Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
https://twitter.com/KAIRI_official/status/1488895145130950657

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

:)

Neurotic Roleplay
May 20, 2005

i like her huge elbow drop

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

I'm not interested in constructive criticism, believe me.
getting more and more tempted to put effort into watching stardom, been thinking about it for a while

Power Windows
Dec 29, 2004

Brasky used to ride upon a steed, perchance to spy a lady.

bebaloorpabopalo posted:

getting more and more tempted to put effort into watching stardom, been thinking about it for a while

STARDOM is cool and good as long as you never tweet about it.

CombineThresher
Apr 10, 2006

GIT R DONNE

I saw Keith Lee at a couple of EVOLVE shows and he is indeed huge and extremely agile. I don't really care how or what he tweets.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

bebaloorpabopalo posted:

There's elements of Stardom's presentation that are a bit on the "appealing to the horniest part of women's wrestling fans that you really wish didn't exist" side but the wrestling is really good. Giulia is an obvious natural star, Utami Hayashishita carriers herself like a champion, Syuri is just this immense talent, Prominence have arrived & Suzu vs Giulia is going to loving rule so much, there's a case to be made that Stardom are now the #3 promotion in Japan after New Japan & Dragongate as far as drawing goes.

If you're going to start watching I'd really recommend starting at the 29th December 2021 show Dream Queendom, the main event World of Stardom Title match between Hayashishita & Syuri was a top 10 match of the year for me, others are even higher on it than me, it's currently got a Cagematch rating of 9.41. Top 5 matches are all really worth the time.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost

CombineThresher posted:

I saw Keith Lee at a couple of EVOLVE shows and he is indeed huge and extremely agile. I don't really care how or what he tweets.

This

Imagine judging and policing tweet quality or whatever

lol

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

I'm not interested in constructive criticism, believe me.

forkboy84 posted:

There's elements of Stardom's presentation that are a bit on the "appealing to the horniest

jokes on u that's me

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

long-rear end nips Diane posted:

Keith Lee spirit bombing Roman Reigns through the mat should've made him a star but WWE had to WWE

How does that get Roman over though?

neoaxd
Nov 13, 2004

Elephant Ambush posted:

This

Imagine judging and policing tweet quality or whatever

lol

I only care about them if it gives me a reason to laugh. He can be the most amazing wrestler ever and I can love his matches but i'll still yell "Get that nerd off my tv!!!"

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

CombineThresher posted:

I agree with this but only under the condition that I can care if he tweets antivax or other conspiracy bullshit

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

forkboy84 posted:

There's elements of Stardom's presentation that are a bit on the "appealing to the horniest part of women's wrestling fans that you really wish didn't exist" side but the wrestling is really good. Giulia is an obvious natural star, Utami Hayashishita carriers herself like a champion, Syuri is just this immense talent, Prominence have arrived & Suzu vs Giulia is going to loving rule so much, there's a case to be made that Stardom are now the #3 promotion in Japan after New Japan & Dragongate as far as drawing goes.

If you're going to start watching I'd really recommend starting at the 29th December 2021 show Dream Queendom, the main event World of Stardom Title match between Hayashishita & Syuri was a top 10 match of the year for me, others are even higher on it than me, it's currently got a Cagematch rating of 9.41. Top 5 matches are all really worth the time.

I really wish it was part of a package deal with New Japan World :sigh:

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

The_Rob posted:

And then once this happens the world will improve. No one will believe dumb things anymore and people will have actual material things to help them in life.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

way to disprove The_Robs point here for probating him for 24 hours lol,

Tampa Bae
Aug 23, 2021

Please, this is all I have

Jerusalem posted:

I really wish it was part of a package deal with New Japan World :sigh:
Why charge for one service when you've already got fans that were buying both?

Really tho they should combine and I'd probably buy it. I'm getting stingy on streaming services because there's just so many of them now and there's only 1 thing to watch on them

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Tampa Bae posted:

Really tho they should combine and I'd probably buy it. I'm getting stingy on streaming services because there's just so many of them now and there's only 1 thing to watch on them

Same, I'm already paying for two wrestling streaming services and I get a lot of value out of both, but I'm not about to add a third just for a single promotion.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

I'm only paying for SamuraiTV now and I mostly use it for background viewing and Stardom PPVs

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Tampa Bae posted:

They absolutely should consolidate them but TV Asahi are part owners of NJPW World & Stardom World is partly owned by, IIRC, NTV. So it's just not happening. Yes, this absolutely sucks, and I would prefer it if it was packed in with NJPW World but it's like wishing for all the TV streaming services to consolidate.

That said, if you don't have it in your budget there's a free weekly 30 minute video on their Youtube which gives Clipped matches.

Or you can just Google shows and someone will have uploaded them to BiliBili or VK or the like. Or Bing them, found that is sometimes better for finding legally questionable videos of wrestling. That's what I did before I was confident that I'd get value from Stardom World, that I'd enjoy the product

forkboy84 fucked around with this message at 02:15 on Feb 3, 2022

Tweak
Jul 28, 2003

or dont whatever

what are we doing here

edit: no what am i doing here? this isnt the thread i thought it was!

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Tweak posted:

what are we doing here

edit: no what am i doing here? this isnt the thread i thought it was!

There are no Hulkamaniacs here!

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
https://twitter.com/mrbriankendrick/status/1489056637348372488
https://twitter.com/mrbriankendrick/status/1489056747583008773

Ż\_(ツ)_/Ż

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

what that guy say

Tampa Bae
Aug 23, 2021

Please, this is all I have

forkboy84 posted:

They absolutely should consolidate them but TV Asahi are part owners of NJPW World & Stardom World is partly owned by, IIRC, NTV. So it's just not happening. Yes, this absolutely sucks, and I would prefer it if it was packed in with NJPW World but it's like wishing for all the TV streaming services to consolidate.

That said, if you don't have it in your budget there's a free weekly 30 minute video on their Youtube which gives Clipped matches.

Or you can just Google shows and someone will have uploaded them to BiliBili or VK or the like. Or Bing them, found that is sometimes better for finding legally questionable videos of wrestling. That's what I did before I was confident that I'd get value from Stardom World, that I'd enjoy the product
Not really a budget problem, just a principal thing. Too many streaming services dilute the market and then you get a tenth of the content for the same price until you're literally paying the cost of cable TV again.

Wrestle Universe is the best bang for your buck with NOAH, DDT, TJPW, Ganbare Pro and a Ganbare Joshi promotion + they're putting some GCW on there. I hope other promotions start partnering up because there's just so much variety in that package even if they're all owned by the same company

Bizarro Kanyon
Jan 3, 2007

Something Awful, so easy even a spaceman can do it!

Probably one of the better apologies for this poo poo.

He does not sugar coat it and he does not do the BS “sorry if you were offended”

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

Bizarro Kanyon posted:

Probably one of the better apologies for this poo poo.

He does not sugar coat it and he does not do the BS “sorry if you were offended”

when part of what you're apologizing for is holocaust denial you can't really go for that

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Cavauro posted:

what that guy say

Holocaust denial

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

I don't get the "these beliefs were not mine" bit. Was he tricked? Did he not know what he was saying? Or was he just asking questions?

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

Shard posted:

I don't get the "these beliefs were not mine" bit. Was he tricked? Did he not know what he was saying? Or was he just asking questions?

at least part of it was on a 'come on and talk about conspiracy theories' show so there's maybe an excuse he was talking about that poo poo for entertainment but i didn't want to go listen

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

the holocaust was real. i hope that guy does something better than saying i was just trollin. donations and so forth. i'm a classy perzon

Hedgehog Pie
May 19, 2012

Total fuckin' silence.
The final solution isn't real they changed his name to The Ultimate SOLUTION, the man with the HEADS OF LETTUCE!!

Bizarro Kanyon
Jan 3, 2007

Something Awful, so easy even a spaceman can do it!

flatluigi posted:

when part of what you're apologizing for is holocaust denial you can't really go for that

Would it surprise you if someone used that to explain away Holocaust denial? It would not me.

I think his “they were not mine” comment was as if he was just saying poo poo back then (maybe under the influence of something).

He says that was he says was wrong and horrible so it sounds like he is trying to say that he did not really believe what he said.

Still does not excuse it but I got caught by that and that is just what I could come up with.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Shard posted:

He’s an idiot with perpetual weed brain.

Dirt Road Junglist
Oct 8, 2010

We will be cruel
And through our cruelty
They will know who we are
Holocaust denial is putting it nicely. Dude thinks the holocaust didn't happen, the gas chambers were for delousing, and the moon is hollow. He's a full on "the reptilian Rothschilds run the world."

gently caress that poo poo.

Tweak
Jul 28, 2003

or dont whatever

maybe he means they werent original theories he himself made

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004
The most generous interpretation is that he was just repeating poo poo other people have said in a big compilation of conspiracies like some people do with Mount Shasta and the underground tunnels below Dallas Airport. Not necessarily stuff you believe but put together like an Iceberg post/video

Unfortunately, Holocaust denial and anti-Semitic poo poo should never be considered fun or repeatable in a neutral context, so Kendrick full on sucks anyway.

fez_machine fucked around with this message at 04:16 on Feb 3, 2022

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
A guy that gets dropped on his head for a living read a David Icke book. it's not surprising he believed and repeated any of it.

Zombie Lemur
Jul 6, 2009

Empyrean empties
One time David Icke got super offended that someone asked him if reptilians were a metaphor for Jewish people.

Not because of the anti-Semitism, but because how dare they reduce the totally real lizard people to a mere metaphor.

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

Zombie Lemur posted:

One time David Icke got super offended that someone asked him if reptilians were a metaphor for Jewish people.

Not because of the anti-Semitism, but because how dare they reduce the totally real lizard people to a mere metaphor.

Yep, when David Icke says that the Queen is really a 7 foot tall lizard in a 4 foot tall old lady skin, he really means what he says. No dogwhistling for him.

Another fun David Icke fact, is if you type his name into Google it comes up David Icke: Footballer. As opposed to David Icke: noted crazy person.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

curious how the gently caress this poo poo was so clandestine even back in the CWC, and only now resurfaced. Tony is terminally online, how did he not know this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
lol someone is sour, wager that they were meant to be in the rumble but Plans Changed

https://twitter.com/RealNickAldis/status/1489007245937545221