear end. AITA for telling my parents about my sisters surgery?

quote:

She’s in a long term relationship with a woman there’s literally no chance of her getting accidentally knocked up. So I don’t see why she needs it done.

Stellar mind here on Dr Dipshit