Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

i will concede that yoshi's island probably should not have been called super mario world 2.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mycophobia
May 7, 2008
it was only called that in the US. fwiw

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Yossy

copy
Jul 26, 2007

mycophobia posted:

it was only called that in the US. fwiw

in france it was a royale with baby mario

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

it should really be called Super Mario World 0

John Romero
Jul 6, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!

Martman posted:

it should really be called Super Mario World 0

super mario world 0/10

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values
I enjoy Yoshi’s Island more playing on a 100% save file so I don’t worry about collecting anything. Finding all the hidden stuff in SMW is always fun, in Yoshi’s Island it’s work.

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~

mycophobia posted:

honestly? it's a beautiful game but i don't really like playing it that much

John Romero posted:

this guy gets it. i liked it when i was a kid but it doesn’t work for me now. it’s just not fun and shouldn’t be smw2

freaks, the both of you

mycophobia
May 7, 2008
i dont like making eggs, or throwing eggs

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

Green Eggs and Yoshi

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

mycophobia posted:

i dont like making eggs, or throwing eggs

this

John Romero
Jul 6, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!

the aiming in the snes version just loving blech

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

John extremely confused when holding back on the d-pad doesn't prevent Baby Mario from being stolen

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

symbolic posted:

John extremely confused when holding back on the d-pad doesn't prevent Baby Mario from being stolen

Lol

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

symbolic posted:

lol

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

John Romero misread Kamek as Carmack and got PTSD flashbacks

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007

symbolic posted:

lol

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

Pablo Nergigante posted:

John Romero misread Kamek as Carmack and got PTSD flashbacks

symbolic posted:

Astoundingly Ugly Baby
Mar 22, 2006

"...crying bitch cave bitch boy."
- Anonymous Facebook user
I had a weird childhood and most sound effects from Yoshi's Story cause me PTSD or something.

The weird struggling noise when Yoshi tries to hold himself in the air or the tongue noise makes me involuntarily lock my jaw and grit my teeth.

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020

Astoundingly Ugly Baby posted:

I had a weird childhood and most sound effects from Yoshi's Story cause me PTSD or something.

The weird struggling noise when Yoshi tries to hold himself in the air or the tongue noise makes me involuntarily lock my jaw and grit my teeth.

:guywhistlingandthenseeingthispostandthenbackingupbutiforgottheemotename:

Kongming
Aug 30, 2005

Going ape poo poo when I hear the classic "1-Up" noise in Mario Bros due to childhood trauma.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

:staredog:

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

more like a Barking Dog, woof!
The new Pokémon is ftfmw, as a 33 year old man

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

yoshi's island is no axelay thats for sure a m i right fellas

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

The one kid in my grade with a Genesis had a mullet and his dad was our Cub Scout leader. One time we were at his house for a scout meeting and then we went down into his astroturfed basement and we watched him beat Kid Chameleon in one sitting.

I got pulled out of scouts after that because the dad tried to convince the other dads to let him take nude pictures of us

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

:dogwhistle::dogwhistle::dogwhistle:

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011
Controllers for molested gamers.............. Lol, loving Classic poo poo. But the twist is ........... this tiome, its real LOL. :D

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

Arrhythmia posted:

Controllers for molested gamers.............. Lol, loving Classic poo poo. But the twist is ........... this tiome, its real LOL. :D

lol

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 5 days!

Bicyclops posted:

i will concede that yoshi's island probably should not have been called super mario world 2.

its a prequel and should have been called super mario world 0

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

That Little Demon posted:

:guywhistlingandthenseeingthispostandthenbackingupbutiforgottheemotename:

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

guy that just cant stop posting about being molested as a child in imp zone isnt a very fun gimmick

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020

Arrhythmia posted:

lol

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020
*Sees the 100 threads about molesters, being molested, things only a molested kid/molester of kids would buy, use and do in this forum*

That guy: well its cheaper than therapy I guess

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

a Loving Dog posted:

Have you been posting since the age of 12 What the Christ.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

I finally repaired my joy cons after years of sitting in docked mode and Bed gaming is back, baby.

mycophobia
May 7, 2008
i wish i didnt get spoiled on the coffee break in earthbound before i got there just now. oh well still cool

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Kongming posted:

Going ape poo poo when I hear the classic "1-Up" noise in Mario Bros due to childhood trauma.

Arrhythmia posted:

John Romero
Jul 6, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!

a Loving Dog posted:

agreed. i just wish the story scenes weren’t so boring

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Someone said PTSD and you know what that means… bring it in guys! *Every trauma, repressed memory and negative emotion come in with everything for a HUGE psychiatric disorder*

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Someone said PTSD and you know what that means… bring it in guys! *Every trauma, repressed memory and negative emotion come in with everything for a HUGE psychiatric disorder*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Pablo Nergigante posted: