Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

fatherboxx posted:

He doesnt look a thing like Jesus

But he taps like a gentleman

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS

Framboise posted:

Show me the miku card wotc

Compleated 👏 Hatsune 👏 Miku 👏 now, 👏 WOTC 👏

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Pablo Nergigante posted:

But he taps like a gentleman

A reconfigure -man.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

:woop:

Nighthand
Nov 4, 2009

what horror the gas

Eej posted:

Compleated 👏 Hatsune 👏 Miku 👏 now, 👏 WOTC 👏

So, Calne Ca

Tom Clancy is Dead
Jul 13, 2011

Time
Aug 1, 2011

It Was All A Dream

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
it's one of those cards that removes all copies of a card from your opponent's deck, except it has to be in the graveyard instead of naming it + you can play the card you remove

Thranguy
Apr 21, 2010

Deceitful and black-hearted, perhaps we are. But we would never go against the Code. Well, perhaps for good reasons. But mostly never.
https://mobile.twitter.com/Wizards/status/1488982652057124868

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

My plan to switch to dimir for this set is proving better and better

Fantastic Foreskin
Jan 6, 2013

A golden helix streaked skyward from the Helvault. A thunderous explosion shattered the silver monolith and Avacyn emerged, free from her prison at last.

I'm sure its easier to read in the normal textbox, and the effect itself isn't too complicated, but thats some ice age level wall of text.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS

Nighthand posted:

So, Calne Ca

I forgot she existed but yes

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

If your card requires a paragraph of text and it’s not a pushed constructed staple throw that poo poo back in the ocean imo

uggy
Aug 6, 2006

Posting is SERIOUS BUSINESS
and I am completely joyless

Don't make me judge you

fadam posted:

If your card requires a paragraph of text and it’s not a pushed constructed staple throw that poo poo back in the ocean imo

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

etb extirpate and you can play it

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

The vehicle deck isnt real but that cards gonna be a cool against the odds or similar

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

I simply read the card and understood it perfectly

Time
Aug 1, 2011

It Was All A Dream
When is wotc going to cater to me, the lazy non-reader

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Black summer was the best summer.
The card couldn't fit another sentence without dropping the font size lmao.

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

Antillie posted:

Other than the swords to plowshares (which are 4th edition prints) those are the exact cards I've got in my old deck, art and all.

Also thank you to Captain Invictus and Mezzanon for pointing out that my old cards might be worth something. My collection is very disproportionally uncommons and rares. I've gone through like 30 of them and found over $1000 so far.

congrats on your new vacation home in the Bahamas

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Black summer was the best summer.

Antillie posted:

Other than the swords to plowshares (which are 4th edition prints) those are the exact cards I've got in my old deck, art and all.

Also thank you to Captain Invictus and Mezzanon for pointing out that my old cards might be worth something. My collection is very disproportionally uncommons and rares. I've gone through like 30 of them and found over $1000 so far.

There is this card called... Force of will I think? its got this really cool art and it was just an uncommon, if you have any of those I can send you my address.

The Human Crouton
Sep 20, 2002

Nice custom card, Tom Clancy is Dead.

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

quote:

“I am extremely proud of our team and the great successes we’ve had across our Wizards of the Coast and digital gaming business over the last five years, and also of the IP we’ve created to attract top talent in our space,” Mr. Cocks continued. “As I transition into my new role as CEO of Hasbro later this month,

lol

Sit on my Jace
Sep 9, 2016

It's terribly juvenile and the lowest-hanging of fruit but I will always get a chuckle out of "Mr. Cocks."

YggdrasilTM
Nov 7, 2011

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
Dang touch the spirit realm rules.

mikeraskol
May 3, 2006

Oh yeah. I was killing you.

These are very fun cards.

Waffleopolis
Apr 24, 2005

It's time....for the MAIN event!

Got a question about the ruling when it comes to Mindlink Mech. Let's say I have this set up:

* My field has 5 lands and a Scute Swarm
* I play Mindlink Mech
* Tap Scute to crew it, thus making Mindlink Mech a 4/3 Scute Swarm
* I play my 6th land

Would I get a permanent 4/3 scute swarm token? It's a big of a set up to accomplish so not worth it, just wondering how this interaction would go,

Fantastic Foreskin
Jan 6, 2013

A golden helix streaked skyward from the Helvault. A thunderous explosion shattered the silver monolith and Avacyn emerged, free from her prison at last.

Waffleopolis posted:

Got a question about the ruling when it comes to Mindlink Mech. Let's say I have this set up:

* My field has 5 lands and a Scute Swarm
* I play Mindlink Mech
* Tap Scute to crew it, thus making Mindlink Mech a 4/3 Scute Swarm
* I play my 6th land

Would I get a permanent 4/3 scute swarm token? It's a big of a set up to accomplish so not worth it, just wondering how this interaction would go,

Yes.

707.3. The copy’s copiable values become the copied information, as modified by the copy’s status (see rule 110.5). Objects that copy the object will use the new copiable values.

Example: Vesuvan Doppelganger reads, “You may have Vesuvan Doppelganger enter the battlefield as a copy of any creature on the battlefield, except it doesn’t copy that creature’s color and it gains ‘At the beginning of your upkeep, you may have this creature become a copy of target creature, except it doesn’t copy that creature’s color. If you do, this creature gains this ability.’” A Vesuvan Doppelganger enters the battlefield as a copy of Runeclaw Bear (a 2/2 green Bear creature with no abilities). Then a Clone enters the battlefield as a copy of the Doppelganger. The Clone is a 2/2 blue Bear named Runeclaw Bear that has the Doppelganger’s upkeep-triggered ability.

E:vvvv typically the answer to "does x thing get copied" is no. I was about to answer it wrong until I saw there was a specific example for just this scenario in the rules.

Fantastic Foreskin fucked around with this message at 01:38 on Feb 3, 2022

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Both of these rule, first one because it's great, second one because the alt art is a goddamn Inazuma Kick

Fantastic Foreskin posted:

Yes.

707.3. The copy’s copiable values become the copied information, as modified by the copy’s status (see rule 110.5). Objects that copy the object will use the new copiable values.

Example: Vesuvan Doppelganger reads, “You may have Vesuvan Doppelganger enter the battlefield as a copy of any creature on the battlefield, except it doesn’t copy that creature’s color and it gains ‘At the beginning of your upkeep, you may have this creature become a copy of target creature, except it doesn’t copy that creature’s color. If you do, this creature gains this ability.’” A Vesuvan Doppelganger enters the battlefield as a copy of Runeclaw Bear (a 2/2 green Bear creature with no abilities). Then a Clone enters the battlefield as a copy of the Doppelganger. The Clone is a 2/2 blue Bear named Runeclaw Bear that has the Doppelganger’s upkeep-triggered ability.
oh is that all

Edit: curse your edit :argh:

Captain Invictus fucked around with this message at 01:38 on Feb 3, 2022

Strong Sauce
Jul 2, 2003

You know I am not really your father.

mikeraskol
May 3, 2006

Oh yeah. I was killing you.
Note that the translation on Thundering Raiju is incorrect I think. It doesn't count itself, so you can't drop the 1/1 counter on it and have that count.

The Nastier Nate
May 22, 2005

All aboard the corona bus!

HONK! HONK!

Yams Fan
is it just me or does this set seem to have the highest average words written per card

i dont think ive seen a single vanilla creature

Fantastic Foreskin
Jan 6, 2013

The Nastier Nate posted:

is it just me or does this set seem to have the highest average words written per card

i dont think ive seen a single vanilla creature

There hasn't been a vanilla since strixhaven, which had 2, kaldheim only had 1.

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

Okay hear me out: a secret lair with Olivia, crimson bride, Sorin the mirthless, and tolovar, dire overlord

Twilight: The Gathering

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
I want to make mroe than one deck for that set jeez.

Gynovore
Jun 17, 2009

Forget your RoboCoX or your StickyCoX or your EvilCoX, MY CoX has Blinking Bewbs!

WHY IS THIS GAME DEAD?!

Ewwwww, she's from Microsoft. Let's see how Wizards enjoys stack ranking.

Strong Sauce
Jul 2, 2003

You know I am not really your father.

Gynovore posted:

Ewwwww, she's from Microsoft. Let's see how Wizards enjoys stack ranking.

they ended stack ranking 8+ years ago

meanolmrcloud
Apr 5, 2004

rock out with your stock out

We still haven’t seen the duals? Or are the channel lands the marquee lands of the set?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

meanolmrcloud posted:

We still haven’t seen the duals? Or are the channel lands the marquee lands of the set?

Walking Skyscraper is 263 and the first Plains is 283, so there's a little bit of space but not much with 8 lands spoiled already in that range (5 channel lands, secluded courtyard, mech hanger and roadside reliquary). if there's nothing super buzzy we probably just see reprinted cipt dual lands with some minor upside at uncommon for draft.