Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.

mystes posted:

Lol at what stuff round-ice-maker-freezer users apparently have in their freezer according to whatever marketing person made that

(Ok I guess it's multiple shelves or something so they might have real food as well but still)

That's literally what my dad's freezer was like during the last couple of months of his life as ice cream and profiteroles was all he could basically stomach to eat.

Or all he wanted to eat as he was like "gently caress it imma just eat fun food"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mystes
May 31, 2006

CyberPingu posted:

That's literally what my dad's freezer was like during the last couple of months of his life as ice cream and profiteroles was all he could basically stomach to eat.

Or all he wanted to eat as he was like "gently caress it imma just eat fun food"
I guess that kind of makes sense

Anyway I can't help but feel like the reason they came up with it was that someone at LG was like "What part breaks most often on refrigerators? Oh, the ice maker? (strokes mustache)"

Still if I had it I would absolutely use it

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

At least there is a normal cube/crushed ice in the door. The round ones are extra. For parties it is nice because you can tell the fridge that you need tons of ice and it will fill the bucket as much as possible until you tell it to stop.

Also, the ice doesn't come out perfectly clear and round, lol

ice tiddy

Catatron Prime
Aug 23, 2010

IT ME

Toilet Rascal

:nice:

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

You couldn't grok my race car, but you dug the roadside blur.
Coast is a flashlight brand I like so I tolerate their marketing emails.

One got me though, I ended up spending 50bux on 6 flashlights after a 25% coupon I got from my last order. 2 headlamps, a small clip light, 2 flashlights on pivoting clips, and a free COAST Crew Polysteel 400 Magnet because I spent more than 50.

Who Is Paul Blart
Oct 22, 2010
This tool box except I replaced the casters with 4 swiveling ones

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

I bought a pizza steel for my toaster oven because I wanted a cooking sheet without a lip and that doesn't seem to really exist. Apparently it did at one point but isn't presently being offered. It better make my chicken tenders nice and crisp!

Argyle
Jun 7, 2001

Duck and Cover posted:

I bought a pizza steel for my toaster oven because I wanted a cooking sheet without a lip and that doesn't seem to really exist. Apparently it did at one point but isn't presently being offered. It better make my chicken tenders nice and crisp!

I've never heard of a pizza steel small enough to fit in a toaster oven! Or, for that matter, a toaster oven big enough for a pizza steel.

Just make sure to preheat it properly. Pizza steels are thicc and take a long time to come up to temp. Mine takes a good 45-60 minutes in my oven.

As far as rimless cookie sheets go, I've definitely seen some toaster-oven-sized ones out there. Most of them have a slight lip on one side for grabbing, I don't think I've ever seen a completely flat one before.

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

Just placed an order for a new daily. Really looking forward to this.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day
^"that's praxis" - said in the most condescending way possible

Fayez Butts
Aug 24, 2006

Do they have good interiors yet?

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

I'm not a fascist. I'm a priest. Fascists dress up in black and tell people what to do.
Some birch firewood, 1.5 cubic meter sack. All outta my own and everything is covered in a meter of snow so I'm not gonna even bother cutting and splitting more of my own stuff.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

His Divine Shadow posted:

Some birch firewood, 1.5 cubic meter sack. All outta my own and everything is covered in a meter of snow so I'm not gonna even bother cutting and splitting more of my own stuff.

How are you going to carry that into the shed?

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

I'm not a fascist. I'm a priest. Fascists dress up in black and tell people what to do.
It'll come on a trailer, just roll it in through the door.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

You people got me hosed up with all this synth/sequencer/PO chat...I've been down this rabbit hole now for weeks trying to decide if I really need to attempt making music, and if I need to buy an MPC One or something insane to do it...anyway, I settled on this little guy to satisfy my curiosity for a while:

just ordered so don't have it yet, but been watching vids on it and I think it's going to be great fun for me and the kids.

Warbird
May 23, 2012

America's Favorite Dumbass

I’m really glad I just bought that iOS app for $5 and used it like twice. Way cheaper to get it out of my system than a physical doohickey.

mystes
May 31, 2006

Just get a yak bak IMO

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"

Warbird posted:

I’m really glad I just bought that iOS app for $5 and used it like twice. Way cheaper to get it out of my system than a physical doohickey.

Which app is that?

Warbird
May 23, 2012

Coffee And Pie posted:

Which app is that?

Koala. It’s pretty neat and I don’t have any complaints with it. I just don’t have the inclination for this sort of thing.

Loki Kunti
Mar 31, 2010

Argyle posted:

Just make sure to preheat it properly. Pizza steels are thicc and take a long time to come up to temp. Mine takes a good 45-60 minutes in my oven.

That can not be true (except when the whole oven needs this time for heating up). I am much too lazy to do the math, but it will not take 45 min for steel in a hot oven to come to an approximate equilibrium temperature with the oven temperature.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh

His Divine Shadow posted:

It'll come on a trailer, just roll it in through the door.

My house when it was built in the 1940s had something called a "coal hole" which is now a utility room - they would open up the hatch outside and then pour the coal directly in to your house. They did at least recognise that this was a fire risk so all the door frames downstairs are metal and the upstairs bathroom(!) is directly over it instead of a bedroom.

CatBlack
Sep 10, 2011

hello world

LifeSunDeath posted:

You people got me hosed up with all this synth/sequencer/PO chat...I've been down this rabbit hole now for weeks trying to decide if I really need to attempt making music, and if I need to buy an MPC One or something insane to do it...anyway, I settled on this little guy to satisfy my curiosity for a while:

just ordered so don't have it yet, but been watching vids on it and I think it's going to be great fun for me and the kids.

Everyone should get a pocket operator. I don't have the speak myself but any of the sampling ones should provide you with just about infinite entertainment.

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

A bunch more records because I have a problem.

There's actually a Pizzicato Five 7" box set that was released some time back and as much as I want it, ¥27,500 is a heckova lot of money for a bunch of 7" records, which are kinda annoying unless you're stacking them on a changer, and who does that these days. Just do some regular resissues, Columbia Japan. Cus I really love me some P5. I think I still have their US release CDs I bought in the actual 90s.

OniPanda
May 13, 2004

OH GOD BEAR

Yeah, and you don't really need to do anything complicated with it. It's fun just to make noises come out. I should get a sampler one so I can sample my cat :3:

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.
A new office chair:
Branch Ergonomic Chair:

The "budget" pick from Wire Cutter (who I am slightly more leery of now that they're owned by NYT, but it is what it is.)

I know there was lots of recent chair talk in the Recommend a Product thread, but I really cannot justify throwing down $1000 on a chair when I WFH at most 2/week currently.

Skrill.exe
Oct 3, 2007

"Bitcoin is a new financial concept entirely without precedent."

learnincurve posted:

My house when it was built in the 1940s had something called a "coal hole" which is now a utility room - they would open up the hatch outside and then pour the coal directly in to your house. They did at least recognise that this was a fire risk so all the door frames downstairs are metal and the upstairs bathroom(!) is directly over it instead of a bedroom.

Just sitting around waiting for a guy to come by and fill my coal hole.

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

I'm accidentally a suicide bomber!

Skrill.exe posted:

Just sitting around waiting for a guy to come by and fill my coal hole.

You gotta pay the troll toll, if you want to get into my coal hole

Dicty Bojangles
Apr 14, 2001

Anthrasex, it’s pretty hot but wrecks your lungs.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.
i got some prints for my birthday. i bought one. got another 2 as gifts.

TW for medical poo poo/blood/gore.

third one is getting a frame today and i am thinking of a couple more prints.

also i bought some books and games.

war of rights is loving fun and basically battlefield 1862. also new dying light 2.

Warbird
May 23, 2012

Is that Ciaphas? I can never tell.

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

Cutest tumor in all of Oncology!
I believe it is because all of the other famous commissars were either serving over a cadian regiment or just generic guardsman but those are valhallans.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

Warbird posted:

Is that Ciaphas? I can never tell.

yes it is. its a very good print. got a smaller skitarri one too.

Joburg
May 19, 2013

Fun Shoe
Freezer full o’pork. I bought a full hog from a local farmer, so that plus the remaining meat from the half a cow I bought in September means my freezer is so full that I couldn’t fit all the pork bones and I have to make stock RIGHT NOW. My house smells delicious.

SpartanIvy
May 18, 2007
Hair Elf

Joburg posted:

Freezer full o’pork. I bought a full hog from a local farmer, so that plus the remaining meat from the half a cow I bought in September means my freezer is so full that I couldn’t fit all the pork bones and I have to make stock RIGHT NOW. My house smells delicious.

Is that in some kind of mega-crockpot?

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?
Crocklots

Joburg
May 19, 2013

Fun Shoe
It’s a 16 quart roaster oven. I wish I had more than one.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
I'm assuming American?

What you need is to borrow a pressure canner, you can do it in batches in an ordinary pressure cooker stovetop or electric but the big beasts = 4 hours of boiling for 20 mins high pressure.

Joburg
May 19, 2013

Fun Shoe
Yeah, American.

I have a big ol pressure canner and I’ll can it up after a couple of days in the roaster. I prefer the slow method for making broth and stock. It’ll be so good!

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

Ok so I got my pocket operator today and I gotta say, it's fun as hell.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fools Infinite
Mar 21, 2006
Journeyman
bathtub_full_of_brains.jpg