Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Laterite
Mar 14, 2007

It's Gutfest '89
Grimey Drawer
gather 'round the fyre, and listen to the fantastical tale of the iBrain

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

Laterite posted:

gather 'round the fyre, and listen to the fantastical tale of the iBrain

wow. talk about a fuckathon.

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

josh04 posted:

shakespeare slaps, sorry nerds.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

it’s the nerds who don’t like reading 500 year old scripts that weren’t even written in final draft

galagazombie
Oct 31, 2011

A silly little mouse!
Star Wars will 100% be the play of choice for post-apocalypse America. Any other answer is naive. It’s even got built in arguments over canonicity.

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

galagazombie posted:

Star Wars will 100% be the play of choice for post-apocalypse America. Any other answer is naive. It’s even got built in arguments over canonicity.

god loving damnit

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

galagazombie posted:

I feel like it's hard to do without special effects

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

StashAugustine posted:

just make mouth noises like 3cpo did

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

StashAugustine posted:

use your imagination

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

StashAugustine posted:

starwarskid.avi

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.
The first time a ragged troupe of actors rolls into my village and there's one of them standing in the bed of a horsedrawn pickup truck wearing makeshift Darth Vader armor, that's the point I just run directly into the part of the woods where the acid possums build their nests

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

galagazombie posted:

https://youtu.be/NCBA1wii70o

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Trabisnikof posted:

just make mouth noises like 3cpo did

hopefully, some gay english butlers survive to act out this part.

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

watching an old tng episode and loling at how its hardbaked into the premise that giving weapons to people fighting a war against another country is tantamount to declaring war against that country yourself

golly i wonder why the russians think were more aggressive now compared to thirty years ago

Jokerpilled Drudge
Jan 27, 2010

by Pragmatica
the actors are getting thrown into the human stew pot day one

Justin Tyme
Feb 22, 2011

just had a massive crack ping and now I want to see a samurai western remake of star wars that somehow also has ww2 planes in it

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.

Jokerpilled Drudge posted:

the actors are getting thrown into the human stew pot day one

no, the improv comedians are first

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
speaking of gay english butlers, i was watching that show about Batman's butler, i wonder if Batman knows how many people Alfred just straight up merked. like doming house maids and poo poo.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

there’s a show about Alfred?

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

indigi posted:

there’s a show about Alfred?

yeah lol guess what the title is

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?
Five Knights At Freddy's?

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Teriyaki Hairpiece posted:

Is anyone trying to preserve the knowledge of pop culture against some sort of civilization ending catastrophe like the Svalbard seed vault??

There's a fun scifi short story about this idea but you might not like the punchline.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

https://siliconshelf.files.wordpress.com/2015/05/arthur_c_clarke_history_lesson_ss.pdf

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

https://twitter.com/d3l/status/1488887177031438339?s=21

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

lol

Snake Dance
Jan 5, 2020

by Azathoth

Mantis42 posted:

It's 2075. Hundreds of dirt face peasants have been given leave from their daily labors by the munificent Lord Kayden in order to enjoy the traveling troupe of actors passing through the Duchy of Texarkana. Though the Palais de Costco is larger than any building most have ever set foot in, even it's mighty pre-collapse architecture struggles to contain the peering masses, who strain their eyes to make out the stage and it's players. Cheers erupt as an older man, the leader of the troupe, steps forth wearing a fake beard. He is The Hero and The People Love Him. But what's this? Another appears, stage right. It's the deceiver, the one wearing a comic opera fake nose and large hump on his back. The crowd hisses. Even the children recognize the most famous villain of the stage.

The older man turns and points at the hideous villain, and the crowd silences itself. "Adam! Verily doth thou soil thyself and mine chair! Accursed wretch, I pronounce thee a bug!"

The villain screeches in terror of the Lord and beetle like wings unfold themselves from his hump. A chorus of angelic children start to sing. It's a hymn, and a popular one at that. "Blue Chew Chewable Tablets, Go To Blue Chew Dot Com, Use Promo Code Cuuuum~"

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

galagazombie posted:

does c3po literally do this in rotj with the ewoks?

Clip-On Fedora
Feb 20, 2011

I will wonder the wasteland, traveling from community to community, only singing the King Dedede theme for all who care to listen.

I will be known as the Dedede man.

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

"THE FLASH IS THE REASON
TO RACE TO THE THEATRES"

This title contains sponsored content.

Clip-On Fedora posted:

I will wonder the wasteland, traveling from community to community, only singing the King Dedede theme for all who care to listen.

watch out, here comes old shitwhistler

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

galagazombie posted:

Did somebody not mention Reign Of Fire yet?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NCBA1wii70o

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

It's hosed up that goons are so worried about climate change but we don't have a single thread dedicated to the existential threat subterranean dragons pose to human civilization.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

Clip-On Fedora posted:

I will roam the wasteland searching for the last unbroken king dedede drooling while eating plate

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY posted:

Did somebody not mention Reign Of Fire yet?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NCBA1wii70o

was linked above by someone else, but not embedded. :grin:

nice try bitch. R>C>P.

thx

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

lol

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

Lol at Book of Fett becoming Mandolarian Season 2

Clip-On Fedora
Feb 20, 2011

josh04 posted:

watch out, here comes old shitwhistler

You must be referring to some other shitwhistler, friend. The Dedede man is an Acapella performer.

Teriyaki Hairpiece posted:

I will roam the wasteland searching for the last unbroken king dedede drooling while eating plate

A worthy quest, but it's two gold rims and stunning high gloss finish will no doubt attract desert raiders after the same prize. Be safe Traveler.

Justin Tyme
Feb 22, 2011

AnimeIsTrash posted:

Lol at Book of Fett becoming Mandolarian Season 2

Yeah I don't get what they're doing, like if you were skipping robert fett but liked mandalorian you're missing a lot of story, it does both shows a disservice. Love or hate robert fett, it should be respected enough by the writers to be its own thing and not bringing in other stuff.

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
https://twitter.com/PatrickHastie/status/1489034251785887746?s=20&t=x6uuqtjTaVckCbk5e3lhSw

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

good, maybe they'll cancel that obnoxious godawful show

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
Righteous gemstones is very good.